Start by marking “Gideon (Boyfriend For Hire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gideon (Boyfriend For Hire, #3)

Gideon

(Boyfriend for Hire #3)

A snowy cabin with one bed? That’s only the first step toward Gideon falling in love.

Gideon is too old to be fought over at Christmas by divorced parents who should know better. The prospect of a Christmas on his own is better than having to face either of them. When Rowan hires him for a wintery break in Maine, it seems like a safe choice until his PA’s meddling family s
Published November 6th 2020 by Love Lane Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Gideon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gideon

Start your review of Gideon (Boyfriend For Hire, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Gideon is the third book in the Boyfriend for Hire series by RJ Scott and Meredith Russell. This can be read as a stand alone. I have not read either of the previous books in the series. What a sweet surprise this book turned out to be. There was even a point towards the end where my eyes got all hot and misty.

two border collies - Google Search

Gideon Bryant is forty three years old and is owner of Bryant & Waites, Boyfriend for hire. His PA for the last seven years has been Rowan Phillips, a man who does his job to perfection.
Cadiva
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is another delightful entry in this fake boyfriends/boyfriends for hire series from Rj and Meredith.

However, there's a twist, because this romance gives us boss Gideon's entanglement with his PA Rowan and it's been clear there's been something brewing between the two of them for years.

When Rowan decides to ask Gideon to come to spend Christmas with this family as he's fed up of being the only one of his adopted siblings without a significant other, the path is set for a series of encounters
R.J.
Jul 01, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)

Pre-Order: Available NOW - rjscott.co.uk/read-gideon

Release Date: November 6 2020
Lelyana
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, mm, arc

I really liked Rowan and Gideon's dynamic, especially when they're realized that they're actually have had the feeling since they first met, that seven years ago.
But Gideon is the kind of boss who's never cross the line between boss and his PA. And he had a story he needed to tell Rowan about his past.
This is a very low angst to none romance, with family bunch and a bunch of dogs, and a full chaotic family holiday, and Gideon trapped in the middle of it. And never been happier.
And a dog called D
Ruth Kamau
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
By far the best in this series😍😍😍

Can’t wait for the next book
Faye K
❤ A beautiful story for Rowan and Gideon. I'd read this as a standalone as this is book 3 of the series.
A good start with celebrations but Gideon thinks too much instead of enjoying himself.
Rowan is adorable when he drunk a little to much. Rowan hires Gideon for the Christmas holiday break to Maine. A Christmas with the family means a lot of dogs to and just maybe a few hot kisses too. I had to laugh everytime Rowan got fired and rehired..they definitely know each other. Oh and the scene with t
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

Asking one's boss to accompany him on a trip home for the holidays might seem a bit strange, but in Rowan's case, it works out with amazing results.

Gideon has been attracted to his quick witted, snarky PA for ages now, but he knows better than to mix business with pleasure. But when Rowan asks him for a little pretend, he can't say no. Will the mistletoe and the warmth of Rowan's family be too much for the walls around Gideon's heart to bear?

This is such a sweet, fun holiday story! I l
Ali
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I enjoyed this and that fact that I haven't read the others in the series didn't take away from that enjoyment. Rowan is adorable and really wants to do anything he can to make others happy. Gideon doesn't really feel that he can have feelings or know how to process them based on how he grew up but seeing Rowan's family really helps to open his eyes to what a family can be, not the stressed filled lot he has. These two are so sweet with each other and I love that all they want to do is make the ...more
Karen
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down because...still no 1/2 stars here on GR

I’ve been curious about Gideon since the first book in this series…which really only makes sense since he’s the boss at Bryant & Waites along with Rowan his PA. While we’ve seen glimpses of both these men in the previous stories this one throws them both into the spotlight and we not only get to see their romance in the making, we find out a whole lot more about each of them as the story progresses.

As Rowan’s preparing to go home
Carra
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve been wanting Rowan’s story since I read the first book in this series, so it made me a happy camper to find out we’d be getting it here…and with Gideon! Rowan’s outgoing, more edgy style complements Gideon’s more reserved demeanor; the only real question was WHY Rowan would need to hire him.

The two of them are mostly opposites, both in personality and upbringing. They are each attracted to the other, but both share their hesitancy in possibly damaging their work relationship. So of course t
Ariana
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely little novella, with all the ingredients you’d expect of a Christmas story in a measured way:

- A cute romance, in this case for two more ‘mature’ MCs.
- Family and the usual Christmas chaos.
- Wooden cabins in the forest.
- Snow.
- Dogs! All four of them!

I really enjoyed Gideon and Rowan, who fall for each other (or, to be exact, fell for each other a long time ago) but need to get past their boss/PA status to make things work. This was fun and hot, too!

My first Christmas novella t
Amy Dufera
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Gideon, the third book in the Boyfriend for Hire series is a sweet and tender holiday read by RJ Scott and Meredith Russell. It can easily be read as a standalone.

This time around, we get the romance between the owner of Boyfriend for Hire, and his PA. After having a kiss during a wedding they attended, now they are off to spend the holidays with Rowan's family.

It's beautiful the way Rowan's family embraces Gideon. Having never been close to his family, this is the first time Gideon f
Jay
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kebb, holiday, mm-romance
Something has been brewing at Bryant & Waites for years and the holiday season brings it all into the light. Gideon, the third book in the Boyfriend for Hire series by RJ Scott & Meredith Russell, is just what you expect from a sweet holiday tale. Though it is part of a series, it can easily be read as a standalone.

Gideon Bryant, the owner of Bryant & Waites’ Boyfriend for Hire, is forty-three years old. The holiday season is nothing but stress for him. His divorced parents cause the divide abou
LeeAnn
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been anxiously awaiting this story since the first Boyfriend for Hire book. The chemisty between Gideon and his amazing PA Rowan was off the charts...even though neither would admit it to the other. We, the reader , could see it. I dont understand how those two didn't see it from the other.
Anywho! Thank goodness for Christmas and close proximity. Not to mention amazing family...people and big, lumbering, probably still thinks he is a pup, and other dog, buds!
This was a low angst, high che
Amy
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gideon spends all of his time working and making the agency of Bryant and Waites successful. Rowan is the PA that keeps in grounded and in line. Gideon is determined to hide away for another Christmas holiday and avoid his family when Rowan talks him into going home with him instead. He really has no idea what he is in for when he meets Rowan’s loud and loving family. Rowan just wanted to get Gideon out and away and hopefully help him relax, not knowing if anything would ever actually happen. He ...more
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
It was a pleasure to read this delightful, heartwarming MM romance. This plot is well-written & really entertaining with a mild emotional undertone. The characters continue to develop throughout the story-line to become emotional strong individuals who love each other. There is good support from the secondary characters.
It is about: a rather grumpy male boss (Gideon Bryant) with manipulative divorced parents is actually invited by his full of life PA (Rowan Phillips) to accompany him to Rowan’s
E.Muddle
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another delightful instalment in the boyfriend for hire series, this time with a little twist in that it focuses on the boss, Gideon, and his relationship with his PA, Rowan. There is also no fake boyfriend trope; Rowan instead hires Gideon to accompany him as a friend to his family's Christmas. Gideon and Rowan have both been feeling a mutual attraction for years, and being in close proximity at Christmas time is finally enough to stop them from remaining so professional... There is steam and h ...more
Lustfulcat
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Kirsty
What a lovely story!

Rowan is Gideon’s PA, they’ve always had a spark but never acted on it. Rowan decides to ‘hire’ Gideon as a friend and take him home to his family’s Christmas celebrations.

Once their grumpy Gideon begins to relax and the bond between them strengthens. They both briefly worry how acting on their romantic feelings for each other will affect their working relationship but ultimately decide it’s worth the risk to find their HEA.

Their story is sweet and full of vulnerable moment b
RandomHeart
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun holiday read

This is my first boyfriend for hire book but I will definitely be going back to catch up. Grumpy/sunshine forced proximity boss/employee there were several of my favorite tropes in this light hearted low angst read and they came together well. I loved Rowan he was a snarky cinnamon roll you just love to eat up and Gideon was working hard to find excuses to keep him at arms length but a little family holiday trip was all it took! Nice read for the holidays!
Lyndsay TC
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gideon and Rowan had an unrequited love situation going on as the two worked together for years but refused to address their attraction to one another. This story was cute and pretty perfect for the holiday season.
Robazizo
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, xmas
While the story was nice objectively, I somehow had a problem really connecting with the main characters and their romance. I guess I just didn't feel the chemistry and tension between them. Rowan's family, while good for Gideon, felt a bit like a caricature of the quintessential quirky family. So overall, this was OK, but forgettable.
Liya
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adorable, no angst holiday story. Gideon (43) and Rowan (37), a boss and his PA, work together for 7 years. There is definitely something between them but both prefer to ignore it in fear of loosing what they already have. Then one Christmas together changes everything and they decide to take a risk. Friends/collegues to lovers transition is believable and sweet. I liked how Gideon and Rowan opened up to each other, were not afraid to be vulnerable and were honest about their feelings.
Rowan's fa
Laurel Looney
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great Boyfriend for Hire story. This is such a great series. Gideon and Rowans story is so sweet. It’s definitely a must read and a one click.
Shelley
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is a sweet, easy and funny read that had me smiling from start to finish. Excellent addition to the series.

Looking for a comfort read with humour and two men who are so adorably inside their own heads then look no further. Ahhh! These two are so cute I wanted to knock their heads together. Gideon is the owner of the Boyfriend for Hire company and Rowan is his PA and what follows is a lovely story of two men overcoming their Individual insecurities and finding love and family over the Christma
Larissa
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
*3.5 stars*
Gideon is the third installment in the Boyfriend for Hire series and can be read as a standalone. This whole series is premised on the fake boyfriend trope, which is one of my personal favorites, although Gideon is less about convincing others of the boyfriend ruse, than Rowan convincing Gideon that they should be boyfriends for real. It’s a cute, low-angst, heartwarming story of love and acceptance, and it’s particularly lovely to see Rowan’s family, how they are so open, loving and
Amy Stauffer
First off, you need to know that this book can absolutely be read as a stand-alone. This is the first book, in this series, that I’ve read. However, I did just now purchased book one and two. This book was soooo good, that I knew I wanted to read the others. It does include a wedding scene, with the grooms being the main characters of one of the other books, and a few other characters are mentioned. Not knowing much about those men doesn’t affect your ability to enjoy this book. It’s only a smal ...more
Charlotte
I generally only read a couple of Christmas stories each year... I'm one of those grinchy people that can only do "so" much Christmas spirit! I'm glad this was one of the books that I chose. 2020 has been a challenging year and this book was exactly what I needed.

This is the best kind of love story. Rowan is Gideon's personal assistant. He loves his job and he's really good at it. More than that, he enjoys being with his boss. Even though they have a strictly professional relationship, Rowan wou
ButtonsMom2003
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
I loved Gideon and Rowan; such as sweet story!

I've enjoyed all of the books in this series but this one is now my favorite. I'm a sucker for boss/employee stories and I also enjoy reading books about older guys; Gideon ticks both of those boxes for me.

Gideon is kind of the typical grumpy boss while Rowan is the PA who keeps him on track and sane. There's a spark of something between them but neither will admit it or act on it, until… Rowan hires Gideon to come home with him for Christmas.

Rowan k
Stephanie W
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reader's Note: This standalone book is the third installment of the Boyfriend for Hire series. I have not read the first two and look forward to doing so.

An employee hiring his boss for Christmas. What could possibly go wrong?

Gideon did not really like the idea of spending the holidays with his parents. Suddenly being alone became so much more appealing. After all, were there any other offers available that didn't include solitary holiday cheer? Turns out, there was. Just completely unexpected
« previous 1 3 next »

• All Screwed Up
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Tempt Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #5)
  • Midnight Ash
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • A Growl, a Roar, and a Purr (Lions & Tigers & Bears #1)
  • Catch Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #4)
  • Tease Me (Rebel Mechanics #1)
  • Collaring Chaz (Dante's Infernal #2)
  • Taming Dante (Dante's Infernal #1)
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Free Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #3)
  • The Snow Prince
  • Saxon's Savior (Protect and Serve, #3)
  • Topping the Jock (Blue Harbor #1)
  • Prince of the Playhouse (Love in Laguna, #3)
  • Winter Wonders
  • Hard Ink (Get Ink'd #4)
RJ Scott is a USA TODAY bestselling author of over 140 romance and suspense novels. From bodyguards to hockey stars, princes to millionaires, cowboys to military, she believes that love is love and every man deserves their own happy ending.

Find RJ here: Amazon | BookBub | Facebook - Also, Never miss a release

Boyfriend for Hire (4 books)
  • Darcy (Boyfriend for Hire, #1)
  • Kaden (Boyfriend for Hire #2)
  • Jared