Start by marking “Lineage (Deity Rising, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lineage (Deity Rising, #1)

Lineage

(Deity Rising #1)

Second Edition* – Previously Published as Legacy

A kingdom will forever be corrupted until the rightful king is chosen.

Tension is high among the kingdoms of Alimphis and information about the past is prohibited. The Kingsley royal line has lived under restrictive rules from the deities, Emoris and Lathil, but the royal family also holds a great secret.

Prince Faust has kept
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition
Published July 7th 2020 by Zurr Sol (first published September 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Lineage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lineage

Start your review of Lineage (Deity Rising, #1)
Micah
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Did not finish. I wanted to like this book so hard. I really did. Especially because this book has diversity in its characters. BUT I really couldn’t get past the writing style. While reading I felt like it was constantly going from A to C, skipping B & not explaining how we ended up where we’re at. Or we’re in a scene with 3+ men. The author would refer to a character as “he” ok, which he are we talking about? I had to keep rereading because I thought I was following 1 character & it end up bei ...more
Lily
This book was filled with magic, swords, guns and a devilishly handsome mercenary. That being said the plot was rather boring. Halfway through the book things got especially stale. For me this book fails as both adventure and romance. There is never any tension, sexual or otherwise. I also felt a bit confused by this whole 'deity' aspect. At times they spoke of them as powerful and immortal gods other times just as regular men who could be defeated and die. I do not plan to continue this series. ...more
Em
Dec 07, 2018 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, mm
DNF 23%

This seemed like it had all the elements to be a great fantasy adventure but ended up falling flat for me. The writing style itself was also pretty annoying with its constant switches in point of view from one character to another within the same paragraph.
Pandora  Phoenix
Fantastic book. Cliffhanger ending leaves me impatient for 2019!
Janeylou
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0000-sh-recs
Eli Breakstop-Kings
Okay

Cool world building and interesting characters all about. The writing started really well and I was hooked almost immediately. I liked the overall idea of the story and definitely want to see this author grow and do more. I was also really into the name choices. Most were pretty memorable, and the handful that were very similar did a good job of pushing those secondary characters to the back of my mind.
Unfortunately, that writing skill suddenly dropped off after the first few chapters.
The ma
Lie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbc-series
Was chugging down the story like water. Glug, bch! Very exciting and fast paced plot, wanted to know more and more and more. Lots of magic and swords, with a touch of steampunk!!
Rly liked the change of pace when Faust ended up back in Limorous. Terrance was my fave character and Lathil seemed like the more interesting villain, maybe bcz his real goals are still shrouded in mystery, or are they just so simple really?
Curious what's this black and gold!!! Gimme, gimme more, gimme more, gimme more l
Kristy Johnston
I enjoyed this story although I had several issues with it. I agree with the reviewer that requested a glossary. There were a lot of characters thrown into this world and I had a hard time keeping them all straight. I also had some issues understanding which character was doing or saying what when the writing referred to “he”, “deity”, “king”, “Blessed”, “servant of power”, etc. because there were a lot of characters that fit that reference, sometimes in the same room or same scene.

I also had a
Amber
This book threw a lot at me at one time, and at times it felt confusing. By the end of the book I was finally starting to get comfortable with the world although there were things that still confused me. I felt like the author wasn't sure whether the Deities were actually all powerful or just people with special powers. (view spoiler) ...more
C.
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
How many times can you have a character use 'gorgeous' in place of another character's name before they start to sound sleazy? The answer is probably somewhere between zero and one, but the author clearly isn't aware of that.

This is just more of the usual M/M fantasy garbage that authors pump out and receive misleadingly high reviews for because 'oH mY gOsH rEpReSeNtAtIoN,' despite the work being akin to bad fan fiction.

But hey, unlike most other M/M fantasy, the author's writing is actually eas
Austin
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this

I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the sequel. While I loved the story and characters, it did feel at times like I was a little lost, and the writing style had me rereading entire pages to find my footing with what was happening. I also think a glossary and character index would've helped more than once.

Those things aside, I really did like this book and would recommend it for those who enjoy the genre. Pretty solid!
Amy Carranza
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!!!

I loved this book. It took a little while to figure out what was going on, but then I was hooked. I read this book based off the one review that it had and I am glad I did. It's suspenseful with a little bit of sexiness. If you like some fantasy m/m this a book for you. Can't wait for the next one to come out so I can find out what happens!!! Its going to be a long night!!!!!!
Whitney
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Lots of Action

This book had a lot of action. One thing I think this book really needs is a glossary. A lot of terms were introduced in the book with very little explanation. Also, there were so many characters to keep track of. I'm still a little lost to be honest. So, in the next book, please include a glossary.
Joscelyn Smith
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Brilliant

This was some amazing sword and sorcery fantasy. It had an amazing cast of characters, an engaging storyline, and top notch world building. I cannot wait to read the next book in Faust's adventure.
Erick
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept me awake until 4:00 am that should tell you something!
Kristy Maitz
Even if It's a complex story plot, I sill think thst something is missing. Maybe an explanation for the world we are reading about. So it is a good read but still nothing special.
Sathepine Marco
A somewhat confusing but enjoyable adventure

(This is a revised review as felt I needed to streamline my previous review and also be a bit less negative as I did have fun reading this book and even got myself a copy of the sequel.)

I can see the anime and video game influences in this story, even from the way the characters react and behave... or it could be just my imagination. The world-building and magic-wielding are quite amazing here, however, I can’t seem to fully grasp the ranking system i
Johnny
Sep 14, 2018
Ira Rus
Oct 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • Luckless
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • The Fantastic Fluke
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • His Consort (House of Maedoc, #1)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Frostbite (The Gifted Ones, #1)
  • Shifting Shadows (Metal and Magic, #1)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • Teeth (The Icefjord Saga, #1)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • Winter Rising (Coldharbour Chronicles #1)
Kilian Grey is an author and artist who used to wield a sword, must have had a familiar or dragon, and hoarded all the books on magic in her past life. While living in California, Kilian obtained bachelor’s degrees in Japanese and Multimedia to expand her knowledge. She then started a business to publish her works. When Kilian is not writing, she enjoys gaining experience points through drawing, r ...more

Deity Rising (3 books)
  • Allegiance (Deity Rising, #2)
  • Sovereign (Deity Rising, #3)