Start by marking “Cross My Heart” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart

''Cross My Heart.''
Three little words that meant more than just a promise for us.
Three little words entwined with the promise to be together forever. But neither of us kept that promise.

He was my best friend, my lover, my forever. But after his betrayal, I lost all hope in love. I promised myself to forget about him and got married. But little did I know I was making a de
Published July 28th 2020 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Cross My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross My Heart

Start your review of Cross My Heart
Crystal Bell
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cross your heart is a beast of a book. I am in total awe of Shanjida Nusrath Ali. She knocked it out of the park, there it goes over the wall to have a home run, and I am going wild. Five Stars. I stayed up most of the night to finish reading this book. I was engrossed from page one. We are sent on a dark emotional rollercoaster with many twists and turns, Have tissues nearby.

Let's keep in mind this is a dark romance and Cross my heart with is not for the faint of heart. There are many trigger
Thahmina Akhtar
Aug 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Atrocious writing style that was riddled with inadequate grammar.

The writing style of the author in this book was completely atrocious. Basic grammar and sentence structures were not present as a consequence, the overall flow of the story arc is portrayed to be rather inadequate and juvenile in all forms. Dark/psychological romance books are fabricated to entice and captivate the reader ; challenging their mindset on the ambiguity of morals and what is appropriate in society. Alas the only emot
Thea™
First reaction, after just a few chapters: very good, promising and dark-ish! Dayam, this Theia does not has an easy life!! Definitely a 5 star feeling!
But.... unfortunately, that feeling quickly diminished. It even went so far that I started skimming (especially the chapters in the 'past', because they got really boring and repetitive); about 65% into the story, I kinda 'fast forwarded' to the end.
The story was creative and not even that bad, but way too slow for me.
One thing about this book I
Katie Salt
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-star-read
’Cross my heart, my angel.’

Cross My Heart firstly, had a great plot. I really enjoyed reading the relationship between Theia and Lucifer and I love a good mafia romance! The dual POV really helped me get into each of their minds.

This book was dark, which I also love, and I really do enjoy the depths of darkness that were explored within this book.

Sadly, there were a couple of things that I could not overlook. The writing was difficult to read at times and I think mostly that was due to the amo
Breen
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Wow! To be honest is the first word that pops in my mind. Cross My Heart had my f¡heart from the very beginning. Theia and Lucifer were fascinating characters that gave me all the emotions.

Theia, my heart broke for her. She was a really strong character because after everything she went through… so sad. Lucifer, Lucifer, Lucifer… loving him was so easy but heating him was harder. He has a special place in my heart and will stay there for a long time.

A beautifully written mafia romance that wa
V. Domino
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Theia and Lucifer will have my heart forever. Shanjida did a superb job on this heart wrenching mafia story.
It’s dark and trigger filled but the style of writing is so outstanding that you can’t help but devour each and every page.

The pov of both characters is flawless as well. I honestly have no clue what tf some of these “reviewers” are talking about. Shanjida is a phenomenal writer and CMH proves it.

I can not wait to read more from her.
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
This is one of those books where it’s obvious that the author has a lot of talent, yet she unfortunately teamed up with an extremely negligent editor. Normally while reading a book with this many typos, mistakes, punctuation errors, grammatical errors, extra words, missing words come out wrong words, etc., I would have quit reading very early on. However, the story itself was phenomenal! Unfortunately, this innovative, exciting story were buried beneath a mountain of distracting typos.

To list ju
Komal Chandwani
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cross My Heart - Matte Teaser

Ruined.

That's what this book did to me. It ripped my heart out, tore it apart and then placed it's pieces back. But that's what they are - bittersweet pieces.

My heart still aches as I write this review because Cross My Heart has had a great impact on my emotional state of being. It is literally all the feels.

Cross My Heart is not for the faint of heart and has many triggers.

This twisted book is a story of Theia and Lucifer and their love-hate-revenge relationship. It's raw, passionate and h
Ana Manjić
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
C61-BB1-F9-AB83-490-E-933-F-BE5-A4-BC1-E35-D

"I know I have lost you in this life. But no one will ever replace you in my soul and heart. You will always be alive there."

This story deals with subject matter that isn’t for the faint of heart, no emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending.
This is a dark and intense romance that is both beautiful and disturbing, the one you will never forget.

Theia is put through things no one should ever have to go through. Her life wasn't an easy one, only one part of the young adult age was perfect
Elysha Brooks
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a book!
Shanjida always manages to bring my deepest darkest fantasy’s to life in her novels. Especially with the mafia romance.

I’ve never cried, smiled and swooned more over a book in my life. She manages to write a book I’ve never read before in the mafia trope.

Fresh, exciting and damn sexy. Like the sex!! Oh my gosh Lucifer and Theia ahhh.

Lucifer is so broken after his past with theia but through every step of their journey he continuously tries to redeem himself and prove his lover for
Anna Widzisz
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After gathering my thoughts and getting ahold of my damn feelings, I can honestly say that I LOVED this book. The way it was plotted from start to end and everything made sense even if you thought that it hadn't at first.

Both Lucifer and Thea were giving me mixed signals and I had a true love/hate feelings when it came to them. I can honestly admit that I wanted to punch them quite a few times. But I guess that's the whole point. You may hate the characters but also love them because in the end
Mirjam

This was a fantastic read, very unconventional and one that in the end just broke my heart.
I think the ending, while it was an amazing twist, was not what Theia deserved.

This is a dark mafia romance that takes place in Rome and New York. It's a story of betrayal and revenge, as two brothers rival for power and the same woman.

Theia has had a hard life for most of it, she has been manipulated and thought was doing what was right for her.

Their were so many twi
SamanthalovesBOOKS
A PHENOMENAL love story!! This book destroyed my heart than anything else. I couldn't stop crying the more I got into the story. Even the twist and turns...and the climax was something I didn't see coming at all.
Lucifer was an asshole but I still loved him and poor Theia...she has been through hell.
And the sex scenes were quite intense for sure! STEAMY. HOT. INTENSE.
The epilogue was so bittersweet and yet so beautiful.
A really REALLY amazing story and tbh the best so far by the author.

A mus
Erin Figueiredo
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal heartbreaking story!

“Love turns the purest souls into dark demons.”

WOW! What a phenomenal story! It’s gritty, dark, twisted, intense and utterly heartbreaking. Lucifer and Theia’s story is not for the feint of heart. It is an emotional rollercoaster ride of pain, anger, hatred and revenge. Their story will rip your heart out and leave you absolutely gutted. I went through all the emotions, love, hate, anger, fear, loathing and then some. Lucifer and Theia’s story is a bittersweet love
Juliana
First of all WOW!
WOW shanjida! You really went and above. This book not only ripped my heart but my soul. From the very beginning it had my attention. I got the ARC at night and stayed awake the whole night to finish this masterpiece. Not chapter 5 went by and I was already crying. The flashbacks were so emotional and sentimental. And the abusive scenes really got to me.

The character build up and relationship build up...to be honest from start till end everything was perfect. This book is so d
NJ
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
10 out of 10 ⭐️
Mind blowing! Steamy! Hot! Those are just a few words that describe this story!

I received and ARC of this book and I’m so proud to say I read it first.

Let me start off by saying, by the time I finished this book I was crying ugly tears! It been awhile since a book has made me cry! I cried tears joy if by the time I finished it. So, don’t let these tears stop you from reading it! In my eyes, if a book made you cry, that’s one damn good book!

From the beginning, I new my heart was g
bookreviewer_98
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall review -> 3.75 - 4 stars

I received an ARC.

Wow. That's what I thought after I finished reading this book. Just wow. First things first, I am not a huge mafia romance fan. So, I don't actively seek them out but I have read enough of the trope to know when a book is really good. Trust me when I say this - I couldn't put this one down. I devoured it in one go and enjoyed every second of it.

I don't know how to review it without giving the entire ploy away but Theia and Lucifer's love story is
Atiukl Islam
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
CROSS MY HEART- an original mafia book where the endings are not the same as others. Too much suspense, too much violence(of course, it’s a mafia book), sensual scenes(it’s a dark romance book). I don’t want to be a spoiler. If you really like dark intense romance I will recommend you to read that book.
I know Shanjida Nusrath Ali personally. She has worked for months on this book. And now I can say that her work got paid off. I have never seen someone with a passion for this level. I can say whe
Tia-louise Kennedy
IT IS AMAZING, CROSS MY HEART YOU WONT REGRET.

This was my first time reading a book by Shanjida and it most definitely won’t be my last. Cross my heart was filled with soo much. Lucifer was unlike any man I have ever met. He was both the superhero and the bad guy. I will forever love the way he loved Theia. And the way Theia protected him without him even being aware. They protected each other in secrecy because they didn’t want each other to worry.
With the words “cross my heart” never being for
bookxlovers
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Broke my heart.
That's it. That's the review.
I don't have more tears, I can't scream anymore (also I'm pretty sure my neighbors hate me) I'm just shocked, in a loss of words.
Have you ever heard that sentence "There are just some loves who are to strong to this world so they're separated" Well that's this book.
I love it, I 'hate' it, I'm just... Agh
There isn't enough words to do justice to this book. It was a ride, oh, what a ride it was!
This book contain many triggers (rape, violence, etc etc
Sanmugapriya
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
💔💔💔💔💔 5 star reads

This is my first book of Shanjida Nusrath Ali loved her style of writing. This book was raw and intense revolving around revenge, betrayal, lies, deceit and heartbreak. The transition between past and present was just great. The story starts from little Thea and Lucifer becoming friends. And as they grow up the darkness around them ends up destroying their life.Thea is strong at the same vulnerable character. I want to hate Lucifer but can’t bring myself to do it as both of the
Sixtine
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review

Cross my heart is a mafia romance book.

In this book, we follow Theia and Lucifer. Theia is a strong woman who has been through hell. I am not going to say much but poor girl. I really wanted to hate Lucifer but I can’t. He touched my heart really.

“How do you become your own guide when you don’t know the path yourself?”

What I really love about this book is how it’s written. You have some past and present scenes. It allows you to understand the pres
Booksaddict2020
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She was his best friend and the love of his life. But he thought she betrayed him by marrying someone else. As the secrets unfold, he comes to know that he was betrayed by everyone he thought he trusted.

The story is riveting, dark, intense and erotic. With each chapter, story keeps on switching from past to present revealing series of events that will come as a shock and surprise to its readers. This book will stir a variety of emotions from its readers with its unexpected plot twists making the
Dona M
OK,, SO THIS WAS A DARK READ & YOU KNOW I LOVE MY DARKNESS. THIS BOOK WILL GIVE YOU SWEETNESS AND THROW YOU IN A DARK ROOM TO PLAY WITH MONSTERS.

THE STORY HAD A GREAT PLOT AND TOLD I DUAL POV GAVE INSIGHT TO BOTH THE MAIN CHARACTERS, THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN H &h COULD BE FELT FROM STARTING. I REALLY ENJOYED THIS MAFIA ROMANCE..

THE ANGST AND THE HEART ACHE REALLY UP THERE,
THIS BOOK CONTAINS SOME DARK TRIGGERS LIKE DOMESTIC ABUSE AND VIOLENCE.. SO BE MINDFUL;

NOW THE ONLY LITTLE DRAWBACK WAS (MEE
Ashleyalwaysreads
DNF @ 48%

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review:

I signed up for an ARC because I was honestly looking forward to reading this book based off the blurb and when I started reading it I found out what a disappointment this was.

I’ve read a lot of books, I read a lot of dark romances and I didn’t think I would have an issue with this book BUT MAN was I wrong.🥴

Now, I have no room to talk when it comes to grammar and punctuation but my god... there needed to be edits every sentence I read.
Susan Freestone
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! I'm not sure I have the words to express how much I loved this!! I love a dark book and this did it for me totally! LOVE IT!!

This is a truly dark and gripping, emotional book, it pulled so many different emotions from me towards the end I was reading with tears...

This is a new author to me and I loved her style of writing so much the way she wrote this using the past and present throughout just seamlessly flowed into a really enjoyable read. Definitely one of the best dark reads I have
PAD.My.Bookshelf Blog
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it

“I will always be in love with you, angel. Cross my heart.”

This book will take your heart out and rip it to pieces. At first I thought there was too much past and present at the beginning of the story but It all enhanced the emotions you feel while reading this story.

It takes a lot for me to get truly emotional and cry but this book hit me on a level that amazed me. You can see the amount of love and work this author has put into this story and understanding how to connect on a deep le
Anne Milne
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The author has put a warning in this book because as the story progresses it takes a dark turn. You have been warned.

The story is told in both past and present and we get the perspective of Lucifer and Theia which I liked as it gives a rounder view of the book. I really liked how the plot of the book progressed it was easy to follow and I felt like I got to know the characters very well. One thing I wasn't keen on was the multiple fonts used as I found it confusing. I love dark books so for me
ReadingInPyjamas
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A thrilling mafia romance from author Shanjida Nusrath Ali. I was instantly drawn to this book after reading the blurb and I'm happy I got the opportunity to read it. Emotion, drama, action, this story had it all and kept me glued to the pages. Theia and Lucifer take us on a wild ride. Their relationship is a whirlwind. Dangerous situations, secrets, lies and deceit are all wonderfully woven together. An enduring dark mafia romance. A well-scripted and easy to follow story with engaging and inte ...more
Aririshikokuto
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The most emotional mafia romance that I have read until today. I just pick this book blindly not expecting anything but it put me in emotional state💔💔. The plot going back and forth between past and present. Lucifer and Theia past purely innocent and heart warming, they become friends and slowly turn to lover and both endure so much pain when they are young. They complete each other but every love story have some twist. It has mafia drama but more to MCs love/feeling for each other. I do not exp ...more

• Crossfire (Rarissime, #1)
  • The Initiation (The 4 Horsemen, #1)
  • Shattered
  • Omertà - A Very Mafioso Christmas
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Hello Stranger
  • Schooled (NYC Doms #4.5)
  • Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)
  • Clam Jam
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella, #1)
  • Quarantined (Quarantine #1)
  • The Pool Boy (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Wicked Favor (The Wicked Horse Vegas, #1)
  • My Fiance's Dad (Forbidden Fantasies, #1)
  • Bang: Suck, Bang & Blow
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • Sick Fux
  • Shallow River
See top shelves…
Shanjida Nusrath Ali is a student by day and an aspiring independent author by night. Known for her debut dark romance, Destroyed (Dark Love Duet #1), she loves to write about characters going through a dark and rough path to love with consequences at every turn and come out stronger in time. Her characters and story mostly focus on society and physical abuse, showing a heartbreaking journey for h ...more