Start by marking “Je T'aime A La Folie” as Want to Read:
Je T'aime A La Folie

Je T'aime A La Folie

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  135 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

Having spent two years alone in France, doing his best to survive in a foreign land, and failing miserably to woo a dishy French copine, Michael Wright has everything he ever wanted: manly powertools; a cat, chickens and sheep; earthy neighbours; an aircraft and a grand piano. Yet he is still alone and - in a moment of rare
Published August 9th 2010 by Bantam Press (first published April 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Je T'aime A La Folie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Je T'aime A La Folie

Audrey
Sep 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Je t'aime a La Folie is an absolutely adorable recounting of one man's quest to find true love while raising goats in the middle of nowhere countryside of darkest France. I have to say that my LEAST favorite thing about this book was the author's constant reference to where he lived as "darkest France." I got over the darkest fairly quickly and found myself pretending it wasn't there.

And that's the worst thing I have to say about this book. And let's face it, if the worst thing I can say about a
Fabia
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not really that impressed.
I read 'C'est la Folie' three years ago, before moving to the same region of France that Michael Wright lives. I thought it was witty and insightful. I also follow his newspaper column, so was keen to read this sequel.
There's too much repetition; there's less wit; the local characters, who's antics provided so much of the enjoyment of the first book, are less well drawn. Even his romance, which forms the basis of the book, seems almost unbelievable. It's almost like h
Martine Peacock
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book should be not shelved in the Travel section but with the Mills & Boons. Having spent the first part of the book bleating on about his quest for a "sexy copine", Mr Wright then spent the second part of the book recording the progress of his burgeoning affair in meticulous, at times embarrassing, detail. I give him two stars because at least he knows how to write.
Rachel
Sep 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable follow up to the initial book, perhaps not as funny, or at least laugh out loud funny, but enjoyable and recommended. I think some of his dates are a bit wrong, eg when England beat France in the rugby, but such a minor point didn't detract from the flow of the story!!
Susan Springer
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sequel to "La Folie". Equally as good as the first.
Margareth8537
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice light-hearted look at the English living abroad
Simon
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent.... makes you think you have the courage and finance to make that break
Vicki Johnson
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Nice light read, but a little too cliched and tidy for my liking.
Kaye
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: france
Another enjoyable outing with Michael Wright.
Alessia
Aug 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully entertaining book, Michael Wright did it again!!!!!!!
Laura-ashley Colgan
Mar 09, 2015
Terry Stichbury
Feb 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Columnist for The Daily Telegraph as an arts critic and literary diarist. He is also the author of the long-running C'est La Folie column.
More about Michael Wright...