Start by marking “Honeycomb” as Want to Read:
Honeycomb

Honeycomb

A lushly illustrated set of dark, captivating fairy tales from the bestselling author of The Gospel of Loki with illustrator Charles Vess (Stardust).

The beauty of stories; you never know where they will take you. Full of dreams and nightmares, Honeycomb is an entrancing mosaic novel of original fairy tales from bestselling author Joanne M. Harris and legendary artist Charl
Expected publication: May 25th 2021 by Gallery / Saga Press

To ask other readers questions about Honeycomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honeycomb

Start your review of Honeycomb
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Nov 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
Liked the first half after that things started to get bland to me so I skimmed alot.
Simoné Eloff
Oct 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc-tbr
10/10/2020: Available to "Read Now" on Netgalley!
*Tau*
Oct 10, 2020 is currently reading it
Shelves: netgalley
Publication date: 30.03.2021

Available in the 'Read now'-section of NetGalley: https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/boo...

Joan
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review of eBook

A collection of short fable-like stories in two books ["Long Ago" and "Far Away"], beginning with the dreamflower and loosely held together by the continuing story of the Lacewing King and the Silken Folk who serve as the guardians of the honeycomb and were the first to bring the nectar of Dream into the Worlds. But, though they are everywhere, the Silken Folk, sometimes called the Faërie, are invisible to the Sightless Folk.

Several characters appear regularly throughout the tell
Danielle D
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories from bestselling author Joanne M. Harris and legendary artist Charles Vess. This collection is definitely worth a read. You will find the stories within reminiscent of old folk tales with a bit of a dark side. Illustrations are sprinkled throughout the book and give it a bit of an old school flare.

I want to thank NetGalley, the author and publisher for the e-ARC of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are honest, my own and left voluntarily.
Chelsea
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked these short stories, of course I liked some stories more than some others. But in general and in whole the book itself I really enjoyed. I loved how the tales came off as if someone was making them up in there head and saying them out loud. I also loved how some of the stories were pretty dark. I really loved the cover of the book. The illustrations in the book were ok I guess I honestly didn't really like them but that could just be me. I want to thank netgalley and the publisher for se ...more
Emma Reid
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe that this book is currently available to just READ on NetGalley. It's a beautiful collection of fairy tales, some relevant to an overarching narrative and others left there to make you think. Add in the beautiful illustrations drawn for the pivotal moments, and it's perfect. I'd recommend this to fans of The Starless Sea or The Invisible Life of Addie Larue.
Tasmin Bradshaw
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-reads
“Dream is a river that runs to the Sea To the Sea, to the Sea Death is a country that longs for the Sun For the Sun, for the Sun.”

Lovely fairytale stories that all link up. Fast paced and a joy to read. It had an old time fairytale feel that you don't get all that often with new books. The drawings in between the pages really brought the whole thing together.
Brandi Miller
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honeycomb is a wonderfully macbre fairytale book. It's a little slow going but the dark content makes it worth the read. I highly enjoyed seeing how all these little stories fell into place within the bigger story of The Lacewing King.
Kay Mcleer
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this had what I loved from The Gospel of Loki, and this was a great read. The art was done beautifully and I really loved going on this story.
Victoria Law
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got a digital ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

First, I'm looking forward to seeing a print copy because Vess's illustrations are gorgeous.

Honeycomb is a collection of what seem to be whimsical tales, some of which are about the Lacewing King and his adventures, others of which seem disconnected (but fun nonetheless). I loved "The Bookworm Princess" and the farmyard tales.

But as I read on, I realized that the book is also about growth, transformation and redemption (told
Katelyn
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This collection of short stories gave me The Brothers Grimm and old Irish folk tale vibes. I already love old stories about the fae and so I enjoyed the stories in this collection. Like any collection there were stories I enjoyed and a few that I didn't as much. Overall I loved the old fairy tale feel of this collection and found the illustrations interesting and a nice bonus. Anyone who likes short stories about faeries or Brothers Grimm style fairy tales would enjoy this collection.

I received
Shilo Quetchenbach
Aug 22, 2020
Janel
Aug 25, 2020

• Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky, #1)
  • A Golden Fury
  • The Woman Inside
  • Hearts Unbroken
  • Shine
  • Locking Up Our Own: Crime and Punishment in Black America
  • Queens of the Crusades (England's Medieval Queens, #2)
  • The Russian Cage (Gunnie Rose #3)
  • The Taxidermist's Lover