Start by marking “The Book of the Fang (Vesik #17)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Fang (Vesik #17)

The Book of the Fang

(Vesik #17)

A vampire lord. A hidden coin. Ghosts from the past are coming for Sam.

With help from Zola, Cizin, and Vicky, Sam works to track down her old vampire lord, Vassili. While he’s been on the run for years, the team has uncovered clues of his whereabouts.

The hunt takes them down the trail of an old Civil War raid where restless spirits stir. But not even the threat of the dark
Kindle Edition
Published August 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Fang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Fang

Start your review of The Book of the Fang (Vesik #17)
Lisa Guertin
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hang on for a wild ride!

Sam, Dominic and Vik are seriously bad ass. Only one book to go to the end of this story arc and the stakes are high. Hang on for another extreme ride.
Steven
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fangs for the memories...

_The Book of the Fang_ is the the 17th book in the Vesik  series and the next to last of _The Books of the Dead_. The quest to save the necromancer, Damian Vesik, and reunite the disparate elements of the Titan, Gaia continues as does the war with Gwynn ap Nudd.

The search for the last coin needed for the ritual falls to Damian's vampiric sister, Sam and her allies.  The cael was last in the possession of Vassily, Sam's former vampire lord and traitor to his pit.  The cha
Ginelle Blanch
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Coming down to the wire! One more book before we see how all the hard work and heartache of these allies pays off. So much action and hold your breath moments.

One emotional read after another, I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotion we'll ride in the last book. I'm anxious and worried for all our friends. I can't say that I'm ready for it at all. All I can do is trust that the author wouldn't have put this family of friends through so much to have it NOT work out for the best...but, wh
c. woods
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vesik 17

So, you came back for another one of my amazing reviews, I see! Well, let me be the first to congratulate you on your excellent taste in reviewers.

Anywho, Book 17. Yeah, I just finished it & it. Was. Amazing!! These characters have such life & depth to them, that to not throw your money at the screen immediately & purchase every single one of the books in the Vesik series, is to deprive yourself of such awesomeness, as to bring about the end of the world! Seriously, Eric R. Asher can d
Penny
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ok, I have a confession to make: I read this book after the 18th one. I just couldn’t wait to find out how this was going to end. I can back to fill in the gaps (my own for skipping over this). Even after reading the other one, it was good to see Vicky as part of the action. She is one of my favorites, and I was glad to see more of her. Anyway, I confess to not feeling as much heart-pounding waiting to see what happens because I cheated and read the other. LOL! However, the author still drew me ...more
Sandy
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eric R. Asher knows all the tricks to keep you on the edge of your seat. You can almost hear the dramatic music playing in the background leading you up to the point where something is going to reach out and grab you. Then you slowly relax, when you see some kind of amazing discovery in front of you. Your heart and breathing slow as you are checking things out; and then BAM! Out of no where he has your heart leaping up into your throat AGAIN!!!! The Book of the Fang is definitely emotion and act ...more
Kristen Sanderson
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Vicki kicking butt together

Not sure I need to say more than that. It was great to catch up with the vampire pit and follow them on an adventure. This is the last step before the end game, and Eric delivers by diving deeper in to this world of fantasy creatures. I really enjoy how the story weaves in and out of the allies as they fight on different fronts. The end of this book feels like the deep breath before the plunge. Looking so forward to the last book in the Books of the Dead and w
Amy Bellino
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As with all the Vesik series, the energy starts on the first page and never stops. So many paranormal series are all the same, but with the Vesik series, it is the characters that make me keep reading. Characters everyone can identify with…fae, vampire, the human who is just going with the flow, mermaids, dragons, ghosts and ghost parrots, werewolves, mages, gods…and you will fall in love with them. I always enjoy tagging along with this sarcastic band of misfits while they try to save the world ...more
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
treasures untold

Sam now chases Vassilli who holds the final coin for releasing Damien. the longstanding blood feud between the Pit and the ancient vampire will come to a head with the dark still chasing and Luna still eating cheeseballs.

Eric has heightened the emotions immensely. adding a new and fantastic creature makes it even better. he has brought us to a place where there are many crossroads and we can only folks one. the others are but 'what if's'.
Angela
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better. I love the dive into each person and their history in each book. It's great getting back story but it makes me crave more! Mr Asher could write these characters forever (I hope!) because of the history. Some of these characters are hundreds or thousands of years old. Imagine all the shenanigans they could get up to! Hopefully Mr Asher can.
Mr S
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vicky, along with Sam and the vampires are on a mission to find the cale, the final piece needed to make the attempt to restore Damien.

Beautifully written adventure with danger and a battle or two, this story brings us closer to the end of this chapter in Vesic's tale. It is impossible to put down and totally immerses the reader in the action.
Alan Boggs
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick read and an excellent book and series. If you're familiar with the series of course this is book that focuses on Sam and her view of what is happening at this point in the series. I recommend you start with book one if you're new to the series, as you will be a little lost if you start with this book.
Thomas Griffin
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The final lap is here

All the fighting, bleeding and chasing shadows are over. One more book and this whole enormous mess comes to a conclusion. Hopefully, it is a positive one, but you can never tell with Nude and his balls.
Cathy Dixon
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This entire series is amazing! I really enjoy how the last few are detailing each characters journey to save Damian. I am looking forward to September 8th when the next one comes out. This series would make an awesome movie!
Joscelyn Smith
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At just over 80 pages, Sam's installment in the side quests in the Vesik world packs a punch. Her plan is to get her brother back and she will crush anything standing in her way. An absolutely brilliant addition to the series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would not want to piss off Sam

It all comes down to locating Vassilli and getting the cale. Samantha is absolutely vicious in her march to save Damien. Another white knuckle installment from Asher. I cannot wait for the final installment.
Mike Arthur
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The "Book Of The...." series within the Vesik world is a great journey from the perspective of different characters , but still manages to further the main story line perfectly.
Ronald Manley
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good to see the Pit and Sam involved in detail. Most enjoyable story ans exciting.
Jackie
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again I’m gripped and can’t stop reading. I keep trying to figure out what happens but everything keeps changing. The characters are always busy trying to solve the mystery. Awesome.
Andrea Laws
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading more about Sam and the vampires. The pieces are coming together nicely but the end is still unclear. Can't wait for the next book!
#saveDamian
Wendy Schindler
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sam and her vamp warrior buddies go all out on this mission! Vicky is in the thick of it as well and my what a team they make!

Read the book! It comes with my highest recommendations!
Todd
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kristofer Stachowiak
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally, Sam's book! Once again Eric has crafted a story that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. I seriously couldn't put the book down from beginning to end and as soon as I was done I craved for book 18! Seriously, don't miss this one!
Pamela
Becky
Sep 14, 2020
Dek Ingraham
Sep 24, 2020

• Dark Glass: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel (Montague & Strong Case Files Book 11)
  • Moonshine (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #11)
  • Dragon's Scrape
  • Dragon's Mire: A Zeke Phoenix Supernatural Thriller (Badlands Paranormal Police Department Book 4)
  • Blue Blood (Blue Wolf, #5)
  • Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (Inheritance, #1)
  • Night Hunt (Harbinger P.I. #9)
  • American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy, #1)
  • Druid Arcane (Colin McCool #11)
  • Anghellic (Feathers and Fire #8)
  • The Burn
  • By Demons Driven: Happenstance and Bron: Book 3 (A New Urban Fantasy Series in the World of the Alastair Stone Chronicles)
  • I’m Glad You’re Dead (Preternatural Chronicles)
  • A Testament of Steel (Instrument of Omens, #1)
  • The Dime (Betty Rhyzyk, #1)
  • Syndicate Wars: First Strike (Syndicate Wars, #1)
  • Witch Confidential (A Supernatural Speakeasy Cozy Mystery, #2)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)

News & Interviews