Start by marking “Heatwaves” as Want to Read:
Heatwaves

Heatwaves

Kindle Edition
Published July 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Heatwaves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heatwaves

Start your review of Heatwaves
Bree Hill
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is why I love romance novellas. Some authors do so much with such a short amount of time, and they work pure magic. That’s exactly what Kema B does with Summer Fling. If novellas aren’t your thing, then leave it be and find something else.

We follow Stacia in this one and she’s a ROMANCE AUTHOR, so basically a super hero in hot girl summer clothing. Her latest novel’s hero is based off a real life crush she’s had on this guy Drew. She sees him at the beginning of the book in the grocery stor
K. Giles
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sizzling

I love Stacia. Her personality was everything. Very outspoken and witty. I’m going to be bold like her one of these days and see if I can get someone to fall in like with me! Lol
Jorie B
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There’s nothing like a feel good novella that epitomizes good things come in small packages!!!!! Heatwaves was 64 pages of laughter and intrigue all wrapped up with a nice summer storm that cooled more than the 100* degree temps. From their initial encounters at the grocery store to a chance maintenance meeting these characters will have you laughing and clutching the literal pearls around your neck. Definitely a quick, fun read that doesn’t disappoint. Looking forward to seeing more from Ms Kem ...more
Annette Williams
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heatwaves was a cute novella. It was funny and sexy. The title is fitting because, Stacia and Drew definitely brought the heat. This was my first book by Kema B. and I look forward to reading more from her.
sil ♡ the book voyagers
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a short story so take that in mind. If you don't like reading short novels, do not pick it up! You won't get a lot of details, a lot of story from the characters. What you will get it's a sexy story between two people who can have a future together!!!

Heatwaves is a summer romance novella that will bring that HEAT AND THAT POWER and make you fall in love with it. When Stacia's AC breaks in the middle of a heatwave, things are not looking good. She's an erotic writer who needs to work on h
Qiana Groves
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
The title of this book was so fitting, it was definitely heat waves in this story, literally and figuratively. Heat Wave is a story centered around a woman named Stacia. I wasn't sure if I wanted to empathize, love or hate his character. Sis was definitely funny, but she was nothing short of a handful.

The story starts off with Stacia wanting to shoot her shot at this fine man in the grocery store, but things don't go as Stacia plans. "Yuh nah my type. Bless up." I legit felt second-hand embarra
Bella
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had such a good time reading this story. It didn’t lack in bringing the laughs AT ALL! Our main character Stacia’s has been eying Drew at the grocery store for months. Just when she gets ready to shoot her shot, she embarrasses herself in front of him. Little does Stacia know, Drew has been also eyeing her . However, being on the receiving end of her foul attitude changes his mind about pursuing her. At the same time, a massive heatwave hits the Miami area and brings Stacia & Drew and their in ...more
Msgonzo10
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sizzling hot!

Stacia was a friend in my head and her chemistry with Drew jumped off the page! Loved the verbal foreplay - Stacia was gonna get her prize honey! This was sexy and funny and left me with 😍😍! This was an excellent first novella and Kema has only gotten better (I read her stuff out of order LOL)
Jordyn
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute sexy cool

This was a cute little novella. It’s really short but it was full of comedy and it def brought the heat. The title was very fitting to the story and was a quick little story I needed.
M Curl
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was my first title by Kema B., and she is such a gifted writer. I literally laughed out loud at the hilarious and realistic thoughts of Stacia and Drew - who later had me clutching my pearls. Whew.

This is a novella, and Kema B. is able to develop the characters' backstories in a clear and succinct manner, prompting the reader to become interested in what happens to them. The tension built between them is palpable and Kema shows out when the fireworks begin. Once I picked it up, I couldn't p
Toya  Davis-Stokley
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Heat! 🔥

Stacia was hilarious! That mouth of her just wouldn't stop! Her opportunity to finally speak to the sexy stranger, she had been eyeing for months, ended in an orange avalanche in the grocery store. That scene almost took me out! 😂. The back and forth with her and the stranger, known as Drew, was 🔥 from the beginning. Then to find out she needed him when her air went out, I knew it was going down! The lengths she went through to get his attention, after she had been rude as hell to him
Laina
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heatwaves: A Summer Fling by Kema B⁠
This book had me laughing from the very beginning. It was funny but so relatable. Stacia couldn’t stay out of Whole Foods because she saw something she just had to have, but when it was time to make her move, she completely embarrassed herself. Drew saw Stacia and wanted to get to know her, but when she spoke and was rude, it turned him completely off. A heatwave came through Miami and brought these two together. The connection these two had with each other wa
ReadnliftwithShar
🔥

This was a short story that captured my attention from the beginning. Stacia was practically stalking Drew-there’s no other way to describe the beginning. I found it lighthearted and super adorable. However, poor Stacia did not have the outcome she expected when Drew told her she wasn’t his type. I hollered at that part. Lol. I really liked this one. I liked Stacia’s character, she was literally ready and willing to risk it all for one night with Drew. Drew seemed to be in his own little Jamaic
Victoria Parkins
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god, I’m so sad this book is over!!!!! It was so good. And the narration was hilarious and so entertaining. I really loved the ending.

My only gripe as a Jamaican myself is when the author said that the character left Jamaica straight from primary school to go to America for college.... Primary school is before high school, you’re like 11/12 years old when you finish primary school so that part just tripped me up.

Other than that such a nice perfect novella!!!! I hope we get some kind of sur
Shay Davis
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a bold bih that knows what she wants!

Good gracious Lawd almighty this was hotttt! Stacia and Drew lit them pages ablaze! I didn’t want it to end! The power of the 😸 is a mighty thing and Stacia took it into her own hands and took what she wanted! This was perfect! Now on to Simone in Heatstrokes! Let me get the liners ready cause Kema about to have me all the way turned on... I know it!! Great job Kema B!!
martha fountain
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kema B is on my list as one of the authors to follow

Kema B. does it again! She gives us the strong diva and the book bae of our fantasies. Drew was all that and Stacia gave us so much energy with her "reckless" mouth. I enjoyed this novella and did not feel that I missed anything in this read. Loved this fiery read. Definitely a heatwave worth having.
J.
DREEWWWWWW *swoons*

Lissttteeennn I ain't saying that Stacia wasn't crazy for doing all she did because I was RIGHT behind her!
Stacia was a bit much, but I loved her crazy behind.
Her retorts and come backs were hilarious.
Drew definitely had what she needed and then some.
He SCREAMED BDE!
Watching their story unfold was just what I needed and fit the season perfectly!
Monae Nicole
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heatwaves 🔥🌊

This story was sexy and hot. Stacia was funny and the part with the oranges in the grocery store had me dying. The chemistry between the two of them couldn’t be denied. This gave me all the summer time feels and now I’m ready for a trip to Jamaica to see if I can find me a Drew. Great job!
Shaunrick McGee
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a short story that got straight to the point! This story had me laughing out loud and cheering the characters on at the same time. Drew came through and calmed Stacia's behind right on down. The grocery store scene was hilarious but when ol girl saw Drew weeks later on her doorstep baby luv was done! This was a perfect read for these summer nights! ...more
Daphne
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hot

Stacia was a firecracker who knew what she wanted the moment she saw Drew, and she didn't handle rejection well. Drew didn't have any problems putting her in her place. Their encounters were hilarious, from the grocery store to handling a heatwave with a broken a.c. Drew put Stacia's fire out in more ways than one.
Sassha Reads❤️❤️
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Summer Heat

I laughed so hard at the incident that happened at the grocery store. Drew ended up being Stacia saving cool air grace and she found ways to grab his attention while he completed the task. I like the fact that Drew is an Alpha male and the way her handled Stacia in all aspects.
Nicole Moon
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars

This was fun, super chill & really quick to get through. I love novellas but it was a little bit too short for me so there wasn't much space to develop the romance so if you don't like short things then it's probably not for you. But it was really fun and easy to read so it was everything I needed at the moment.
Stacey Roberts
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short and sexy!

This was too short, I needed more of Drew and Stacia! Very sexy story with a side of attitude and I loved it! I understood Drew's reservations about Stacia because of that nasty mouth lol, but I'm glad they made their way to each other! I really enjoyed this novella...
Monica Walters
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG

I loved this book so much and I hate that it took me so long to get to it! Everything about it was great. The comedy was so on point, I found myself chuckling. Stacia was hilarious. But Drew and his BDE was the truth! When I flipped to the next page and saw epilogue, I was like, WHAT? It was that great of a read. Awesome work, Kema B.! ❤️
Chandra Shinholster
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fantasy to reality

This was a quick little read about a crush and fantasy turned reality. It takes you on the journey of a lot of I want you but this is that. Finally the fireworks and then aTtacks pulls back. I was like WTF this is your dream guy but she quickly comes to her senses.
Latasha Gregory
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heatwaves is right!!🥵🥵

Stacia’s been seeking him out and wanted him, but Drew gave her a rude awakening that she wasn’t expecting. This was a great quick read about two individuals that may have chemistry if they can get out of their heads.. check out Stacia and Drew’s story you won’t be disappointed.
Chassilyn Hamilton
I need a towel!

Baby, this book is hot just like the title alludes. I had fun with this read. The book is current and relatable. The main character felt like one of my homegirls. It ended on such a satisfied note 🤭. One that I will read again for sure. I’m starting Heatstrokes next! Eeeowwww!
Mica Robinson
Hot!

Stacia and Drew (swoons and fans) Just hot! From falling in the grocery store exposing all her goodies, to the popsicle scene these two were just hotter than summers in Florida. Great book and I'm looking forward to reading more from Kema B.
Ernyka Blanson
Sassy and Sexy

Drew Baby Drew , I think my air conditioner just broke. This author did a great job of keeping me entertained . Stacia was something else and this book brought right amount of sexy and sassy . I definitely want more!!!
Keta Denise
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heat Wave indeed!

Whew chile. Kema definitely heated up the pages with the story of Stacia and Drew. I was captivated from the very beginning. Stacias personality was so fun and Drew is definite book bae material. This was a fun quick read.

• Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • Summer Daze: A Summer Novella
  • BigDickEnergy.Com: Adventures In Online Dating (BDE.Com Series Book 1)
  • Sanctuary: A Noire Immortals Story
  • Fall Knee-Deep In It
  • The Corner of Olive and Oak
  • Suck Me Slow
  • Saving Sunflower (The Sun)
  • Maybe This Time (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • Edible Arrangements
  • Whoa. (Oops!, #1.5)
  • Fans Only
  • Truth or Dare
  • W.I.P: Work In Progress
  • It's The Chase For Me: A Heights Story (Heights Stories)
  • Our Reckless Hope
  • Unwrapping Your Love
Kema B. is an eighties baby, wife, and mother to the most special boy in the whole world. She is a lover of music and an avid reader of many genres from fantasy to urban fiction and of course romance. A hopeless romantic at heart, she began writing her own love stories as a young girl and continued through adulthood. Creating black love that checks every box, she makes it her mission as an indie a ...more

News & Interviews