Start by marking “Blackbirch: The Dark Half (Blackbirch #2)” as Want to Read:
Blackbirch: The Dark Half (Blackbirch #2)

Blackbirch: The Dark Half (Blackbirch #2)

Now that the origins of his power have been revealed, Josh Taylor’s search for answers continues with the arrival of Kallie—a girl he thought only existed in his dreams.

Running from her own secrets, she shows Josh how to use his gift in ways he didn’t know were possible. But, as they push the limits of their abilities, they discover there are consequences to messing with m
Published July 17th 2020 by K.M. Allan

To ask other readers questions about Blackbirch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackbirch

Start your review of Blackbirch: The Dark Half (Blackbirch #2)
Naomi Shippen
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series, Blackbirch: The Beginning and enjoyed once again succumbing to the magickal world of Blackbirch in the second book in this series. This time, we learn more about the history of the characters and the way magick works for each of them. It is certainly an intricate system and I loved the way that nobody knew what powers anyone else had until they saw them.

K.M. Allan has a great YA voice and there is always plenty of action. All the twists and turns kept me gu
Emilie Morscheck
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling sequel that is packed with action, adventure and new mysteries.
Amelia Oz
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of the first Blackbirch novel (Blackbirch: The Beginning|50614212] I relished the return of Josh Taylor's search for answers and the atmospheric town he lives in. In Book 2, it was very satisfying to have more revelations (no spoilers but Kallie is such a surprising character and the "The Dark half" really means the "The DARK half") and for Josh to begin to use his gifts and trust his own insights. The imminent danger you felt in the first book is ratcheted up with an even bigger foe an ...more
A Davis
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
K.M. Allan is the Queen of cliffhangers! The end of this novel blew my mind. But back to the beginning...The Dark Half picks up from where The Beginning left off, a really satisfying transition between the two Blackbirch stories. This addition to the series gives more depth to the characters, and is just as beautifully vivid as I expected. There's alot of action and tension throughout. Experiencing Josh's growth and discovery of power is exciting and so satisfying. Max I adore, he represents the ...more
Felix Dimaro
May 07, 2021 rated it liked it
“The Dark Half” is book two of the “Blackbirch” series by K.M. Allan. And while I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I did the first, there were still plenty of fun, action-packed and tension filled moments in the story.

The main characters play well off each other, and the author makes it easy to imagine being in their situation, getting into spots of trouble here and there but with witchcraft and evil sorcerers involved.

The Dark Half is classified as Young Adult fiction, but I felt as though it w
Laurie Bell
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The twists just keep on coming. There are new enemies, new mysteries, new secrets and new friends. And not everyone is telling the truth. The dark half explores what is dark in all of us. Everyone has two sides. What they show to the world and what they keep hidden. Well, what if you saw both sides?

Book two jumps in where book one left off. Josh has come into his magic but is desperate to learn more about it. Kallie, the girl he thought only existed in his dreams, is real and has come to show hi
Bryan Fagan
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
For those who read book 1, book 2 is a smooth transition.

K.M. Allan is really good with plot twists, creating fun characters and catching us off guard. The characters were lovable and relatable. K.M. writes with such confidence. It’s clear she is on her way to becoming an established author.

You will enjoy the magic but most of all you will enjoy the characters chemistry. They tug at your heart while keeping your heart racing.

This is such a fun series.
TJ Edwards
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, what a rollercoaster that was! A blistering pace set up like an action movie, Blackbirch: The Dark Half is an intense ride from the word go. Seamlessly picking up where Blackbirch: The Beginning ended off, this book is sure to steer away from your expectations while also delivering what makes sense within the story itself. Certainly an enjoyable read, but now I have to wait for the next one!
Emma
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark and compelling - K.M. Allan sure knows how to spin a tale. We return to Blackbirch, as Kallie Jacobs arrives to teach Josh more about his powers and to warn him of an ominous evil that is heading for the town. Relationships are tangled in the experience, and we discover many dark secrets about the past and the nature of magick. A fast-paced, mysterious and enjoyable read.
Sarah Maxwell
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic sequel to Blackbirch: The Beginning. Once again, the world of Blackbirch is brought to life by K.M. Allan, an author who knows how to engage her readers. The world building is fabulous and the characters likeable. We're invested in them and their journey. A difficult book to put down and the last page leaves you looking forward to the next installment. Highly recommend. ...more
Belinda Grant
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book so much, it was lovely to return to Blackbirch and particularly to dive into Kallie's backstory. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and I loved seeing the mysteries come together. But can I have book 3 please? Yesterday? 🤣 ...more
Veronica Strachan
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark and devious

There's action, romance, and mystery for our young protagonist, Josh in the town of Blackbirch as he learns more about his unusual magick, and explores friendship and first love. Allan takes this second book in the series through some unexpectedly dark and devious twists, with betrayal and lust for power driving a sharp plot.
And the hooks are well and truly in for the third volume, with unanswered mysteries and a quest to fulfil for Josh and his friends.
A great read.
Katya Dibb
May 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
After the cliff-hanger of book one, how could you not be hanging out for book two?

Excited to see all the gang again as their adventure deepens and more mystery abounds. A lot of my questions from book one were answered but new ones woven in through an exciting witchy adventure mean I'm now dying for book three - why do you keep doing this do us, K.M?!

Definitely worth picking up if you enjoyed book one and want to know more about the magic that binds Josh and Kallie together.
David
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific!!

This story was a whirlwind. So many surprises and twists. Well done K.M.! I cannot wait for the next book. I highly recommend this to everyone! What a terrific story! It was so nice to visit Blackbirch again.
roseawall
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love reading more about Blackbirch and the characters that live here. This one is just as interesting as the first one
Lorraine Ambers
Feb 04, 2021
KT
Jul 30, 2020
K.M. Allan
Jul 01, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Helen Edwards
Jun 11, 2021
Donna Allan
Jul 07, 2020

• The Survivors
  • Operation: Sugarplum (Drosselmeier Industries #1)
  • Piranesi
  • A Sunset in Sydney (Holiday Romance Book 3)
  • Grown Ups
  • The Chain
  • The Last Voyage of Mrs Henry Parker
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • The Mother Fault
  • Damaged (Kate Lange #1)
  • Wall of Silence
  • Boy Swallows Universe
  • The Alien's Allegiance (Norakian Warrior, #1)
  • In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)
  • Please Don't Hug Me
  • Beneath the Surface (Outsider Project #1)
  • Attending Virtual School: A Book About Learning Online
  • The Silent Wife (Will Trent, #10)
K.M. Allan is an identical twin, but not the evil one. She started her career penning beauty articles for a hairstyling website and now powers herself with chocolate and green tea while she writes novels and blogs about writing.

When she’s not creating YA stories full of hidden secrets, nightmares, and powerful magic, she likes to read, binge-watch too much TV, spend time with family, and take more

News & Interviews