Start by marking “14 Habits of Highly Productive Developers” as Want to Read:
14 Habits of Highly Productive Developers

14 Habits of Highly Productive Developers

You can learn the most popular frameworks, use the best programming languages, and work at the biggest tech companies, but if you cultivate bad habits, it will be hard for you to become a top developer.

This book doesn't offer a straight path or pre-defined formula of success. This book is a result of a quest. A quest to uncover what habits can be cultivated to become a bet
Published July 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about 14 Habits of Highly Productive Developers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 14 Habits of Highly Productive Developers

Start your review of 14 Habits of Highly Productive Developers
Zeno
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What can I say? I wrote this book :P
Elias Sousa
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me this book entered the category of books as passionate programmer and rework. Light reading with useful and accurate tips. The 'TODO' and 'Questions & Anwsers' sessions are excellent! ...more
Luciana Nunes
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aquele livro que dá pra ler em poucas horas dedicadas. Seja você iniciando como pessoa desenvolvedora, seja tentando entender o seu caminho como pessoa desenvolvedora, seja você iniciando como pessoa líder técnica, seja você líder de uma empresa de tecnologia, de forma geral, esse livro tem dicas e reflexões que podem ajudar na sua carreira a curto e / ou longo prazo. Aquele livro que deve ser lido mais de uma vez, ter novos insights e reflexões, analisar o que planejou após a leitura e o que co ...more
Jayanti Sharma
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dev, library, start
Highly highly recommend this book to every dev who wanna be productive in this pandemic.

Zeno has brilliantly compiled this short book in accurate tips, ToDo and the Q&As with various talented developers around the world.
Worth reading and adopting in life💯💯
Graham Holtslander
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and actionable. I liked the way it had a section called “todo” in each chapter that gave me ways to think about and apply what I had just read!
Anna
Mar 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021
Good book for beginners in the industry
Zizo Ribeiro
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zeno goes beyond coding, he and other engineers give you many good insights that you can carry on for your entire professional career. It so refreshing to read this book because takes away a lot of pressure off our shoulders seeing that others are facing the almost same difficult situations we are dealing with it in our own careers. Thanks Zeno!
Esther
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice and easy read that provides useful tidbits of information on how to be a more productive developer. The TODOs are especially a nice way to start forming some new habits.
Mohit Khare
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Experiences shared by professionals across the book give some real good insights. Overall a nice short read. Its like a blog with lot of experience added for each habit.
Augusto
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: não-ficção
Surpreendido positivamente. É um livro que martela de uma maneira bem criativa em certos "soft-skills" que acabam relegados na cabeça de muita gente que se considera técnica: saber coisas fundamentais como se organizar, comunicar e estudar são vistas como tarefas humanas menores.

É complicado criticar se colocando na posição de "se eu tivesse escrito esse livro teria feito assim e assado", mas por vezes erra o tom sendo condescendente ou excessivamente otimista. Não desabona por completo, mas ca
Valdeci Gomes
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me in a very good way.

I am a Brazilian Software Engineer, but I preferred to read this book in English, as I do in most of the books I read, and I really like to know that this book was written by a Brazilian guy, I felt represented.

Also, I am like to focus on keeping good habits, on my work, and personal life, so I think that even though I'm already practicing some tips from this book, the others are very important, and listen to good examples of experienced professionals is
Roni Laukkarinen
Short but delightful book! As a front-end developer I love these kind of books. This one came to me as a surprise since I just bought Dracula Pro theme for Visual Studio Code and the e-book was included! Did not know that Zeno has written this awesome piece. Have been using Dracula theme forever and I absolutely adore it. Many great tips on how to handle life as an developer. Thanks, Zeno! (Still one of my absolutely favorite humans on Earth) 🧛
Nguyen Thai Binh
Zeno is answering major questions that I was looking for.

As a developer, my main question is, how can I be valuable and competitive in the market. What are the tips and tricks? Zeno has given some practices that i can do everyday. He also discusses a very interesting topic regarding being a specialist or a generalist.
Ricardo Ramírez
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the author mentions, this is not an instruction book but a compilation of tips and experiences that can help you throughout your career. It is a small book, straight to the point and offers different points of view from industry experts.

I wish that some topics had been extended more (like burnout), but I think it can be a good starting point for any reader.
Marcell Cruz
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read!
Robson De Araujo Gomes
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Leitura fácil e sem enrolação. As dicas são boas e atemporais (e acho que valem pra outras carreiras). Muito bom pra quem deseja tirar mais de sua carreira.
José Luiz
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book was very well thought out and designed so that you can read as you wish.

Focus on habit 11;)
Phil
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book. Short, to the point and full of insights. I really enjoyed the Q&A sections the end of each chapter. I would recommend this for a software engineer just starting out or with a few years experience.
Diego De Abreu
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
It's a good book, direct to the point but could have more content in some chapters. ...more
Leonardo
Apr 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great book for developers! Simple and effective tips. The only thing I missed was a little more depth to the habits. I feel like I just scratched the surface of the 14 habits.
Akshay S Dinesh
Jul 21, 2020 rated it liked it
The points in the book are definitely good. But I didn't gain much from the book. Perhaps because I'm a regular on hackernews. ...more
Tomasz Zieba
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book inspired me to do public speaking and teaching others.
Alex Bell
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great insight, lots of useful tips with real life experiences to back them.
Augusto Tijerina
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
Really basic, almost puerile. Reads like a blog post.
This one helps very young newbies only.
Jevgenij
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
If you are a fresh graduate, starting your career in IT - maybe this book will be useful. But there is nothing groundbreaking or even simply new for someone with lots of experience.
Ivan Santos
May 05, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
  • The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
  • The Coding Career Handbook. Guides, Principles, Strategies, and Tactics – from Code Newbie to Senior Dev
  • Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
  • Test-Driven Development: By Example
  • Head First Design Patterns
  • Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
  • Code Complete
  • Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
  • The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »