Start by marking “School and Rock (Arizona Raptors, #5)” as Want to Read:
School and Rock (Arizona Raptors, #5)

School and Rock

(Arizona Raptors #5)

When Colorado Penn finds an unexpected package on his front step, his life will be changed forever.

Colorado Penn is living the dream. Starting goalie for the Arizona Raptors when in season, lead singer for a hard rock band when summer rolls around. He’s the quintessential free spirit who’s making sure he enjoys all the carnal blessings of his athleticism, and gritty singin
ebook
Published October 16th 2020 by Love Lane Books Limited

To ask other readers questions about School and Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about School and Rock

Start your review of School and Rock (Arizona Raptors, #5)
Cadiva
Shelves: favorites
This book was nothing like I was expecting at all and my reading experience was made even better by it.

When I knew this was going to be Colorado's story, I was excited to see where RJ and Vicki would take him, especially with the unexpected baby on the doorstep plotline.

I'd been expecting some utterly feckless, uncaring self-proclaimed 'manwhore' and instead I got someone so radically opposite that.

Someone whose heart was as big as the sky which Joseph was so fascinated by. Someone whose capaci
R.J.
Jul 06, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
OUT NOW - Colorado, the manny, and the surprise baby!

BUY HERE - School & Rock
Jodi
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is my favorite in the Raptor series.

Seeing Colorado change throughout the series has been fun - he’s still crazy as ever(GOALIE).

When a baby is dropped off on his doorstep Colorado has to face facts and make changes in his life. He hires a nanny who ends up being Manny Joseph who had just lost his job and is trying to figure out how to pay for college and help is sister and niece out.

When Joseph first arrives he’s convinced Colorado is in a gang and threatens to take the baby
Joyfully Jay
Oct 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

School and Rock is a part of the Arizona Raptors series and while this particular installment doesn’t rely heavily on having knowledge of the prior books, reading the rest of the series will probably make things easier. Having read all of the Raptors books thus far and its sister series, the Harrisburg Railers, I have to say that School and Rock is one of the weaker entries.

The overall story seemed rushed and almost haphazard in its delivery. There just wasn’t mu
R
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, series, sports
Joseph is trying to finish school and take care of his sister and niece.

Colorado is all about partying, his rock band, and hockey. Then he finds a tiny bundle on his doorstep with a note saying “she’s yours”. Suddenly his priorities shift, and Maddie becomes his everything, well, her and her manny Joe.

I have loved all the Raptors. However, Joe and Colorado were special. I liked how the author turned the good time man into a loving and caring father. Not out of obligation, but for pure love. The
LeeAnn
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure where to begin or what to say. I don't want to spoil any of this for the reader. Anything I want to say will give away great parts and what fun would that be?
So , in that light I will only say this.....this story is full of fun and sexy times. It also has a few shocking things happen, sad things and has some great snarky dialogue.
It was great seeing some of the guys from previous books, as always.
I am loving Maddie, Simon, Natalie ,Emma , Colorado's grandma of course Joe and Col
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Damn, once again RJ Scott and VL Locey impress the hell out of me. With School and Rock, I was hooked immediately. The fifth book in the Arizona Raptors series, it is fantastic!

Colorado's a hockey player and a the member of a rock band, who suddenly finds himself with a baby left on his doorstep. After reading about his man-whoring ways and crazy behavior throughout the series, I was floored with the Colorado we get now.

Omg, I had no clue how much I would fall in love with Colorado. I was total
ButtonsMom2003
Shelves: blog
This is such a good series!

I've said it before but I'll say it again – I am not a sports fan but I do love reading sports themed romance books. The hockey books written by RJ Scott and V.L. Locey are among my favorites. We met Colorado Penn in earlier books from this series. He's been a bit of a wild guy character but that's all about to change.

After a night of sexy shenanigans and a wild party at this house, Colorado is shocked to discover an infant on his doorstep. He doesn't know it quite yet
Edga
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet romance- a slow burner that gradually builds the passion and chemistry between the two characters until you are at bursting point wanting them to come together. Lots of love, humour and some drama thrown in, made this an easy and enjoyable romance read; great for cuddling up and reading in the cold weather.

Colarado and Joseph were the perfect example of opposites attract. They complimented each other perfectly. Colarado had this kind, gentle, sweet side to him, which I'd not exp
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I’ve been waiting for Colorado’s story since he first joined the Raptors and his book is well worth the wait. Colorado’s new nanny, Joseph, is the stabilising influence he never knew he needed and the two men balance each other beautifully.

Anyone who loved Owen Wilson’s Hansel in Zoolander will love Colorado. Colorado might be a whole lot more intelligent than Hansel but he has a similar alternative lifestyle, the same innocent
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Oh this is such a fun book - and whilst I do believe that you could enjoy it as a stand-alone, it was incredibly rich as the next book in the series. I had to award it five stars, because it just was such an engaging, amusing and romantic read - from a fairly unlikely source ... (one time) emu owning, free loving Colorado!

We start with a scene which I have to admit had me envisioning a situation much like one seen on Lu
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

This is the fifth story in the Arizona Raptors series, and I do suggest you read the previous stories, this way you are not wondering who all these crazy characters are and where they fit in. Now, since we first met Colorado in the first story we have seen all his crazy antics. On the morning of one of his legendary parties, he gets a surprise left on his door step. Now Colorado is scrambling to get his party life behind and make a stable life for the baby girl he nev
Veronica
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Colorado and Joseph are complete opposites. Colorado is a professional hockey player and the leader singer of a metal band and a free spirit. Joseph is a science nerd studying astronomy while taking care of his sister and niece. The scene where the guys meet for the first time is so fabulous and fun. There were several scenes in this book that had me chuckling and this was one of them.

This story has lots of good elements inc
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Rocker and hockey goalie Colorado has lived his life my his own rules. He has enjoyed various men and woman while keeping his bad boy persona. But when a little surprise bundle is left as his front door, his responsibilities change in a heartbeat. With the help of scientist/manny Joseph, who has his own family troubles, Colorado navigates his way to becoming the best dad he can be while juggling his music and ice time. When tragedy strikes will Joseph and Colorado accept that their feelings are ...more
Shelley
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a joy to read. Without giving anything away I want to say I was a bit startled at how the first chapter began. I though oh! oh! where are these two taking this book but it soon became clear.

This is a book about how opposites attract and you couldn’t find two more opposite men then Colorado and Joseph. Colorado is a free spirit sexy rock star/goalie who meets Joseph the adorkable stargazing nerd and what follows is a slow burn romance full of great characters, dialogue, humour, family and s
Anabela.M.
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of these authors since forever and I followed this series since the first book. While I enjoyed the other installments immensely, School and Rock was just so much more...more family, more fun, more love...

I simply adored Colorado and Joseph the minute they hit the pages. And Maddie - such a cutie pie. Ok, the adults had a complicated relationship, with lots of this isn't the right time, we shouldn't, we couldn't. But they were so wonderful together, sweet and tender. They took th
Cynthia Osborne
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read. All the characters had quirks that made me smile. Colorado had a life of over the top for everything . So his life took a quick left turn when a bundle of Maddie came and made him think of more than himself. Joseph has a family with his sister and her daughter but he has dreams for himself. Together they will find a balance in each other that will make them prefect.

I did receive an Arc for a review .
Kathy Johnson
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in the Arizona Raptors Series. I have really loved this series. I love how the authors bring their characters to life. The characters were well developed and having seen Colorado’s antics in the previous books in this series, I must say I was surprised at how his story ended. I loved it. The pace was great and it was hard to put down. Another great hockey story by these authors.
Elayne
Shelves: arc-books
This is an atypical Jock falls for Nerd story. A feel good story with little conflict, a lot of exciting hockey and a delicious, fulfilling slow burn romance. It has kids. Colorado and Joseph make my heart happy, they just mesh from the start. Simon and Natalie are great additions, and I want to be Alchemy when I grow up!
I know too many 5⭐️ reviews are supposed to be a bad thing, but ⭐️‘s where they’re due!
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
3.5

What a wild crazy ride. Two men facing incredible life changing moments, find a way to move through them together. Who would have thought a hockey playing rock star and a space loving equation solving nanny could work. But it did. One brought order the other brought fun and it was great. This was a quick paced book to be aware of that. I do wish we could have dived deeper into both characters and I wish it was so quick, I have some remaining questions but good book overall
Laurel Looney
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting on Colorado’s story and it was soooo worth the wait. Joseph was such a science geek, loyal to his family and loved Maddie. So you knew when the hockey/rockstar, good hearted, family oriented Colorado meet Joseph that sparks was going to fly. So an amazing story. Loved it. This is my favorite one from this series.
WycEd Reader

Check out our full post for SCHOOL AND ROCK on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆☆
Oh, this is such a fun book – and whilst I do believe that you could enjoy it as a stand-alone, it was incredibly rich as the next book in the series. I had to award it five stars because it just was such an engaging, amusing, and romantic read – from a fairly unlikely source... (one time) emu-owning, free-loving Colorado!

We start with a scene which I have to admit had me envisionin
Catherine
This book felt juvenile (both in terms of the characters and in terms of the writing).

Penn is a hippie AND a rock star god AND a man whore AND an incredible hockey player?! Blech.

It's books like these that make me want to shake authors and yell, "What the hell is wrong with a realistic MC?!"

I'm gonna have to nope outta this author duo in the future.
Shee Reader
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
School & Rock (Raptors book 5) by RJ Scott & VL Locey

Reviewed by Shee Reader for Boy Meets Boy Reviews

Find us on the web at WWW.BoyMeetsBoyReviews.com

Rating: 5 Hearts

Blurb:

Karen
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up because this one was just that damned close to perfect for me.

Colorado Penn is the goalie for the Arizona Raptors and he’s also a Rockstar. He’s had an interesting life and believes in living life to its fullest. He loves hockey, rock & roll and sex. The last thing in the world that anyone would mistake him for is a responsible adult ready to dawn the mantle of parenthood and guess what…they’d be wrong.

Joseph’s a science geek and he’s struggling to get his degree in planetary
Alexis Woods
A copy of this book was provided free from the authors in return for an honest review

The Harrisburg Railers series spoiled me. I loved that series. This series (Raptors) has been hit or miss in my opinion. This is book 5 of the Raptors series, of which I've liked most but not all of them. Why? What I love best about this author team is when they write hockey, but this was more a relationship book, like Sugar and Ice (#3).

Okay... we're talking about this book - School and Rock. School is for Jo
Anne Barwell
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
I love this series, and enjoyed Colorado and Joseph’s story. One of the things I love about this genre is the strong sense of family. This took that one step further with Colorado, Joseph, and Maddie’s story.

In the previous books Colorado has always given off a wild boy rocker vibe, and I loved the insight into who he is as a person, and his background. He’s such a sweetheart, wanting to be there for people, yet vulnerable himself, especially with his determination not to be his father. I loved
Jenn
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This book was honestly not at all what I expected, but I thought it was so much fun and really enjoyed it! Joseph and Colorado could not be more different and yet they are so perfect together.

Colorado is a hockey player/rock star and he's living his best life. Parties, sex, music and hockey, that is until one morning he wakes up to find a baby left on his doorstep with a note saying she is his daughter. After an expected freak out, he goes into protective daddy mode, wanting to do what
Jackie Ziegler
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colorado the fun loving pansexual goalie for the Raptors. Partying is his way of life. .Between hockey and the bank, Furballs, he can have anyone he wants whenever he wants. Until the day a small little bundle is left on his door step.. His life is now flipped upside down and he needs help fast.

Joseph, science nerd, planet loving man gets fired from the planetarium and now has no clue how he will help his sister raise his niece. When he gets a call from a nanny agency for an emergency position.
Amy
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been so excited for Colorado’s story and these ladies blew it out of the sky! This was such an awesome read!! Colorado and his wild ways, parties, hockey, his rock band, chaos. When a baby is left at his door, life changes drastically. Hiring a Manny to take care of Maddie-Boo was the best thing he ever did. Joseph lost his job and needed something quick, when the service called with a job, he immediately said yes, he loved kids, the money would go far to help finish school and take care of ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Double Shifting (Boston Otters, #1)
  • Draw (Overtime, #3)
  • Power Play (Denver Direwolves, #1)
  • Risking the Shot (Stick Side #4)
  • Butterfly (Portland Seabirds #2)
  • Starting From Somewhere (Starting From, #4)
  • Roughing (Portland Seabirds, #1)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • The World According to Liam (According to Liam, #3)
  • Starting From Here (Starting From, #3)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Keeping Casey (Keeping Him, #1)
  • Sweet as Honey (Aster Valley, #2)
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • No Good Mitchell
  • Fix It Up (Torus Intercession, #3)
RJ Scott is a USA TODAY bestselling author of over 140 romance and suspense novels. From bodyguards to hockey stars, princes to millionaires, cowboys to military, she believes that love is love and every man deserves their own happy ending.

Find RJ here: Amazon | BookBub | Facebook - Also, Never miss a release

Arizona Raptors (5 books)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
  • Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • Shadow and Light (Arizona Raptors, #3)
  • Sugar and Ice (Arizona Raptors, #4)