Start by marking “A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)

A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire

(Blood and Ash #2)

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  47,974 ratings  ·  6,526 reviews
A Betrayal…

Everything Poppy has ever believed in is a lie, including the man she was falling in love with. Thrust among those who see her as a symbol of a monstrous kingdom, she barely knows who she is without the veil of the Maiden. But what she does know is that nothing is as dangerous to her as him. The Dark One. The Prince of Atlantia. He wants her to fight him, and th
Published September 1st 2020 by Blue Box Press

·  47,974 ratings  ·  6,526 reviews

Start your review of A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
Laura Thalassa
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How?

How is this better than the first book?

Guys, Jennifer Armentrout used straight up witchcraft to write this novel. That’s got to be her secret because I didn’t think she could top From Blood and Ash, but she did!

Okay, not going to spoil anything, though the book's final revelation had me FREAKING OUT. And now comes the heartbreaking part—settling in for the wait until the next book.

Seriously, this series is my top of 2020!!! Highly, HIGHLY recommend!

******

*SCREAMING* I'm so friggin' excited
jessica
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
i reread this entire thing for the last scene alone.
cas on his knees, bowing, is the thing fantasies are made of.

______________________

this series is the best thing JLA has ever written and is singlehandedly saving me from the disastrous year that is 2020.
She-who-must-not-be-named
WARNING : TOO MUCH ANGST THAT IS INJURIOUS TO YOUR HEALTH
There, I said it.

The Book Gods have finally listened to my prayers and combined the ingredients of intriguing premise, ultra powerful protagonists, amazing secondary characters, captivating world and not to forget- delicious, tantalizing romance and poof - A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire was born- One that will woo you into its clutches and make your heart thrum at a faster rhythm in your chest, one that will make you smile like an idiot at
Mary S. R.
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of new adult romance
(4.5 ★’s)

If you value your sanity, don’t read this book unless you also hold the sequel—but if you’re my friend, you probably never valued your sanity anyways. So allow me to give you a breakdown of what is currently going on in my obsessed brain:

✦ Am I too biased to even attempt to rate this objectively? Definitely.
✦ Isn’t the rating ultimately about my thoughts and emotions and, besides, can’t it be said that if the issues did not obscure my enjoyment then they don’t truly matter to me anyhow?
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Ever since I finished From Blood and Ash, A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire shot up to the top of my most anticipated sequels of 2020. FBAA is one of my favorite books this year and the ending absolutely killed me. I NEEDED to read more of Poppy, Cas, and this epic fantasy world full of gods, magic, and vampires! Thankfully, this much-awaited sequel did not disappoint. I loved being back with our main characters, who have such great banter and chemistry together, and learning more about this new world ...more
Nicole
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, fantasy, new-adult
Was this fun?
Extremely.
Do I want to read the sequel ASAP?
Oh yes.
Was it perfect?
Not by a long shot.

I just finished reading this book and I’m thinking I read over 500 pages and what progress has been made since the total kickass From Blood and Ash? Not much. However, I read it fairly quickly and wasn’t bored at all. Nonetheless, it doesn't deserve 4 stars because it had its share of flaws. While they did not affect my enjoyment –most of the time- they certainly made me lower my rating.

Sadly, I ca
Tani
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Buddy read with Kim ...more
Phuong ✯
Update: I'm obsessed with the Blood and Ash fanart and need to share another one!

Credit: Clever Crow

A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire is the sequel in the From Blood and Ash series and starts right where the first book left off. It will answers some of the questions, but to no one's surprise will also leave you with a lot of questions and theories thanks to the mean cliffhanger.

Atlantia rose from blood and ash. We are no longer a fallen kindom. Not by any sense of the world. We haven't been for a
Melanie
1.) From Blood and Ash ★★★★

i enjoyed book one so much more, sadly ;___; but i still had such a fun time reading! and maybe some polyamory rep in the next book, or maybe i'm truly just a clown all around <3 rtc!

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch

Buddy read with Maëlys! ❤
Sentranced Jem
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2020
No no no no no! You cannot end this book on such a massive cliffhanger!You cannot do this Jennifer!

From Blood and Ash was on the list of my top reads during the first half of 2020.I am aware that I sound like a broken record but I loved that book, so much so that I’ve read it numerous times.I didn’t think A kingdom of Flesh and Fire would be as good but Jennifer L. Armentrout proved me wrong.
I am absolutely in awe of JLA’s imagination.

I am not going to sugar coat it…A Kingdom of Flesh and Fi
Arini
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
#1 From Blood and Ash — 3.5 Stars
#2 A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire — 3.75 Stars

Idk if someone’s mentioned it or if I’m alone in this, but AKOFAF felt like the mix between Twilight and ACOMAF with a little bit of Wonder Woman cause for some reason Atlantia and the army of female warriors made me think of Themyscira. I’m not alluding to any similarities in plot or romance specifically, but this book certainly got the vibes.

I felt pretty much the same as I did the 1st book, but can we talk about the e
Lia Carstairs
  “I don’t want to pretend,” I whispered.
“I’m Poppy and you’re Casteel, and this is real.”

Can you hear me crying? That's also real.
This book was too beautiful.🥺

AKOFAF is definitely one of the best books of 2020 and my favourite from JLA.🥰
I didn't even think it was possible to love JLA more than I already do, but it is.

🔥THIS QUEEN🔥

How does she do it?!?! Casteel, Poppy, and Kieran have got to be my favourite characters from all of her books. The banter between them all and just.....everything.
❀ Rose ❀
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
2 stars
Okk Judging by all the five star ratings that i’ve been seeing for this book, I’m honestly in the minority here but that’s ok. A lot of things hindered my enjoyment of this book so let me just get into them.

🔹 Overall feelings:
〰 oh my ever loving God who the hell allowed this book to be this long for no freaking reason? I liked some aspects of it but if you’re going to go into this book please know that this is, in every sense of the word, a filler book... and it shows.

🔹 The pacing
Lucie V.
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. God. 😍

So many people told me that the second book was even better than the first one, and I was skeptical because I really enjoyed the first book, but they were right. The action, the love/hate, the angst, the plot-twists... I can't find the words to explain how amazing this book is. It is the perfect mix of powerful main characters, great secondary characters, funny banter, action scenes, political intrigue, and slow-burning (and intense) love/hate relationship with a lot of sexual ten
jaz
cw: mentions of torture, (stabbing, sex, stabbing, sex and more sex)

oh boy do i have a lot to say.

i wish i had a knife to stab both the mcs in the heart. repeatedly. for days. and then stab cas some more when he, inevitably, tells me that that turns him on.

im proud to be the 17th person to rate this 1 star. i mean im worried about yall's standards, but im proud of my rating.

all the reviews saying this is better than the first book are driving me insane considering how the pace here is so. much.
becky ☾
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Also on my blog, dusts of magic

“There is no side of you that is not as beautiful as the other half. Not a single inch isn’t stunning.” His lashes lifted, and the intensity in his stare held me captive. “That was true the first time I said it to you, and it is still the truth today and tomorrow.”

A confession: I fell in love with Casteel ❤️
______________________

For the 5th time i'm reading this book and it still doesn't get boring...

I have waited for this book for MONTHS and finally, it has be
Lea
Jul 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: series-to-finish
update: jla is NOT PLAYING with that cover damn
i am willing to throat punch ppl aside to get this book, don't doubt me
Nas

she protecc
she attacc
but most importantly
she loves him bacc

my brain cannot process anything right now. this review is just literally going to be me fangirling over poppycas! i reread from blood and ash before starting this which was a good idea for me because i now underst
Cait (Caitsbooks)
Check out this review (and more) over on my blog!

Quick Stats:
Overall:
5/5 Stars
Characters: 4/5
Setting: 5/5
Writing: 5/5
Plot and Themes: 5/5
Awesomeness Factor: 5/5
Review in a Nutshell: A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire took this series to the next level. It adds on to everything we loved about From Blood and Ash, and will have you dying for the next book.

// Content Warning: Violence, Death, Assault, Mature Content, Child Abuse (Mention), Kidnapping/Abduction //

Release Date: 9/1/2020
Publisher: Blue Box P
krista ☽✧
“You’re welcome,” I panted. “For saving your life.” Breathing raggedly, he jerked the sword back. A wide, bloody smile broke out across his face. “Would this be an inappropriate time to let you know I’m incredibly turned on by you right now?”
“Yes.” My gaze shifted to the guard staggering to his feet behind him. “Highly inappropriate.”

note ; this is in no way disrespect too the author , its just my not so nice opinion on this book.

Hello welcome , too a rare episode of krizzie ranting about abo
What a ride. I didn’t want to be done with the book and while there were tiny parts where I rolled my eyes, I liked it A LOT.

And that ending!! I kind of want to re-read book 1 and 2 just for funsies, that’s how much I’ve enjoyed this series so far.

I liked Casteel, I adored Poppy… I liked everything about this story and I’m dying for the next book.

Am I back on the Jennifer L. Armentrout’s bandwagon? I don’t know yet. I will need to try more new books by her to see if she’s back in my heart.
 &#x1d555;&#x1d552;&#x1d55f;&#x1d556;&#x1d563;&#x1d56a;&#x1d564; ☾

Are yall ready for a rant review? Because I have a lot to say. I have been planning this review pretty much the entire time I’ve been reading this book, it’s the only thing that kept me sane. I... I don’t even know where to start in terms of AKOFAF. AKOFAF. Hmm. That sounds a little familiar. Where have I heard it before? Oh, right. ACOMAF. Those sound suspiciously similar, and if I’m being 100% honest, this is kind of (very much) an ACOTAR rip off. I mean, yeah, the plot and shit isn’t
Helena of Eretz ✰
“Always,” he whispered in the breath we shared. “Your heart was always safe with me. It always will be. There is nothing I will protect more fiercely or with more devotion, Poppy. Trust in that — in what you feel from me.”

This was somehow an improvement over the previous instalment, yet that one was brilliant, too. JLA managed to serve EVEN MORE addicting tropes that I’m a sucker for (marriage of convenience, there's only one bed, etc).

I’m extremely confused and shooketh from this ending though
✩ Yaz ✩
GIVE IT ALL THE STARS IT DESERVES ⭐️!!!

Remember when I said From Blood and Ash is my favorite book of 2020? Well let me tell you that A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire dethrones it!

I could not put this book down because I was so consumed by everything that went down in this book.

If you’re expecting the romance to be a roller-coaster ride then buckle up because starting from the very first page until the very end of the book, there are no stops in this ride.

I found the lore intriguing in the first bo
Nellie
Jan 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Was this better than the first book? Yes.
Do I still question how the fuck From Blood and Ash won Goodreads Choice Awards 2020 for Romance? Definitely.
Katherine
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favorites
Do yourself a favor and just read it 🤩 . Stop whatever else you have going on, and read this book!!! Because Goddam it has it all. What am I supposed to do with myself until book three?? 😫 Bow down to queen Armentrout 👑👑👑👑👑
alluring B ❄︎
4.25 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 🌟

“He will act upon any perceived insult to your honor. There is power there, Penellaphe. You are the neck that turns the head of the kingdom.”

Thank god i read through this beast in 3 days and not 30 because i sure devoured it and actually enjoyed every single chapter of it (unlike FBAA)

I’m glad for the heads-up from other reviewers, mentioning that this sequel is much longer + drags a lot + has little to no plot—It helped me to dive into this with low expectations which o
beautyliterate
5/5 stars

I don't stay up until 5:38am for just any book and Jennifer L. Armentrout gave me everything I needed plus more with this series and this is only the second book.

With this being the sequel to one of my ultimate favorites of the year I was nervous to see how it would live up and I am happy to say I LOVED it. JLA has been an author I have grown up reading from the Lux series to White Hot Kiss to SO many more (she writes more than I can breathe). I cannot express to you how invested I am
Aoife - Bookish_Babbling
Time is getting away from me, my brain is mush & I cannot seem to pull together enough thoughts to even pretend I can ever write a semblance of a review 🙈 ... other than to say Kieran is the best and you need to read this for his contributions if nothing else 😂🤩🤣

Fran very kindly put up with more of my nonsense as we Buddy Read this and willfully indulged my "one-more-chapter'itis" - deffo check out her wonderful review for actual thoughts 😅

I enjoyed Poppy, how she wasn't afraid to stand her grou
Nikki
Sep 04, 2020 rated it liked it
IF YOU LOVE THIS SERIES OR JLA DONT READ THIS REVIEW THE ONLY POSITIVE THING ABOUT THIS IS KIERAN

Writing this review was difficult because I had a lot of mixed feelings about it. Was it a good plot? Sure. Was it written well? Absolutely not.

I would have preferred a terrible book through and through than one that had such potential and failed to deliver so spectacularly. I always had my doubts with JLA, and From Blood and Ash barely gave me anything to hold on to. I was hoping this sequel would

• The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Poison Study (Study, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #2)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Savage Royals (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #1)
  • Fated Magic (Claimed by Wolves, #1)
  • Adorkable
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Blood and Ash (3 books)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • The ​Crown of Gilded Bones (Blood and Ash, #3)