Start by marking “Reaper vs. Ripper (Fear the Reaper Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Reaper vs. Ripper (Fear the Reaper Book 1)

Reaper vs. Ripper (Fear the Reaper Book 1)

Kindle Edition
Published July 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Reaper vs. Ripper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaper vs. Ripper

Start your review of Reaper vs. Ripper (Fear the Reaper Book 1)
Mandie
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read. It had a unique story line and really sucked me in from the beginning. I loved it!
Belle's Book Labyrinth
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stacey Rourke has become a favorite author of mine and she always nails every book with her own take on old lore and legends. Her twists on fantasy is what I love about her books and her snarky and strong willed heroines. I have always been intrigued by the unsolved cases of Jack the Ripper and she makes her own twists on the subject with this book. The trio of fallen angles balance each other and the humor as usual is there. I really loved this story and ready to take on the next in the series! ...more
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was ensnared in the Reaper's charm from page one. This hauntingly poetic excerpt from Rourke's new series could easily be her best work yet.

Nyx is a strong, powerful; yet broken reaper. My heart ached for her. Lucifer is every bit the male chauvinist I expected him to be. The group is rounded out with Ezekiel who is the voice of reason for the trio.

I love the spin Rourke is putting on the good vs. evil, the Devil vs. God story. I cannot wait to see where this story goes.

3/4/22 Audiobook Revie
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Paranormal-y Romantic

Reaper vs Ripper begins the Fear the Reaper series with a tale that kept me engaged in the story, and now completely committed to this particular series. I love the author’s work and once again she’s proven why she is an auto-buy for me. If you love actual history blended with fantasy, true crimes, fiction, or a touch of myths then you’ll enjoy this one.

It’s a quick read full of banter, snark, intriguing creatures, and an interesting backstory. Nyx will capture y
Autumn
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020
I was kind of weary on wanting to read this. Was not sure if I would have enjoyed the story line. Well, I gotta smack myself in the head and ask myself what the heck was I thinking? I literally am going to love what she writes. This story was no different. I jumped right in and had this devoured within a few hours. It was amazing and I love the twist she has added with trying to get the soul of the famous Jack the Ripper. I have never read a story like this before and I have to say it was refres ...more
Marissa
Jul 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Meet Nyx, a tough, snarky reaper who has the unfortunate task of collecting some of the most unsavory souls to ever walk the Earth. In this first installment of Ms. Rourke's new series, Jack the Ripper is the next name of Nyx's list. The Ripper was an evil being when he was alive and those tendencies followed him in death as well. In order to reap the Ripper, Nyx will need a little bit of outside help from someone who is familiar with his evil ways. Good thing she's a reaper.

In addition, Ms. Rou
Crystal
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Selaphiel opened the gates of Heaven to let Lucifer out, she never thought of the ramifications for the pair of them. Kicked out of Heaven for her actions, she now serves as a reaper. But just not any reaper, she’s after the worst of the worst, history’s monsters. Her latest case will be her hardest yet, she’s after the world’s most well known serial killer, Jack the Ripper. Using his own victims as bait, she goes after The Whitechapel Murderer, hoping to add his soul to her scythe, Selaphi ...more
Ethan Gregory
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an entry! If I can say anything for Stacey Rourke, it's that she writes some of the most memorable first installments in a series of any author I read. Reaper vs Ripper is a 'rip-roaring good time'.

When Reaper Nyx is tasked with bringing down history's biggest baddies, no soul from Blackbeard to Jack the Ripper is safe. Rourke packs a serious punch in a small package proving indeed that quality overpowers quantity any day. This is a quick read you'll devour in one sitting and leaves you be
Diane Ehlers
Apr 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
I knew I was going to love this the moment I picked it up! My expectations were met and then some. The details easily pull you in, the world intriguing you to turn the pages as fast as you can.

I haven't read many reaper stories but I can tell you this isn't your basic one. The MC gets assignments for souls that are harder for other reapers to collect. Why you may ask. Because she doesn't feel the pain and suffering that they caused onto others, like the other reapers would. You'll have to read
Cindy Fong
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fallen angel walks into a bar....

No really, after reaping souls Nyx or Selaphiel, heads to her home above Death and Taxes with her scythe of evil souls she reaps. This was a fun start to a new series by Stacey Rourke where we meet the evilest of known people, but through the eyes of those they hurt. Along the way, we readers get to build on the relationship between Nyx, Ezekiel and Lucifer and their roles as fallen angels and their own humanity. It is a fast paced read, with depth and the righ
Paranormal Tendencies
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nyx is a reaper collecting the souls of the most heinous murders history has known. She reaps the soul no one else wants to pay penance for wanting free will like the humans. Now she’s tasked to reap the most vicious killer man may have ever known. Can she reap the soul of Jack the Ripper?
What a fascinating story!
Stacey Rourke has this knack for writing strong female characters. I really like Nyx. She’s tortured, but determined to pay her penance. Her story promises to be a good one!
4 stars for
BobaFett114
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very well written!

This is a short book, but it definitely doesn't leave you wanting. Nyx and Lucifer fell together and are now stuck on Earth. Nyx reaps horrible souls and They are his eyes through Lucifer's body. The book jumps right in and it isn't u til the middle of the book that you get a clear understanding of everything. I liked this approach to the Ripper murders, talking with the victims. Nyx does it delicately. I'm a little concerned by Lucifer thkugh, but I guess we'll find out. This
Jennifer Treviño
A sinfully good re-telling!
The characters, their path, the feels!!! I never even guessed how this could play out as righting ones wrongs typically creates its own labyrinth of trials, emotions, & fears toward thy beloved redemption...but Rourke takes this to a whole other level & as always had my attention she did. A master at whisking us away into the worlds she creates she is. Read them all I must.
Beth Orsborn
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Selaphiel also known as Nyx to the common folk became a reaper because of one thing....love and of course to make up for her sins. One of the first archangels Selaphiel fell hard for Lucifer and did the adventurous with him to feel alive but at a cost, her wings. So to make up for her sins and his, she reaps souls and he bares their sins to make up for their misdeeds until they find their way, but at what cost?
Shannan
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jack the Ripper vs Nyx

Wow. I wasn't sure what to think going in. A reaper who was an archangel that pretended to be a goddess and unlocked the gates, allowing as well as joining Lucifer in the fall? Despite all that it is not at all a religious text. If anything Selaphiel/ Nyx is irreverent and it charms me.

There's such detail in the history of Jack without actually identifying him. And the handling of it was intense. I can't wait to read book two
Cassie Cassidy
Aug 25, 2021 added it
Shelves: ku, 2021
I’m not sure how to rate this book. On one hand, I absolutely LOVED the idea of this book. The archangel who opened the gate for Lucifer to fall is now a reaper for the most psychotic of souls - in this book, it’s Blackbeard and Jack the Ripper. On the other hand, I needed so much more out of it. The book is only 113 pages. If it would have flushed everything out, it could have easily been 300+ pages.
Debbie Chittenden
Oct 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
A short story about a reaper and her charges. It's cleverly written and the vengeance for the hurt souls is priceless. The back story, though, is the real kicker! The most famous fallen angel and apparently his best friend with benefits. Love and trust truly do suck. The idea that Nyx will have to figure Luce out, I think plays into her salvation and forgiveness. This shall be interesting. ...more
Fawn
Mar 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
good beginning

A quick read, it provides a good opening to what is hopefully a series. With the current ideology, theme, and romance of hades and Lucifer being actual good guys it is nice to see a story or two where the bad guy might actually be a bad guy. Only time will tell.

This story is well written, has good character growth started, and no typos that I can remember seeing.
Kim
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stacey Rourke did it again. This book was great. I love the short stories that lead to the next book and the next. Cause when you get to the end of it you really just want more. I don't give spoilers. Nyx is a strong reaper who will do anything for Lucifer. You can tell though she is broken. Good vs Evil. Revenge is sweet.. ...more
Kira Assad
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although this may be a short read as a novella, Reaper vs. Ripper brings readers right into the action and packs a punch with tons of historical lore and humorous banter! Nyx is a great character to follow and the other characters included add intrigue to the tale. I was completely hooked and I look forward to the next book in this series.
Cory Cravens
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Start

I enjoyed reading this book. It offers a different take on reapers and surprisingly the devil. The main character has some issues with a certain boyfriend. She also has the job of reaping souls that don't want to pass on. Usually notoriously evil ones. All in all a good first try.
Liz
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-wins
Review covers all 4 books:

These were very fun - more of novellas than full books. Nyx is a delight and I would have read more - there's no shortage of historical figures evil enough to get a visit from her.

Always a pleasant surprise when a Kindle Unlimited book you found via social media ad ends up being worth reading.
Samantha
Jun 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
It is always a joy to start a new Stacey Rourke series. I was instantly pulled into this new world and thoroughly entertained by these new characters. I also loved the blend of fiction with historical people and situations. Rourke did a great job of blending humor with the deeper side of things for Nyx and Luce in this story. I am already looking forward to the next book.
Traci Otte
Jul 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Unique reaper story!

I've read other reaper tales, but none of them have been like this - a former angel reaping difficult real-life villains. The details in this book about the Ripper are chilling. There's a lot of action and character devs as well as an interesting cat I'm hoping we learn more about in future books.
Mar 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love everything I've ever read by this author. Her world building and character development are top notch. Nix is such a great character because she's totally badass but still flawed and that makes things so much more relatable. the narration was fantastic and I truly enjoyed listening to this story. ...more
Beverly
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had it all. a badass heroine, an equally intriguing bad guy. fallen angels penance. It held me from the first word. Jack the ripper is one of my favorite unsolved murders and to read him in any book is just awesome I highly recommend I cant wait to see where this series goes.
Suzi
Love it!

Stacey Rourke is an author I don't hesitate to pre order without even looking. Love this story, great characters and interesting story line. I cant wait for the next book! Reaper cracked me up but made me sad for her too.
Belinda Clemons
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've never read a book like this one and I dont think I ever will Reaper vs Ripper is just phenomenal I really applaud Stacey in thinking up this book I cant wait for the next one in the saga to release ...more
Brandy Nacole
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced read that left me wanting more!

Rourke did a spectacular job, as always, in spinning Nyx’s tale. It’s a face-paced story that leaves you grasping the pages for more.

Highly recommend!
Bonnie Weber
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the story!,

Very intriguing story! I am a huge fan! Going to collect Jack the Ripper, great! As a first book to get keep you interested fans of Kim Harrison will love this book

• Inked (Gilded Blood, #1)
  • A Shade Too Far (Magic After Midlife #3)
  • Learning Curves
  • Mirage
  • Dead to Me (Grave Talker, #1)
  • Playing with Hellfire (Sin Demons #1)
  • Dead and Gone (Grave Talker, #2)
  • A Throne of Ruin (Deliciously Dark Fairytales, #2)
  • Heartbreaker (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal #1)
  • Made in the Shade (Magic After Midlife #2)
  • Fake It Real Good (A Faux Love Novel #1)
  • Mist and Magic (Death Before Dragons, #0.5)
  • Pack of Lies (Shadow Guild: Wolf Queen, #3)
  • Battle Bond (Death Before Dragons, #2)
  • Tangled Truths (Death Before Dragons, #3)
  • Constance (Constance, #1)