Start by marking “The Other Man (Rose Gold #1)” as Want to Read:
The Other Man (Rose Gold #1)

The Other Man

(Rose Gold #1)

Months. I had been looking for Nina Astor for months.
Ever since she gave me one red-hot night and disappeared into the city.
The woman was a phantom, and I was obsessed.

Now she's back in my life, as real as ever.
And completely unattainable.

Because Nina Astor is beyond off-limits.
Daughter of a dynasty.
Cousin of New York's most notorious billionaire.
Married to the scum of the
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 461 pages
Published June 1st 2020 by Raglan Publishing (first published March 9th 2020)

Start your review of The Other Man (Rose Gold #1)
TheSassyNerdBlog
This isn't my first book by this author... Nicole French has become a favorite of mine over the last few months and I've been excited about this release and I wasn't disappointed. I went into it not exactly knowing what to expect but I knew it would be emotional... Because that's what this author does.

The author managed to break my heart, put it back together again, only to break it all over again. I'm not sure whether I want to scream and cry, curse this author out or give her a hug. I did NOT
Joy Westerfield
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure where or how to start with my review for this book. My emotions are literally all over the place. My heart has been broken, put back together and broken again. Some words that do come to mind about this story of Matthew & Nina are incredible, phenomenal, brilliant but mostly, the best word to describe this is epic. If you have read the Spitfire Series and the Quicksilver Series, then you were introduced to Matthew Zola and knew he had to have his own story. Not that you have to rea ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Money can buy you many things but it can’t buy Nina Astor De Vries Gardner the things she’s always needed in life! Living in a pent house, in one of the most expensive cities in the world Nina wants for nothing or so it may seem but what no one else sees is the deep pain, the bone chilling sadness and the absolute loneliness she carries around day in and day out! She was a beauty laying amongst the shadows! She is a nobody in the world of rich men! That is until one fateful night! One night wher ...more
Victoria Weston
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never read a book by this author before and I thought that this book was written fantastically. I defiantly was not disappointed and I really like the way that this author writes.
This book is the first in this Rose Gold series and I cant wait to read the next installment.

Rose Gold #1

Matthew is really one of the good guys, a really decent, loyal, genuine sexy human being and he's also extremely over protective which is always beautiful to see. He knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to g
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I loved it! Honestly it took me a little bit to get into it but once I did I couldn’t put it down. The characters and the writing were so real. The angst between Matthew and Nina was off the charts! I loved all the supporting characters, especially Matthew’s meddling sisters and his niece and nephews! I do feel like I missed a little background not having read Eric and Jane’s story but I will definitely go back and read them! The interesting thing about this book is that it was from the perspect ...more
Janet Taggart Baldwin
I have been anxiously anticipating this book since reading The Scarlet Night Prequel, heck, since reading the Quicksilver Trilogy when I first met Detective Matthew Zola. I was so glad when I found out he was going to get his own book!

Nina Astor de Vries Gardner is a beautiful socialite who was raised with every advantage except love. She is trapped in a loveless marriage with Calvin Gardner, an abusive weasel who has been described as a wheel of gouda and a moldy meatball.

Matthew hasn't been a
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Shelves: arcs
Do you have your one-click finger warmed up? You're going to need it on this one! EVERY STAR AND THEN SOME! Nina and Zola knocked my socks off! The way this author pulls you into her stories is amazing. Never thought I would like a book where one of the mains cheated. Threw that theory out the window. The way this story reads is very film noir in my head. In my mind, Zola was very Sinatra/Humphrey Bogart type charm. Old school classy but so HOT. Nina was all demure until Zola dirtied her up like ...more
Jacquelyn M.
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so many feels! Nicole French has an amazing ability to find raw emotions, and play with/torture her readers’ hearts. Book 1 of the Rose Gold trilogy will have you all over the place, both loving and hating the characters (ultimately loving them though), and wanting them to have their HEA. Of course, just like life things aren’t always easy and they’ll have their obstacles to overcome. I can’t wait until the next book, “The Perfect Woman” to come out this summer!

To everyone around him, Matthew
My Own Bookshelves
Review to come. I feel like I need to finish the others. But Matthew *sigh*
Elsie
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok here we go! I finished The Other Man yesterday but I needed some time to put my ideas together before writing my review. But don't misunderstand my waiting, I'm officially in love with this book. As always Nicole did an amazing job, beautiful characters, you can't help but love and her descriptions are so amazing you feel like you're there with them.

We meet Matthew as a friend of Skylar in the Spitfire series, he then comes back helping Jane and Eric in the Quicksilver series with their main
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
I have been dying for more of Matthew and Nina since reading The Scarlet Night. That little novella caught me hook, line and sinker. The Other Man is the first book in their story and it was brilliant, beautiful and completely addicting.

It is hard not to love Matthew. He’s hardworking, determined and the man knows what he wants and he isn’t afraid to go after it. Plus, the man is super protective. He’s the only man in his family and the way he looks after his sisters is great. I love the sense
Rachel Talavera
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was BRILLIANT!!
Perfection.
I love Zola. He was a favorite secondary character of mine for the longest!!
The secrets in this book!!
I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK.
Coco.V
Sep 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (9/12/2020)! 🎁
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Unfortunately, this was a DNF for me. I found the plot really slow and it just didn't hold my attention. It was such a shame because the synopsis really caught my eye and I was expecting so much more. I also find the writing style hard to gel with, so this may be a case of it's not you, but it's me. ...more
Shades of Rebecca
I can't believe how this story developed! Oh my goodness, it was soo good! I pulled an all-nighter because I just couldn't stop reading. I thought I knew what to expect based on the prequel The Scarlet Night and the snippets of Matthew and Nina we got in Jane in the Quicksilver series but NO. No no no this was something else entirely. The chemistry and their relationship altogether was out of the world. It's the kind of story where you just want to eliminate anything that stands in the way of th ...more
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

What a great book! After reading Scarlet Night, I was eager to read the rest of Matthew and Nina's story, and the author did not disappoint. They have such great chemistry and they both fulfill a need in the other. I can't wait for the next instalment in the Rose Gold series.

The Other Man by Nicole French is a MUST read and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!
Elaine
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicole French, you slay me with every word you write!! This book takes you on one hellva rollercoaster ride every emotion you can think of was in this book!
Nina and Matthew continue their affair but at what cost!! Will their souls be damaged along the way or will there finally be some kind of break through by the end of the book?
Flo Grugel
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start to the series. Looking forward to see what happens between Nina and Matthew in the next installment!
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
The silver lining to this lockdown is that I have finally time to review some books.

The Other Man is the first book in the new Rose Gold series, although there is also a novella that introduces us to the characters and their relationship with each other.
I had the honor to read a beta version of this book, and was super excited to get an early sneak peek.
I had always been curious about Zola because he's been a constant secondary character since the very first series, the Spitfire series, and I li
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
The Other Man is filled with suspense, drama and an inside look into a man who falls into an obsession with a married woman. As the title implies this book does involve cheating, but perhaps you've always wondered what is was like on the flipside to "be the other man".

Matthew Zota seems to have a penchant for married women, that is at least how he meet Nina Gardner. Being a single man in New York you'd think he'd have no trouble finding a single gal, but somehow the taken ones seemed to end up i
Karin
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am already on pins and needles waiting for the next one!! This book brought out so many different emotions in me I lost count but one thing that never wavered was how much I adored Matthew. Matthew has a penchant for women who are unavailable and he doesn’t mind cause he is a bachelor through and through but that changes after one night with Nina. They both can’t stop obsessing about that one perfect night and know they can’t be together but Matthew doesn’t care and nothing will stop him from ...more
Tammy
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Right from the first page - this book had me.

Loved the story of Matthew and Nina, they are so very good for each other. He was raised with manners, by his grandparents; she was brought up by her grandmother, with impeccable manners. She genuinely cares for him, but she is taken. He loves her so much, he’s willing to be ‘The Other Man’.

This story brings us along on their journey to find love, whilst trying to help her cousin and wife get some justice for the crimes committed by a truly evil man
Andrea Thompson
Reading other reviews I realize I have a LOT of catching up to do, but I read this as the starting point for these characters and understood clearly what was going on.

Matthew. Matthew. Matthew. He's everything you could want in a book boyfriend. Nina has her own demons, and they are many. There's a mystery around this 'couple' that is hard to ignore and the author beautifully brings it all together in the telling!

So glad to have accidentally found this author - I'll be snapping up the rest of he
Teresa Trahan
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the love story between Nina and Matthew, a lot of the story was a overlap of a another book, although I guess in order to understand the relationship it may have been necessary. Good writing though from Nicole French, just wished it had left out the overlap. That being said it was a great story.
Nicole Neal
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished The Other Man and I'm utterly speechless. I feel like I just got off the very best roller coaster with Nicole French at the helm. I had previously read both the Spitfire and Quiksilver series by Nicole French where I had believed I had come to know Matthew and Nina fairly well. Boy, was I wrong! The development and complexity of these characters in The Other Man was amazing!

Matthew and Nina come from completely different backgrounds. He's an ADA in Brooklyn and she's a Manhattan
Meghan Cavalier
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nicole French is going to kill me. Seriously how does someone write a book with so much emotion and longing and frustration! I would read a chapter and be so frustrated and then put it down only to pick it up again because I needed to know what happened next. She was throwing crumbs of information at me the entire book and I WAS LOSING IT. I am so excited for the next one but also how much am I going to want to chuck my kindle across the room?
Jennifer D.
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really struggled getting into this book. I knew what to expect after reading The Scarlet Room but it was still hard to watch Zola pine after a married woman. I would get so frustrated with why he couldn't just move on from his night with Nina. The more into the book I got, the more I understood why. Nina and Matthew have such an intense connection and crazy hot chemistry. Ultimately, they can only fight it for so long. I can't wait to find out more about Nina's marriage and why she can't leave ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Matthew Zola is in love with someone who's off limits to him. Someone with whom he shared one special night. But he's promised to stay away from her. Will he keep his promise?

Zola is just...all I can say is I love him! Dirty, dirty man with a heart of a gentleman who can't have the one he loves. And Nina was his equal. Sort of timid but deceptively strong. I love these two together, and even though the cliffhanger drove me batty, I cannot wait for the second part of their story.

ARC v
Arabesque
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hot and cold. Back and forth. That’s the relationship between Nina and Matthew.
Book is 99% from Matthew POV and what’s odd Nina’s POV is written in third person.
Well written story hands down. Off to read next instalment.
Ann Kelly-Uhryn
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Other Man (Rose Gold #1) by Nicole French

The Scarlet Night Prequel brought us a scorching night between Nina Astor de Vries Gardner and ADA Matthew Zola. We are introduced to their intense attraction.

The Other Man I knew that we'd be getting an amazing story from Nicole French, and I knew that she'd rip our hearts out with her signature angst.

This story ripped my heart out. It made me question what I would do if I was in Zola's shoes. What would you settle for if you found your soulmate and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Love Trap (Quicksilver #3)
  • Dragon Lost (Dark Kings #16.5)
  • Flawless Foundations (A 425 Madison Novel, #14)
  • After the Fall (The Fallen Men, #4)
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
  • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys #2)
  • Breathless
  • Great and Precious Things
  • King of Lies (Empire of Lies, #1)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Almost Perfect
  • The Best Friend Bargain (Inked Love, #1)
  • Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love
  • Brutal & Raw (Beneventi Family, #1)
  • Just One Year
  • The Cruelest Stranger

Nicole French is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She's also a hopeless romantic, low key fashion addict, and total bookworm.

Keep up with Nicole French and receive your FREE copy of one of her books when you subscribe to her newsletter: bit.ly/NicoleFrenchNewsletter

When not writing, she i

Rose Gold (4 books)
  • The Scarlet Night (Rose Gold, #0.5)
  • The Perfect Woman (Rose Gold #2)
  • The Honest Affair (Rose Gold #3)

News & Interviews

“Sometimes it’s good for a person to get a little mad. You can’t bottle everything up forever. Otherwise the glass breaks. And everyone gets hit by the shards.” 0 likes