Start by marking “The Book of the Blade (Vesik #16)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Blade (Vesik #16)

The Book of the Blade

(Vesik #16)

A forbidden magic. A hidden world. Two mages journey to a realm not meant for mortals.

The magic needed to save Damian requires three coins. One of which is from a world not their own. Thankfully, Cornelius, an elder blood mage, knows the way.

After passing through a Seal between worlds, Beth and Cornelius realize traversing the strange new realm will require the help of a S
Published August 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Blade

Start your review of The Book of the Blade (Vesik #16)
Jackie
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great in this series. You’re just lost in the intrigue and what happens next. Definitely ready for more.
Susan
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Book of the Blade is the sixteenth book in the Vesick series. This should not be read as a standalone. There is violence. I am loving these shorter books in the Vesick series. It is interesting to see many of the other characters as they try to save both Damien and the world.
Ellis Pinkerton
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, let me say this. If you have read any of the Vesik books, this is picking up where The Book of the Wing left off.
The Books of the Dead are classified as novellas, instead of novels. This just means they are shorter.
The Book of the Wing is the eighth Book of the Dead and the 16th Book of Vesik. With that said, you’ll find a new point of view from the original eight (books of Vesik) and the other Books of the Dead.
I want to give details, but I hate spoilers, so I’m not going to torment you l
Steven
Travels to another world

The 16th book of the Vesik series and the next installment of the _Books of the Dead_, _The Book of the Blade_ continues the search for the Titans' coins needed to save the necromancer, Damian Vesik.

The blood mages, Cornelius and Beth use their sanguinary powers to travel to the Shadowed Lands in pursuit of the cale.  In the other world, they face trials that have them facing Eldritch threats that not only endanger the Shadowed Lands but all other worlds.   At great cos
Kristen Sanderson
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The universe expands into the shadows

I am really loving these fast paced Books of the Dead. Not only are we getting a deeper view of the characters, we are getting to see more of this world. In this book, we learn about the Shadowed Lands. This book doesn’t have as much humor as the last few, and in this installment, we feel the price of the battle more than the other books. I really enjoy the feeling of family between all of the allies who have come together. We continue hurtling toward the con
Kristofer Stachowiak
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this next chapter in the Vesik series. When building a universe, there are generally so many characters that can get ignored or underutilized, and this book makes sure that doesn't happen. Cornelius and Beth are important, but not very often seen characters in the Veski Universe, and this is their time to shine! I loved this adventure and seeing a kind of behind the curtains of their powers that gave both them and the world in general more depth and complexity. With no spoil ...more
Amy Bellino
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As with all the Vesik series, the energy starts on the first page and never stops. So many paranormal series are all the same, but with the Vesik series, it is the characters that make me keep reading. Characters everyone can identify with…fae, vampire, the human who is just going with the flow, mermaids, dragons, ghosts and ghost parrots, werewolves, mages, gods…and you will fall in love with them. I always enjoy tagging along with this sarcastic band of misfits while they try to save the world ...more
Angela
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The release of this book is bittersweet as it puts us closer to the end. I really want these books to be released but I don't want them to end.

This book was an extreme nail biter and I was close to tears. It is such a hard tale to tell and there is bound to be drama heartache. I try so hard not to devour these books but it's difficult. The story has progressed so much that we are in the thick of it and the finish line is in sight. It's going to be a sad day and a happy one at the same time. I ca
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
the stakes rise

going to the Blazing Lands to find the last coin is a mission for the blood mages. right at the start, the bladess were deep. and once in the Lands, the cuts were permanent. but Beth is strengthened by her new friends and brings back.....well, just what Sam always wanted.

the dance speeds up. Eric has brought everyone together in a tense but good way. Damien, your friends and your author love you
Sandy
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eric R. Asher brings us to yet another realm. This time with blood mages Cornelius and Beth. Beth is eager to use her powers when being challenged. Cornelius must show her to how tamper down her eagerness and not kill herself unduly. Disappointment, Great Sorrow, and Vengeance are all apart of this book as well as Strength when a new Alliance is forged. Grab this book to see where their adventure takes them AND you!

I was given this book as an ARC. I am voluntarily giving this review.
Lisa Guertin
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Each grand adventure to save the world requires sacrifice and suffering. All we can do is endure and hope for a successful outcome.

With each book, I think the author has reached the ultimate level of edge of your seat action and drama. Then I read the next time one and am blown away again. Eric Asher has a true gift and talent and I’m thankful he shares it with us.
Danita Mitchell
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blood mages (magi?) Beth and Cornelius journey to the Shadowlands, the source of their magical powers. They seek another of the powerful artifacts needed to save Damian Vesik. This realm and its inhabitants guard one of the seals which keep most of the Eldritch things out of our world, but the land face a danger of their own.
Thomas Griffin
Nudd's balls

Soon they will be removed and the world can go to sleep a better place. In the meantime, another good tale from different characters in the Vesik world. Laughs, cries and the occasional marshmallow!
Joscelyn Smith
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another adventurous step in the quest to get Vesik back. I cannot wait for this story arc to merge with the arc of the main storyline, the tension is killing me.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Ginelle Blanch
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emotional, dangerous, surprising...getting closer to the end game. Nothing comes easy, the closer we come to the end, the harder things get...the more lives are lost. The strength in these allies continues to astound me. Can't wait to see what happens next! ...more
Wendy Schindler
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Massive magics! New friends and battle-buddies! And deep sacrifice and loss..
It's a fantastic story! So happy I found this author and his stories!
You're gonna need a hanky though, so be prepared..

Highest recommendations from me!!
Mike Arthur
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am loving all of the Vesik "Book of the... " books. Each centers on a different character in the Vesik series, but still nicely moves the story along. If you have gotten to this point, read it NOW! If you have not, then get caught up by binge reading the whole lot of them. ...more
Nicole
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So close

I love this series and this story brings us one step closer to the answers we have been waiting for.
Alan Boggs
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another action packed book from Eric Asher in the Vesik series. This is a quick read that kept me turning the pages. This is one of my favorite series and authors.

c. woods
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Go buy the book, seriously.

Yeahhhhhhhh, I said it. Go buy it! Actually, go buy the whole series! Hurry up, adventure awaits you within these electronic or paper halls!

Ronald Manley
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Again Eric has outdone himself, A very excellent story I was interested in the Shadowlands.
Andrea Laws
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The pieces are coming together as Beth and Cornelius tell their story. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next installment.

**FREE DAMIAN**
Todd
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent chapter in the Books of the Dead. It was a treat to see more of 2 of the lesser involved characters in Beth and Cornelius. Beth definitely leveled up bigtime while in the Shadow Land. I always love the character interplay that makes up a big chunk of the stories.
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Favorite one yet.

Wow! What a ride! The Book of the Blade is my favorite so far in The Book of the Dead novellas. Non stop nail biting action cover to cover. And when the Innkeeper unleashes her power... Holy Hell. Another 5 star installment from Eric Asher.
Lel
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This installement of the Books of the Dead takes us into The Shadowlands with Cornelius and Beth. A dangerous journey but necessary if there is any hope of saving Damien. The two mages face dangers and enemies and have to grow within themselves.
A powerful and absorbing chapter in the story, which is impossible to put down.
John Harnett
Nov 02, 2020
Mark Dow
Aug 11, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Savage (The Temple Chronicles, #15)
  • Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • Dark Glass (Montague & Strong Case Files #11)
  • Halo Breaker (Feathers and Fire, #10)
  • Druid Arcane (Colin McCool #11)
  • Moonshine (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #11)
  • The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (Inheritance, #1)
  • Blood Rule (Rule of The Council #3)
  • Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
  • Go Dwarf Yourself (Dwarf Bounty Hunter, #1)
  • Druid Master (Colin McCool #12)
  • Requiem: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel (Montague & Strong Case Files Book 13)
  • The Dime (Betty Rhyzyk, #1)
  • Wholesale Slaughter (Wholesale Slaughter #1)
  • Missouri Loves Company (Rip Lane, #1)
  • Case Files: Preacher: A Near Future Thriller (Forsaken Mercenary)
  • Wolf of the Tesseract (Wolves of the Tesseract #1)
  • Fire Ant (The Navy of Humanity: Wasp Squadron #1)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)

News & Interviews