Start by marking “Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)” as Want to Read:
Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)

Pretty When She Cries

(Black Mountain Academy)

Your first kiss is supposed to be sweet. Ours was baptized in fire.
I was the new girl trying to find her place.
Landon was the brooding neighbor I tutored over the summer.
I didn’t know he was a legend at Black Mountain Academy.
I didn’t know they worshipped him like a religion.
But I fell for him before I knew those things.
To me, he was just the tortured soul who drew me in l
Published October 22nd 2020

Start your review of Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
On Pause @ 23%...for now, anyway...

I haven’t been able to buy in to the premise upon which the book is built, so there’s no point in continuing, really. Which is a bummer. I love AZ and I love bully trope books.

I’m sure it’s not you, it’s me, book. Maybe I’ll try again another day when I'm in a different mood. I can't help but think I might love it on another day.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
I guess it's true what they say about forbidden fruit. Kailani is the sweetest poison.

Do you have authors that you don't even bother to read the blurb from? A Zavarelli is one of mine. No matter what the woman writes, I know I'll be gagging for it. Because she never fails to create some of the most captivating and memorable characters. And this installment in the Black Mountain Academy series was finger licking good. No joke. I honestly wanted to lick my fingers when I turne
Crystal Bell
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't met an A. Zavaerlli's book I didn't love. She is differently my go-to and queen of Bully, enemies to lovers Romance. Pretty When She Cries exceeded my expectations. She created such a great bad boy and a sexy heroine. There may be some triggers for some people as Pretty when she cries does hit some sensitive subjects.

Pretty When She Cries is full of heartbreak, betrayal, angst, lies, obsession, misunderstandings, along with miscommunication. On the positive, it’s full of desire, love
Carvanz
Holy heck! So much angsty goodness!!!

Wow! These characters really captured my attention and held it as they pulled me through their wild roller coaster ride of a relationship. Kailani grew from a sweet innocent teenager into a young woman that was fierce in her determination to find her own form of justice. I couldn’t stop reading as she maneuvered her way through her circumstances and dealt with her emotional responses to what life was throwing her way.

dancer at work. | Dancing in the rain, Dance, Rain

Landon was another wonderful Zaverelli he
Monique
Oct 28, 2020 added it
Shelves: hard-pass
DNF and not going to rate because once again I can't learn my damn lesson and stay away from high school bully romances so that is 100% on me and it's not fair IMO to rate stuff when you are the moron that didn't take your own advice haha.

So anyway, teenagers are fucking annoying and honestly I am too old for this shit. This absolutely concludes my trials with bully romances this year. I think this is the 5th or 6th one and it's safe to say this genre just isn't for me... or any sort of HS roman
Mickeysreads
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was ok

Okay so this book started of interesting, I was hooked until chapter 13 ngl. Till then it was a solid 4 star read for me. I even teared up a little bit when the queen bitch of the school was trying to humiliate Kail (h).

SPOILERS

So let’s summarize what all has happened till the end of chapter 12

1. Kail and Landon first meet during the summer after Landon transfers into Blackwood academy, taking a break from being a famous actor. The principal asked Kail to tutor him because she doesn’t h
CourtRocks'
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads-pic

Pretty When You Cry
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
She didn't know who he was when they met. When she finds out, everything changes.

This whole book was a mood. I related to Kailani from her first appearance. I loved her, and I wanted her safe! NOT OUR GIRL!!!!! Ugh I wanted to punch so many characters!!! There are lots of snappy comebacks and shocking moments. The chemistry
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor “You are so fucking pretty.” The words come out all gravelly. “Even when you cry.” He kisses the tears away.

“Pretty When she Cries” is a standalone by the Best selling author A. Zavarelli . This book is a part of the Black Mountain Academy series and is told in dual perspectives. Get ready to meet landon and Kail.

This author is my all time favourite , I never hesitate to one click her books! There is absolutely no doubt in my
myo 🍒 (myonna reads)
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
finally a good one out of the batch.. anyways why did this book have two epilogues???
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️

“You wish I thought of you.”
“Enjoy fingering yourself tonight while you remember that kiss.” I grab the doorknob and turn it. “Oh, and by the way, I jerked off in your bed.”

I stayed up until 3:30 am reading this book because I couldn't fucking stop! OMG the angst! The heat! The twists! The turns! The tension!! I wanted to throw my kindle so many times. AND LET ME TELL YOU LANDON IS SO AMAZING AND HOT AND BROKEN AND I AM NOT OVER HIM BECAUSE HE IS LIFE! Even when he was an asshole! Ahh young
Keri Loves Books
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was completely hooked from the shocking prologue and I absolutely loved this story. Landon and Kailani are complicated. Their stories are interwoven and their relationship is complex. They started as acquaintances and one night turned them into enemies. Things get heated when those lines between love and hate become obliterated.

Kailani was just supposed to tutor the guy next door. She had no idea he was a big deal. She helped him for weeks, never knowing who he was. Then one night at a party c
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bully-romance
This is not my usual genre or typical read, but I am an avid fan of Ashleigh's work and would seriously read anything she wrote even if it was written on toilet paper. Sometimes it's not necessarily the story itself you fall in love with, it's the author's storytelling. The author's ability to draw you in and keep you hanging with just the right amount of wonder. Something about the author's way with words have you keep turning each page eager for more. That is what I loved about this book.

Alth
Snow
Nov 05, 2020 added it
Unfortunately, I just couldn't with this one...*sigh*

It pains me to say this, cause it's one of Ashleigh Zavarelli's, but I didn't, I couldn't connect with either the characters or the plot...

I mean, I found no sense in any...and it kills me to say this but I can't finish reading it....

So, DNF @50%

Melissa Crump
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In true fashion, A. Zavarelli holds nothing back with Pretty When She Cries. Intricately crafted and woven with layers of depth you don’t see coming, this story touches on hard subjects but also sends the message that you are strong enough. You can rise above what’s been thrown your way. Not giving up, and fighting for truth. Another brilliant and very creative story from this Author and I’m not disappointed in the least.

The chemistry, angst and situations these characters are in doesn’t feel li
Chary

I liked how the book opens up, it was dark and intriguing and I also liked how Kailini go back and become this new persona a badass.

As for the hero welp he has tendency to run whenever confrontation emanate instead of actually having a decent amount of conversation, I find it repulsive.

Then somewhere along the line, I got lost and bored with the antics. I love A. Zavarelli books and writing style, she's written a favorable Dark Romances, alas this book wasn't just for me.

Irunía
Holly Molly... this Aubrey girl pining for the H is a psychotic bitch🤯 She is the queen of all teenager psychotic bitches👸🏻 of the romance world lol. This level of craziness needs some kind of acknowledgement.
The book itself was OK. But it gave me the feeling I had already read about these people/situations/problems like THOUSANDS OF TIMES... Pretty typical angstish school drama contemporary romance book (which is scary haha) . If I compare my teenage years with these dudes'... oh well, they we
The Magical World of Reading
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Young Adults / High School romances and I never have had the greatest relationship, they simply didn’t live up to my expectations, but this book here pulled me into the story right away and left me sleep-deprived and groggy the next morning. I devoured it in one sitting, and I wanted more.
Landon and Kail’s story is one gripping friends to enemies to lovers high school drama that will push you to turn the pages in eagerness. A story that will make you angry and delighted at the same time, it will
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really interesting take on the bully/enemies to lovers trope. Plenty of plot twists, complicated characters and an interesting storyline had me hooked from the first page.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
When I saw that A. Zavarelli was writing a Bully romance I could not jump aboard fast enough. I enjoyed Landon and Kailani and the twists and turns throughout their story.

Wow! Pretty When She Cries is definitely a twisty and crazy story. You never really know what to expect. After the first few chapters my mind was completely blown and then Zavarelli throws in a few more clues and tidbits and then the plot thickens!!

Overall this story was engaging, sexy and full of dramatic moments..Landon and K
Lilith  Seven
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK: PRETTY WHEN SHE CRIES.

GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
AUTHOR: A. ZAVARELLI.
TYPE: STANDALONE...A PART OF BLACK MOUNTAIN ACADEMY.
POV: DUAL POV...
MY RATING: 5 HEART WRENCHING STARS.

'PRETTY WHEN SHE CRIES' is a standalone novella part of the Black Mountain Academy series focusing on Kailani and Landon's story.

Kailani and Landon spent the whole summer break together with Kail as his tutor. She thought of him as some rich spoilt boy transferred to her school, Meanwhile, his id
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
I am in love with this book. The feels, the character development the unique storyline!!
A. Zavarelli has an amazing way with words. She has become one of my favorite authors.
Landon and Kail had me hooked. I devoured the book in a day and I am not even sorry. I may have ended up with a major book hangover but it was so worrh it.
Scorching chemistry, relatable heroine and twists and turns!!! The book bloomed with mystery and atttaction and I enjoyed every torturous minute of it.
Landon was so broody
Rhonda
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those authors I’ll read no matter what, because I’ve learned she never disappoints. And this book was everything I’ve come to expect from her.

This story was full of heartbreak, the characters diverse and appealing. The plot was wonderfully twisted and kept me guessing the entire way. Kailani and Landon, while young, both had backgrounds that lent a maturity to them that helped this story rise above the typical high school fare. Their connection felt real, as did the things that we
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
It was a surprising book. What I did know from the beginning was that Landon had nothing to do with it.. If Kailana just met the aftermat, it would be a very different story! But because it's a book I understand.
It had surprising twists and turns that I didn't see coming. Audrey was actually pretty convincing as well..

What I did want a glimpse of was Landon's dad or that wife of his, just to get closure.
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ash is my Must Read author, so an automatic read. She presents angsty lovers who've become enemies and are in the process of finding their way to each other again in Black Mountain Academy, a school for rich, obnoxious, entitled teens
A HS drama later, both Kailani Hale and Landon Blackwood are bitter sworn enemies, their so called friends playing truant in between, widening the chasm.
“You started the war two years ago”...”I just came back to finish it.”
Landon surely doesn't need enemies, h
Alexandraa W
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Lots of OW DRAMA and in the end we get to see how mentally psychotic the OW. Causes a lot of drama between them and especially both of the hero and heroine didn’t trust each other enough to believe that the OW will do such thing. The hero didn’t fight enough for the heroine in the beginning, only in the end which is frustrating to see. The heroine is weak and not strong enough.... many pushing away too from both hero and heroine. both are still childish... I didn’t get to see the big great roman ...more
Sav Miller
10 million stars and every sun in existence. A. Zavarelli's prose, plot, and characters are unmatched. They just are. I had super high expectations going into my ARC copy of this book, and I was not disappointed even a little bit.

In fact, she blew my expectations out of the water and had me salivating with each page turn. I needed more and couldn't stop until I'd devoured this bad boy.

And what a bad boy it is.

Pretty When She Cries hits on a lot of sensitive subjects, but does so in a way that f
RJ
Disclaimer: Bully tropes are not my cup of tea. I hate it when the H is mean to the h so they never work out for me, but something about the blurb piqued my curiosity and I started reading this book.

The bad:
- It's very overdramatic and drama is at every corner.
- OW drama throughout the whole book which is the worst kind of drama for me personally.
- There's always some OW hanging off the H and he never pushes them away which bugged me. He wanted nothing to do with them but still get rid of em!
- T
Manoela
3 Stars

Pretty when she cries is a different book from the ones I'm used to reading by A.zavareli since this book is not from the mafia. Here we go back to high school and we have a history of bullying, secrets and revenge.

The story is good and served the purpose of entertaining me, but I confess that it was not her best book. Here the characters are young and therefore have attitudes as such, which is natural and the purpose of the book. What bothered me here was that I couldn't believe the cha
hugsandcookies
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So worth the read and I highly recommend.

I really enjoyed the twist of mind games this story brought that I couldn’t put it down and I knew that the ending would be epic.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Some Like It Hot!: Pretty When She Cries by A Zavarelli 3 12 Nov 07, 2020 09:24AM

• Trick Me Twice
  • The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)
  • No Good
  • Pretty Little Savage (Sick Boys #1)
  • Spellbreaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #1)
  • I Promise You
  • Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Spellmaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #2)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • Riggs
  • The Cityscape Affair Trilogy (Cityscape Affair, #1-3)
  • The Truest Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #4)
  • Earn Me (Love Repair #1)
  • Spy Camp (Spy School #2)
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Wicked Devil (Devils of Sun Valley High, #1)
  • Do What I Say
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never m

Black Mountain Academy (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)
  • She's Mine (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Hate Me
  • The Pretender (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Charity (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Untamed King (Black Mountain Academy)

News & Interviews