Start by marking “Polar Bear and the UFO” as Want to Read:
Polar Bear and the UFO

Polar Bear and the UFO

Polar Bear and the UFO begins in the frostiest reaches of the Arctic Circle where a frustrated polar bear is hunting late into the night. When a passing UFO offers a super interstellar cosmic buffet, Polar Bear and UFO embark on a far-out foraging journey through space.

Key Themes: Melting Arctic sea ice; changing animal behaviour; fictional space food and travel; longing
Published September 22nd 2020 by Idle Time Press

To ask other readers questions about Polar Bear and the UFO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polar Bear and the UFO

Start your review of Polar Bear and the UFO
Israel
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This book is so cute! Great rhyming, beautiful illustrations, and adorable polar bear you can root for! Just the right mix of silly and educational to make this book a total gem. With a twist ending to boot, this book will take you on quite the journey!

At the very beginning of the book we see a map of the arctic circle. I love this because some kids might not have seen the earth from this perspective. We continue to learn about the arctic circle by seeing who lived there.

Surprisingly, this boo
Mehsi
I received this book from the author in exchange of an honest review.

A cute story about a polar bear who is very hungry and who finds, instead of a seal, an UFO in his water hole. Yep, this is a book with a fun sci-fi twist!

The poor polar bear is hungry, it is getting harder for them to find food, but he keeps on looking at the hole in the ice. Hoping that he may just find something yummy instead of snow and water. I had such a giggle when he went into the water and found… an UFO, or I should sa
Camille Taboulot
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A few days ago, I got contacted by the author Cynthia Huijgens to review her very first illustrated children’s book. I got a free copy and today, I want to share with you my honest review about the book.

THE FORMAT OF THE BOOK.

It is a short children’s book, which I love as, in 2020, let’ be fair: most young children play video games more than they read. The fact that the book is short and fully illustrated makes it manageable for parents to convince their children to read it or to read it with t
Miranda
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Polar Bear and the UFO by Cynthia Huijgens Book Review

Summary:

Polar Bear is just doing what normal polar bears do, looking for some dinner. Specifically Polar Bear is looking for seals. But when Polar Bear sticks her head in a hole in the ice, she gets a little more than she bargained for when she meets a UFO.

Thoughts:

I was most captivated by the illustrations in this book - they were absolutely magical. They were soft and bright all at the same time. The illustrations made this a very peaceful
Enakshi J.
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Polar bears are one of the most adorable creatures (on the outside, of course) for the children. Knowing that polar bears cannot be seen very often, it comes as a pleasant surprise that this book tells the story of a polar bear who is hungry and that's why sleep eludes her.

It is funny how interesting stories can become when supernatural or uncanny elements are added to the plot. In this case, it is the UFO that will catch children's attention. The polar bear interacts with the species in the UFO
Gina R Mitchell
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Polar Bear and the UFO is a wonderfully imaginative story. My 4-year-old was mesmerized by the trip to space. He loved the illustrations and quickly discussed why there was popcorn, macaroni and candy on other planets.

The book stimulated another discussion about how a bearded seal looks like a walrus without tusks. Any book that encourages a child to ponder and question what they have read is a hit with me.

The plot is well-thought out and the cadence is perfect in this book. I recommend it to p
Stephanie (the nerdy princess)
I received a copy of this book from the author/ publisher in an exchange for an honest review

I was very excited when the author reached out to me to see if I wanted to review her new book.

I asked my 8 year old if he wanted to help read this to his younger sisters. They love polar bears.

A great story that keep the kids attention and giggle all at the same time.

The illustrations are great and beautifully drawn.

In this story we meet a polar bear on a search for his meal when he encounters a UFO
Sara
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
**I received an advanced review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.**

This book is an incredibly cute tale about a polar bear and her unlikely friend, a UFO, taking a trip through the stars. The rhythm of the story is great, along with some classic rhymes. I enjoyed the combination of silliness and educational aspects.

The illustrations are adorable and I enjoyed the detail put into each image. The writing and pictures compliment one another incredibly well.

This book would be

• Halloween Coloring and Activity Book The Underground Toy Society
  • The Beast and the Bethany
  • Strand: The Silver Radio
  • Copy Boy
  • Love at the Little Wedding Shop by the Sea (Little Wedding Shop by the Sea, #5)
  • Alexa’s a Spy and Other Things to Be Ticked off About: Humorous Essays on the Hassles of Our Time
  • Teddy Bear Tea
  • The First of Shadows (The Riven Realm #1)
  • Accidentally in Love