Start by marking “Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love” as Want to Read:
Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love

Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love

Some people search their whole lives to find love. He just wants to avoid it.

Teddy Spenser spends his days selling design ideas to higher-ups, living or dying on each new pitch. Stodgy engineer types like Romeo Blue, his nemesis—if you can call someone who barely talks to you a nemesis—are a necessary evil. A cute necessary evil.

Working together is bad enough, but whe
Published December 29th 2020 by Carina Adores

To ask other readers questions about Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love

Start your review of Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
**I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much for approving me!**

First of all I’ve to say that this book was really cute and that Teddy and Romeo were just adorable. When I started to read this I was in dire need of something sweet and fluffy and this was exactly what I got. So on that front “Teddy Spenser Isn’t Looking for Love” delivered exactly what I was looking for. It was a fast and very enjoyable read and it had me sm
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I really didn't like Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love, but I settled on two stars because I was feeling a bit generous. Kim Fielding is usually a very reliable author for me, but this one just missed the mark.

I found the book an odd combination of very slow and very fast. I found Teddy to be a tiresome character, so the story felt like it dragged on and on from being inside his head. However, on the flip side, the romance also moved way too quickly once it got going. It was a weird mix for
Trio
Absolutely adorable! I was so in the mood to read something sweet and light and funny and romantic, and Kim Fielding's Teddy Spenser was just what I needed.

A truly fun romantic comedy, with wonderful characters - I think I smiled the whole way through.

a copy of Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love was provided by NetGalley for the purpose of my honest review
Paula (lovebookscl)
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
Thank to Netgalley for the Arc of this book. eeeh not my type of plot.

I always love reading "Enemies to Lovers" but here... does it really matters? At the beginning of the book there is hostility between the characters, but not even 20 pages in and they forget all about it.

The romance comes out of nowhere and there are situations that are quite ridiculous. I think what totally took me out of the story is the plot itself..... Basically a client wants to invest in a product and she doesn't see p
Ami
lauraღ
Dec 27, 2020 rated it liked it
“You shine bright, Teddy Spenser. So bright I’m almost blinded.”

2.5 stars. Prior to this, I read and really enjoyed two novellas by Fielding, and was really excited to finally read a full length romance from her. I requested this without even reading the synopsis. Sadly, other than a few parts here and there, this was pretty much underwhelming. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it either. This didn't elicit any strong emotions from me either way!

This is a sort of opposites attract off
Flor
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
Well that was a disappointment.

I received an arc of the book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review and unfortunately it was very problematic for me.

We follow Teddy a designer who’s paired up with Romeo a software engineer in a project that involves sharing the same bed and some odd tasks in order to convince an important lady that their company is worth of her money.

But yeah, it feels odd. The plot starts taking some turns (in order to get to the romance) in very unrea
True Loveislovereview
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, 2020
Teddy and Romeo are colleagues and Teddy knows for sure he dislikes Romeo.
They have to do an important job together and sharing time day and night it seems Teddy has a lot of misunderstandings and misinterpretation about Romeo.
Instead of being a haughty guy like Teddy always assumed, it seems Teddy was the haughty one.
Something sweet blooms and Teddy who doesn’t believe much in love wonders what is happening.
The story around their job and the challenges they had was absolutely brilliant.

I loved
Tara
Oct 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lgbt, drc, romance
I received a DRC of this book from Carina Adores via Edelweiss. I recommended to the publisher in July 2020 (the publication date is December 2020) that it should see a sensitivity reader. It is possible that they did this, so the final copy may be different to the copy I read.

For reference, one of the key selling points of this novel on Edelweiss was that it was an interracial LGBT romance. As far as I can tell, this is not an 'own voices' novel (although the author's banner on Twitter says she
Santy
I've not read a Kim Fielding book I haven't enjoyed so I was excited to request this book when I saw it on Netgalley.

This is told from the single POV of Teddy who is the artistic type and his "nemesis" Romeo. I say "nemesis" because Romeo was analytical and "prim" which Teddy found exhausting . Fact was, Romeo (who is a POC by the way) was just misunderstood by Teddy. Lol!

I'm laughing out loud because the inner workings of Teddy's mind was like a funny roller coaster especially when all his beli
Aly
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read!

From the synopsis I thought this book sounded cute and entertaining and I'm so glad it lived up to my expectations! Teddy and Romeo are adorable characters and seeing them get together was sweet. This also featured one of my favorite plot devices, characters having to share a bed. It's just a fun thing and really helped Teddy and Romeo get closer.

Teddy and Romeo are pretty opposite, Teddy is all about fashion and a great people person while Romeo is smart and shy. I th
Suzanne
Nov 30, 2020 marked it as dnf
Teddy Spenser is really annoying.  Perhaps if it wasn't told entirely from Teddy's POV I would have stuck with it, but as it is, I wasn't enjoying spending this much time with him. Romeo does nothing wrong and Teddy just makes assumptions about him and then picks little arguments because he doesn't want to be attracted to him. Teddy is big into fashion and design, so readers who are likewise inclined may enjoy his approach to life and work. He definitely skews young, so readers looking for chara ...more
Emily Ozuna
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it
ENGLISH/ESPAÑOL

~ENGLISH~

The ARC for this novel was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Teddy Spenser isn't looking for love is a sweet and simple story about a talented designer who is focused on making the products of his current company, Reddyflora, a wonder in the eyes of customers. Teddy is not in his prime, however. He can barely pay the rent for his apartment, his work is very time consuming and to top it off, he always has to deal with his arch enemy f
Avani
Dec 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love by Kim Fielding is a male to male romance with a very interesting plot line attached to it. Teddy Spenser is the creative person at Reddyflora whereas Romeo Valentina Blue, is the engineer. Idk if we can call this enemies to lovers of friends to lovers.

We see hostility between both the characters for like first 20-30 pages and then things starting to get better and eventually both fall for each other. Their boss Lauren has been called to meet the most prestig
charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
Rep: gay mc, Black pan mc, wlw side character

Galley provided by publisher

In all honesty, I knew Teddy Spenser Isn’t Looking for Love wouldn’t be a book for me from page one. My first thought about it was that Teddy was a judgemental prick, and I can’t say much of the book disproved that for me (and doubly so when you hear Romeo’s story).

This will probably be a fairly brief review because, while I didn’t enjoy the book at all, there’s not a whole lot for me to say about it. I read it, sure, but n
Pjm12
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Teddy Spenser is an unhappy man--especially with this personal life. That he decides to take it out on Romeo Blue for no discernable reason (uh, he's attracted to him, but has sworn off men, so the only way to deal is to find fault? d'uh), makes for an interesting set up. The conflict over the smart vase is just an excuse for Teddy to explain the importance of good design, and for Romeo to be able to show his cleverness with programming and complying with Teddy.

Even though the narrative is compl
Zoe
Dec 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute, tender, and sweet!

Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love is an enemies-to-more romance featuring the creative, fun-loving Teddy, and the quiet, conservative Romeo as they discover that opposites really do attract.

The writing is clear and precise. The characters are kind, considerate, and supportive. And the plot is an engaging tale full of work commitments, responsibilities, stress, pressure, sexual tension, steamy chemistry and love.

Overall, Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love is a quick,
Terri Jones
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my review of the NetGalley Harlequin/Carina Press ARC:

Delightful! Complex, inclusive, diverse, real-world meets rich-bizarre, and yes, I expect no less from Kim Fielding, but this one's above-average even for her. Our MC is a fully 3D character, his love interest is delightful, and you should add this gem to your pre-order list right now.
Samantha
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
I have such conflicting feelings about this book. I wanted to love it so much but, ultimately, it just wasn't for me. At its core, romance is a fantasy genre. Because of this, I’m willing to suspend my disbelief for a lot so when these two characters had to do things for their job that I'd never even consider doing, I was perfectly ok with letting that ride to see where it goes. The same way I'm willing to read books about magic and mythical creatures, I'm willing to believe an investor in any c ...more
Didi
This is so much fun!! Teddy and Romeo are so adorable and there’s depth despite the seemingly lighthearted vibes. More thought soon(ish).
S a n d r a
Dec 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

2.5 🌟 Nice read, but somewhat lacking

I can't say I loved this, but I enjoyed reading it. I prefer reading slow burn stories, the romances that brew slowly and need time for deep feelings to develop are the ones that work best with me (I mean, I don't mind them getting hot and messy fast, but I need time for them to truly be in love, you know?). Sometimes, however, I enjoy reading more instalovish ones, but those tend to feel easily off for me. Teddy Spens
Charlotte
Nov 30, 2020 rated it liked it
My thoughts bit: This is my first book of Kim Fielding's. She has an extensive collection of books so if you're looking for an author that will give you some good reading material for a long time then Fielding may be a good choice for you!

Teddy and Romeo work at the same company. While working on a digital vase they combine their different talents. Romeo is a buttoned-down programmer with a stark office and a brusk attitude. Teddy is dynamic and unapologetically himself. he's the kind of guy who
Amanda
Dec 20, 2020 rated it liked it
[I received a digital copy for an honest review]

I was really excited for Teddy Spenser Isn't looking for Love by Kim Fielding. Queer enemies to lovers romance with the single bed trope ! Sign me up and while it did include those things it sadly didn't live up to my expectations.

What I loved:
-First and foremost, Romeo is precious. He's definitely judged wrongly by Teddy and I could tell right away that he wasn't cold just not good with socializing. Then as the story evolves, and he really opens
Lu
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you, Harlequin- Carina Press and NetGalley, for the chance to read and review this book!

Teddy Spenser works for Reddyflora, he spends his days selling design ideas and his nemesis is Romeo Blue (real name, even though Teddy couldn't believe it XD) who is a software engineer. They are very different from one other, but when they are forced to work together everything changes, turning their worlds upside down. Sitting together on the plane, staying in the same hotel room, spending more and m
Rachel Emily
Teddy Spencer Isn't Looking for Love is the newest book in the Carina Adores division from Carina/Harlequin - contemporary LGBTQ+ books with romance and a HEA.

I've read both previous books from this author and also other books within the line, and I have to say that this was a bit of a let down? I love Kim Fielding, but it's been a while since I read her stories. But the entire concept of a smart-vase, followed by the "quests" given by the eccentric millionaire backer, just seemed so...random?
Grayson
Dec 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF

this is meant to be enemies to lovers, but teddy just hates Romeo for no reason. Like literally, no reason. It didn't make any sense. Insta love is one of my book pet peeves, so once that happened I dnfed. Also the writing style is just not for me.
And as someone in college for design, teddy is super inaccurate and an awful designer. Like how does a professional designer just forget functionality and get mad when his design doesn't function?? Like that's on him not his coworker just trying to
Mara
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review!

I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a sweet, fun lgbt+ story. Here is a short, quick list of reasons to convince you to read this book:

* Fun and lovable main character who goes through some nice character development
* A man of color as the love interest, and he's super lovable so you'll be rooting for him!
* Enemies to lovers trope done right (read: no manipulation or toxic dynamics, just hila
Morgan
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’ve enjoyed a few Carina Adores books but this one was just a miss for me. By the description of this novel, I expected a fun, lighthearted read. Instead, I got something dense and hard to read. When I end up skimming over paragraphs to get to the dialogue, that’s definitely too much descriptive information about someone’s office space.
And the romance? Not there for me either. It’s framed as an enemies to lovers, but from the first few pages you can tell Teddy is already infatuated with Romeo.
Equalityreader
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Sorry life is crazy rn I'll be back to review xx

update: ok I'm back because as of today I can finally breathe a little easier!

This book soured over time in my mind's eye. It's quick, cute, enemies-to-lovers lite, things that I need from time to time. However, the characters fell back on tired stereotypes. I wonder what Teddy and Romeo would've turned out like in someone else's hands.
Nadia
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have to say I love enemies to lovers romance books. This was absolutely adorable. Teddy, a marketing guy has to team up with his co worker Romeo who does the coding of their new product. Unfortunately they didn’t start off friendly based on wrong assumptions. They both figured out along the way how wrong they were about each other through the crazy tasks assigned to them which was hilarious. The location of Seattle and Chicago was amazing, I loved the food, museums, and landmarks mentioned in ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Just Like This (Albin Academy, #2)
  • Lava Red Feather Blue
  • Feel the Fire (Hotshots #3)
  • Merry Measure
  • Beautiful & Terrible Things
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • How to Evict a Hot Jock in Three Weeks (How to Love, #2)
  • Holidays in Blue
  • Juliet Takes a Breath: The Graphic Novel
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Mooncakes
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Spellbreaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #1)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Eight Nights in December
  • XOXO, Santa
Kim Fielding lives in California and travels as often as she can manage. A professor by day, at night she rushes into a phone booth to change into her author costume (which involves comfy clothes instead of Spandex and is, sadly, lacking a cape). Her superpowers include the ability to write nearly anywhere, often while simultaneously doling out assistance to her family. Her favorite word to descri ...more