Start by marking “The Secret of Creek Cottage” as Want to Read:
The Secret of Creek Cottage

The Secret of Creek Cottage

1916: While the Great War rages through Europe, in the small coastal village of Trunrowan, Cornwall, life for Loveday Nance could not be more different. With her husband Will away fighting, the reality of having a longed-for child of her own seems to be slipping away with each day that passes.

Present-day: Kitty and Ben Gridley decide to leave their busy lives in Bristol ho
Published July 10th 2020 by Silverwood Books

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Creek Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Creek Cottage

Start your review of The Secret of Creek Cottage
Pamela Scott

I’d never heard of the author before but decided to take part in the tour because I loved the cover and the blurb sounded like the kind of book I could get lost in. I’m so glad I read this book because I really enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing what the author comes up with next. The Secret of Creek Cottage offers one of my favourite premises, a time slip novel that effortlessly moves back and forth between the present and 1916, gradually showing how a
Trish at Between My Lines
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good timeslip novel, so I am delighted to join this blog tour for The Secret of Creek Cottage by Tina M Edwards, organised by Random Thing Tours.

This is a debut novel for this author, and I loved the creepy but also comforting and earthy vibes that this book wrapped me up in.

Thanks to SilverWood Books for giving me for giving me a copy of this book for review consideration. As always, no matter what the source of the book, you get my honest, unbiased opinion.

First Line of The Secret of
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
This is a brilliant dual timeline novel that had me sucked in by the mystery of the secret of the cottage. In the present time we’re introduced to Kitty and her Husband Ben, who have moved to Cornwall to escape the fast paced living of Bristol. All is well until Kitty starts experiencing strange goings on and decides to investigate the history of the two-hundred year old cottage…

At the same time we’re in 1916 with Loveday and her Husband Will. He’s called away to fight in the Great War and Kitty
Linda Camidge
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good page-turner which – although it deals with the dark subject of PTSD – manages to keep the overall reading experience upbeat. This is achieved mainly by separating the action into two parallel plots, which converge only gradually. While the rather grim story of a returning WW1 soldier with severe physical and emotional disability, and the impact of that on his wife and community, is progressing in 1916-1917, a jolly yarn of a young couple and their visitors provides a contrast in t ...more
Jaffareadstoo
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
his time slip novel gets off to an atmospheric start as we are introduced to the lives of two couples who live at Creek Cottage in Trunrowan, 100 years hundred apart. In the present, Kitty and Ben Gridley have relocated to this small Cornish town, hoping that by leaving their busy lives in Bristol they can find the peace and tranquility they crave. Back in time to 1916, and Loveday and Will Nance are facing very different challenges as Will is caught up in the devastating after effects of his ti ...more
Nicky Hampshire
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This isn't the type of book I'd normally read, but I was sucked in from the start. This cleverly written time slip novel, that effortlessly moves from one century to the next and back again, draws you in with lovable characters and scene setting you can almost touch.
With love, sorrow, happiness, heartbreak, strange acting cats, lights going out, sudden chills, magic and the supernatural, this is a well paced rollercoaster read that I couldn't put down.
I'm looking forward to reading more from th
Andrea Martin
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great book, like two different stories rolled into one thrilling read. The characters are believable and the attention to detail well researched. It had me gripped right to the end, and I would highly recommend it. Certainly Tina M Edwards first book was a triumph, looking forward to the next one.
Bronwyn
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A well written compelling read full of mystery and intrigue. Beautifully woven timelines that conjured up enchanting landscapes and great characters. Look forward to seeing what else this debut author brings!
Jen
Jerrica
Apr 24, 2021

• The Midnight Library
  • The Adventures of China Iron
  • The Rebel Heiress and the Knight (Notorious Knights #1)
  • The Name of Red (Red, #1)
  • The Women Who Ran Away
  • Deny Me
  • A World Through Sapphire Eyes
  • The Harpy
  • Liar
  • Summer Strawberries at Swallowtail Bay (Swallowtail Bay, Book 2)
  • Murder at the Playhouse (Miss Underhay Mysteries #3)
  • The Collector (Lucy O'Hara, #1)
  • The Silence

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...