Start by marking “Roaring” as Want to Read:
Roaring

Roaring

For reasons that are kept top secret, Colt is the only person who can resist a siren's voice. But he's never had a chance to test this ability. The last siren left in the world mysteriously disappeared years ago.

Then one night, wi
Published August 3rd 2020 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Teen) (first published 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Roaring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roaring

Start your review of Roaring
Danielle's
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Roaring is a really interesting concept and a different kind of siren story. For a start, our setting is the 1920’s and we aren’t in the sea. Instead, we have hunters, gangster and speakeasies. This is a mystery suspense novel with romance and all kinds of monsters. The story is told from multiple points of views and rather than giving the characters name we get their roles.

Eris knows there is something special about her but also knows it comes with great danger. When a Hunter discovers her it’s
Carrie
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review coming soon.
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
“People believe what they want to believe.”

Eris is a siren who spent her life either in hiding or moving from one place to one place. She doesn’t know what she is but she knows that her power is not normal. The only thing she knows is that she is not allowed to talk.

Colt, is an agent of the Bureau of Investigation(BOI). BOI hunts monsters and been doing it for years. Lost Siren is their only project which remains incomplete. Colt with his own baggage is assigned on Lost Siren project.

“Being scar
Alex
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 12-and-13

Roaring is the exact level of unique I'm in love with. Set across america in 1929, Roaring Fantasy is an enemies to lovers historical fantasy. One of our dual protagonist's, Eris works as a singer in a speakeasy. Though she's known for her songs, she never speaks. Until Colt, a monster hunter, shows up and her life goes off the rails when she finds out she's a siren. And that he's immune to her si
Ashton Reed
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers looking for a unique and fun tale about a siren and a monster hunter against the world
3.75/5 stars

He lowered his mouth to my neck and gave me a lingering kiss. Soft, warm, tender.

“You won’t run from me again, will you?” he whispered against my skin.

I opened my eyes and turned around in his arms to look up into his face, half shielded by the low brim of his hat. “No, only towards you.”

This book is such a fun, unique, and romantic read! I really enjoyed reading it!

It’s 1929 - the age of speakeasies, crime lords, and… monsters.

Eris has been told her whole life she must
Paula M
DNF at 45%

I feel pretty bad for putting this arc down. Look at that cover! That premise! It's not something I encounter that much. However, those were not enough for me to keep going. The romance aspect of this book ruined the whole thing for me. Every chapter, there seems to be a paragraph that is dedicated for our characters to lust over at each other. I mean, I GET IT, you guys are attracted to each other. This is undeniably an insta-love and not something that I can get over with, sadly.

I wo
Alexandra
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Paranormal creatures in the 1920s! Now this was something I loved to read! Lindsey Duga knows how to create a unique blend of characters and deliver a complete story in one go! I also enjoyed the dual POV od Eris and Colt as they navigated the secrets of the paranormal society, smuggling and sirens, agents and action!

If you want something unique and quick to read this book is for
Caryn - iam.caryn
Did I know I needed a supernatural creature story set in the Roaring ‘20s? No.
Did I absolutely need a supernatural creature story set in the Roaring ‘20s? OH MY GOSH YES!

This was more fun than I ever could have expected. I’ve loved all of Duga’s previous YA and middle grade books, but this one takes the cake. No doubt about it. This is my new favourite book. She’s one of the most unique storytellers I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading.

If you’re after a story with Supernatural (the tv show) vib
Bradley (AudioShelf)
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
First and foremost, Thank you to Entangled Teen for providing a copy.

Roaring was quite the surprise hit for me. This is a story about a girl, who is a siren, and she's hidden in a bar with a "found family" in hopes that no one will be able to use her siren abilities for evil. She appears to have selective mutism, because once she opens her mouth and uses her speaking voice, people around her do whatever she's says.

Enter Colt, a "monster" hunter who was assigned the role to find the last and onl
Michelle
Roaring is a young adult paranormal romance set in 1920s America by author Lindsey Duga. Lindsey has written one of my all time favorite young adult standalone fantasy romance- Kiss of the Royal, so when I saw she had a new romance coming out featuring mythical creatures, I was so in! And I am so glad that I picked up Roaring, because this book was AWESOME! It has a really unique premise, wonderful kick butt characters, and a sizzlingly sweet romance that will make you swoon time and time again. ...more
Frankie
Thank you to Entangled for providing me with a free e-copy of this ARC. All opinions are my own.

She's a monster. He's a monster hunter. It's the Roaring Twenties. I thought I would love this book so much more than I actually did.

See, this novel is fine. Just... fine. Excellent hook and concept but underwhelming in its execution. If you haven't read as many YA fantasies as I have then you might enjoy it way more.

Eris is secretly a siren who works at a speakeasy. Colt is a junior FBI agent who hun
Dani
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book from YA Bound Tours for an honest review*

I could not put this book down! This is a great historical fantasy that is set in the 1930s with flappers, speakeasies, and monsters! What more could you want? It felt like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them mixed with Percy Jackson. There were a lot of twists and turns and I found it to be paced perfectly and had the right amount of information that kept me interested.

The main character, a siren, is on the radar of more than on
_The_Literary_Witch_
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Colt Clemmons is an agent in a specialized division within the Bureau of Investigation—one that hunts down not just mobsters, but also monsters.

Then one night, with a single word, she reveals herself. It seems too good to be true.

And it is. Because nothing about this siren—her past, he
Katherine
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story follows Colt Clemmons, an agent whose job is to hunt mobsters and monsters. Yes, monsters! Its 1920 and through a dispute, the long lost siren is found. Her voice while singing can capture the attention of the audience like no other. It can be rightfully termed as ‘extra-ordinary’ and ‘hypnotic’.

Despite all these, Colt has never been affected remotely but you can never be too sure of anything in a job such as this. Working in a specialized division, he has been through all sorts of cra
Brook Obsessed
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully unique fantasy set in the roaring 1920’s about a specialized secret agent named Colt who hunts down mythical monsters and his inevitable run-in with the captivating Eris, an untrained siren he must capture.

A refreshing adventure filled with tommyguns, flappers, and mob bosses. Beautifully descriptive and romantically charged! Such a fun read!

Blurb: Colt has been trained since he was a child to hunt down the monsters of this world. And everything goes according to plan until Colt me
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to Entangled Publishing for providing me with a copy of Roaring, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review!

Eris has always been told by the woman who raised her never to use her voice. She knows what happens when she does – people are compelled to do what she says, no matter what the consequences are. Working at a speakeasy as a singer and barmaid, everyone knows Eris sings but doesn’t speak. Until one night when she finds herself in a position where she can’t help it.

Col
Catherine / readingmypages
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I didn’t know I needed! I loved it so much and wish there was more! This book has 2 POV’s, The Siren and The Agent and the author weaves this story together beautifully. I loved all the details about the 1920’s and the cities they travel to and from. I haven’t picked up a fantasy book in quite awhile and I’m so glad I read this one! Only thing I would change is to have more of a slow burn from enemies to lovers.

Thank you to Entangled Teen for the advanced copy in an exch
Deekay
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful enigmatic story this one is. Set in the Jazz age, this story tells a tale of a young woman who happens to be a siren and a young man known as the hunter. This story will give you a very strong dark and mysterious vibe that will have you questioning everyone that ever appeared in the story.

I really enjoyed this one, although there was still a little information that I’ve found missing. I liked how the author explained what happened to the many young children that went missing, ho
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I really liked the 1920's Chicago/NY setting. It took me a little while to be pulled into the story, but I definitely found myself invested about a third of the way in.

Eris is a siren, but she doesn't know it. All she knows is that she manipulates people if she speaks to them. Anyone who listens to her follows her orders, so she prefers to stay mute. She was told that people were after her and she had to stay quiet. Eris works at a speakeasy run by Madame Maldu and Stanley. Madame is basically a
Meigan
It’s the Roaring ‘20s where mobsters meet monsters in this historical, enemies to lovers fantasy. Filled with magic and fraught with danger, ROARING takes readers on a fast-paced journey through speakeasies and the glittering cities of Chicago and New York as a special agent tries to track and capture the last known siren.

Colt is a special agent in the BOI, where he’s part of a specialized unit that hunts both monsters and mobsters. Eris is a waitress and singer in a speakeasy, and she just hap
Madeline
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-copy
3.5 Stars

Thank you to Entangled Teen and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review!

I went into Roaring with no expectations. I had not heard much about it, positive or negative, and requested in on a whim. Filled with action, romance, and fantastical elements, I was delighted to find Roaring to be extremely enjoyable and easy to read.

In this story, we are introduced to the main characters, Eris, the siren, and Colt, the agent, and they are immediately end
Liz Griffin
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy from NetGalley and Entangled Teen for being a previous reviewer of Lindsey Duga's books, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
With this novel, Duga steps up her game in what I would say is her most "new adult" paranormal romance yet. Set in the 1920s in Boston, the main departure from history is that monsters run with mobsters. Eris is a siren who has been on the run all her life and only recently found a temporary home in a Boston speakeasy, where she's thrown
Madhu MaBookYard -
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Rating : 4🌟
Kindle/ Netgalley/ August2020
#mabookyardchallengeAug20 #ARCaugust
#advancedaugreadathon
Thank you @favouritepagesclub and Netgalley for the review copy, which lets me give you my unbiased opinion.
This book follows out two main characters: Soft-spoken, heart of a gold, the most powerful monster alive aka Siren, Elis; and confident, kick ass agent, protective, one hell of a dragon, Colt. It's an enemies to lovers trope romance set in the historical America of 1929, with lots of gan
Jill Hart
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been so excited to get my hands on a copy of Roaring by Lindsey Duga! Isn’t the cover gorgeous?! Those colors? That eye! I love it! It caught my eye and then the back cover blurb reeled me in.

The story is set in the 1920s and it took me a bit to adjust to the 20s slang and terminology that is thrown in. After a chapter or two, and thanks to the handy glossary at the front of the book, I had adjusted and the action really picks up from there, with twists and turns all throughout.

Our hero,
Living My Best Book Life
Roaring is a YA fantasy romance set in the 1920s that tells the story of an agent from the Bureau of Investigation and a siren falling in love when everyone and everything is working against them. This is my first time reading Lindsey Duga and I enjoyed her imaginative and vivid writing style. You can expect suspense, romance, and twists and turns.

Eris has always enjoyed singing and knows there is something different about her, but she can't put her finger on it. She sings at a speakeasy and mee
Monica
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Initial Thoughts

I was super excited to be chosen to read an ARC of this book. I love historical fantasy and the 1920s is such an interesting age. Thank you to Entangled Teen for providing a copy.

Some Things I Liked

Historical setting. I loved that the story started out in Boston in 1929. I also loved that as the story progressed we got to see the main characters travel to other major cities across the US. My favorite city is Boston but New York was a great place to end the story.
Dual POVs. I love
Rose (Adventurous Bookworm)
Thoughts:

If you'd ask my why I signed up to read this book, I'd honestly tell you that I don't know. It may have been the cover or the fact that I've heard the author's name before, but whatever the reason, I'm glad I did.

This book just blew me away! Once I started reading, I couldn't stop and just kept on reading until I finished it.

As most of you know, characters are the central focus for me and I'm so glad to say that they were some of the best I've seen recently. Their wants and desires were
Leann
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gangsters! Speakeasies! And Monsters! Oh my!

It took me a little bit to get into the story in Roaring. This book is told in multiple POVs - Eris and Colt.

Eris works in a speakeasy in Boston as a bartender also sings with the house band. Oh, and she doesn’t speak - hasn’t said a word in more than seven years.

Colt is a Bureau of Investigation, Specialized Organized Crime Division Agent, and has been put on the case of bringing in the last siren - who has been located in Boston.

Set in the 1920s, spe
Katie
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even begin to explain how captivating this book was. Monsters and mobsters in the 1920’s! What’s not to love. Eris is the only surviving Siren with the power to control people with just a few words. As long as she doesn’t speak she doesn’t risk her power being found out or worse being used. One night though she has no choice.

Enter Agent Colt Clemonns who is a monster hunter for a secret agency. He’s been tasked with bringing her in, seeing as he is one of the few people who can resist h
Shea Greene
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t tell you enough how much I loved this book! I enjoyed seeing both sides of the story by The Siren and The Agent. I also love all the 1920s vibes and slang that Duga uses. Duga gives readers very detailed descriptions of the monsters so when you are reading the story, you can actually picture them in your head. I definitely recommend this book! If you love historical fiction, monsters, and all the 1920 vibes then this is the book for you! Thank you so much to @entangledteen @favouritepage ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Golden Fury
  • Of Wicked Blood (The Quatrefoil Chronicles, #1)
  • Firefrost (Flameskin Chronicles)
  • The Butterfly Room
  • The Afterlife of the Party (Afterlife, #1)
  • The Deadly Houses (Maddie Ives #6)
  • Opium and Absinthe
  • Summer at Lake Haven (Haven Point, #11)
  • Beating About the Bush (Agatha Raisin, #30)
  • Perfectly Famous
  • All Our Summers
  • In the Penalty Box
  • Secret Legacy (The Windhaven Witches, #1)
  • A Body in the Village Hall
  • Pumpkin Patch Princess
  • The Complete Grimoire: Magickal Practices and Spells for Awakening Your Inner Witch
  • A Gentle Noble's Vacation Recommendation, Volume 1
Lindsey Duga is a middle grade and young adult writer with a passion for fantasy, science fiction, and basically any genre that takes you away from the real world. She wrote her first novel in college while she was getting her bachelor’s in Mass Communication from Louisiana State University.

Other than writing and cuddling with her morkie puppy, Delphi, Lindsey loves catching up on the latest super

News & Interviews

“People believe what they want to believe.” 0 likes
“It was then I knew that he was a story I desperately wanted to finish.” 0 likes