Start by marking “The Cowboy's Secret Baby (Colorado Dreamin', #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Secret Baby (Colorado Dreamin', #3)

The Cowboy's Secret Baby

(Colorado Dreamin' #3)

She's the maid of honor. He's the best man. Both are keeping secrets.

The long-requested sequel to Maddie James' first published novel, Roses & Rawhide is now available!Readers wanted to know...
What happened to Jillie and Mack's relationship at the end of Roses & Rawhide?
Why did Jillie go back to Kentucky?
Will they get back together?
What's their story?

"Nothing could fix the
Published August 25th 2020 by Sand Dune Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Secret Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Secret Baby

Start your review of The Cowboy's Secret Baby (Colorado Dreamin', #3)
patrick Lorelli
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-cowboys
This is the second book and though I did not read the first one the author does a good job in setting you up in the story. You are given all of the characters and the backstories. How they met with. Jill and Kim came to Colorado from Kentucky for a two-week vacation. Kim ended up staying and Jill went back home to Kentucky when Mack Montgomery who had started a two-week affair with Kim walks away from her and says things to her that hurt her.
Now months later Jill is marrying Thad and of course
Holly Doyal
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it

I had not read the first book in this series ("Roses & Rawhide"), so I quickly read it before starting "The Cowboy's Secret Baby". In the first book, Jillie & Mack fall madly in love and announce they are going to get married - even though they've only known each other for two weeks. But at the end of the book they go their separate ways without any explanations.

In the beginning of this second book, Jillie and Mack are reunited at the wedding of their best friends, Kim & Thad. It is ext
Anonymous 5
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading something by this author. This was an enjoyable read. The story was well-written and flowed nicely. The plot was interesting and had some plot twists and turns that made this an interesting and intriguing story. The characters were strong and well-developed. The author did a nice job of bringing this story to life with her vivid descriptions and well-developed scenes. I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more by this author.

I received a free copy o
Anne
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Cowboy's Secret Baby by Maddie James is a Colorado Dreamin' book, sequel to Rawhide and Roses. Jillie Abernathy was on vacation in Colorado, on a trail ride that she had coerced her best friend, Kim, into taking with her. It had worked, Kim had fallen in love. The problem was, so had Jillie, but Mack Montgomery wasn't the marrying kind so leaving, Kim with her fiancé in Colorado, Jillie took herself back to Colorado and her job as an English teacher. It was weeks later that she discovered sh ...more
Deanna Stevens
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story of Jillie Abernathy & Mack Montgomery. As the title indicates there is a secret baby, but that isn't the only secret in this book. Both characters are stubborn and headstrong. At times frustratingly so! I had not read the prior books in the series, but was able to follow along with the prior characters and story. The book was somewhat predictable, but I did enjoy the story!

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for my open, honest review.
Deb
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A complication of misunderstandings and secrets continues in this love story which started in the previous book. I hated how he left things in the previous book and though I thought she should tell him, I almost really didn’t want it to happen. I liked how the author took this couple on an emotional roller coaster ride. Good story
Barbara
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Colorado Dreamin' series and the long-requested sequel to Maddie James' first published novel, Roses & Rawhide. A well written story that kept me turning pages. This is Jillie Abernathy and Mack Montgomery's story that I enjoyed reading this story, I found it to be an emotional story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Sheila
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Jillie and Mack end their two week camping trip with friends Kim and Thad they part ways and not on good terms. They had spent two weeks sharing sleeping bags and much more then he breaks her heart by telling her it was just a fling and it is over. When their friends wedding comes around they are part of the wedding and have no choice but be in each others company. Jillie has a secret to share with Mack and he has one to share with her. What will happen will all secrets are out?
Ginny Rodenberg
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon
I loved catching up with Jillie and Mack. They were great in Thad and Kim's story. ...more
Barbie Pomales
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lucky this book can be read as a Stand-alone to get all the relationships. I really enjoyed the snappy dialogue but I loved the two characters Jillie and Mack. They dont have just sparks they are electric . They pop out the page.
Linda Freeman
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Entertaining story, awesome setting, likeable characters. The H needed to settle down and realize who and what he wanted. The h was no doormat. Interesting inter-play between these two until they both realized that only honestly would work. It did...HEA.
Julie
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2020
This is the long-awaited story of what really happened between Mack & Jillie! Communication is not the strong suit of either character. He is hiding behind a ranch hand lifestyle and afraid to admit his fears. She is stubborn and afraid of being rejected again. Relationships never really work when there are secrets, even with their chemistry. Their well-meaning friends realize they are good together, and she just has to meddle. Add in miscommunication, now we have the story.

Marcia
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read an ARC from NetGalley.com. I had not read Roses & Rawhide (but it is up next in my Kindle), so keep that in mind when reading my unbiased and voluntary review. This is the first book that I read by this author and read it easily as a stand alone, but now want to know what exactly happened on that pack trip that sparked two romances.

Jillie Abernathy and Mack Montgomery had only known each other for 2 weeks and believed that they were in love, so Mack pushing her away and telling her it was
Kathy
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to be given a copy of The Cowboy's Secret Baby to read. As I started to read I was immediately hooked in. The first chapter, I just ached for the way Mack treated Jillie. I like a good strong cowboy hero, and I liked how Mack was a responsible son and took charge when his father fell ill. However, I think he was a bit of a knucklehead when it came to dealing with Jillie and his feelings.

As I was reading this book, I started to have a Deja vu moment. I felt like I knew these charact
Jin
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Jillie and Mack had two weeks of scorching romance but it ended when Mack pushed Jillie away. It broke Jillie's heart and she wasn't expecting to see him again until her best friend called her for her wedding. She has a secret of her own but she wasn't ready to share with anyone.
Mack had secrets of his own. He may seem like cowboy in the outside, he is a billionaire oil tycoon. Last summer, he met Jillie and they shared two fantastic time together but he pushed her away and he knows he broke he
Ashley
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Barbara Tobey
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lots of secrets. Misconceptions and stubbornness get in the way of communication. When a simple conversation could clear up their situation, instead the words continued to be unspoken. Sweet and heartwarming story. Thank to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Clare
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is your typical romance. They fall in love, they fall out of love, they fall back in love again. I loved it. I hadn't read book one in the series but it didn't matter. It was a great standalone with a happy ever after. Could have done with a bit more editing but all in all a good read. ...more
Teresa
Melinda Merritt
Sep 01, 2020
claudia conte
Sep 01, 2020

• Runaway Cowgirl Bride: Clean & Wholesome Cowboy Romance (Triple J Ranch Book 3)
  • Faith of a Cowboy: Clean & Wholesome Cowboy Romance (Triple J Ranch Book 4)
  • Her Christmas Rodeo Cowboy: Clean & Wholesome Christmas Cowboy Romance (Big Sky Christmas Book 2)
  • Her Montana Christmas Cowboy: Clean & Wholesome Christmas Cowboy Romance (Big Sky Christmas Book 1)
  • Cowboy Blessings: Clean & Wholesome Cowboy Romance (Triple J Ranch Book 5)
  • Second Chance Ranch: Clean & Wholesome Cowboy Romance (Triple J Ranch Book 1)
  • One Night with a Cowboy (Silverado Lake, #2)
  • A Cowboy and his Skipped Christmas: An Adams Sisters Novel (Chestnut Ranch Romance, #8)
  • Kelsey: Ghost Mountain Ranch - Book 4
  • The Bravest of Them All
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • Good Girl (Wicked, #1)
  • My Cowboy's Second Chance Surprise (Billionaire Ranch Brothers #1)
  • The Cowboy's Quintuplet Surprise (Small Town Cowboys #1)
  • Body Check (Blades Hockey #4)
  • A Love Behind the Broken Mask
  • Catching Chase
  • Love Song (LA Rock Star Romance #2)
Voices in my head... Stories from the heart.

Get the news of my latest releases, giveaways, and more by signing up for my newsletter at https://www.maddiejames.net/p/newsletter...

The author of 50+ romantic novels, novellas, and short stories, Maddie James pens romance and suspense stories in contemporary and paranormal worlds. Her contemporary worlds often lean toward small towns and western setti

Colorado Dreamin' (3 books)
  • Roses & Rawhide  (Colorado Dreamin', #1)
  • Broken (Colorado Dreamin' #2)

News & Interviews

Summer is perfect for plenty of things: mojitos, sleeping with the window fan on, and sprawling out with a hot romance novel (in a heavily...