Start by marking “Benched (Playing Games #3)” as Want to Read:
Benched (Playing Games #3)

Benched

(Playing Games #3)

Hunter Mitchell is a caveman.

He’s bossy.
He’s demanding.
He always gets his way. He’s the number one ruckman in the AFL. He’s good in bed. No! Scratch that.
He’s a god in bed and he knows it.
And he’s a great mate.
But that’s all we are. Friends with benefits. Which suits me fine.
I don’t have time or energy for anything more.

Until something unexpected happens to change the game
Kindle Edition
Published September 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Benched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benched

Start your review of Benched (Playing Games #3)
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Rebecca Barber swooned and schmoozed me with the third standalone in the Playing Games series and by far, totally the best in this series. I'm not sure if it was these two characters or their crazy fun banter or this fun trope that I love in romance but yeah, what a journey these two gave me.

Benched is the third book in this series giving us Hunter and Siena's story and y'all, just wait until you follow/meet these two. They have a friends with benefits thing going on... and it's working
Lauren
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars...
Y'all I wasn't sure who I liked more Hunter or Siena. They are both strong, independent and just plain hard headed. I was shocked by Siena hiding secrets from Hunter but I gotta say when she dropped the bombshell he took it better than I thought he would. Hunter is super swoon worthy and he goes above and beyond and he shocked me several times. Sie was adorable through most of the book but I won't lie she drove me crazy on more than one occasion. The ending was everything though and
LLS
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another solid offering from this author! Hunter and Sienna are frenemies with benefits, which is all she wants. He wants more. The push and pull between them was fun to read. Hunter is one swoony character. Throw in some football and you have a great book!

Thank you for the privilege of reading this book! Well done ❤️
CLiK Books
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Benched - Playing Games - Book #3 - Rebecca Barber
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Rebecca Barber continues to deliver wonderful Aussie based sports romance stories in the Playing Games Series and Benched was everything I hoped for.

Benched is centred around Hunter Mitchell and Siena Conti, exploring their fiery friends with benefits relationship.
These two have some serious chemistry but frustrate each other at every turn. When things get complicated for Siena and Hunter, and obstacles keep mounting, their friends and
Marnie
#Hunter-Caveman-Mitchell

Even though this may be #3 in Author Rebecca Barber’s Playing Games series, each is a stand-a-lone with recurring characters, so although it’s not necessary to have read the previous books, they’re great reading, and we get to meet both Hunter and Sienna in Played, book 2.

Wow, the chemistry between these two is almost incendiary. They rub each other up the wrong (and the right!!!) way, and the friction in both cases means lots of fiery and otherwise sexy times! Written in
zt_book_romance
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
In book 3 of the "Playing Games" series, we get the full story of Sienna and Hunter. We met them in Book 2, Played, and I was really hoping when reading that we would get their full story. I give this 4 stars, because while I loved the banter, and the character development, I felt like something was missing. I though Barber did a great job with giving us the reality of their fears, but at the same time didn't give us enough depth. Why didn't Hunter want more, why was Sienna terrified of heartbre ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Benched was such an amazing story that I found myself almost crying when I was finished devouring because I wanted so much more. Hunter is this super sexy, alpha caveman (and not in that ick factor way) who knows what he wants, and doesn't let anything stop him from getting it. And what (or rather who) he wants is Sienna, the woman who he indulges in sexy times with. Sienna is one of those girls who is independent, sassy, and everything in between, so she totally gives him a run for his money. T ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I'm new to this author and the series and I didn't know what to expect. The blurb drew me in cause I love a good sports romance book. There's one problem though... I didn't like Sienna. I know they had an arrangement and agreed to no relationship but a pregnancy changes that. Hunter wanted more but she didn't. She was very wishy washy and didn't like to tell the truth. She kept giving him the run around instead of being honest with. It would have saved them so much time and I think I would ha ...more
Margaret Neal
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start with my review of this book?
Firstly I have to say Hunter is MINE. I licked him first, and everyone knows that it's a rule that if you lick him he's yours.
Secondly, he's mine!!!!

Ok seriously, this book gave me all the feels, Hunter got under my skin from the start and just kept burrowing in deeper the further into the book I got.
To see him grow and change in this book was a journey I could go on again and again.

Hunter is a caveman in the best possible way. He knows what (and who)
Amy  Crull
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kari Hansen
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hunter is a force to be reckoned with both on and off the field. Although he wants something deeper than the casual relationship that he and Sienna share he is willing to be patient and show her that they are meant to be together until fate decides they have other plans for them.

Sienna is feisty, fiery and believes that the status quo when it come to their relationship is all they are destined to have. When she receives news that is going to going to change both their lives will Hunter be able t
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in this amazing series and is Hunter and Siena’s story. These two have a friends-with-benefits relationship, but Hunter knows what he wants and is determined that nothing will get in his way, but he needs to just needs to convince Siena to come round to his way of thinking. This is a beautifully written story which this amazing author has done an outstanding job in penning, and I Iook forward to reading more from this talented author whose work I highly recommend for all.
D.L. Gallie
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Barber has done it again. Benched is my fav and its due to Hunter 'Caveman' Mitchell and his sexy manbun.
Sie and Hunter's story was beautiful and that ending, was perfect for them.
I'm sad the AFL boys are over, but I cannot wait for more sports stories from Rebecca.
Megan Goodman
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. AFL is my a favourite sport of mine and it is easy to read not only books that you can relate to but one that are written as well as this. Rebecca is a fantastic author and this series is definitely a page turner.❤️❤️❤️
Rebecca
I received a ARC, and Oooh my god book 3 in Playing Games series WOW they are best friends Hunter and Siena and have plenty of fun, but then one thing happens will they just remain friends or more.

I won't give it away I was glued to this book couldn't put it down loved it ❤❤😍😍😍🏈🏈🏈
Melanie Bowers
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I want a Hunter.
That man... Oh my...
This was another 5 star read. Loved it. Devoured it and then asked for the next one! This series has been good. The characters real, the writing flows and they have all made me smile and feel good - what else do we need ?
Janeen
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Woot, Rebecca Barber is so talented. She has hit it out of the park yet again with Siena - a true blue spitfire and Hunter a sexy cool dude. They begin as friends, then with benefits - an oh WOW it builds from there.

This is the third book in the Australian Football sport series and it ticks all my boxes............ Yeah bring on more books.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fab story. Hunter just stole this book. I devoured this book
Up All Night With Books
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Meaghan
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Benched is the third book in Rebecca Barber’s Playing Games series, but can be read as a standalone. This story is a friend with benefits, sports romance starring two characters that you can’t help but love. The witty banter between these two is incredible from start to finish. They certainly know how to get on each other’s nerves and push the other to their limits.

Hunter is the typical Aussie football player who is used to get
Annie Reynolds
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
I loved how Hunter had a nervous quality that made him fix his hair, gave him a real human aspect. Sienna's was needing to use the toilet all the time.

The story was cute, but Logan's was hot. Marked is still my favourite of this series but so worth the read.
R yatsko
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, the chemistry is off the charts.
...love the push and pull in their relationship,
you never know what Sienna would say next.

Witty, fun banter, and full of steam...
lowkeyreader
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by the author and it was amazing! I love that it's a sports romance too.

Hunter is one amazing character. So swoon-worthy! I enjoyed the witty banter and the push and pull between him and Siena. The chemistry was undeniable and steamy. This is definitely a fun read.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
When the tables turn, these 2 had a great back and forth and I loved how caveman-ish Hunter was...made him that more loveable. Sienna loved her spark and stubbornness. Great story !
Debra Spencer
Carrie Doogan
Oct 26, 2020
Stacey Broadbent
Aug 28, 2020

• Game Changer (#UofJ, #2)
  • Tackling Love (Tackling Romance #1)
  • Defining the Rules (The Dating Playbook #3)
  • Pining
  • Full Count (Cessna U Wildcats #3)
  • Looking to Score (#UofJ, #1)
  • Hendrix (Raleigh Raptors #3)
  • Falling for Agent Cox (Falling)
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • Dirty Point (Emerald Summit University #1)
  • Dissonance (Unrequited, #3)
  • Forever Logan (Once Upon a Player Book 2)
  • Shot in the Dark (Blackbridge Security, #2)
  • Defying Our Forever (The Baker’s Creek Billionaire Brothers #3)
  • Rescued (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers #1)
  • Here Lives a Corpse (Here Lies #1)
  • Dax (A Royal Protectors/Sidewinders Crossover)
Rebecca is a clumsy, introverted, bubble bath loving, chocoholic who'd rather read a book than go shopping. And don't even mention shoe shopping!

Rebecca is a lucky girl - one of four kids to school teacher parents. Wife to a football obsessed husband. Aunt to the most crazy/adorable little girls. And sister to two very determined sisters and one easy going brother.

Rebecca lives in Canberra Austra

Playing Games (3 books)
  • Marked (Playing Games, #1)
  • Played (Playing Games, #2)

News & Interviews