Jump to ratings and reviews
Teri
Silence.
That’s all I had from him for years.
Broken promises.
Dreams of a life we should have had.
Except he left me behind.
And then he showed up, scarred and broken.
I can’t save him.
Hell, I can’t even save myself.
When he promises me the world, I know he’s full of shit.
But that doesn’t stop me from letting him in.
From hoping he’s not going to break me again.

Logan
I made promise after promise.
Broke every single one of them without looking back.
Okay, that’s a lie.
I looked back, and I made damned sure she never loved anyone else.
She’s always belonged to me.
I know I’m not a good man.
I may be dense, but I’m not a f*cking idiot.
When I get the chance to have her, I take it.
Her kiss. Her smell. The way she screams my name.
In the dark pit of my life, she’s the only salvation.
And I’ll destroy anything that tries to take her from me again.

236 pages, Kindle Edition

Published September 28, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

April Canavan

67 books2,058 followers
USA Today Bestselling author by day and superhero by night... Seriously, though. I write Contemporary Romance that will tear my readers apart and put them back together again.
As long I have coffee, I legit think I can conquer the world.

Find all my social media here:
geni.us/StalkApril

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (<1%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 118 reviews
Profile Image for Ashley Carr, LSoR.
3,985 reviews46 followers
September 29, 2021
Another fantastic addition to the series! This story absolutely broke my heart. There is so much history between Teri and Logan and their families. A tragic circumstance compromises their love for each other and has Logan pulling away from Teri. The love two share is one for the history books, but will they get a second chance at a HEA?
Profile Image for World Of Books 65.
1,890 reviews35 followers
September 28, 2021
With every book in this series I have required a kleenex by my side, and none more so than Below the Line, normally it takes a while for the tears to kick in, but April Canavan started early with Logan and Teri's story. I was once again left in awe by this emotionally charged deeply moving story.
'Stree-Induced cardiomyopathy' = Broken Heart Syndrome'.

For 14 years Logan has tried to keep his distance from the only woman he has ever loved, Teri, but after one fateful night when she nearly died and Logan blamed himself he has tried to stay away, but that is all about to change, well it is on Logan's part but Teri has other ideas, they now may be thrown together by fate, but she can't give her heart to him again, he broke it once, she won't survivor a 2nd time.

Ms Canavan didn't hold back in this story, as with bated breath and much hair-pulling, I was fully in the Logan camp, as he sets about proving he isn't going anywhere, even though I wanted to hit him for taking so long to put right his mistake in letting Teri go in the first place.
Profile Image for Sua.
473 reviews
September 26, 2021
An excellent end to this series! I couldn’t decide if I wanted to devour the book in one go or savor each page to absorb how good these characters truly are. I loved that April had a good amount of push and pull between Teri and Logan to be able to get their second chance at love. I couldn’t get enough of the funny moments and the family dynamics that will surely pull any other reader in. Plus it wouldn’t be a Birch County Heros book if there wasn’t a bit of action happening to try keep these heroines safe, which this book certainly dishes out.

Profile Image for Tiffany Readz.
1,828 reviews45 followers
September 27, 2021
3.5 Stars-Wasn't Too Sure of This One...

Below the Line is the fifth book in the Birch Police Department series and the only one that I have read. That said, it holds up well as a standalone. This is the story of Logan and Teri.

Logan and Teri have a long, tragic past that they can't get over to move on. Well, he can't get over it and seems to drag her back in constantly. Teri loves him, but is sick and tired of his games and is finally ready to move forward. It was one of those annoying relationships where he treats her like crap and she lets him time after time.

I wasn't a fan of Logan or Teri. They were both all over the board with thier emotions and the constant mind F she let herself go through got real old, real fast. This was the couple that would have been better off going thier own way from the get go.

The book is well written, although for the first 3/4 of it, I wasn't sure if I even liked it. None of the characters were appealing to me and the girls constantly talked or complained about being pregnant ad nauseum. We finally get some action towards the end where Teri redeemed herself a bit in my eyes. Below the Line stars Logan and Teri, while also featuring the characters from previous books in the series. It reads well as a standalone.

Reviewed for Renee Entress's Blog.
8,360 reviews24 followers
October 5, 2021
Fourteen years of heartbreak concludes in one heart pounding smexy ending

Below the Line is the fifth book in the Birch County Heroes series and this one will take you on an emotional roller-coaster of a ride. There are the lowest of lows and then you get to climb out until the reach the pinnacle and then are plunged down and thrown around into a loop-d-loop, hanging upside down. The story is about Logan and Teri is tragic, darker and very emotional. They shared something that has haunted them both and taken a toll on them. There is also a lot of back and forth between them which at times is a bit much but at others plays well with the characters. I will say that there were more than a few times where I wanted to take Logan by the ear and drag him out of himself and into the light and love that Teri had been waiting and hoping to give him.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving my honest review. My opinions are all my own.
Profile Image for Charlotte.
2,691 reviews29 followers
October 6, 2021
Oh boy the Birch police department series certainly tugs at your heartstrings. There isnt a book ive read that has left me close to tears and Teri & Logan's book is no different. You realise from the very first chapter that these two characters are absolutely perfect for one another but Logan (who has his own reasons) is adamant that he doesnt want a relationship with Teri but he cant let her go either. So their left both in this limbo thats hurting both of them. Theres so much tied up with these two love, pain and guilt being the major factors which are keeping them apart both also keeping them together. Its a bittersweet romance with characters that i couldnt help but feel for and want to get a HEA ending too. I loved this book as much as others ive read in this series
Profile Image for Read All About It.
1,333 reviews24 followers
September 28, 2021
We have watched Teri and Logan dance around each other throughout this series. This time we get a in depth look at what happened to them in the past.

“She’s everything, and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her. Even follow her to whatever godforsaken town she moves to, if she decides to move.”

In past books we got a impression of there relationship but boy were we wrong. The latter part of this story is super intense. The characters interaction is lively and page turning.

“You brought tacos.” She stood on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek. “Thank you.” See? That’s why I couldn’t kill him. I still needed a lifetime of her kisses.

Can’t wait to see what Birch County has in store next.
157 reviews2 followers
February 1, 2022
Loved it Loved it Loved it. Action, entertaining, steamy, a real page turner. Their chemistry has been building since the first book. And this is the 5th book in the series. Logan left Teri heartbroken joined the military became a firefighter and then a police officer. A must read.

Profile Image for The Book Lover.
2,045 reviews28 followers
October 11, 2021
Another great story by Miss Canavan, I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down.
Profile Image for Kat.
173 reviews2 followers
September 26, 2021
“Mine,” she whispered, and I opened my eyes to see the passion in hers.
“Yeah.” I nodded. “All yours.”

Logan Pierce and Teri Blake have known each other their whole lives. They were living happily in bliss in their teens when something tragic happens to Teri that causes Logan to run away. For years Logan has followed Teri around, serving in the military and then switching occupations from firefighter to policeman just so he can continue to follow Teri around and to keep her safe from any possible dangers. Teri is finally fed up and plans to finally leave Birch but will that stop Logan from following her and finally claiming her again?

First and foremost, ugh my heart from the trauma Logan went through and his love and obsession for Teri. And my heart went to Teri for having to endure the never ending heartache for a man who wouldn’t want to give them a chance because of something that happened over a decade ago.

I felt like there wasn’t enough groveling and that they did get together pretty quick BUT I also understand the situation and how even though he kept his distance he was always there loving her from afar and making sure she was safe.

I am a bit overwhelmed with the amount of characters in the book. I remember most from the previous books but I had to go and try to figure out who Nia and a few other characters were or whether we have met the MC Teri’s father and brother were part of. Then I had to stalk April and see if there were books written about them because I don’t know I felt like I was missing out on something. And then I kept forgetting that the main characters called Logan’s sister “Lettie” instead of Charlotte so I was confused for some of it.

I also felt like there was a lot going on in the book and it was a bit hard for me to stay engaged during the last like 10 chapters. Well except for like the last chapter because I don’t know why but I started bawling my eyes out for the reasoning behind the name.

BUT besides that, I enjoyed reading the book. I felt like Logan and Teri came a long way after over a decade of heartache and not being together. I am so happy they finally got their happily ever after. And can I mention how hot Logan is!!! I think Ian is still my favorite though.

Ugh and I’m also super heartbroken about Sam and Lettie. And I didn’t get my fill of Nox!!

Can’t wait for the next Birch County series!!! I was literally hoping they would get a series and I have a feeling who will be featured in the next book!

Rating: 3.75/5

Profile Image for Kelchickbooklover.
978 reviews34 followers
October 7, 2021
With each book that I read of April's, I find that they get better and better. Below the Line is one of the best ones yet. She has a way of making every turn of the page more gripping and heart-stopping. I've been waiting for Logan and Teri's story for a while and I am so glad that it is finally here.

Logan is a detective with the Birch Police department and so everyone that he loves. He has loved Teri for years but when he almost lost her all those years ago he lost himself. He keeps breaking into her house no matter what type of locks she puts on her door. She lets him because she cannot say no but he breaks her heart when he walks out. Logan lost his sister years ago to an overdose but it was murder and Logan caught the guy. When tragedy strikes on a family camping trip with his and Teri's families, he sees his worst fear coming to life. Logan gets the news of a lifetime while in the hospital with Teri. His focus had now changed and he is even more determined to protect Teri. When the murderer of his sister gets released things become unsettling and he is determined to take care of business as well as Teri. Will he be able to keep her safe? What about the secrets that he is keeping from her? Will he get Teri to finally realize that he is not leaving this time?

Teri has been hiding her feeling for Logan for years since he broke her heart when she almost died all those years ago. Although she lets him into her heart she tries to keep it guarded. When she goes on a daily camping weekend, and Logan's family is there, tragedy strikes and puts her in the hospital. She gets some unexpected news that throws her for a loop. How does she react when Logan hears her unexpected news? Teri decides to follow her heart for the first time in a long time and lets Logan in. When she receives something in the mail that upsets her, she tries to hide it. As time goes on, she and Logan get even closer but when secrets or omissions are kept how will she react? Teri is determined not to let anything get in her way and that includes Logan.

The chemistry between Logan and Teri is off the charts. The love that they have for each other is so evident in everything that they do and say. April has done a wonderful job of their story and she has you feeling all sorts of emotions as you read their story. I am sad to see this is the last book in the Birch Police Department series as I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every single one of them.
Profile Image for Kelly  DeMarco.
1,546 reviews3 followers
September 29, 2021
Masterful suspense in this epic love story
Below The Line (Birch Police Department Book 5) by April Canavan is truly an epic love story. Logan and Teri have been in love for more than a decade. Logan's pain, loss, and guilt kept them apart. Teri wants to move on as much as she wants Logan to stop pushing her away. Their story is so heartfelt and long overdue for their second chance. Fans of this series, it is masterfully crafted; emotionally, characters, and plot.
Logan and Teri have intrigued me from their introduction. Their second chance finally brings a much deserved and long time coming resolution that allows this couple that has suffered so much, for so long to be together. Logan is so alpha, almost to his detriment! Thinking that he had to stay away to protect Teri, he broke both of them nearly to irreparable damage. Teri is independent, sassy and as much of a force to be reckoned with as Logan is. The chemistry is off the charts and undeniable.
The plot is full of suspense coming from all directions for these characters. Between the threat to Logan and Teri as well as Teri's condition, that feeling of constantly wondering when and how the other show would drop was prevalent in every chapter. This, along with the second chance, Teri and Logan's interactions, the other characters made the book, a page turner. While serious and intense for the pain Logan and Teri experienced and begin to work through, there are also moments of brevity and light heartedness. The guys as well as the gals in this series are often funny to read and demonstrate how great of friends they all are.
Overall, this second chance does Logan and Teri justice. It wasn't easy, but in true April Canavan fashion, both characters work to make their HEA happen prevailing after all the tragedy and trauma, stronger and more deeply in love than before. Smashed my heart to pieces then slowly put it back together again. Epic indeed!
I read an ARC of this book via Hidden Gems and voluntarily share my review.
Profile Image for Nedra81 .
519 reviews
September 30, 2021
What an emotional ending to this exciting adventure of the Birch PD and the woman they love! Each story topped the last one, saving the best for last. Logan and Teri’s back story was filled with so much sorrow, loss, and tragedy, that their entire relationship finally made sense. There was a lot of love on both of their behalf’s, and a need to protect the other, that they were doing more harm than good.

“𝕀𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕠𝕟’𝕥 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖, 𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕚, 𝕀’𝕞 𝕘𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘.”

Teri has always been a quiet side character in previous stories, continuing with this one until all resolve faded away. She’s feisty, a fighter and definitely a survivor that is capable of protecting herself, not needing a man for protection. Getting to know the true side of her was so much fun and exciting.

𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕘𝕒𝕟 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤.

Logan is such a sweet, caring soul who was always looking out for Teri’s greater good, just went about it in in a rather unconventional fashion. Finally finding what kept him from the woman he loved, started the waterworks flowing and didn’t stop until the last word. These two characters were perfectly made for each other, just had to go through hell to get there.

ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕒𝕤 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕦𝕤.

The intense chemistry between these two was obvious in previous books. The constant bickering, denial, and passion was undeniably evident. Their desire for each other was felt through the words with every emotion pouring out of their emotions. And, on true Caravan fashion, the tragedy forced onto them was hellacious. Completely bummed to say goodbye to these families, hoping to read updates on future stories, specifically on Nox and Bea!
Profile Image for Sara.
1,203 reviews4 followers
October 5, 2021
So very, very good! As eager as I was to read this book, I also was worried at how angsty and emotional I anticipated it would be due to all the drama between Logan and Teri in the prior books in this series. I’m so happy I was wrong. Yes their is angst and emotional scenes, but not the overwhelming degree I expected and no more than the relationships in the prior books experienced - whew!

So Teri and Logan have a very intense backstory that starts when she was 16 and he was 18. His sister, and her best friend was killed due to a heroin overdose at the hands of a drug dealer. Two weeks later Logan nearly loses Teri when she is shot in the chest and her heart stops while in his arms. These two traumatic events in such a short time mess with Logan and he walks away from Teri, but can’t let her go.

Now, it’s 14 years later and they are caught in a up and down non-relationship. Logan comes to her in the middle of the night and Teri can’t say no to the passionate response he inspires from her body.

A health crisis, the unexpected surprise that resulted from their week at the lake with friends to complete and danger from the past all culminate in an engaging and adrenaline rush of a story. This couple have been through so much and have so much love for each other, they just have more challenges to navigate to achieve their HEA.

The tight group of men and women from the prior books in this series are all present and accounted for in this conclusion to the series. There is emotions galore and a significant amount of humor. Tacos and pizza are consumed in large quantities by Teri and her friends so anticipate some food cravings as you read this incredible story.

I’m eager for the spin-off series that starts later this month focusing on the Birch County Fire Department.

Profile Image for Edie L..
1,305 reviews6 followers
October 6, 2021
Below The Line by April Canavan
This book was so good. It is the 5th book on this series and I have been missing out. This book is about Terri and Logan and their relationship. It got me just from the blurb. I read the summary provided and was hooked from there. So I was extremely happy when I received an ARC. I was like ok you got me I’ll read it but not only this one I must go back and start from book one. I began reading and though it was gonna be about a messed up jerk trying to win back his love after he messed up . it was going to be one of this books you feel like the main female character that is like of he’s back in going back in but nope I was wrong. Logan is ex-military and now a police officer and Teri is his ex-girlfriend and has been the love of his life since they were kids. What did Logan so you ask well you must read it to find out but i will say this. This is not an easy i forgive you lest be happy story no. There is so much that has happened between them in the past. He can’t get over what happened yet he can’t let her go either. As for Teri she truly loves Logan but she is getting to the point where she is reaching the end of it all. After a very scary incident things start falling into place and it starts to push them back together. They are doing so well. It looks like finally their happily ever after is in reach. But nothing good ever lasts because their past comes back and threatens their future. Like i have already stated this story is so good. It’s intense, addicting, and has absolutely wonderful characters. It has the right amount of steamy and what we all want a HEA. The author did such an amazing job. I will definitely be looking for other books from her and reading every book in the series .
1,144 reviews5 followers
October 19, 2021
Below the Line is the fifth book in the Birch Police Department series. I do think this series is better read and the characters better understood if read in order. Teri and Logan have a complicated relationship of give and take and hurt, but there’s love and protection that underlies everything. When Teri finds out a shocking truth and her life is threatened, Logan will do anything to keep her safe. But will there be forgiveness before danger tears them apart?

Oh holy smokes, Ms. Canavan did it again! I was completely hooked right from the very beginning, I refused to put the book down, and I stayed up super late finishing this book! I loved every single second and every single page, even when I was crying, even when I was terrified for the characters, knowing that Teri and Logan had to find their happily ever after. They had just been through too much! Teri was tired of fighting, tired of giving, but couldn’t stay away from Logan and would accept anything he would throw her way. I loved her strength, I loved that she could save herself if needed, and I loved that everything she did was fueled by the love she had for Logan. And man, he was quite perfect for her. He was so protective, for very good reasons, riddled with guilt and anxiety, but his heart was so full for Teri. He let her be the woman she was, gave her the sense of being alone or independent, but I loved that he put her first. Their passion was explosive, their trust needed work, but man, they were addictive and everything I’ve wanted them to be! I was a little surprised at some of the little twists in this book, but I loved this book! I adore the strong men and women of this series! There’s drama, there’s danger, and so much love!
2,520 reviews16 followers
October 1, 2021
This is book five in The Birch Country Heroes Series and it is Teri and Logan's story and omg it is an emotional and must read. Teri and Logan were so in love and had been in each other's life forever but when Teri is in a accident and nearly died Logan blamed himself so he decided to leave breaking both of there heart. Now Logan is back and still wants Teri as he is still in love with her and she is the only woman for him but now he has to convince Teri that they were always meant to be together. Will they get a second chance of being together or will Teri keep digging her heals in keeping them apart as her walls are so high and will Logan be able to break through to her and prove that he is worth taking a chance on only time will tell. Omg the connection and between Teri and Logan was off the charts and you could feel it sizzling of the pages of this book but they both have so much baggage between them and you found yourself cheering them along as they are so perfect for each other. Get the tissues ready because you are in for a roller coaster ride of emotions that will have you in tears many times but I still couldn't put this book down as it was so amazing and addictive. This book takes you in right from the start and kept you on the edge of your seat until the last page and I definitely recommend you read this book and others by April Canavan who is an amazing author and writer and she certainly knows how to keep her reader's attention and I can't wait to read more of her books as the depth of her writing is what makes her books worth reading.

Profile Image for Michelle.
346 reviews2 followers
September 27, 2021
5 stars just doesn't do this book the justice it deserves, although neither will my review lol. Below the Line had it all, and made me feel so many different things. I loved Teri and Logan, and the history and bond they have is deep even though they aren't together...that isn't by Teri's choice, that's all Logan. He loves her with everything he has, but because of things that happened years ago that devastated Logan he doesn't believe he's good enough for Teri, and he's staying away (not really) to keep her safe. The problem with that is, he really can't stay away, and he ends up hurting her every time he leaves. Something happens, and someone gives Logan that smack upside the head that Logan so desperately needs to wake him up and go after what he really wants!! There are some surprises in this story, and you'll be on the edge of your seat when something happens that has Logan and EVERYBODY banding together to save the day, and make sure those that deserve to pay get exactly what they have comin'. I gotta say, Teri is one badass chick, and she is more than capable of taking care of herself which is something that Logan soon realizes though he did kinda know that too....it was just proven in a pretty epic way!! I LOVE April and ANYTHING Birch County, so I can't wait to see what evil genius she comes up with next!!!!! I NEVER want these series to end, that's how freakin' AWESOME I think they are, and April knows how much I absolutely adore anything Birch, so I know whatever she does next will be AWEMAZING!!!
Profile Image for Storied Conversation.
377 reviews611 followers
September 28, 2021
I wasn't sure I was going to like this book. I mean I felt some things about Logan because of things that were said in previous books. I mean he seemed like the ultimate stalker. Then I get this book and my heart broke for the pair of them. They experience a trauma together when they were young that left its mark on them in so many ways.

It left Logan terrified to be with Teri and ends up wasting so many years because of it. He loves and refuses to allow her to move on beyond them. Yet, at the same time, can't give her himself. While Teri has been left loving a man who won't allow himself to love her fully. They have been stuck in a sort of limbo.

April Canavan does an amazing job with this book. It is well written and she introduces us to the guys who will be in her next series about the fire department. I was curious about Teri's family as well since her father and brother are in a motorcycle club but after some checking I hadn't missed any books on them.

This was the perfect end to an amazing series and one that I am so thrilled to have discovered. I took a chance on April Canavan several books ago and I am so glad that I did. She has become one of my favorite authors.

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. This review was originally posted on Wickedly Romance
Profile Image for TLynn.
1,239 reviews12 followers
September 30, 2021
Below the Line is the fifth book in the Birch Police Department series by April Canavan. Reading them in order is best but each book can be read as a standalone. I have come to really love this series and all the characters. The books are well written and will take you on an emotional rollercoaster. One minute I was crying and the next I was laughing from all the snarky dialogue and good nature teasing between the characters. This book was more serious than the previous books and was a heartbreaker.
“If anything happened to her, I didn’t even have to think about it. I would burn the entire world down while I smiled and welcomed the death that would bring me back to her”
At eighteen years old, Logan had watched Teri die when she was shot. He still feels guilty for it and thinks he doesn’t deserve her, but he can’t let her go. Teri was ready to let go of her dreams of a future with Logan. When an enemy from their past appears Logan will do anything to keep her safe.
This was an amazing story and I’ve really enjoyed every book in the series. All the characters were likable, and I enjoyed meeting them all. This is a series that I can see myself rereading in the future. I cannot wait for the next release in the Birch County series.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Daisy Sauceda.
1,809 reviews20 followers
October 4, 2021
The BPD Series by April Canavan is really good. I am so glad I read an excerpt from an anthology she was in. So here is another story that I have been waiting to read but then again all of them are good. So we all know that there is something going on with Teri and Logan through out the series. All we knew was that something happened but they can't seem to let go. Logan wants Teri with every fiber of his being but he does not want to be the reason that she is not alive. He has demons that haunt him and we find out what they are in this book. Let me just say that I totally did not see those demons coming. I mean dang, I would have done the same thing he did. Then we have Teri who craves him with her last breath but at the same time she does not want to go through the pain again. It seems like Logan causes her pain everyday without realizing what it is doing to her. That is until we find out about her broken heart syndrome and something else. Now we see a different side to Logan and Teri. She is keeping her distance and he is just wanting to make sure she is safe. Then someone from their past comes back and it gets crazy. Logan is now on a mission to rescue his woman and he does not care what it will cost him. I will say that we end with a happily ever after but endured a lot of tragedies along the way. This is one of my favorite series for sure.
September 29, 2021
This book was more than I could have ever expected! I’ve so enjoyed Birch PD and Teri and Logan were just one couple that you spent so much time trying to figure out and why there’s so much push and pull going on between them. When I tell you April left me with my mouth on the floor and completely shredded that I needed to be put back together…WHEW! I understand completely why Logan was the way he was, loss makes you do crazy things and Logan got it in spades so quickly and close together. Never telling Teri and always keeping her at arms length was something he should have shared with her, but I understand why he felt he couldn’t. All those early morning therapy sessions with Ian didn’t seem to bring him to a breakthrough either. These two were always meant to be, even as children and they still had to crawl through hell to get to their HEA. The broken heart syndrome and the sudden love of ‘tacos’ was a great twist, as well as the suspense of the individual from their past. Just when you thought you knew everything about the men and women of Birch, you learn so much more. I can’t wait for BFD and hopefully updates of the pd along the way.

October 4, 2021
After the teasing that has been endured over the last few books regarding Terri and Logan this book had some serious hype to live up to….and it exceeded it in every regard

Romantic, emotional, devastating and yet happy, this book brings all the feels (and the tears) to the surface (as well as some LOL moments!)

It’s been hard to understand why Terri has put up with Logan and even early in the book I found myself questioning why her family continued to push for her to give him more chances when he clearly didn’t deserve them but then…..oh

And still harder to work out what the heck Logan’s problem was and when you find out your heart will break.

What follows is a masterclass in wooing and epic forgiveness.

The usual gang shenanigans keeping it real throughout as well as copious Taco references (these books make me hungry..) and more characters brought in to add to the already full world AC has built (helllooo Niles!!)

A passionate and fulfilling end to this mini saga, and a great intro to the new series. Can’t wait (and glad it isn’t a long wait!!) for Ground Zero

A must read

Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
11k reviews138 followers
September 29, 2021
OH LAWD! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this crew despite the fact that our heroes can be very difficult in all of their infinite wisdom. Teri & Logan were always supposed to end up together, but things took a turn when Logan lost his sister & almost lost Teri, so he broke her heart. Now in the present day, he just sneaks into her place so they can hook up because honestly, he never got over her, but finally, she's had enough because it's just gotten too painful for her. She's about to leave town to start over somewhere else when something big hits, and finally Logan has gotten his head out of his behind, but she still doesn't trust him not to leave her. These two were super hot together, and like all the other couples, hilarious as well, but I have to say Teri with her friends had me laughing way too hard throughout. Of course things just can't go easily so twists are coming in hot at this point, with danger coming for Teri, so can Logan keep it together to keep her safe?! Well, you'll have to hit those one click buttons to find out, and trust me, you want to find out! HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Profile Image for Brittany Grantham.
161 reviews3 followers
September 30, 2021
This book is so good! I read the summary and was like ok you got me I’ll read it. I went into it thinking it was gonna be about a messed up jerk trying to win back his love. Like one of this books you feel like the main female character has Stockholm Syndrome but no ma’am Pam. Logan is ex-military and now a police officer. Teri is his ex-girlfriend and has been the love of his life since they were kids. So much has happened to them in the past he can’t get over it but he can’t let her go either. Teri loves Logan so much but she’s reaching the end of it all with him. After a scary incident things start falling into place to push them back together. They are doing so well and finally looking at their happily ever after when the past comes back for them. This story is so good. It’s intense, addicting, has wonderful characters, has the right amount of steamy and is an HEA. This is a book you can read over and over never getting tired of it.The author did such an amazing job. I will definitely be looking for other books from her. This book should be read.

Profile Image for Trish.
1,378 reviews6 followers
October 7, 2021
This is the fifth book in the Birch Police Department series. Oh my wow! What an avalanche of emotions in this one. I couldn’t put this book down. You can read and enjoy it as a standalone but I highly recommend you read the other books in this series. You’re missing some really wonderful books if you don’t. There's been a buildup of Logan and Teri's relationship throughout the previous books. They've known each other their whole live and loved each other for almost as long but Logan's guilt is keeping them apart. Logan can't stay away from Teri but he's terrified to stay. Will he finally come to his senses before he loses her forever? April Canavan pulls you into the story and before you know it, you're laughing until you're face hurts and then ten minutes later you find tears rolling down your cheeks. Her books are pure entertainment and a guaranteed buy for me. Yes, I purchased copies even though I received an ARC because I will end up reading this series again. I just loved and enjoyed them so much. Can't wait to get my hands on Ground Zero!

Profile Image for Courtney.
1,685 reviews1 follower
September 27, 2021
Logan and Teri were sweethearts when they were younger and a series of tragic events has left Logan placing all the blame on himself. He can’t seem to let go of his past, he never let go of Teri even if he did walk away but his guilt was constantly at the forefront of his mind. Teri has always loved Logan and still does but the pain of constantly seeing him, being near him, but can never truly have him is too much pain for her to bear. She wants to let him go but doesn’t know how yet she can’t keep living in this in between state they are caught in. Logan wants her but doesn’t deem himself worthy of her it is fair how he keeps stringing her along with his back and forth attitude. When things happen to Teri again Logan sees his chance to try and get her back but until he learns to let go of the past there is no way they can move forward. With tragedy, suspense, pain, and everything between Logan and Teri have a lot of things to work through but will the past have a way to always stand in between them and a future?
1,625 reviews11 followers
September 29, 2021
Non-stop emotional romance and suspense as Teri Blake and Logan Pierce fight the battle of love. Logan, with the Birch Police Department and Teri, a dispatcher, have over a decade of back-and-forth disagreements, love, coming together and falling apart. He believes that he is not good enough for her and that he is the reason she was shot, and almost died, when they were teens. Teri wants his love, but if he can’t be with her then she must decide whether to remain in town or move away and move on with her life, without Logan. When circumstances dictate that they move in together, can they resolve their differences and become a family of two, or more? As law enforcement, they are used to the actions that can create a life-or-death situation. When Teri is threatened, will Logan and his fellow officers find her in time? I have read this entire series and it is one of those series that you will want to read again, to revisit this amazing law enforcement family. I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation for an honest review. (by paytonpuppy)
3,883 reviews8 followers
October 5, 2021
I have been waiting for this new "Birch County Heroes" story. It is a stand alone read with connected characters. This one is about Logan and Teri. These two have a history together and I am glad to finally get their story. Because of him she almost died three times. After the first time he stayed away until she almost dies again. This time from what is called broken heart syndrome. Then he vows never again. This is such a good story that I started and could not put down until the very cute ending. The fun part of this story is that Teri has been on "Team Pizza" and does not do tacos, until she finds herself craving them. This was so much fun. All the pregnancy talk was hilarious and so true. I loved how protective and loving Lo was with her. This story does have some great and witty dialogue, danger, murder, suspense, passion, love, forgiveness, excitement and good twists and turns. I loved every bit of this story!! Please tell me we are going to get Kevin's story soon.
Profile Image for Larissa Rye.
1,049 reviews11 followers
September 26, 2021
Every time I read a book in this series, I always have the thought that oh my god this group of friends are the most unlucky humans alive. Logan & Terri’s book was no different. I was really shocked by their past & everything that happened in this book. Plus the entire read I had this horrible feeling that something terrible would happen which only made me keep reading because I had to find out what happened. April sucks you in & doesn’t let you go until your smiling at the end & forgetting about the ringer she just put you through!

I was really excited to get Logan & Terri’s story & it definitely lived up the hype. It was extremely sad, shocking, sweet, hilarious, nerve wrecking & then such an awesome ending! I can’t say much more than that because I don’t want to give spoilers & this book has more surprises than I think any of the other books in this series. I’m happy to hear this isn’t the end either & more books are still coming because I love going back to this world!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 118 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.