Start by marking “Mars, Volume 06” as Want to Read:
Mars, Volume 06

Mars, Volume 06 (Mars #6)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  2,474 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Kira is an extremely introverted artist and Rei is a popular playboy with a frightening violent side. Touched by a gentle picture Kira drew, Rei makes a promise to protect her. Soon a friendship and romance develop and together they begin to confront the many demons of their pasts that are still haunting them, trying to build a peaceful future for themselves.
Published November 19th 2002 by Tokyopop (first published January 13th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Mars, Volume 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mars, Volume 06

Jesica
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sigo sin entender al toallero--!
Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Volume six takes of where the last one left off. There is a new guy at school who has a crush on both Kira and Rei. He has a violent past that Rei is involved in, and he has some serious mental problems.

I think that Kira and Rei relashionship is incredibly beautiful. They have been through so much stuff, and yet they have survived through all the bad stuff that have happend to them, but that doesn't mean that the universe will give them a break, oh no, the punches just keep on coming.

Before this
Sarah Maddaford
I could have done without the Masao storyline. I think the series had enough to deal with with Sei, Rei's dream of being a motorcyclist, Kira's home life and their romance. Of course the series would have been shorter without him around to muck things up but Masao also just creates some problems with the authors story telling for me.

A derogatory term for a homosexual man was used within the first several pages. I really can't stand that term even though the character it was used on is a bit weir
cEe beE
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
The drama is escalating.
Rob McMonigal
Nov 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
You can see my reviews of the other volumes by clicking here.

Things start to take a more sinister turn, as Rei's past dangerous life starts to come back to haunt him and Kira. The new boy at school, an effeminate teen with a crush on both Rei and Kira, has a sinister connection to Rei. Sewing discord in their fragile relationship, he seems determined to bring out the worst in Rei, even while Kira tries to being out the best. As this volume concludes, it looks like our new player may succeed--at
Lynn
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Today post is on MARS volume 6 by Fuyumi Soryo. Is the sixth in the series and was published by Tokyopop. The cover has Kira on it. The intended reader is young adult but all the drama adults can enjoy this too. There is no sex, some mild language, and some violence in this volume. The story is told from Kira's perspective. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Tales from the Dark Side.
Kira and Rei are definitely in love- but no one said love was easy. When a new guy enrolls in thei
Adrianna
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This book introduces and develops the character of Masao Kirishima. The series takes some twists and turns with his character, and even though he is dark-- and I mean extremely dark-- I still find myself drawn to his story and his infatuation first with Rei, then Kira, and then Rei again. Masao also pushes boundaries with hegemonic gender and sexuality roles in society by the way he looks and carries himself and his own sexual preferences. Without giving too much away, he is definitely one evil ...more
Michelle. D.
Jan 08, 2011 rated it liked it
OK, this is for the overall sereis which I finished on January 8, 2011.

Masao is just a phsyco! He is crazy man, I say crazy. WIth all those stuff and the stuff he says and with his mind tricks and anger problems. He's a m******. Though he says that he isn't. He is though. Remember at the end?! He fully is and I don't care what people think. He fully is one.

OMG! It is so horrible what happened to her! D:

The first thing I wanna point out is that Kira cries a lot. She cries when she is happy. She c
Vicky
Sep 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shoujo Fans, Romantics
Rei is the type of guy that Kira couldn't stand; flirty, reckless, and a biker. When a chance encounter leads to Rei saving Kira from a teacher with bad intentions, neither of them know the extent to which the other will impact them.

On the outside, MARS is a typical coming-of-age story centered on the relationship between good girl and a bad boy. But underneath the romance lie stories of suicide, rape and murder; the idea that everyone has a secret to hide, even those who seem most innocent. Wh
Leila Anani
May 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shojo-manga
The entirety of this volume focuses on psycopath Masao and his obsession with Rei. We learn that he killed the guy Rei saved him from. Rei is torn between redemption (Kira) and destruction (Masao). I got a little bored with this one. If you like teen melodrama this series is at the top of its game, but personally I find all the murders and suicide attempts a tad wearing. Kira is also a very passive heroine. Gorgeous cover and a great example of BESM artwork. Loved this series as a teen, but read ...more
Spring Holbrook
Sep 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, romance
The new character, Masao is the focus of this volume. Turns out that he and Rei have some shared history, and none of it is sunshine and rainbows. Kira's forced to see a side of Rei that she probably didn't want to see, but rather than weakening their relationship, it seems like it gets a little stronger.

Random note: I love how the mangaka draws Kira's hair. It always looks so full and gorgeous!
Camy
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Victoria (Vicki) Lockett
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Masao is a Psycopath. His character was hella interesting. You find out Masao's backstory, and you find out more about Rei, and how he use to be super violent (Like he isn't already) and Kira doesn't know if she can deal with it especially since she sees Rei choking Masao at the end. What an ending by the way!
Lord
Jul 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
And now the story gets better and darker with the new character introduced, yay! For me the best volume so far and although I did not think I'd buy more volumes, now I'm seriously considering it. Still an easy reading and only slightly above average shojo manga but not exactly a bad way of spending some time on a sunny afternoon...
Angelic Zaizai

Okeeee manga favorit gw, sah sah sah!!!
Rei atau Ling (tetep ya bawa-bawa) emang keren
Kira atau Qi Luo ya tetep gitu deh, senang sedih nangis mulu hahaha
Di awal-awal yang keliatan baru masalah Rei, dan ya ampuun, masalahnya ruwet

banget
tapi ntar masalah Kira juga bakal muncul juga, ga sabar nunggu lanjutannya
daaan kepengen nonton serial Mars-nyalagi... ihik gantengnya sama :D
M Strawberry Reviews
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fuyumi-soryo, drama
Usually I don't go for these sappy high school romance stories. I wouldn't have gotten hooked on this manga if my friend hadn't let me read the first issues of her MARS manga. I got hooked, and now own the whole series. It really is an awesome story and kept me piqued.
Kristine Hansen
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, manga
The Masao storyline is creepy, and in a scary way so believable that you find yourself screaming at Kira to stay away...what is WITH that guy?
Jack Jarbo
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
tru
Jenn
Feb 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-artbooks
Mars, Book 6 by Fuyumi Soryo (2002)
Aleina
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
The series continually amazes me as the couple has to go through so many hardships! People who love Romances, this is a must read!
Monica
Aug 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like romance mangas
Recommended to Monica by: Me
Shelves: manga, mars
So suspenseful and dramatic! I really like the new character the author added to twist things up!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, the sixth volume got creepy real fast. More creepy near the end.
emm
Jun 28, 2015 marked it as manga
This volume in the "Mars" series was very intense and dramatic. I loved it. I can't wait to read volume 7.
Adrya Ribeiro
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Só aparece doido nesse mangá...rsrs
Nikki Kelly
Aug 29, 2007 rated it really liked it
A gorgeous love story with adult themes such as rape and suicide. The feathery art leaves something to be desired.
Katie
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Teresa
Feb 26, 2016 added it
WHEN DID THIS SERIES GET SO DARK?!!
Dayana Gonzalez
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Masao is a phsyco! He is completelly crazy! I kinda feel sorry for Rei ....
hissi
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-ebooks, manga, eastern
this series is so thrilling i cant put it down..
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 3 (Paradise Kiss, #3)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 3
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
  • Peach Girl: Change of Heart, Vol. 4 (Peach Girl, #12)
Fuyumi Soryo (惣領 冬実 Sōryō Fuyumi?, born January 6, 1959) is a Japanese manga artist from Beppu, Oita, Japan. She is a graduate of the Oita prefectural Geijutsu Midorigaoka High School.

She was born into the home of a master of the Kanze school of Noh. In her childhood she liked to draw pictures of horses and things but had no special interest in manga. While enrolled in fashion college, she happene
More about Fuyumi Soryo...

Mars (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Mars, Volume 01