Start by marking “Losers, Inc.” as Want to Read:
Losers, Inc.

Losers, Inc. (West Creek Middle School)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Ethan Winfield and his best friend, Julius Zimmerman, are losers ... and proud of it! They read only the shortest books for book reports and always have the worst project for the annual science fair, not to mention that they are pretty hopeless at sports. So Ethan and Julius form Losers, Inc., an exclusive club of two. But when a new student teacher shows up at school, Eth ...more
Published September 1st 1998 by Hyperion Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Losers, Inc., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losers, Inc.

Terri
Oct 13, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but I loved the series as a whole together. It is perfect for the age 10 to 13 set, because it takes a small group of kids and each book is written from each middle school child's point of view. We see that everyone has challenges and different talents and we are not as different as we think. I frankly made my 10 and 12-year old read these and they liked them as well. The series in order is:
Losers, Inc.
You're a Brave Man, Julius Zimmerman
Lizzie at Last
Stop That, Alex Ryan
and M
Swankivy
Aug 18, 2008 rated it liked it
I just grabbed this while I was bored at my internship and waiting for my teacher to come back for an evaluation. This was well-written and had an interesting plot, very realistic for school-age kids.
Meg
May 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-general
For a middle school audience... I would compare it to A View from Saturday, but not as sophisticated. The book does reflect on how often the "geeks among us" have the kindest hearts and will go the farthest in life.
Catherine
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This novel tells a story that could be very real life for many young teens. Good story, great moral.
Julie Decker
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Ethan's a zero next to his smart and talented older brother Peter, and he knows he'll never be that good, so he decides to find comfort in being a loser. Joining up with his friend Julius, who's also a pretty big loser, they decide to take pride in their ability to always do the least and not care about school or sports. Things change when Ms. Gunderson, a student teacher, arrives and makes them want to impress her, and because she challenges them and praises them, they find it rewarding to work ...more
Taralen
Oct 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Losers, Inc. is a cute book whose main themes are responsibility and trying your best.
The story also features an adorable love square. The two main characters are in love with the student teacher, Grace, but only one of them (Ethan) tries his best to change who he is for her (and for the better!)
Lizzie, a shy but intelligent little girl, also loves Ethan but he does not want her to.
I like how this author used the idea that, even if you try your best, you might not get exactly what you want but i
Ben Jensen
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-10
Julius and Ethan are best friends. Feeling out done by everyone else they decide to start a club called Losers, Inc. As they go through their first year of middle school and all that goes along with it. Ethan falls for the new student teacher Grace Gunderson; unfortunately, Julius has as well. Ethan, worried about proving himself worthy for Grace tries to impress her by being nice and trying to be do his best. As he continues to excel his friendship is parting from what he would like.

I really e
Sadia
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(view spoiler)
Skittles :)
Sep 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Ethan is the vice prez of the losers Inc. But when the new teacher in training comes he tries his best to become a unloser. his 100 pg. books turn into 500 or more pg. books. Is he always going to be a loser...
Carterkempgmail.Com
Pretty standard juvenile fare, but well written, easy to read, and there are kids who'll see themselves in the protagonist who almost reluctantly starts to achieve in school to impress a student teacher.
Mara
Aug 17, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a sweet little book (with a truly terrible cover) about a sixth-grader "loser" and his best friend, who is also, not surprisingly, a loser. In the space of five weeks, Ethan grows up way more than is realistic, but there's lots of good middle school feelings and problems in here.
Hannah
So far this is a good book.
Deborah Harris
Dec 23, 2013 added it
Shelves: ar-4, a18
AR Quiz No. 17782 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 4.6 - AR Pts: 5.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Sylvia
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A grade 6 boy and his friend decide it's better to underachieve and found the club "Losers, Inc." for themselves. Then things get complicated when they both fall for the new student teacher.
Daniel Klyuchits
Apr 12, 2013
Destiny
May 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Claudia Mills is the author of How Oliver Olson Changed the World, 7 x 9 = Trouble!, Being Teddy Roosevelt, and many other books for children. She was born in New York City in 1954. She received her bachelor's degree from Wellesley College, her master's degree from Princeton University, and a Ph.D. in philosophy from Princeton University. She also received an M.L.S. degree from the University of M ...more
More about Claudia Mills...

West Creek Middle School (5 books)
  • You're a Brave Man, Julius Zimmerman