Start by marking “Sunny Days at the Beach (Borteen Secrets #3)” as Want to Read:
Sunny Days at the Beach (Borteen Secrets #3)

Sunny Days at the Beach

(Borteen Secrets #3)

From party nights at the pub to sunny days at the beach …

Craft shop owner Mandy Vanes has always enjoyed a commitment-free singleton lifestyle — in fact, she’s well-known for her wild ways in her small seaside town on the coast.

But when local teenager, Nick Crossten, turns to her for help, Mandy has the opportunity to prove she can be a responsible adult. Although things g
Published August 18th 2020 by Choc Lit

To ask other readers questions about Sunny Days at the Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunny Days at the Beach

Start your review of Sunny Days at the Beach (Borteen Secrets #3)
Kirsty ❤️
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this. It's so very easy to read. In fact I was meant to spend the day listening in only to an online training course but  I started reading this alongside it. I finished the whole book during the training! I was probably naughtily far too engaged in this rather than the training. I could really engage with Mandy despite not having anything in common with her – I’ve never had to foster a teenage boy or give a child up for adoption. It was very easy though to put myself in her s ...more
Els
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
It has been a while but we could start packing and visit Borteen once again. Woohoo! 🙂

This story is about new beginnings, second chances, lives being changed for the better but of course some people will never change. They will remain selfish and keep on making the wrong choices. Do they hurt others in the process? Yes, but they just don’t care. Looking out for number one is what matters.

I enjoyed the way Nick and Mandy developed. You really never have to give up hope. Love is a force to be reck
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
It’s time to head back to Borteen with Mandy’s story in ‘Sunny Days at the Beach‘. If you’ve read any of the stories set in Borteen then you’ll know that this is a lively little coastal town full of mysteries and intriguing people. While I enjoy reading connecting stories in order, you don’t absolutely have to have read the earlier books set here. But we’re going to be running into some very familiar faces so I would gently encourage you to check them out at some point for I’ve enjoyed each one ...more
Karen Mace
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mandy is living the dream - or is she?! Single, partying and running her own craft business is what she always dreamed of! But the mornings after are beginning to take their toll and in this story her life is about to change dramatically and I loved every minute of her journey of discovering what is really important to her and how life can turn upside down overnight!

She has always had a soft spot for Nick, a young local artist who has sold his artwork in her shop, but when he is left alone by hi
Isobel
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sunny days at the beach- well the title may give the idea of carefree time doing nothing in particular but for these inhabitants of Borteen Bay there are plenty of challenging responsibilities.
Mandy has it all, on the face of it, but has a secret.
Graham discovers that somebody else has been keeping a secret.
The secrets of gin making are uncovered!
This book has a very engaging feel, although all the characters have things to deal with they are all warm and interesting- except one, and even tha
Gill
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure about this book intitially, with the hint of self harming – not something I need to read about for pleasure, but that turned out to be a minor glitch, and once I got going, I couldn’t stop, read the whole thing in one sitting. I have enjoyed the previous Borteen Bay books, but I have to say that I think I like this one the best – I thoroughly enjoyed the story – Mandy is a most likeable and human heroine. So, what more can I say? Another winner for me, and an easy 5 star rating.
Yvonne Greene
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books this year! Party animal Mandy takes in an abandoned teenage boy - that is a massive undertaking for anyone but especially for someone who has never had children. Throw in the discovery of the boy’s previously unknown possible father and you have a wonderful read that is a rollercoaster of emotions - from humour to really deep feelings. I did have to get the tissues out. Highly recommend!
Barbara
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This starts off as a standard bad girl makes good romance which I thought would soon bore me but how wrong I was. The story is a real heart string tugger. The characters are all so well portrayed that it is almost like reading a biography! Mandy is yes the archetypal village bad girl who, yes, does make good but what a rollercoaster of a journey she has. Nick and Graham are real people with real shortcomings. A lovely romance I really enjoyed.
Isabelle D
If you previously visited Borteen in The Girl on the Beach, The Truth Lies Buried and/or Christmas at Borteen Bay (that can be read in any order), you'll recognise some characters in this new story, starting with Mandy, who's the heroine this time. Most of the others are only mentioned or make a brief appearance but there's a second one who has an important role here - Nick, the teenage boy with a talent for painting that appeared in The Girl on the Beach (so I would suggest to read that one ...more
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
Full disclosure first, this is actually the first book I have read by Morton Gray, even though I have a couple of her books on my kindle, I just haven’t had the time to read them. All book lovers will know exactly what I mean, there are only so many hours in a day, but I will read them.
This is apart of the Borteen Secrets series, now as I said previously I haven’t read any of Morton Gray’s book before this, so I have missed out on the previous instalments to the series, but to be honest, the sto
Sally Coles
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mandy is struggling with yet another hangover..... when will she ever learn.... when she arrives at her craft business to find Nick on her doorstep, the young teen who's work she exhibits. Nick is distraught as his mother has upped and left on his own with no money and so Mandy takes him in..... but what about the man who turns up claiming to be his father although Nick has never heard of him!

Great story with lots of little twists, I love Graham and the way he steps up to the mark with the son h
Carol Thomas
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the Borteen series of books and had been waiting for the next to arrive. Diving in, I soon discovered a story that hooked me in with characters I cared about. Serious situations were handled with care; I cried, I smiled, and I welcomed those all-important feel-good moments. It was great to learn more about Mandy Vanes, a character who has made appearances in previous Borteen novels, and I especially liked Nick – a teenager whose plight drives the plot. It was a great read with plenty of h ...more
Katie
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't put it down. Mandy is such a likeable character it really feels like she is a friend and that I have known her a long time! She is very relatable, funny and just overall a perfect lead character with stories to tell. You can't help but want the best for the characters Mandy, Nick and Graham, even through the twists and turns.

A perfect read for sunny days at the beach (in fact anytime!)
Donna Morgan
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and not at all predictable. I also liked the way it dealt with sensitive issues and showed how people unknowingly let past trauma define the rest of their lives.
I loved the character of Mandy. She has a “party girl” reputation but manages to come to the rescue of abandoned teenager Nick whose Mum has upped & left.
Highly recommended.
Reconciliation
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book in no time. The story line is captivating, encouraging you to turn the page to find out what happens next. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the characters evolution as they grew into their new family roles and was left with a sense of happiness that good things do happen even in the midst of negative situations.
Juliet Lewin
Vanessa-Ann Dowsett
Oct 01, 2020
Zoe
Oct 02, 2020

• A Wedding on the Riviera (Riviera #2)
  • A Summer to Remember in Herring Bay
  • Escape to the Art Cafe
  • Little Village of Second Chances
  • Summer at Serenity Bay
  • Her Sister's Secret: The Summer of '66
  • Lily's Secret (Cornish Secrets #2)
  • Beyond Grey
  • It Started with a Pirate (Schubert #4)
  • Angel Heart
  • Spring on Rendezvous Lane
  • Strictly on Ice
  • The Saturday Morning Park Run
  • Cosy Christmas Treats
Morton lives with her husband, two sons and Lily, the tiny white dog, in Worcestershire, U.K. She has been reading and writing fiction for as long as she can remember, penning her first attempt at a novel aged fourteen, the plot of which closely resembled an Errol Flynn film. As with many authors, life got in the way of writing for many years until she won a short story competition in 2006 and the ...more

Borteen Secrets (6 books)
  • The Girl on the Beach (Borteen Secrets #1)
  • The Truth Lies Buried (Borteen Secrets #2)
  • Christmas at Borteen Bay (Borteen Secrets #2.5)
  • Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe