Start by marking “Witch Unexpected (The Thirteenth Sign #1)” as Want to Read:
Witch Unexpected (The Thirteenth Sign #1)

Witch Unexpected

(The Thirteenth Sign #1)

An ancient war, a tenuous truce, a delicate balance.

Sounds ominous right?

It is.

The tri-pack collective has existed for centuries—three dire wolf packs bound to the most powerful coven in the world through a single witch born under the thirteenth sign of the zodiac.

Through this covenant they keep an ancient threat unlike any other at bay.

At the next blood moon, I’ll be that
Kindle Edition
Published December 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Witch Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Unexpected

Start your review of Witch Unexpected (The Thirteenth Sign #1)
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Debbie Cassidy has definitely mastered the act of writing long books about nothing and when you decide to be done with the book then some manufactured drama happens which leaves you curious about the next book and even though you KNOW nothing will happen in the next book except a repeat of book one you still get suckered into getting book two and on and on it goes until you've read the entire series about nothing.

I know this because almost all her books follow this trend, a boring 90% and then a
Debbie Cassidy
Nov 08, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amara
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cora's first book! I love it! I only wish that there was more Jasper in it. I can't help but love his smug arse.

This book is the first book of the new series about Fee's best friend Cora and her coming into her own. I have been so excited for this series... and not just because of Jasper! I promise lol.

I love the storyline and how the new characters were all introduced. The wolves are all amazing. I'm looking forward to getting to know them all better.

Definitely recommend this series to anyon
Mona  Brown
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely loved Cora from the very first, and now that she has her own services? I can't tell you how excited I am.
In true Debbie Cassidy fashion, you will be pulled into this story and will not be able to stop reading it. And the twists and turns she throws at you? Damn, just sit back and enjoy the show because believe me, you won't see all of this coming for you.
Heather Gilbert
Can I squee? Would you mind? Forgive the fan-girling going on over here, but OH MY GOD! I loved EVERYTHING about this! Cora, who we first saw and fell in love with in the Deadside Reapers Series, is taking a turn as the FMC, and she is just as snarky and not quite perfect as she was in that complex and moving saga.

Here, the plot is a bit more condensed (so far?) centering around the Grimswood Coven and an ancient pact they set to save the world. Ok, record screech - let me back up a moment. This
Katie Hoffman
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow that was a heck of a story. I was so excited that Cora got her own series. Like jumping up for joy kind of excitement. This book so didn’t disappoint me at all. Wow. Love the characters Jasper is still a favorite of mine. Entire storyline was phenomenal!!! Oh but that ending..... come on!!! Darn cliffhanger!!!! Seriously if you haven’t read any of Debbie Cassidy books you need to start ASAP. Definitely read this one!!! Can’t wait to read the next one!!!
Andrea Green
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cora was Fee's side kick in Deas Side Reapers, literally created from her essence and housing her Witch essence and power. She was an important part of Fee's world but needed to find herself to grow as a person.
This book is set some time after the reapers series ended and has some amazing new characters and although Cora is the main focus i think Wren is the star of the show - i definately need a Wren in my life although i may not be able to afford the food bill.
Jasper is a delicious as ever bu
Patricia
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I learned that Cora was going to get a book of her own, I was so excited. This book did not disappoint me. Something about Cora's personality just tunes with my own, she is so sassy and upbeat! In this book, we get to explore the world with Cora as she teams up with her own set of allies and lovers. And Jasper... what can I say about Jasper... he is the bad boy you hate to love. :P

Highly recommend you delve into this series!!
TipseyBookReviews
I really liked Cora. She’s blunt, a fighter, and has a good heart. Wren is awesome. The guys are interesting. I kind of want Jasper in the group, and I can’t wait to see how they change/break the rules Cora has as an anchor. I will definitely be checking out the next book :)
Mariah Vollmer
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for Coras story and i was NOT disappointed!!! Soo good. I love Cora and how she is trying to find out her own path. This will definitely be an interesting story. So many twists and turns. That cliff hanger hurt but I’m excited for the next one
Lisa  Lyle
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I knew cora was totally worth her own story and boy i wasn't wrong this girl as it all, what a fantastic start to a epic new series and I kinda secretly think jasper is cool shhhh coras life is never dull and I loved read this book and learning about her can't wait to read more ...more
Natalia
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2,5
The pace is awkward... The h lusts for most of the masculine characters... The story is predictable.

It will be RH! Not my cup...
Tara Syrnyk
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Cora’s first book on her own and I am here for it! I’ve always liked Cora in Fee’s books and I was really excited to dig in and learn more about Cora. There never is a dull moment in her life that's for sure! Cora has barely started to discover herself when she is pulled into the coven’s drama and it never really slows down. While we don’t see as much of Jasper as I thought we would, we do get to see more feelings and emotions from him which I really enjoyed . We meet the Tri-pack’s alph ...more
Tanya Courtney
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely phenomenal start to the new series, desperately waiting for the next one.

So we got to know Cora as a secondary character in the reaper series, so we already know she's feisty, somewhat fearless, lacks a filter on occasion and is loyal to a fault. I can't wait for her to grow in confidence and find herself and her happiness and a new family of her own.

Well no idea who is going to be in her harem yet but there are plenty of contenders, all of which I cannot wait to get to know better as
Penny
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of this author, and I love when she starts a new series especially when the protagonist is the side character in another series. I have loved Cora since the beginning and was happy to see she’d get her own series. This series-starter surpassed my expectations! Cora is such a kick-butt character, and she really shows her independence in this one. Not only that, I kinda felt sorry for Jasper, a feeling I never thought I’d attribute to him! LOL! There was even a huge surprise at the ...more
Missy Brown
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been wanting this book since I first read about Cora. Which if you are a die hard fan of Debbies like I am, you know exactly who I am talking about. She was Fee's side kick and if you read that series you know that Fee made Cora from herself. This series was the Deadside Reapers series. She is Fee's best friend and helped her so much, now she gets her own series. She gets her own sidekicks and her own men.

As always Debbie has written a world that just sucks you in and does not let go. The
Renee
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Cora's story since the first Reaper book. She is such a sassy tough chick but with such a gooey inside you can't help but love her. Cora suffers from sidekick syndrome (it's a real thing) and has to learn how to love herself and find her own self worth. We find out slowly what her new life will involve and I don't know how this will work and quite frankly I hope she grabs this new life by the horns and makes it cry uncle. Lots of twists and turns and the cutest new charac ...more
Jennifer Soppe
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A roller coaster ride of emotions

Cora, a tulpa witch, has fought to find her place in the world of supernatural beings now that her best friend and creator, Fee, has finally found her happy ending. As the story progresses tragedy strikes, choices are taken away, and forcing out the culprit is not as easy as it sounds. Debbi Cassidy’s Witch Unexpected takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I enjoyed getting to know Cora better and seeing her find her footing a little steadier as t
Amanda Gibson
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You had me at this book is about Cora! Even if you haven’t read the reaper series yet (which btw you definitely should!) you can still enjoy this one. Even as a spinoff from the other series, we get some fresh world development and characters. One of the things I loved the most was the Easter eggs the author sprinkled in, but I have to say WREN is EVERYTHING!! I can’t imagine this book without him.
The dynamic between Cora and her guys is so amazing, and I'm excited to see how things are going t
Naurarwen
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been stupidly excited for Cora's book since it was announced by the author that she was going to get her own series. Cora is definitely one of my favourite characters from the Deadside Reapers series.

I also sorta love Jasper, but also hate him at the same time. He definitely has his moments and I still haven't managed to work him out just yet. I really enjoyed the introduction of new characters in this series as well as getting to know some characters we have met in the Deadside Reapers ser
Debbie Eyre
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn’t like a good Urban Fantasy Romance filled with witches, shifters, warlocks, Gargoyles, Ghosts and Vampires? Well I love them and I am eager to follow Cora on her journey finally in her own series!! It’s fast paced , has a highly addictive storyline, fantastic characters , twists and turns, surprises, betrayal, friendship, a whole mixture of emotions and a few laughs along the way! The author has a way with words that just draws you in and you find yourself in this incredible world tha ...more
Denise H
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun new series set in the same world as Cassidy’s Deadside Reapers. We get more Cora and Jasper and a lot of exciting new characters as Cora branches out on her own to find her place in the world. There are covens, Fae, gargoyles, vampires, dire wolves, and a variety of new creatures to keep you entertained. Little Wren is absolutely adorable!! This book is also full of twists and turns and surprises right to the end and the cliffhanger will definitely leave you wanting more.
Amber
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew that Cora was main character material that deserved to have her story told and boy did this book deliver. She faced crazy times with Fee but now she is standing on her own, facing new threats and making new "friends". If book one is any indication then she is in for a crazy wild ride that will be a great joy to read. I must have more Wren in the up coming books! Every time he is in the story I keep picturing Gizmo from The Gremlins. So cute!!! ...more
Sabrina
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Cora! I loved her in the Reaper series and I love her even more!

She is finally breaking away from Fee and trying to find out who she is and what she wants. She finally had a little solution to her pest problem (Jasper) but how long will it last? Is there more there than just a deal?

Then comes Elijah Black and the whole anchor issue. Can she keep the hunky wolves in friend zone...read to find out!!

So ready for Book 2 of Cora's journey!
Michalle
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It makes me so happy that Cora gets her own series. She is such a snarky, bad-a$$. I love her character! The first book was amazing! It was action packed, steamy and there’s even a mystery to solve. Cora is still in conflict with Jasper and now she has three dire wolves to contend with. It will be very interesting to see how little time it takes her to leave the friend zone with the wolves. The end was a stupendous cliffhanger and I can’t wait for the next book. I need it now!

I received an ARC o
Tonya Jacobs
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another stellar series by Debbie Cassidy

We were introduced to this world and handful of the primary characters in Ms. Cassidy's "Reaper" series, but you do not have to be familiar with that to engage and enjoy Witch Unexpected. Cora has an opportunity to branch out on her own and finally discover who she is outside of being Fee's best friend. Suddenly Cora has big, life changing decisions to make. Are the sacrifices worth it? Great series starter!
Teresa Plum
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cora's story did not disappoint. Bramble brings a fierceness any new best friend would be lucky to have. The men in Cora's life are just one complication after another. The introduction to their story proves exciting and the anticipation to see what happens next is severe. I can't wait to see what else Wren can do and how he continues to surprise everyone. Looking forward to the next book and growth of Cora as a character within this world. ...more
Jenn
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book I have read of Debbie Cassidy’s work so far! I love Cora’s story! What a strong woman to give up everything to save basically everyone! There are many who would let the world burn, but not Cora! Her men are great as well though they aren’t as prevalent in this story as I am assuming they are going to be in the next ones. This book was a great introductory to the series and I can’t wait to read the next one! Amazing job on this one Debbie!
Retta Holmes
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic book! I could believe it! She totally blew me away! I couldn’t put it down last night! I knew I was going to live Cora, but wow this was totally unexpected, just like the title!! Love, love loved it! So much drama and action and the guys, not what I expected at all! Can’t wait to see how this goes!! Oh Leif was adorable, I’m a total fan of that boy!!
Ayleah
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cheese on a cracker! This was some superb story telling. Cora was one of my favorites from Fee’s story and I was super excited about reading her story. It definitely didn’t disappoint! She kicks some serious butt and even gains a few new friends! Also WREN 😍! Can’t wait to see what happens next!

• Hell in a Handbasket (Sin Demons #2)
  • Hell Bent (Razing Hell, #5)
  • Blood Taken (Blood Mafia, #2)
  • Night Kissed (Chosen Vampire Slayer, #1)
  • Unchained Magic: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (Her Demon Lovers Book 2)
  • Van Helsing Rising (Immortal Hunters MC #1)
  • Her Dark Moon
  • Blood Owed (Blood Mafia, #1)
  • Wolf Girl (Wolf Girl, #1)
  • Playing with Hellfire (Sin Demons #1)
  • Accidentally Married to a Demon
  • Spin the Shadows (Dark and Wicked Fae #1)
  • Fallen Queen (Lost Fae, #2)
  • Secret Monsters: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (Her Demon Lovers Book 1)
  • Wolf Forgotten (Arbor Falls, #1)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • Hectic (Arcane Mage, #2)
  • Witch Chosen (The Order of the Cursed,#1)
Debbie Cassidy lives in England, Bedfordshire, with her three kids and very supportive husband. Coffee and chocolate biscuits are her writing fuels of choice, and she is still working on getting that perfect tower of solitude built in her back garden. Obsessed with building new worlds and reading about them, she spends her spare time daydreaming and conversing with the characters in her head – in ...more

The Thirteenth Sign (2 books)
  • Witch Undecided (The Thirteenth Sign #2)

News & Interviews