Start by marking “Fury of Magnus (The Siege of Terra)” as Want to Read:
Fury of Magnus (The Siege of Terra)

Fury of Magnus

(The Siege of Terra #Novella)

A Siege of Terra novella

In the midst of the Siege of Terra, Magnus the Red embarks on a very personal mission – one that will bring him face to face with the Emperor once more!

READ IT BECAUSE
Discover the end of Magnus' journey from Prospero to treachery on Terra in a deeply moving and elegiac tale that sees him finally choose his side and take his place amongst his brother
Published January 5th 2021 by Black Library (first published September 19th 2020)

Start your review of Fury of Magnus (The Siege of Terra)
AA_Logan
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Heresy is, as you know, coming to an end. With Sons of the Selenar, McNeill managed to bring together loose threads in a massively satisfying way, and he repeats the feat here, but on an even larger scale.

This book manages to be both massively significant *and* pretty inconsequential. You expect that; it’s a novella, outside of the numbered series but it still managed to leave my jaw on the floor with the audacity of some of what happens. There are nods to earlier stories aplenty, and it has
Matej Bakši
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We could write a thousand words to describe this book, but in the end three are just enough: "All is dust" ...more
Tepintzin
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: warhammer-40k
This book hurt, a lot, and returns the Horus Heresy to its roots as a Shakespearean (sorry, Shakespiran) tragedy on a grand scale.
Andy
Jan 24, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All my reviews for these end up the same. Had I known in 2006, when I started reading these books from a game I'd not played since the 90s, that I'd be 60 books in and they'd still be publishing cash-in side novellas, I may not have bothered.

The Good
It actually does something interesting for once
There's some good character work
It retroactively makes one of the worst side-plots slightly less terrible

The Bad
There's some absolutely ludicrous stuff happens
It's yet another tangent
It doesn't really ma
Nik
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
汗屍 勞
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: warhammer
Some in the review section say this book brings in another tangent, I am not sure, the book, at least seems to me, brings a few storylines to a closure, and in that it has succeeded.

But quite a lot of it sounds very incredible, especially the ending, for me at least.

Overall, the book is interesting enough for it to be a enjoyable read

On a side note, it is too expensive for a novella, I didn't see that it is a novella, so the fault is mine, but still.....
Matthew Bradley
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
A series of successive tragedies would be the best way to describe this novella, to the point that as narratively satisfying as the tragedy at the climax is, it’s the one that follows, in the denouement, that hits much harder. A fitting end to Magnus’ story that started all the way back in A Thousand Sons eleven years ago, even if the middle act in Crimson King was a bit wobbly.
Alex Metcalfe
Got to say I was disappointed with this novella. If anything, if you didn't read it you wouldn't miss anything key from the Siege of Terra series. A far cry from Graham's fine work with 'A Thousand Sons' & 'Mechanicum.' ...more
Michael Blank
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
More like 4.5 stars. Mutual understandings were reached, and Magnus is so nearly brought back into the fold, but we all know it’s not meant to be. I kind of wanted this to be a full novel, but upon finishing it I realized it’s the perfect length. This is possibly the best part of the Siege so far!
Gergely
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
Attempts to provide a reason for Magnus finally fully joining Horus. Success is arguable. Not the best entry of the series, but far from the worst.
Christian
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What could have been for Magnus and his legion... what a beautiful tragedy. It was great reading about so many other characters and getting back to the epic scale of the Siege of Terra!
Alasdair
Jan 28, 2021
Dennis Lonek
Feb 01, 2021
Luka Micic
rated it did not like it
Feb 03, 2021
Paul Han
Feb 12, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
eBook release in November 1 2 Aug 19, 2020 06:38AM

• Saturnine (The Siege of Terra #4)
  • Lion El'Jonson: Lord of the First (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs, #13)
  • The First Wall (The Siege of Terra #3)
  • Avenging Son (Dawn of Fire #1)
  • The Infinite and the Divine (Warhammer 40,000)
  • The Lost and the Damned (The Siege of Terra #2)
  • Darkness in the Blood
  • Valdor: Birth of the Imperium (The Horus Heresy: Characters)
  • The Gate of Bones (Dawn of Fire #2)
  • Flesh and Steel (Warhammer Crime)
  • Indomitus (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Scions of the Emperor (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs #Anthology)
  • The Solar War (The Siege of Terra #1)
  • Bloodlines (Warhammer Crime)
  • The Reverie (Warhammer Horror)
  • Brutal Kunnin' (Warhammer 40,000)
  • The Regent's Shadow (Watchers of the Throne #2)
  • The Serpent's Dance (Black Library Advent Calendar 2020 #2)
Hailing from Scotland, Graham McNeill narrowly escaped a career in surveying to work for Games Workshop as a games designer. He has a strong following with his novels Nightbringer, Warriors of Ultramar, Dead Sky, Black Sun and Storm of Iron.

The Siege of Terra (5 books)
  • The Solar War (The Siege of Terra #1)
  • The Lost and the Damned (The Siege of Terra #2)
  • The First Wall (The Siege of Terra #3)
  • Saturnine (The Siege of Terra #4)
  • Mortis (The Siege of Terra #5)