Start by marking “Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes” as Want to Read:
Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes

Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes

Take one betrothal gone awry…

Prince Angelo is destined to marry Prince Yuri. Never mind that Angelo isn’t gay and didn’t choose to be saddled with a moony-eyed princeling who is determined to ruin Angelo’s life. Then one day Yuri goes too far and Angelo has to take matters into his own hands.

Add one doomed arranged marriage…

Prince Yuri is destined forever to pine afte
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 277 pages
Published June 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Royally Screwed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royally Screwed

Start your review of Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes
☆ Todd
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it

Both the book cover and the premise completely pulled me into reading this story.

Howeeeeeeever, I think I was a bit dick-mo-tized by the hot boy in the crown on the book jacket and compleeeeeeeetely missed the fact that this one contained BDSM. :- /

[My interpretation of 23 y.o. Angelo]

As anyone who follows my reviews knows, BDSM is about as far out of my wheel house as it gets; however, I actually didn't DNF the story, which is a feat in itself for me where "pain equals pleasure" stories are con
Susan
Jul 05, 2020 marked it as dnf
DNF at 30%

I couldn't handle all the push and pull anymore.

There is pining, hurt feelings, denial about being gay (or bi), and sleeping with other people. And all of this for YEARS. This 'love story' starts when they are around 13 and I guess they will finally get together somewhere around age 25 to 30 since they have to be married before they turn 30.

I just wanted this to be more romantic I guess. Not Angelo being hostile to Yuri, proclaiming he is definitely not gay and him sleeping with all
Leslie
I find myself unable to write full reviews the last few books. I will possibly come back and do a longer one in the future. For now, I’ll just say that I liked this one but didn’t love it. The original spark between the guys was fun and I’m all for lots of spanking. 🔥I love books about royalty too. 👑 Yes please! Somewhere around the middle, I got bored. The ending was meh for me. You should take all of this with the tiniest grain of salt that you can find because every other reviewer loved it so ...more
Raphiae
Too Slow

Won’t bore what’s already in the blurb what’s not there is MILD BDSM alert.
W.
Ebook reviewed on June 27, 2020

strong>A Fun , Angsty and Hot AF Summer Read

Here it is , at last , Royally Screwed. The perfect Summer book for your Pool , Beach or Staycation.

Angel & Yuri description

📌Tongue in cheek, snarky , witty banter and dialogue ☑
📌Sexy as sin, kinky, OTT , unusual, mischievous and likeable characters- ☑
📌Draromedy AKA drama-romance-comedy 😂😁😉just made that up LOL- ☑
📌Hot AF - I am burning here - sexy times - ☑
📌Unrequited Love ☑
📌Lots of pining and brooding☑
📌Lots of spanking and othe
~nikki the recovering book addict
Warning: Dissenting opinion!

I don’t know what’s wrongggggg. I was excited for the first 30% of it and then I got totally boreddddddd 😣
I think something’s wrong with meeeeeeeee

The storyline was different. The elements brought together were different. For all intents and purposes, I should have been ecstatic but it looks like I’m in a book slummmmmmmmmp 😭

I’m sorryyyyyyyyy... I’m sure ya’ll will like this more than I did. Booooo 💔
Lily
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
WARNING This book contains loads of spanking and despite featuring handsome princes and castles it is NOT a fairy tale romance full of flowers and sweetness. No. This is more like a spicy, bitter flavor with just a suggestion of sweetness.

I normally do prefer my romances to be more sugary sweet but this book very successfully hit a lot of my favorite tropes including childhood friends, hateship, and arranged marriage. I particularly loved the strings of possessiveness woven into the story. Lynn
Joyfully Jay
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Oh, I really loved this story and was completely captivated by Yuri and Angelo’s journey. Lynn Van Dorn has really crafted something so engaging here, I was caught up from the first pages. We follow these men over time, jumping into the story at various points in their lives until they are adults, and seeing how their relationship evolves. This is almost completely a character-driven story, and what makes it work so well is that Van Dorn made me completely believ
Bo
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book, but the animosity just went on too long. Yuri was just depressed and crying constantly over his unrequited feelings, and I just found it depressing. Angelo just didn't couple around fast enough for me. ...more
haletostilinski
My first read by this author and I have to say that I enjoyed it.

It was definitely interesting, as this was an alternate world where two made up countries exist, but also the rest of the world is the same as ours.

Prince Angelo is the second born child of the King & Queen of his country, his sister being older, and Prince Yuri is the third born child of the King & Queen of his country, and they are neighboring countries who have been in dispute for a long time. But a diplomatic marriage between
Trio
A case of arranged marriage, opposites attract royals with a nice bit of hurt/comfort and a hearty dose of snark. Royally Screwed is Lynn Van Dorn's spin on this trope. Ms. Van Dorn's skill at drawing characters, and finding ways for them to connect, is impressive. And I enjoyed the little bits of fairy-tale mingling with our real world issues. It's fun, and pretty light, and thoroughly diverting.

Audio performed by Michael Ferraiuolo who has his work cut out for him! With a huge cast of characte
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I'm only giving this book three stars because it's Lynn Van Dorn and her writing is awesome... Even when it makes me depressed.

Don't get me wrong, this book has an HEA. But for about the first 40%, I was just twisted guts and sadness. I really wish it hadn't been so heartbreaking. I wish that when Yuri had said he'd wanted Angelo to be his first kiss, I hadn't wanted to weep uncontrollably.

But then, I had to put my 17-year-old cat down last week. I probably wasn't in the best frame of mind to re
True Loveislovereview
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2020, hurt-comfort
Angelo and Yuri

Prince Angelo is everything for Prince Yuri for so long only... Angelo is straight straight straight! Huh uhh!

Their parents decided from when they were born, Angelo and Yuri will marry.
Growing up together being each other’s pain in the arse wasn’t very promising for the future.
We can follow them for years and years. Somewhere on the road, Angelo found a way to discipline Yuri for his acts and Yuri yearns for more.
His feelings aren’t answered by Angelo for many years because duh h
Rachel Emily
3.5 stars for me, rounded up. This kinda read like a fairy tale to me...a kinky, snarky, gay fairy tale set in modern times that dealt with royalty and arranged marriages and royal lands that were made up, but where the rest of the world is ours.

Yuri and Angelo have been arranged to be married to each other by age 30 since they were both both. Their parents didn't know that Yuri was male until he was born, but they kept the arrangement in tact. Both boys grow up knowing that they are destined t
Oxy
Jul 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
I did not enjoy this book. The MCs were unlikable, the constant misunderstandings and dramatics were unnecessary, the secondary characters we bleh (and wth was up with duke blackheath???!). maybe if Yuri didn’t talk so much i might have enjoyed this book a little bit (nah jk, it would have still sucked)
Honestly i’m proud of myself for reading till the end.

I am not a fan of this author.
LauraSt
Price Angelo and Yuri have stolen my heart 💜
I’m so in love with them, their dynamic was a dysfunctional one, but it worked for them.
Their ache for one another was sweet torture, but also intertwined with sweet release.
We had an entertaining and sassy plot going on, we had a little action going on, great secondary characters, FIRE FIRE SCENES, and absolute sweetness!
Lynn takes us on another wonderful universe, there’s no book that she writes that I don’t absolutely love.
AMAZING!

Since I can’
Mirjam

He wasn't gay or bisexual, however. It seemed to him that he was Yuri-sexual.

This was a fun read, but it did annoyed me on several points. With Angelo having been around Uri all his life and having a lot of fun at college with the girls, he suddenly is into Yuri? Because, after 23 years he realised Yuri was his fate, had been so since before his birth. Yuri was his and Yuri would always be his.

Apart from all the ping-ponging between being gay or not on Angelo's part and desperately wanting t
Pablito
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was ok

dnf @ 50%

It's really about a prince and a princess, so not really deserving of the M/M category.
Cyndy
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’ve loved all the books I’ve previously read by Lynn Van Dorn. Maybe it’s just me because the last several books I’ve read have been...meh...for me. This one didn’t keep me interested so I began skimming and I normally stop reading when I have the need to skim but as I said, I’ve loved her other books so I hung in there. Moving on.
Rocken
Jul 02, 2020 rated it liked it
It's not that I didn't enjoy this one, but somehow it managed to annoy me to no end.

I was SO excited to see a new release by Lynn Van Dorn, but barely a few chapters in, I realized it was going to be BDSM-themed. And while it's totally my fault for not checking the genres on Goodreads, I was so disappointed. As tropes go, bdsm is way on the bottom of the list for me.
(Why oh why some of my fave m/m authors write so much BDSM... Are they really into it, or is it just what sells?)
I especially disl
Heather
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Royally Fabulous

Loved it! I adored Angelo and Yuri’s story. It was so wonderfully laid out as their relationship progressed throughout their life and betrothal. I was immediately drawn into their story and devoured it over the weekend. It evoked great emotion in me from laughter, some sadness, and sexy times that had me fanning myself. What I loved most was how Angelo’s sexual awakening was portrayed. It wasn’t overnight, or like a light switch, it was almost a conscious awakening. Angelo didn’
Bookshire Cat
Jul 16, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf, romance
DNF 10%

It's not fair to give this a 1-star rating (so I won't be) because the remaining 90% could be fantastic, but I was so grossed out by the first 10, that I'll never know.
I like kink in my romances but not undernegotiated BDSM between two 16yo kids, with the first encounter bordering on abuse.
I also don't like the starting point my romances being between small children but that's just my problem.
Add language that tries too hard to be funny and it means me requesting refund from Amazon for t
dian_puspita
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-romance, bdsm, royalty
"You got to go through hell before you get to heaven" that phrase fit perfectly with Yuri's situation!

2 stars because I need my Princes' story to be fluffy and sweet romance, without any abuse inside the story. I knew the trigger the author said but I think I can handle that but I'm so wrong!

Angelo dan Yuri pada saat mereka berumur 30 tahun, keduanya akan menikah. Nah sebelum umur mereka mencapai 30 tahun, mereka bebas-bebasin pacaran sm orang lain sebelum mengikat janji suci pernikahan.

Makanya
Read-A-Book Everyday Reviews!!!
This reminded me of Red, White, & Royal Blue with a hint of light BDSM! One of our characters here is a. It of a masochist and I love that Angelo calls him princess. I love that it is a true GFY/OFY romance. The snarky banter was great too. Truly a five star read in my opinion. I was never bored and loved every minute of it.
French_fry
Oct 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I didn’t love this one. Angelo’s feelings for Yuri didn’t make a lot of sense to me and I didn’t buy their love story.
Jacquie Stewart
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lynn Van Dorn is a new author to me but I absolutely love the way this is written.
The story follows Yuri and Angello who have been betrothed since before birth and when Yuri is born a he, that doesn't change. The only problem is that Angel is straight, sorta.
We follow the princes as they grow up and there is a lot of hurt, heat and even love along the way. There are a number of steamy scenes, spanking and even more of poor Yuri struggling with his feelings. Yuri was my favourite without a doubt.
Annika
Sep 14, 2020 marked it as x-dnf
Not for me...

Note to self: start reading blurbs and tags and don't get swayed by a pretty covers...
Sachu^ Book Addiction Is For Real ✓
I picked up this book with high hopes, what with this being my fav trope. But I was really disappointed. The storyline was good, but I felt the narration was kinda repetitive.

Also, the BDSM element came out of nowhere and I really couldn't cope with the mention of abuse. Wish the story was more refined.
Pam
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku
This would have been better if it hadn't leaned so hard into the GFY. Two stars may still be generous, though. Some of it was trashy hot in a good way, some of it was trashy hot in a bad way, but lots of the not hot parts just didn't make much sense logically. ...more
VVivacious
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love. I'm so much in love with this story, I can hardly begin to describe it. It was perfect. It was everything I needed. Romantic as all get-out, sweet and sexy at the same time and perfect did I say that already because it was, perfectly sublime.

I came across this book on Joyfully Jay Reviews and was fascinated by the blurb so I added it to my TBR. Subsequently, I discovered it on KU so I borrowed it and there it was conveniently sitting on my kindle.

So, today morning like an hour or t
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Up for Heir (Rosavia Royals, #1)
  • Duking It Out (Royal Powers #1)
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Deven and the Dragon
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Finch (Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #3)
  • Come On, Get Lucky
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Kissing Kyle (Safe Boys #2)
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Secret Admirer (Love Notes, #1)
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities #2)
  • Abstract Love
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)