Start by marking “Hate the Player” as Want to Read:
Hate the Player

Hate the Player

(Hollywood #3)

“Roses are red, violets are blue, stay away from Andrew Watson’s *ahem* because no other women ever do.”

That’s quite the way to start a conversation at a casual lunch, huh? Grilled chicken, French fries, and pelvic-fatigue, oh my!

And that’s not even the worst of it.

My friend Raquel didn’t pull any punches when she warned me about my brand-new costar and his notoriously pla
366 pages
Published July 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hate the Player, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate the Player

Start your review of Hate the Player
Max Monroe
Jul 21, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
SURPRISE! HATE THE PLAYER is LIVE EARLY + FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED!!

✔️Enemies-to-lovers
✔️Hilarious Romantic Comedy standalone
👄One HOT player with hella addicting game

Trust us, this is the book you NEED in your life right now!
Hot and hilarious, it is ALL THE ROM COM THINGS!
The ABSOLUTE PERFECT SUMMER READ!

ONE-CLICK HERE (FREE in KU!): mybook.to/HateThePlayer
(Paperback coming soon! And Audio date TBD!)

Here is a list of things that you need to be prepared for while reading Hate the Player:

ABookLover73
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon...
maggieandteddy
My first Max Monroe book. I'm not the biggest fan of Hollywood based stories, but this was cute and funny.
Birdie is a naive country singer branching out to co-star in her first movie.
Andrew is a man-ho by reputation, but he's a much nicer guy than that. He's obviously attracted to Birdie, but he's her co-star in their upcoming movie.
There's great supporting characters. Birdie's friends and her sister are very supportive.
I'm sure that I'll be reading more of MM's books.
Ashley Hampton
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Usually I can demolish a full book in like three hours, but today it’s taken me HOURS, and I mean hours to finish. Let me put it this way; my kids didn’t slow my pace, heck even the electric going out and staying out for hours, while I’m over here sweating my tatas off, didn’t even have me blink an eye. You wanna know the honest answer? The real honest answer? Well here you have it.

I found myself dying of laughter to only go back and die of laughter even more, because I could not stop going bac
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hate the Player is Max Monroe's newest stand-alone novel. The main characters from two other books appear in this one (Birdie's sister is one of them), but this book is a complete stand-alone.

While reading this book I realized that many of Max Monroe's characters share the same trait. They are walking STDs who are arrogant and yet when they fall for the heroine they become very sweet. I would like to see a different kind of hero from this duo. In how many books do I have to read about their sle
Sam (AMNReader)
Aug 30, 2020 marked it as life-is-too-short  ·  review of another edition
Just not hooking me! DNF21%
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Amazon Worldwide

Birdie's been suitably warned off playboy Andrew Watson, the man who will be her costar if she nails her first audition. She's not too worried about him, though, she's more worried about making a fool of herself in front of all the Hollywood people, making her brother-in-law look bad for recommending her and getting her the audition. But then this annoying guy in the waiting room drives her so bonkers it riles her up so much that when the two of them (yes, of course
Kate R
Shelves: arcs
Hate The Player was an absolute joy to read! It is a standalone but does have some characters from the Hollywood series, and the main characters here were introduced in those previous books. It’s an enemies to lovers romantic comedy. Birdie is a country music singer in Nashville, but gets her break in Hollywood on a movie about a country singer. Andrew is already the other lead costar. The book starts out with their audition and eventually their filming of the movie, which was so fun and interes ...more
Keri Loves Books
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I smiled and laughed through this entire sexy, sassy, enemies to lovers romance with off the charts sexual tension! This country music star is about to bring Hollywood's most wanted heartthrob to his knees.

Birdie Harris is a country music star who has just been given the opportunity to star in her first movie. Her family warns her off her infamous co-star. He likes fast cars and beautiful women. She needs to keep her pants on around America's Sexiest Man Alive to keep her reputation intact.

Andre
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We already heard a little about Birdie and Andrew in the last books. But this can be read as a complete standalone.

Birdie has been pretty famous in Nashville for the last seven years, doing her Country Music Star thingy.

And Andrew. He's a huge Hollywoodstar. Has been for 15 years now.

And he's also a huge manwhore. At least that's what Birdie's friends and family are telling her. Do not fall for that guy!

Why are they telling her that? Because they will be working together on a film very soon!
Bird
Erin Lewis
5 star review Hate The Player by Max Monroe

Max Monroe’s stories are highly addictive, entertaining, funny and their writing seamless as I have no idea where one author finishes and the other takes over. I know when I begin one of their books that I am in for an entertaining read that will more than likely have me in tears of laughter.
You cannot help but become invested in the story that Max Monroe weaves and Birdie Harris and Andrew Watson’s story had me riveted from the first to the last page.
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

4.5 Stars

I adored this title. I loved both Andrew and Birdie, I loved their hatred of one another, I loved their interactions and I loved their connection.

I also loved the little glimpses of how nice Andrew was actually being toward her, even though she didn't see it. It left me feeling like Andrew was a little bit of a nicer guy than Birdie thought, and it made me a little more willing to see him as something other than a complete jerk.

This one worked for me, and
Kelly (the book hussy)
3.25 Stars

Not my favorite in the series. It took me a while to warm up to Andrew. I’m over the player Hero’s. And he was a walking talking STD. Super arrogant and cocky and used sweetheart WAY too much. If you call a random woman sweetheart and then the woman who ends up YOUR woman sweetheart. It’s just not genuine. This greatly annoys me.

I liked the famous country singer making her first movie storyline. I kept picturing Carrie Underwood in my head as Birdie. And the Hero, a famous playboy act
Becca T. 🥰dreamingandromanticreading
NICE COVER 😍😍

While I appreciate the cover, I just did not connect with this story. As such, I stopped reading like 30 pages in....I found the story to be TOO SILLY for my taste. Perhaps if I’d read the other stories in this series I would feel differently, but I just found it TOO GIMICKY!! Also, the chemistry between Birdie (INTERESTING NAME 😂) and Andrew was LACKING!! I didn’t feel the STEAMY CONNECTION that the author intended for her readers to believe existed between the two characters. This
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

And Andrew. He's a huge Hollywoodstar. Has been for 15 years now.

Bird
Amanda (Romance Reviewed)
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
(ARC Review)

This was a very sweet, very funny enemies to lovers romance that was super fun to read. I was craving something lighthearted and this baby fit the bill! Sometimes it’s comforting to read romance that you know won’t break your heart but will still make you swoon.

The banter between Birdie and Andrew is top notch. I loved how they couldn’t stop riling each other up, but I loved even more when they realized they no longer wanted to play that game.

I thoroughly enjoyed Andrew’s journey f
Kors Chick
Jul 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’m trying to get through the first 6% of this book but it has been pure torture. I don’t need the back story for every character of each of your past books in the hopes that I will go and read that too. It’s annoying and distracting. I’m going to try to skip a little to see if I get to any interesting parts. Otherwise, I’ll label this one as DNF and I’ll add these authors to my Do Not Read list since this isn’t the first time I’ve encountered this problem with them.
Aimee
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice quick easy read. It has its predictable moments but overall it is funny and light. Andrew and Birdie are both likable characters and the supporting characters are interesting as well. Each one is decently crafted so that they seem like real people and not just props in the story. If you like whirlwind romances with an HEA I think you might like this one.

Happy Reading!
Jeeves Reads Romance
Tension-filled and sexy

Love all that delicious tension! This lighthearted enemies to lovers romance is filled with chemistry and humor, making the pages fly by. Our hero is a shameless playboy who has finally met his match, and sparks fly between the two right away. I loved all of the bickering that is really banter, the humor, and the slow build from loathe to love. And while it took a long, long time for the hero to grow on me, he did win me over by the end.

The story follows Birdie, a country
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!

A Max Monroe romantic comedy is a real good time. Alternating between fanning myself, swooning and howling with laughter, this author duo has given me hours of entertainment. Hate the Player is their latest romcom, and it is one heck of a wild ride.

I absolutely loved Andrew and Birdie together. They were fire and gasoline from the start. Birdie, a country superstar, was making her Hollywood acting debut. Andrew, a Hollywood heartthrob, was her leading man. I loved Birdie—she was genuine
Jenn Amy
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED Birdie and Andrew’s story!

Max Monroe’s writing is my favourite! Nobody writes a rom-com like this duo! Super ridiculous antics that have me snorting in laughter mixed with all the feels.

Andrew, well known, popular Hollywood actor was a complete jerk in the beginning! I had no idea how I ended up falling for him so much but when he pulls out all the sweetest gestures and moments for Birdie I couldn’t get enough.

Birdie is a popular country star who has been cast to play as Andrew’s co-star
Katia Hatter
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Birdie, an up and coming country singer, and Andrew, a famous Hollywood actor and notorious “player”. Birdie has been offered the chance to audition for a major motion picture and Andrew has been cast as her potential co-star.

To say that sparks fly from the beginning is a massive understatement. This is not your typical “meet cute”, and from the beginning the lives of attraction - and hate - are drawn. You won’t forget the interactions between these two - they are epic in a
Ros 🌼
3 stars

This was another quick, fun read. I also seem to have a thing for books with orange covers at the moment.

Whilst this is technically an enemies to lovers storyline, both Birdie and Andrew are fun characters, so the banter between the pair of them was witty as opposed to mean.

The start of this book took me a little getting used to. I felt that there were too many characters and I had to reread the first 10 pages a couple of times. It turns out that whilst this is a standalone, it isn’t the
KeelyReadsRomance
Birdie and Andrew are a perfect match! I love their stubbornness and tenacity. Max Monroe’s book always make laugh out loud and this one was no different! So many one liners and hilarious scenes! 😂 There’s a broken nose, pot brownies, and so much more!

She laughs at me and lifts her hands defensively. “Hey, I’m just trying to look out for you. His dick is like a soldier. It’s seen things ladies like us should never see. Done things it’s not even sure it’s proud of. It is a maker of sexual carnag
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
I laughed so hard at one point I almost peed myself. So funny and good.
Oliver
Jul 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
-Marie, ☆☆☆☆☆

I am absolutely a die hard Max Monroe fan! I devoured this book!

When you take Nashville’s hottest star and throw her into Hollywood to co-star with Hollywood’s biggest player, what do you get? The best story ever!

She hated him, he was enthralled by her. Andrew couldn’t help himself every chance he got to rile Birdie up and her witty retorts had me laughing through out the whole book. But he was also paying close attention to everything she did and not to his heart. Birdie couldn’t d
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Hate the player is the laugh out loud comedy we all need this summer! Andrew is as infuriating as he is hot and Birdie’s sass and fire will have no part in his silky antics! The only problem though, their attraction?

Birdie and Andrew have one heck of a start and each interaction is funnier and crazier than the first! When their interactions become more constant and in closer quarters their lust won’t be denied!

This story is very angsty but hilarious! It was beautiful to see the attentive side
Anna Reads Here
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 20-july
Synopsis: Birdie Harris is going from country music sweetheart to Hollywood starlet and it just so happens that her co-star is Andrew Watson, who believes he’s god's gift to womankind. Working on a movie about an upcoming country musician who gets her big break and falls in love with the charming veteran country musician is a little too close to home for Birdie and Andrew. But things are about to get really interesting when the cameras aren’t rolling and you’re all invited to watch this unfold.

R
Rosie
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Max Monroe writes the best kind of romantic comedies, the ones that have you laughing out loud in public, blushing at the steam and rooting for the couple all the way through, and Hate the Player was no different.

Birdie Harris is a successful country singer, but when she’s approached to star in a new film Grass Roots, about an up and coming musician, she jumps at the chance because the story is made for her. The only downside is she’ll be opposite Andrew Watson, well known actor and pl

• Wild for You (Hot Jocks, #6)
  • Show Time (Juniper Ridge, #1)
  • The Setup (The Brentwood Boys, #6)
  • Under His Protection
  • Billionaire Bad Boy (Bedding the Billionaire)
  • One Hot Crush (Hot Brits #3)
  • The Dis-Graced (Beguiling a Billionaire #5)
  • The Parallel Series: Includes Books 1-3
  • Barking Up the Wrong Tree (Sex and Sweet Tea, #3)
  • Certified Playboy: Holt (Certified Playboys, #4)
  • Pretty as a Peach (Sex and Sweet Tea, #4)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Sex and Sweet Tea, #5)
  • The Stand Out
  • The Queen's Secret: A Novel of England's World War II Queen
  • Georgiana: Duchess of Devonshire
  • Billionaire Bosshole (Bedding the Billionaire #1)
  • Untouchable (Empire High, #1)
  • The Trouble With Quarterbacks
See top shelves…
About five years ago, a dynamic duo of romance authors teamed up under the pseudonym Max Monroe, and, well, the rest is history...

Max Monroe is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of more than thirty contemporary romance titles. Favorite writing partners and long time friends, Max and Monroe strive to live and write all the fun, sexy swoon so often missing from their Facebook newsf

Hollywood (3 books)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • Winning Hollywood's Goodest Girl (Hollywood, #2)