Start by marking “Shipped” as Want to Read:

Shipped

Goodreads Most Anticipated 2021 Romances
LibraryReads January 2021 Pick
CNN Best Books for January 2021

The Unhoneymooners meets The Hating Game in this witty, clever, and swoonworthy novel following a workaholic marketing manager who is forced to go on a cruise with her arch-nemesis when they’re up for the same promotion.

Between taking night classes for her MBA an
Published January 19th 2021 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Shipped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shipped

Start your review of Shipped
_ngallagher
This book was SO FUN! Truly was such a sweet mix of The Unhoneymooners and The Hating Game! A wholesome romance that I couldn’t put down and that ending ???!!!? Didnt see that coming!
Gabby
4.5/5

SO F*CKING CUTE. This is exactly what it claims to be, The Unhoneymooners meets The Hating Game. A hate to love romance where they are both up for the same promotion (much like The Hating Game) and they are forced to go on a company cruise together (which feels similar to the honeymoon situation in Unhoneymooners). Henley and Graeme have the best banter, the best chemistry, I was literally giddy the entire time I was reading this and smiling like an idiot. Graeme is my ideal male love inter
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ladies and gentlemen! Make some noise for one of the sweetest, most tempting, enchanting, heartfelt, hilarious, romantic novels I’ve read lately!

And let’s raise our glasses (actually I already finished another bottle during my read: sorry, I got my thirsty when I get excited!) to those brilliant characters: Henley and Graeme - even though name choices are a little strange, Henley is shining like a rock star and Graeme is deliciously charming to consume with marshmallow and dark chocolate during
Christy

When I saw this book was compared to 'The Unhoneymooners' and 'The Hating Game' I was a little nervous. I mean. those are some big shoes to fill. After reading, I've got to say... it's accurate. If The Hating Game (my favorite enemies to lovers romance) and The Unhoneymooners had a love child, Shipped would be it! It was an exceptional enemies to lovers/work place romance that had that destination aspect.

Henley has never met Graeme in person, but she knows she can't stand him. And
Heather
This was a cute read, perfect for summer as it takes place on the Galápagos island. I did enjoy the romance but didn't love it and honestly I wanted more of it. I did love that Henley was very ambitious in her career and works hard and it shows.
Overall it was cute but I didn't love it.
Tina
This is a romance/contemporary/chick-lit/women's fiction book. I cannot put into words how much I love this book. This book was so freaking cute and sweet. I love the two main characters Henley Evans and Graeme Crawford-Collins. The romance was so burning. Henley started out the book hating Graeme because of a misunderstanding that happen years ago. Henley and Graeme ended up going over the same promotion, and the ending was the best. I have hear this compared to the Unhoneymooners personally th ...more
Angelica
This book is marketed as The Unhoneymooners meets The Hating Game, and never has a comparison been more accurate. This book is exactly what happens if those two books got together and had a child. Unfortunately, the child just didn't live up to the greatness of its parents.

Still, it was a generally good read.

RTC

**I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.**

Follow Me Here Too: My Blog || Twitter || Bloglovin' || Instagra
Apoorva
Blurb: The Unhoneymooners meets The Hating Game.........

Me:

alluring B ❄︎
"The Hating Game meets The Unhoneymooners"

i want the marketing team behind this book to know that associating an upcoming release with 𝓽𝓱𝓮 Hating Game is a very SERIOUS claim. y’all better not play a fool bcs you just skyrocketed my expectations and if this flops......

+ 1⭐️ straight up
Kim Gibson
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
**5 Take a Chance on Me stars**

This had me at Unhoneymooners and The Hating Game. And oh baby, did it deliver!!! Henley is intelligent, ambitious, and a work-a-holic. Hard work must pay off because she’s up for a promotion at work. Bad news is that she’s competing with her nemesis, Graeme, for the position.

Two weeks. Galápagos. Cruise. Yes, that’s right. Henley will have to spend two weeks on a cruise with the man she wants to take down and beat. Only problem is, is that he’s much different tha
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Not since ‘You Deserve Each Other’ did any book ever come to par with ‘The Hating Game’ and when the blurb of ‘Shipped’ was released, I was like YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! This might be the next big thing but… yes there is a but—it didn’t live up to the hype and now all the hopes and dreams I had had for this love child is now shattered and blown to smithereens.

Sure, it’s justifiable as to why this book is marketed for fans of ‘The Unhoneymooners’ by Christina Lauren and ‘The Hating Game’
Brogan Lane
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020
Yes! This book was so much fun. The tagline is an utterly perfect way to describe this book - I easily escaped into its pages and laughed a lot. Thank you, Angie Hockman!

A big thank you to Headline for accepting my request for this ARC. It is just what I needed.

I posted my review on NetGalley, but also made a dedicated post on my blog for it. Click the link to check it out: https://bookswithbroganx.wordpress.co...
Amy
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I pick up a book with an enemies to lovers trope I really want them to hate each other because I always feel like when the two characters finally do get together they set the world on fire with all that pent up frustration. So happy to report that this definitely had the hate part down pat, at least on Henley’s side, she really cannot stand Graeme. Their emails and sniping back and forth was super entertaining and the tropical setting was a fabulous added bonus for me.

I loved the focus of a
archer➶chapter
Shipped is one exciting book because I get to read about characters traveling to compete getting this one position at their office while unexpectedly falling in love with each other.

I haven't read The Hating Game, well I tried but I couldn't pass more than 5 chapters because I think all the characters are pretty childish for my own taste so I stopped. I never read The Unhoneymooners or even try to but maybe in the future I will since this book is marketed as “The Hating Games” meets “The Unhoney
Katie
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more like a 3.75/4 stars read for me. I will admit that it is right on the marketing for being The Unhoneymooners meets The Hating Game. So, if you are a fan of either of those or one, then you will love this book.

I just wish there was more fleshed out in the story. It felt like it rushed through some aspects and didn't give us enough backstory or it gently touched some topics but did not go deep enough as I was expecting it to. However, Graeme and Henley, I would die for! The connectio
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
I took a chance on a new to me author and it panned out! I am so thankful that it did because I really needed some laughs and a well written book to lighten up my current mood. I'm always hesitant when I see a book being compared to another successful book in the genre, but never fear. Shipped will have you smiling with the feels and laughing during certain scenes.

Shipped is a delightful story of two characters that are vying for the same position within their company. Yup, it's an office roman
Caitlin Reads
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really fun! I have always wanted to go to the Galapagos Islands so I loved the setting of this book and that fact that it also gave an education on the environment and animals that live there. I was immediately attracted to this story because I love the hate to love trope and am a big fan of The Hating Game and Unhoneymooners. Although Shipped did not live up to its predecessors in my opinion, it was still a fun and light summer read. Graeme and Henley are pitted against each other ...more
JP
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
5⭐️
I just fell in love with book! It was fun and romantic.
I loved:
• The writing
• The cruise line 🚢
• Excursions
• The romance
• The chemistry
• Graeme, who happens to be my new book boyfriend.
If you love a good rom-com then you’ll love this from beginning to end and you won't be able to put it down. I highly recommend it.
The story mostly took place on the Galápagos Islands. Wow! Which was described so well in my opinion. I learned so much about it. It was truly entertaining. I can’t wa
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Workaholic Henley had put in the effort, and now it was time for her to reap her reward - the director position. Unfortunately, she was shortlisted along with her work nemesis, Graeme. In order to win the position, they had to develop a marketing campaign for the Galápagos trip while on the cruise. Henley's time at sea gave her a new perspective and may have had her rethinking a lot of things...especially when it came to Graeme.

I don't even know where to start with my praise fo
Sam
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, arc-s-read

Shipped is everything I was wanting from a book. It was witty, romantic, respectful and heartwarming.

TW's for mention of: Parent Death, Abusive Relationship

Shipped is perfect for fans of The Hating Game and I'm so grateful that my friend let me borrow their arc as I had a joyous ride reading this while my real life was falling apart in pieces.

I'm always wary about coworker romances, particularly if they're vying for the same promotion, however the amount of respect and honesty shown was so l
Alexa
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ll admit that I had my reservations about this book at the start, but SHIPPED won me over by the time we hit the end. It’s a fun rom-com that features a great “enemies”/rivals to lovers dynamic, and the change to feel transported onto an island cruise. It definitely had me yearning for the day to come when I can travel again!
michelle (magical reads)

read on my blog

rep: Korean-American side character, lesbian side characters, gay side character
cw: loss of a parent (mother), mentions of emotional abuse, emeto (seasickness)

**I received an eARC from the publisher through Netgalley. These are my honest opinions, and in no way was I compensated for this review.**

“All work and no play makes Henley a dull girl.”
“Or it makes her your boss.”

Let’s be honest, I requested this book purely because of the rivals-to-lovers trope in a work
Robin
Jul 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
↠ 3.5 stars

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing this arc in exchange for an honest review. Shipped had all the remnants of an amazing contemporary romance similar to the Unhoneymooners. Two rivals vying for the same promotion must go on a company cruise with one another in order to come up with a proposal that will grant them the job. Only problem is they get along better than they thought they would.

The first thing that really stood out to me was that the content had clearly b
janel
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy sh*t I loved this? I'm so surprised!

I requested this because when a book compares itself to The Hating Game, I have to. Shipped does nothing to hide the influence of the former book, given the similar tropes, but even beyond that it's so refreshing in other ways and both characters are so ADORABLE that I loved it more than I thought I would.

Henley Evans wants nothing more than to feel successful in her life, to earn a spot in an executive's board meeting and belong there on her own merit. W
Kelly⁷
Aug 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
What can I say at this point?

My taste is unparalleled.
Jessica
3.5/5

Between MBA classes and working as a full time marketing manager, Henley Evans rarely takes time for herself. But when she's put up for a promotion, she feels as if all her work has been worth it. The only problem? To get the promotion she has to go on a cruise with Graeme Crawford-Collins, the bane of her work existence, and her direct competitor.

This book was lovely to read. It had a unique setting, touched on larger issues of conservation and climate change, and had some great tension fi
Samantha Kelley
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Thank you to Net Galley and Gallery Books for my advanced copy to read and review prior to its 1/19 release!

My first book of 2021 and it’s a favorite! I know this is a book I’ll be thinking about for a long time to come! Let’s hope all my reads are good this year 🤞🏻

Shipped is described as book for fans of The Hating Game and Unhoneymooners and there couldn’t be a more perfect & accurate description! The Hating Game was my first adult romance and it introduced me to that wonderful wo
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
This cover is so colorful and fun! The description of being a mix between the Unhoneymooners and the Hating Game was definitely a draw for me.
Henley Rose Evans is a hard-working marketing manager for a cruise line. She finds out she is up for promotion along with the social media manager Graeme. The office is in Seattle but he works remotely from Michigan. They seem to be at odds with each other and don't get along at all. I find Henley to be a very details oriented person, hardworking, altruist
Allie's Literary Life
Shipped was the adorable rom-com I didn’t know I needed! I almost read this book in one sitting. Henley is a twenty-something workaholic whose priorities are shaken up when she competes with her workplace adversary, Graeme, for a promotion by vacationing together to the Galapagos Islands on her company’s cruise ship. The enemies to lovers trope was executed so well and gave me all “The Hating Game” vibes. The chemistry between Graeme and Henley was absolutely perfect and with just the right amou ...more

• Happy Singles Day
  • Ten Rules for Faking It
  • Enjoy the View (Moose Springs, Alaska #3)
  • The Ex Talk
  • You Have a Match
  • Ever After Always (Bergman Brothers, #3)
  • Make Up Break Up
  • Kisses and Croissants
  • The Intimacy Experiment
  • Why I Held Your Hand
  • Accidentally in Love
Angie Hockman is a RWA Golden Heart Award® winner. Her professional background includes stints in law, education, and eco-tourism, but these days you can find her writing romantic stories, enjoying the outdoors with her family, or dreaming of her next travel adventure. She lives in Northeast Ohio with her husband, young son, two cats, and one ornery golden retriever. To learn more, visit www.Angie ...more

Articles featuring this book

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...