Start by marking “Hitman vs Hitman” as Want to Read:
Hitman vs Hitman

Hitman vs Hitman

Ricardo Torralba and August Morrison don’t agree on much besides the fact that they hate each other. According to Ricardo, August is a spoiled brat who really needs to knock off the sass once in a while. August insists that Ricardo needs a sense of humor, a good lay, or a well-placed bullet. Maybe all three.

Fortunately, the assassin’s profession is a solitary one, and they
Published July 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hitman vs Hitman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitman vs Hitman

Start your review of Hitman vs Hitman
Simone
***3.5 Stars***rounded up due to last 25%

This was fun! 😎 So, if you like your hitmen all broody, mysterious and hard-eyed.... yeah, probably better look elsewhere. #protip

Oh, and August: I hate to break it to you, but despite the wearing-socks-in-bed thing, you can't hold a candle - ugh, what the hell am I saying? Not even a match! - to Ethan Blade, who will always and forever remain my favorite assassin. 🔫🚘🐪😉
Daesy
**grm**

I really liked this book and I wished it had more chapters. Sure, there wasn't a lot of romance and my thirsty side wasn't really happy with the lack of sex scenes, since there was only one on page, but I enjoyed the bickering and I found Ricardo and August to be a strange, but believable couple. I wouldn't mind reading more books about them.
There were also some things that made me roll my eyes and that did make me guess their intelligence twice, like not using the condom the first time t
Santy
Liked this!

It wasn't a romance per se but still saw the relationship between the two assassins develop into one where they were HFN.

More in-depth review when I can manage it
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
3.5 ⭐
An enjoyable book.
It's perfect for a light summer reading, if you like crime stories, featuring hitmen and action a little more than romance.
(But don't read this book searching for a realistic setting!)
Devanshi
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The only problem is in the blurb. It says standalone gay romantic suspense. I mean there was suspense, action, first class humour, tension, romance and every other thing promised. But why is it a standalone? Give me 10 more books with August and Ricardo. They are just so diverse a character you can fill pages about them. The book didn't give me much of an insight on their past and the ending demands more.

It was a book on TWO hitmen. Yo! And they were the proper hitmen, not the legal CIA hitman
Ami
L.A. Witt and Cari Z teaming up again for an enjoyable story about TWO hitmen!

Ricardo Torralba and August Morrison are two of the best hitmen although they couldn't tolerate each other. Much. But then they are both set-up to kill the same target, and things all the way wrong, because clearly it's more about killing the two of them, rather than the target. So Ricardo and August have to work together if they want to survive and find out who want them both dead.

L.A. Witt and Cari Z both have becom
Natalie panda eyes
Aug 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I’m surprised I didn’t enjoy this one more, given it had everything I love in a book. Two hitmen at each other’s throats whilst hunting down the one who set them up. What’s not to love. Mostly action, a little romance and plenty of bickering, but I just couldn’t get into it until towards the end. Just felt there was something missing.
ReadingAllNite
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m
3.5 Entertaining stars

Kind of a fun romp in parts but lots of OTT action, bullets, bombs and gore. Little sex and I didn’t really feel the romance myself. Telling each other their histories was kind of awful, especially August. Good distraction because it’s not remotely connected to reality. I still wouldn’t give either of them 5 stars on Rate My Hit.
Kazza
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

Another enjoyable co-write from Cari Z and L.A. Witt. Very much in the vein of the wonderful Bad Behavior series, start at Risky Behavior, and the Double Trouble duology, starting at Double or Nothing.

The blurb does a good job at letting readers know what to expect of Hitman vs Hitman. The story delivers an overall more lighthearted tone to a Hitman story but not without some definite bite.

I enjoyed the MCs, August and Ricardo are different people but have their profession in common, but n
F.
A book in the same fashion as How to Shield an Assassin though not as much banter and a bit more serious. Definitely in the fiction category but a lot of fun to read with OTT stuff - Victor (the bad guy), the mafia don and not to forget August's house defenses!! Overall a good easy, forget the world state, read. ...more
Didi
Grumpy meet nosy/sunny in the best possible way. (And I assume the co-authors had much fun concocting their men’s pain and giggle as always!)
Elizabeth
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
It was fun but could have used more sexual tension between the characters. It lacked some longing and buildup but the suspense aspect was on point.

L.A. Witt
Jul 08, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Available July 20th.
UltraMeital
Aug 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I don't even know how much time it took me to read this book as I started and stopped a few times before I committed myself into it. Something about Ricardo and August/Augustus didn't "work" for me. They spent most of the book quarreling with one another disagreeing about anything and everything. The attraction was always there - I got that and I actually really appreciated that it took them time to act upon it. The book was very suspenseful but the real action started I think round 70% in and d ...more
Maryann Kafka
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was thoroughly entertained with this fast-paced, page-turner, “Hitman vs. Hitman” but it left me wondering if Cari Z and L.A. Witt will give us more from Ricardo and August.

A five million dollar pay-day and top on “rate your hit” list, who could refuse!

Ricardo Torralba and August Morrison have no business being together but when they both become the target things get a little crazy and the competition is serious business. They have to team up and try and save anyone connected to them that coul
Grammy 1

Release date:7/20/20
Page Count: 259 pages
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Rated: Mature

I haven’t read much of author Cari Z but I am very well aquainted with Ms Witt! I jumped at the chance to read this and as always was not disappointed. Reading the blurb
about two hit men, #’s 1 and #2 on the Hitman Yellow Pages struck me as right up my alley.

So the rivalry bet
James Ciongoli
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hoping to see more of Augustus and Ricardo.....

The blurb for this book said it was a one off stand alone. I hope not. This book is refreshing and seems to have it all. From the 'Rate Your Hit' app, to the competitive hit men and their targets, not to mention narrow escapes, meth lab safe houses, and a bit man seemingly more worried about his clothes than his weapons this book speeds from one crisis to the next. Basically Augustus is a wealthy hit man. He has a professional hatred of fellow hit m
Sanna
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: MM readers, LA Witt fans, action fans
What a ride! Instafavourite

This title's a standalone MM Action Romance with a HEA. Enemies to lovers, Crime, Assassins, forced proximity.

This was a total hit for me! OMG what fun! Hilarious! Funny!

This author's one of my favourite MM names these days. What I like a lot for one thing besides writing skills is that there's different styles of stories. They're not all cloned which is something that's good in my opinion. There's a variety to the stories. Some I like less, some more (usually a lot) a
Didi Ps
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ricardo Torralba and August Morrison are two hitmen who have always worked independently from each other. They meet during a job they were both hired for without their knowledge, & through circumstances beyond their control, they are forced to work together in order to see who wants them dead....

The Rate Your Hit site seems a bit farfetched to me... I’m sure there’s a rating system for these jobs, but this seems unrealistic.

August is an annoying, incessant talker who ends up being quite funny (a
R
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Two hit men, one job, they both fail spectacularly. Running and hiding is a bit out of character for both men who have egos the size of Alaska. Forced to work together, each knowing that killing the other would be so sweet. But that before they get to the sweet parts of each other.

August: “You’ll miss me. I know you will.”
Ricardo: “My aim is better than that.”

Funny, snarky, egotistical hit men. What could go wrong? Apparently everything. Read it for your self. You’ll fall in love with (not) Ric
Harrison Hicks
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This was my first "hitman/criminal" novel. Still not sure it's my cup of tea - not because of the writing since Witt and Z. are great writers (otherwise I wouldn't have tried it). It's just a bit hard for me to get past the fact that these guys aren't exactly heroes. If this is your type of thing, go for it. There are some good moments with dark humor and some interesting plot twists. But as for me, I'm going to need a bit more persuading....
Grace
Eh, not bad. 2.5 rounded up.

Another one of Witt's "decent but not particularly amazing" books. I did like that they went in on the hitman trope and didn't shy away from the murdery bits (though ofc, they only don't kill "innocents") but I found the banter a bit trying and the sexual dynamics did absolutely nothing for me--one of the few times I was grateful there was only one on-screen sex scene. By the end I was definitely skimming a bit through the action. I jut lost interest.
Becky
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A victorious good time

This was the most fun I've had reading a book since the last Alice Winters.
The characters are brilliant and nuanced, the action is over the top in the most brilliant way and the authors have thrown in at least three fake-outs just to keep you on your toes.
Must read.
Penny
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just Awesome!

This book was SO GREAT. Good story line, great snarky guys, humor, sass, sexy times! The writing was great and everything flowed well. August was just hilarious ☺ I have really enjoyed a lot of L. A. Witt's books, and now will look for more from Cari Z. This one is a winner!! One I read read over and over.
Mercedes Hightower
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book came up when I was desperately searching for a LGBTQ Thriller to read and this was so much fun!!! The tone of it is weirdly funny and light while being interesting. I really enjoyed this and LOVED the characters. I really hope this is a series would be so in to more light, thrilling and funny good times with these 2.
AllAboutThoseBooks
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Assuming you like hitmen, enough munitions to arm a small country, and one romantic lead carrying the other to safety, I highly recommend the book. It's entertaining, and both leads are likable. It's easy to want them for each other.
Donna
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
These two assassins/hitmen had me wanting to bang their heads against the wall on more than one occasion... grrr

There were times I almost called it quits on this one, but as usual, I was glad I continued to the end!

MacTíre
This book was a very nice surprise. The problem with this genre is that the excessive realism is killing the romantic aspects of the story and too unrealistic style kills the story itself. Balancing it all is an art.
I can say for myself that the authors succeeded.
Carey
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cute once it got going.
Sabrina
Jul 28, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF.

This is just a preference of mine. I prefer my hitmen books to be darker. Dark characters with ambiguous morals that is actually shown, less banter (my God, these two spoke a lot. Too much speaking and banter) and more dark action.

I left it very early on (10%) but so far I couldn’t stand the MC’s.

Of all the books that I’ve read of L.A. Witt, I have only enjoyed one. Just one (Bitcoins something it was called). I think it’s time for me to give up on this author.

• Smash & Grab (RELIC #1)
  • In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)
  • Just My Luck
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Partnership (Covert Affairs #1)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Ride the Lightning (Sinister in Savannah, #1)
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • All That Remains (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #3)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Two Straights Too Many (Heroes of Port Dale, #1)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • Duking It Out (Royal Powers #1)
  • Hit or Miss, to Kill or Kiss (Heroes of Port Dale #2)
  • Wild Warrior (Weavers Circle #2)
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more