Start by marking “Talk Derby to Me” as Want to Read:
Talk Derby to Me

Talk Derby to Me

High school newspaper editor-in-chief, Evan Maldonado, is right on track for college next year and pursuing his dream of being a journalist. To put the finishing touch on his college applications, he’s taking an intern position with a well-known newspaper where he’ll receive a letter of recommendation from the editor. There’s just one little problem: the business intern sp ...more
ebook
Published 2020

To ask other readers questions about Talk Derby to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk Derby to Me

Start your review of Talk Derby to Me
Regina
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I love derby,” I reply, slipping on my shoe. “It’s probably the only thing that loves me back.”
***
Ah, Mari... It took me a little to warm up to this prickly and unconventional heroine, though my heart was breaking for her (and her Mom).
Seeing Evan slowly work his way behind those walls Mari has built up to protect herself was equally excrutiatig, endearing, and - at times - quite hilarious. Though, to be honest, Evan's grand-gesture speech made me tear up.
Kudos for Albie, who had the BFF par
S B
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked it

Though, it lacked depth.

Mari was extremely hard to like at first. She was very closed off and rude. She had her reasons, but still.

Evan was sweet, if not a little clueless. He was definitely wrapped in his own bubble, prepping for his future. And while he isn't wrong to do that, he also spread himself too thin. A life lesson he'll need to manage.

Mari was hot and cold pretty much the entire time. But she's been through some nasty stuff and is just guarding her heart.

The thing is... I
Tandy Oschadleus
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC to review: RH delivers a high-quality YA romance yet again! Through the narration and the characters, the reader learns all about the unique, little-known sport of roller-derby. The usual stereotypes are present: the wierd chick, the jock, the braniac and the bubbly gal ... their interactions, drama, love lives and YA challenges are relatable and cover the range of deeply emotional to smirkily funny. A great read for young adults or those young at heart!

Profanity/Blasphemy - ye
Stephanie
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dual-povs
Vedika Sheth
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

This was an amazing story. It was heartfelt and sincere. The characters were amazing. While I do wish there was a bit more background on Evan, it was still an exceptional story. It flowed continuously with no pauses in the middle. Mari was such a real character who had flaws and made mistakes but overcame them. Evan was a bit annoying at times but I understood that he didn’t understand Mari. They were a great teen couple who overcame all the obstacles in their way.

I wrote th
Khadejah R.
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A different kind of YA

I really didn’t know what to expect from a book dealing with Roller Derby. Honestly, I don’t know much about the sport itself, but the author was very descriptive and painted a great mental picture for his readers. This love story is a typical opposites attract trope and lent well to the theme. It was a nice read.
NanaShauna Joesten
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read that grabs you from the first page to the last. Its a fast past read with epic scenes, the scenes are written so well that I can picture them in my minds eye. This is a real page turner with twists and turns that keeps you enthralled with this read. I definitely recommend this captivating read. Its a must read.
Shauna Joesten
Daydream.book.bliss
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love that this was about roller derby! I’ve always been interested in it but there’s no fiction romances about it. I enjoyed this book & thought it was very different & fun!
Me
Rachel Griesmer
Gabbi
Alan Saxon
Aug 03, 2020

• The Perfect Play (Rosemont High Baseball #1)
  • The Square Root of Falling (Brazos High Romance #1)
  • Stuck with You
  • My Brother's Best Friend (Sweet Mountain High #5)
  • Leo (Preston Brothers #3)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Playing to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys #2)
  • Playing The Field (The Trouble with Tomboys #3)
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • Come Back to Me (Come Back to Me, #1)
  • Collision (Collision #1)
  • Avoidance (Collision #2)
  • What's Left of Me
  • It Had to Be You
  • This Time It's Different (Bayview High Book 6)
  • Kissing the Shy Guy (The Dangers of Dating a Diva, #4)
  • Meet Me There (Ridgewater High #1)
  • Tomboy Crazy for My Brother's Best Friend (Tomboys Like Us Book 2)
RH Tucker writes cute & edgy YA romance, and drinks too much caffeine.

I’m a firm believer that Rocky Road is the absolute best flavor of ice cream in the world, although if I must, I will settle for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

You can sign up for my newsletter and get the FREE short story, One of a Kind, at:

You can also find me on instagram at: instagram.co

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...