Start by marking “The Love Proof” as Want to Read:
The Love Proof

The Love Proof

A brilliant physicist studying the nature of time embarks on a journey to prove that those we love are always connected to us, leading to surprising revelations in this fresh and unique love story.

Sophie Jones is a physics prodigy on track to unlock the secrets of the universe. But when she meets Jake Kristopher during their first week at Yale they instantly feel a deep c
Expected publication: February 9th 2021 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Love Proof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Proof

Start your review of The Love Proof
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was so close to fall in love this incredibly smart story which is the fanciest mash up and sweet dance of logic, science, philosophy and romance!

I wish it named different and I wish it could be a little longer. You finish at one sit and you get drawn into the story as if your life depended on it. At one sit, just few hours later, you feel the emptiness in your heart, longing, craving more but you realize the book is already finished and the characters already grew on you so you feel like betr
Ema
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I. Bawled. Absolutely bawled. Wept. This is the most cathartic book I've read in some months just by how it took control of my emotions and wrung everything out.

I'm such a cynical hopeless romantic when it comes to love stories. I want to buy into them, but if love solves al lthe problems, I have a hard time buying it. I also hate instalove. But THE LOVE PROOF built a romance that I bought wholeheartedly. The element of instalove felt right and was ultimately even explained.

The sheer nuance thou
Jessica C
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to receive an ARC of Madeleine Henry’s The Love Proof. The Love Proof is no average romance novel, rather it is a complex exploration of human relationships and the true meaning of time. Sophie Jones begins her freshman year as a prodigy, with the entire physics department excited for what she will discover. Sophie has never had close relationships until she meets Jake and instantly they form a bond. As their romance grows stronger, so does Jake’s future and Sophie’s seems to fi ...more
Kristin
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads first reads giveaway.

It's been a long time since I read a book in one day, but I found that once I'd started I just couldn't stop. There was something so compelling about this story, that I just had to find out how it ended.

I loved the relationship Sophie had with her mother, and that Sophie's introverted nature was handled so carefully and honestly by the author. I loved how organic Sophie and Jake's relationship was, no drama, no tension, it was so natural and o
Tara Weiss
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is a mesmerizing grip this story offers that pulls you in and makes you wonder if there are scientific reasons for our connections to others. The physics of relationships and love matches seems like it would not be scientifically proven, but the romance of that ideal is explored in Sophie and Jake's relationship that starts during their freshman year at Yale and picks up again decades later. Sophie, a scientific prodigy, studies time and has the weight of people expecting her to be the nex ...more
L. Samuels
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Henry's writing is masterfully expressive and descriptive. Outstanding! While reading this story, I was moved emotionally and mentally stimulated. I loved The Love Proof; it is a uniquely beautiful story–truly a treasure.

Thank you NetGalley and Atria Books for an opportunity to read The Love Proof and provide an honest review.
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I have not been so completely mesmerized by a book in a long time. Madeleine Henry’s The Love Proof was emotional and complex. I could not read this book fast enough, while simultaneously not wanting it to end; I was so emotionally invested in Sophie, Jake, and their story. What an amazing read! A big thank you to Atria Books for the ARC.
Liz Tschudy
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You don't have to love physics to be drawn into this gripping love story of the mind and the heart. How Henry weaves all together is masterful and beautifully told. Her characters draw you in - spanning the decades, you don't want their journey to end. In Love Proof, Henry proves her skill as a writer and story teller.
Stephanie
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Listen. I’ll be honest. Much like all Blake Crouch books, I am not intelligent enough to fully understand this book. But did that stop me from loving it? NOPE. I thought this book was absolutely tender and sweet and full of love. It just made me feel good when I read it and that’s what I’m looking for right now. Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks to Atria for a free copy of this novel. All opinions are my own.
Genevieve Trono
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The premise was so unique, while at the same time, relatable and easy to read. The story follows the lives of a young couple who meet in college. One is an academic prodigy, slated to solve some of the world's most unsolvable questions, and the other is poised for a strong financial career.

They fall in love deeply and quickly, and when it seems to distract the prodigy's future, her boyfriend ends the relationship so as not to slow her down. The rest of the story fo
Lucy
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book and couldn’t put it down. The connection between Sophie and Jake is so realistic and so pure. I think anyone reading this book will think back to their first love and relate to these characters. If you are looking for a light escape, this book is for you! I finished it in 2 days!
Elizabeth
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like 4.5/5 from me, I received a NetGalley copy to review. Liked her last book a lot and this one was super intriguing too.
Susan Burlew
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
Heartwarming story about love and time. Sophie is brilliant and just starting at Yale. All her life she has had a love of learning. She meets Jake and they quickly fall in love. The longer they are together the less interest Sophie has in learning new things. She is happy just being with him. Jake eventually realizes that has to let her go so she can follow her dreams. Wonderful story I highly recommend!!!
Castille
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Don't judge a book by its title! The Love Proof (ugh) is a beautiful story that weaves together science and spirit, logic and love. So rarely are we gifted female characters who come by their isolation/introversion honestly, but here we have Sophie, who truly lives in her head (i.e. it doesn't feel like some sort of plot point, where she's neurotic or staunchly against romance so as to provide tension when she ultimately falls for her opposite). And, unlike what one has come to expect of romance ...more
Christina Dudley
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
An absorbing story about a young genius physics student at Yale and her love for a fellow student who follows a career in finance. Love is so all-encompassing to her that her interests fall by the wayside, and I think that was as troubling for the reader as for Jake. The physics is interesting, even if I got a little tired of Sophie being SUCH an emotional wreck when things went awry. (She would have made a good Victorian heroine because, besides being forever committed to her true love, she is ...more
Janet Fiorentino
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found “Love Proof” to be a wonderful story from (new to me) author, Madeline Henry.

As the story opens, the reader meets Sophia, a Yale freshman who is a physics prodigy. But even smart girls fall in love and for Sophia, it is with financial savvy, Jake. Naturally, obstacles get in the way of their happily ever after, but decades later, they meet again. Will the attraction for each other be as strong the second time around?

Ms. Henry does a great job at putting a new spin on a tale as old as tim
Lisa Konet
This was just a big fat N-O, NO!!

Glad it was short but it was a struggle to get through this. Definitely NOT like the Time Traveler's Wife. Zero intrigue. Too much backstory about both characters and too many slumps.

Can't say I even I even recommend this one even though there are plenty of good reviews, this just fell way more than flat for me.

In my opiniom, 1 full star is even too much. Just no.

Thanks to Netgalley, Madeleine Henry and Atria Books for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Ava
Melindeeloo
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Review to come but I liked this. The initial romance is very sweet and the science-y parts about time and love were thought provoking.

ARC courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley release date 2/9/2021.
Mary
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
RTC on the pub. date
Coleen
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

The story starts with two freshman at Yale. Sophie Jones is a prodigy with a superior brilliance in physics. Jake Kristopher is on a track to start an investment company worth billions. Their eyes 'meet across a crowded classroom' so to speak and they felt that it was love at first sight.

To that point, the book is interesting and I liked Sophie's thoughts on space and time, particularly time. As a young child, I was taught that space and time were constra
Oct 15, 2020 added it
The setting: "Sophie Jones is a physics prodigy on track to unlock the secrets of the universe. But when she meets Jake Kristopher during their first week at Yale [Note: the author is also a Yalie] they instantly feel a deep connection, as if they’ve known each other before. Quickly, they become a couple. [Fast forward--shit happens] "Spanning decades, The Love Proof is an unusual love story about lasting connection, time, and intuition. It explores the course that perfect love can take between ...more
Jordan
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Atria Books for making an early copy of this book available to me. Below is my honest opinion.

For Sophie and Jake it is love at first sight. Their eyes meet across a crowded auditorium at Yale and they are suddenly inseparable with a connection neither has ever felt before. A child prodigy, Sophie is expected to continue her study of time and her professor has great hope in what she can accomplish. But will her relationship put her genius on hold?

This story is a subdue
Max
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Madeleine Henry has brilliantly and seamlessly woven elements of the cosmos, spirituality, and the enduring human connection known as love. Ms. Henry’s first novel, Breathe In Cash Out, was a great read highlighting the author’s crystal clear voice and her mastery of the art. The Love Proof is that and much more. It is both art and science, deeply touching while also brain expanding. She seems to solve the mysteries of the universe and also of the heart—in one fell swoop. At one moment she had m ...more
Sally Hanan
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lovely writing, Lots of interesting theories in this one for the math/science/physics lovers. The story makes a lot of sense in terms of how a woman could find what she's looking for and what makes her want to stay there vs a man who thinks he knows better and tells her it isn't. I didn't appreciate the delay in the couple's paths crossing again. It doesn't take most people that long to grow the H up.
Ariel
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I liked the story, and I liked that the female protagonist was very intellectual. I would have liked a little more twists, or something to give it some oomph. There were points that I felt kind of fell flat. Overall, I enjoyed the book.
Liv Worthen
Oct 05, 2020
Kayla
Aug 17, 2020

• Breathless
  • After We Fell (After, #3)
  • After Ever Happy (After, #4)
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Grown Ups
  • The Good Sister
  • Writers & Lovers
  • Six Weeks to Live: A Novel
  • Troubles in Paradise (Paradise, #3)
Madeleine Henry is the author of The Love Proof and Breathe In, Cash Out . Previously, she worked at Goldman Sachs and in investment management after graduating from Yale in 2014. She shares more about her life on @MadeleineHenryYoga and about her upcoming third novel on @FoodFightBook.