Start by marking “Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)” as Want to Read:
Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)

Pretty When She Cries

(Black Mountain Academy)

Release Date:

October 23, 2020

Your first kiss is supposed to be sweet. Ours was baptized in fire.

I was the new girl trying to find her place.

Landon was the brooding neighbor I tutored over the summer.

I didn’t know he was a legend at Black Mountain Academy.

I didn’t know they worshipped him like a religion.

But I fell for him before I knew those things.

To me, he was just the
Published October 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Pretty When She Cries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty When She Cries

Start your review of Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
Crystal Bell
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't met an A. Zavaerlli's book I didn't love. She is differently my go-to and queen of Bully, enemies to lovers Romance. Pretty When She Cries exceeded my expectations. She created such a great bad boy and a sexy heroine. There may be some triggers for some people as Pretty when she cries does hit some sensitive subjects.

Pretty When She Cries is full of heartbreak, betrayal, angst, lies, obsession, misunderstandings, along with miscommunication. On the positive, it’s full of desire, love
Carvanz
Holy heck! So much angsty goodness!!!

Wow! These characters really captured my attention and held it as they pulled me through their wild roller coaster ride of a relationship. Kailani grew from a sweet innocent teenager into a young woman that was fierce in her determination to find her own form of justice. I couldn’t stop reading as she maneuvered her way through her circumstances and dealt with her emotional responses to what life was throwing her way.

dancer at work. | Dancing in the rain, Dance, Rain

Landon was another wonderful Zaverelli he
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor “You are so fucking pretty.” The words come out all gravelly. “Even when you cry.” He kisses the tears away.

“Pretty When she Cries” is a standalone by the Best selling author A. Zavarelli . This book is a part of the Black Mountain Academy series and is told in dual perspectives. Get ready to meet landon and Kail.

This author is my all time favourite , I never hesitate to one click her books! There is absolutely no doubt in my
Keri Loves Books
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was completely hooked from the shocking prologue and I absolutely loved this story. Landon and Kailani are complicated. Their stories are interwoven and their relationship is complex. They started as acquaintances and one night turned them into enemies. Things get heated when those lines between love and hate become obliterated.

Kailani was just supposed to tutor the guy next door. She had no idea he was a big deal. She helped him for weeks, never knowing who he was. Then one night at a party c
CourtRocks'
Rhonda
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those authors I’ll read no matter what, because I’ve learned she never disappoints. And this book was everything I’ve come to expect from her.

This story was full of heartbreak, the characters diverse and appealing. The plot was wonderfully twisted and kept me guessing the entire way. Kailani and Landon, while young, both had backgrounds that lent a maturity to them that helped this story rise above the typical high school fare. Their connection felt real, as did the things that we
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
OMG I NEED!!!!
Sav R. Miller
10 million stars and every sun in existence. A. Zavarelli's prose, plot, and characters are unmatched. They just are. I had super high expectations going into my ARC copy of this book, and I was not disappointed even a little bit.

In fact, she blew my expectations out of the water and had me salivating with each page turn. I needed more and couldn't stop until I'd devoured this bad boy.

And what a bad boy it is.

Pretty When She Cries hits on a lot of sensitive subjects, but does so in a way that f
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
When I saw that A. Zavarelli was writing a Bully romance I could not jump aboard fast enough. I enjoyed Landon and Kailani and the twists and turns throughout their story.

Wow! Pretty When She Cries is definitely a twisty and crazy story. You never really know what to expect. After the first few chapters my mind was completely blown and then Zavarelli throws in a few more clues and tidbits and then the plot thickens!!

Overall this story was engaging, sexy and full of dramatic moments..Landon and K
R.G. Angel
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t say I’m surprised I loved that book. I’ve yet to find a book that A.Zavarelli wrote that I didn’t like no scratch that. I never liked her books – I love them!

As usual, in typical Ashleigh fashion this book engrosses you from the first page and lord did it take me on a ride. It’s a real page turner so be warned at what time you start this book because you’re not sure when you’ll be able to put it down!

Full of pain, ache, betrayal, lies and misunderstandings this story is also full of desi
Manoela
3 Stars

Pretty when she cries is a different book from the ones I'm used to reading by A.zavareli since this book is not from the mafia. Here we go back to high school and we have a history of bullying, secrets and revenge.

The story is good and served the purpose of entertaining me, but I confess that it was not her best book. Here the characters are young and therefore have attitudes as such, which is natural and the purpose of the book. What bothered me here was that I couldn't believe the cha
Darkreads
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty When She Cries is A. Zavarelli's contribution to the Black Mountain Academy series and it brings all the feelings! This is the story of the tortured child actor Landon and innocent Hawaiian girl Kailani. Pretty When She cries is so much more than your typical high school bully romance. Ms. Zavarelli excels at writing complex and broken characters that you can't help but fall in love with. This story is rife with sensitive subject matter and is not for those afraid of triggering content. H ...more
Miranda Hillers
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such another amazing story by Zavarelli. She manages to confuse me with this dark high school romance.
Kailani is spending the summer with the boy next door and falls hard for him. Landon liked Kailani because she's different from all the other girls who throw themselves on him. But nothing seems what it is. Something happened that is unacceptable. Kailani leaves her home to return after two years and tries to pick up her life again.
I felt sorry for both. For how Kailani was treated at school,
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
(3.9 Stars)
Kailani Hale knew she shouldn’t of caught feelings for Landon Blackwood. She was turtoring him but didn’t truly know who he could be. One of the Elite of Black Mountain Academy he runs the school and she just realized how bad falling for him will be. Tragedy and misunderstandings turn what could of been something into hate. Can these two tortured souls ever find a way back to each other and the truth of one devastating night? “You started the war two years ago”...”I just came back to
Steffy

AUTHOR: A. Zavarelli
SERIES: N/A
RELEASE DATE: 15 October 2020
CLIFFHANGER: No

ARC was kindly provided for an honest review

I absolutely love anything by this author. But it was different from her past books. I associate her with the best mafia romances out there (If you’ve read the Boston underworld, then you know what I’m talking about. If not, get it together). This was for me not her best work.
Kailan is assigned to tutor her neighbour Landon, a childhoo
Andrea Huntke
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
She is so pretty when she cries is not just a title, it's a red thread dragging itself through the book.

The story of Kailani and Landon is a story of love, flames, betrayel, revenge, hate and a lot of sadness and tears. Where Kailani is a pretty naive soul from hawaii, shattered between the walls of the richest, growing strong and full of revenge. Landon is nothing more than a boy who is hurt and unfeeling because that's what life made this young famous guy. Where Kailani is too trustful, Landon
Laura Jackson
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I am shell shocked, mouth hanging open, utterly shocked, at some of the things that happen... I can’t get over how these kids act.. I like wanted to paddle them.. no seriously , they are complete psychopaths..

Landon is a child actor turned movie star.. and he’s felt every bit of the Hollywood curse. The drugs and drinking , the women throwing themselves at him.. everyone and anyone trying to take advantage of him.. even his own mother( and I use that term loosely)..so he’s not a trusting
Tara Slone
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This story kept me engaged from start to finish.

What happens when the new girl is falling in love with the boy who doesn’t trust anyone? Lots and lots of angst. I felt all the heartbreak and heartaches that both happened to Kails and Landon. They really couldn’t catch a break. My god I was rooting for them.

Landon doesn’t trust easily. He has lived a life where people constantly betrayed him in one form or another. When he meets Kails and she doesn’t know who he is she finds a way to get
Laura Lee
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Zavarelli is known for her Boston Underworld Series and boy did I love those books. She has written many other books in different genre's, now we find this author giving a shot at a Bully romance. While I enjoyed this book, it wasn't up there with favorites by this author.

Bully, Lies, Drugs, Sex, you name it, it is included with this story.

But then there is Kailani, an island girl from Hawaii who moved to the mainland. Her first year at Black Mountain Academy is not a fun one! Tutoring the b
Stacey Shetler
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started this book last night and I didn’t want to stop reading.
This is not my first book from A Zavarelli and it definitely will not be my last. It seems each book just keeps getting better and better. This book was so good. From the beginning this book had me not wanting to put it down. I felt for Landon and Kailani. Actually I felt for most of the characters in this book. But Landon was the one who stole my heart.Poor kid had it rough but he was able to get everything he wanted in the end e
Diane Yoz
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW, just wow... Double Bulliness!
Absolutely Loved it!  The angst as the story unfolds will keep you on the edge of your seat. It's Gripping!
I  Love Landon and his detached  "self-protective" mode. I  Love Kailani and her sweet but still ruthless ways.  So Good!!! When their friendship turns to hatred it is bullying at its best! These two are uber vindictive to anyone who crosses them. It's addicting!  I love the way they hate one another but are so protective of each other. You can definitely
Elysian Fields
Shelves: arcs
What happens when an accomplished author directs her talents to a high school bully read? THIS!! Wow! If there was ever a doubt that this author could tackle other tropes this proves her talent. I really enjoyed this story. It is a high school read so there were moments of immaturity but the action, the twists, the vengeance... man this was an enjoyable read. There is angst too that really sets this story aflame. I will not give anything away but lets just day the story is one that will have you ...more
Ez
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would never normally choose a YA book as high school angst and romance isn't my thing but I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't overdone, the main characters weren't acting like they were 17 going on 30 and the main tropes of enemies to lovers and bullying (more high school goings on rather than the Hero bullying the heroine, thankfully) wasn't too over the top with the angst level just right. Kailani was raised by a single mother in Hawaii, struggling to make ends meet. Her mum remarries a wea ...more
Susana Sousa
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This title might be sweetly misleading!

Pretty When She Cries it's A. Zavarelli's contribution to Black Mountain Academy series, an YA bully romance featuring Landon and Kail as main characters.
It all begins with a summer friendship that, after an eventful night, turns to separation and hate. Two years forward, Kail returns to Black Mountain Academy for her senior year focused on getting revenge from those who wronged her. This is exactly where the story starts to unfold: miscommunication, distr
Candace
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A. Zavarelli delivers a heartbreakingly beautiful tale of revenge, angst, bullying, distrust, miscommunication, insecurities, passion, sexual tension, lust, desire and lots of drama. This emotional tale focuses on Kailani, the nerdy transfer girl from Hawaii who has lived a simpler and somewhat naive life and Landon, the famous childhood star whose face is recognizable everywhere and everyone wants a piece of in some manner.

The pages bleed their soul deep connection and you feel the draw betwee
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A.Zavarelli has this special power in her words to wreck my heart, own my soul and own me completely. Pretty When She Cries was no exception. It was angsty and aching. It was sensual and sinful. It was action packed and twisted. A perfect dark enemies to lovers romance with captivating characters and jaw dropping storytelling.

Kailani had a traumatic night where her life was destroyed. And she thinks Landon Blackwood, the celebrity aka the football god aka the king of Black Mountain Academy is re
Hanan
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are books after you have read them.
You are content and deem the story worthy of 5 stars.
Then there are books that have you reeling and have your mind going even days after finishing them.
Well Pretty When She Cries did that for me.
This story is deserving of so much more than 5 stars.
It’s a perfect blend of good and evil,light and dark.
What wholesomeness looks like and what ugly truly is.
I absolutely loved Landon.
He truly is an incredible young man.
Not only for his talent.
But for his sheer i
Debbie Hanson
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-review
Pretty When She Cries
Black Mountain Academy
A.Zavarelli
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It’s not a surprise I’m not normally a fan of bully romances, but Ash has an uncanny ability to get you to rethink your opinions. Her books are somewhat controversial in the best way, but written do well you don’t want to put it down. Her characters are always in depth whether it is what their history is or what they face, Kailani and Landon are no different. This young couple are against all odds.

We’ve all seen/ heard/ read about
Melanie
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, kindle, arc-teams, own
* 4.5 Stars *

A. Zavarelli is an author that I will grab her book/ audiobook without even knowing what it's about, she writes amazing characters that draw me in and the plots keep me hooked from the very beginning. I read this in one day because I just couldn't put it down, I needed to know everything that happened and crossed my fingers the entire time that Landon and Kailani would get their HEA!

Landon and Kailani started off as tentative friends turned enemies, but even when they were enemies
« previous 1 3 next »

• Spellbreaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #1)
  • Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Spellmaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #2)
  • Riggs (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana Chapter #1)
  • The Cityscape Affair Trilogy (Cityscape Affair, #1-3)
  • The Truest Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #4)
  • Earn Me
  • Spy Camp (Spy School #2)
  • The Carrera Cartel (Carrera Cartel, #1-3 + Bonus)
  • Collateral Damage: An Arranged Marriage Mafia Romance Duet
  • Claimed By The Devil (Devil's Riders, #8)
  • Run Baby Run (Daddy Loves You, #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Be My Compass (Make It Marriage, #9)
  • More Than Protect You (More Than Words, #6.5)
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Sweet Cruelty
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never m

Black Mountain Academy (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)
  • She's Mine (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Hate Me (Black Mountain Academy)
  • The Pretender (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Charity (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Untamed King (Black Mountain Academy)

News & Interviews