Start by marking “Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers #1)” as Want to Read:
Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers #1)

Go Deep

(Unexpected Lovers #1)

It was all supposed to be so simple.

Navaya Howard is an erotic writer in a rut. Her readers are fed up of her stale plots and Navaya can’t blame them. She’s been celibate for over a year and a half since finding her now ex-boyfriend’s side chick’s positive pregnancy test on her bathroom counter. How can she write steamy romances if she can barely remember which body parts
Published June 26th 2020 by Rilzy Adams

To ask other readers questions about Go Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Deep

Start your review of Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers #1)
Riley
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
every once in a while there is a book that reminds me why friends to lovers is such an underrated trope and this book did that and MORE wowwww
Talia Hibbert
I cannot describe how much I loved this book so here are some heartfelt words that I can barely string together:

- A delicious ice cream scoop of besties-to-lovers romance. 100% flavour. Even the severely lactose intolerant would risk it all.

- The perfect f2l, "let's do it but just as pals", "eat me out to help me out" set up.

- Bubbly and hilarious, domestic, sultry. An atmospheric fantasy. An instant Feelings Hit.

Read it now or I will appear in your dreams every night to repeat this message
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: Joce (squibblesreads)
This was one of the hottest novellas I've ever read. Have MERCY 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 ...more
Isabella. R
5 Mentordick Stars ⭐

Tired. Stale. Uninspired.

Navaya is an erotic fiction writer. But the last lot of reviews from her latest release, has her facing some hard truths. Apart from her sexual drought, she is in serious need of inspiration.

So in her wisdom, she enlists her best friend Xander to assist with getting her creative juices flowing. What Navaya hadn't banked on was how good sex could be between them.

Instead of rushing into it, Xander insists on doing this his way. And does he have the mov
Warda
This’ll have you... sweating.

At first, the only thing I could think about was how damn weird the whole setup was. I cringed. I mean, how’re you saying that to your best friend with a straight face and not shittin’ it?!

I also wanted it to be somewhat longer. I wanted to know about her writing process and seeing that part of her journey since she was in a major slump. But seeing her figure out the dynamics of her relationship with her platonic best friend turned sex partner was so. Much. Fun!

I’m
mina reads™️

okay perhaps friends to lovers does deserve rights and Xander is my new book boyfriend actually.
Jessica
This novella was SO fun. I loved how Navaya and Xander were genuine friends and there were not feelings between each other before this book started. I'm not a fan when one of the characters has had a crush forever and the other person was clueless. In this book, Navaya and Xander started to explore things with each other and were surprised when they started to catch feelings.

While this book was short, the characters went through a rollercoaster of emotions. I really enjoyed how Navaya was an au
M
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it

This was a pretty good friends to lovers read. Short and sweet, but OH man, was it HOT, HOT, HOT 🔥🔥🔥🔥
They both had insane chemistry and once they came together - instant combustion. It did have some of those confusing feelings that one would get going from best friends to so much more. That's a total given. I enjoyed the AHA moment when it finally clicked for them.

Good thing the h was in a writing slump and turned to the H for some much needed hands on inspiration, ha!
benevolent bastard
“Tired. Stale. Uninspired”.
Nope those won’t be the words I’ll be using to describe Xander and Navi-Nav!
Scorching. Steaming. Sensual.
Seems more like it. Sigh. Great find.
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
This is one of the rare friends-to-lovers romances that I was all about. Full of chemistry and tenderness, I was rooting for Xander and Nav the entire time and am so happy to finally have read a Rilzy Adams romance!

vee
(2 1/2) guess am just not in the mood for sum 3rd pov books
aarya
2020 Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo: ‪Meddling Matchmakers

This is sexy as hell. That restaurant scene... wow. The only grammar/writing thing that confused me: I don’t understand why the names of stores/restaurants are italicized (for example, Target and Starbucks are in italics). Otherwise, I liked the writing a lot. The tension about not wanting to ruin their friendship vs admitting their feelings is top-notch. I assume the next story will be about Tasha/Cole and I’m intrigued by that pairing.

S
menna
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases
this book single-handedly restored my love for friends-to-lovers and that's the power it has!!!!!!!! ...more
 Nayeli ღ [semi-hiatus]
⭐ 4 Stars ⭐

This was such a great friends-to-lovers read! It was funny, sweet and hot. I mean, that chemistry...👀🔥
Xander and Navaya were sooo cute together! I highly recommend it
Geri Reads
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Best friends to lovers is one, if not, my favorite trope in romance so it was a no brainer to start this one. And boy, was I glad I did because this book ticked all the boxes for me.

Navi is an erotic romance author who needs inspiration after her last book bombed. Not only that, her last relationship had scarred her deeply. Desperate to get her groove back, she asks her very hot best friend, Xander, to “inspire” her and spur her imagination.

And as a reader, nothing excites me more t
J. Greene
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I’m not new to Rilzy Adams in terms of her presence or name, but this is the first book I’ve read by the author, and I waited too long to do that.

Let me tell you if you know me whether it be from Goodreads or my early blogging days—you know how sparingly I give five-star ratings. Not because I’m some book reviewing savant. Though considering my many years of reading and reviewing books, I like to think I know some things. My tastes aren’t as particular as people think they are. I reserve five-s
JadeC
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

HOT HOT 🔥 Navaya and Xander are everything! this one's a unique childhood friends to lovers romance done very well! some of their conversation had me dying and the sex scenes were so steamy. When erotic writer Navaya needs help for some of her scenes, she decides to enlist her BFF for some sexual inspiration. It might be awkward at first but..

so happy everything worked out for Navaya and Xander. there's always something so sweet about childhood friends to lovers. 4 stars!
Bree Hill
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS HOW we like our friends to lovers romances BAAABYYY!
I liked that the romance kicked off really for an intentional reason; the heroine is an erotica author whose last few books have received bad reviews and she knows she needs to get laid for some inspiration. She enlists the help of her Childhood best friend Xander.
The friendship was there. To the core I felt it. Xander ALWAYS chose Navaya. Having a girl for a best friend he’s been put in the position where he’s had to choose between hi
Lauren
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was short, sweet and super super sexy.

Her romance writing becoming stale and tired due to a year and a half long dry spell Navaya seeks to find inspiration by hooking up with her best friend since birth Xander. But they soon realise the connection goes deeper than just sex.

A light and steamy best friends to lovers story, perfect for a nice afternoon read.
Khadidja
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maybe best friends to lovers deserve some FUCKING RIGHTS!!!!! This was so good!!!!
Chelsea
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The title, cover and blurb suggested this one will be heavy on smut, so I was not surprised when it was HEAVY ON SMUT.
But what shocked me was the beautiful transition between a platonic friendship to a passionate relationship without making it awkward for even a second. Friends to lovers trope does not work for me often but damn this book is one of the best.
In such a short book (or novella, more precisely) the author packed so much. There were side characters along with build up to another stor
Ena [on hiatus]
“I thought I was falling alone.”

As much as I’m a sucker for an enemies to lovers romance, I can still appreciate a good best friends to lovers romance. And let me tell you this was a good one!

Even though it was short, the characters and their relationship were well-developed. Their conversations and banter didn’t feel forced at all and the transition from friends to lovers was just perfect as it wasn’t awkward at all.
I also loved that the friends of the two main characters were incorporated
Douilleny
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was great
Madison Mary
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
" She refused to feel self conscious about the bit of fat forming a small pouch on her lower belly, or the love handles that Xander seemed to enjoy grabbing on to. "

An extremely hot-and-heavy friends-to-lovers romance.

SUMMARY
Navaya Howard is a successful erotica author, or at least she was until her fiancé of seven years cheated on her. Her readers are complaining that the steam is no longer there, and Navaya suspects it's because she's been celibate for over a year. She needs inspiration.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I'm in a reviewing slump right now, so I'm going to keep this short: nobody is more surprised or disappointed than me that this was only a 3-star read for me. I'd heard so many rave reviews from people whose tastes usually aren't far off from mine, and I'm a tremendous sucker for the best-friends-to-lovers trope (especially when they were childhood friends!), so I think this should have worked out great for me.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the writing style 100% enjoyable, the characters struck m
Mariah
I don't know why I keep trying to read shorter romances, they always read like wasted potential to me.
I feel like I don't get enough time to form a meaningful connection with the characters and the plot doesn't really have room to go anywhere - and I get that that's not why 99% of people pick up books like this but I can't help it.
Joce (squibblesreads)
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
help me it’s hot af and on brand 10/5 stars would recommend
Olivia
Jul 26, 2020 added it
See- THIS is why friends to lovers is superior. I said what I said 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🙅🏾‍♀️🙅🏾‍♀️
(enemies to lovers is also good stuff but not when they are enemies for about .2 pages 😒)

This book is hot, has amazing chemistry and communication (for the most part) between the two characters and is such a fun (and funny) quick read.

*Oh, forgot to add (thanks Shannon) probably my one con- I wanted to know what was going on with Tasha and Cole! I was like okay, guess I gotta wait for the next book but wish I
sil ♡ the book voyagers
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with Rilzy Adam's romances. You get soft but also steamy AF. The relationships in these books are so well-developed and you root for them since the start. Go Deep is the latest from Adams and it possibly one of my favorite books for this year.

"Navaya and Xander were inseparable for their entire lives."

A best friends to lovers romance where an erotic writer suddenly find herself in a slump. Her readers are saying that her sex scenes are not that great, even calling her trash p
Somia
3.5 Cosy Stars

Navaya is an erotic fiction writer and a successful one at that, but she seems to have lost her spark thanks to a log dry spell, her recent release getting smacked with a lot of negative reviews. Needing inspiration, she turns to her best friend Xander, who she has known since infancy. Asking him to get her burning with desire for inspiration, she doesn't expect what comes when Xander agrees. What neither counted on was how mind-blowing the sex would be, they thought it would be si

• The Roommate
  • Truth or Dare
  • ten/twenty: A BHPD Novella (Brighton Heights Book 3)
  • Guarding Temptation
  • Quarantine and Chill (AMBW standalone Romance)
  • Ignited: A BHFD Novella (Brighton Heights Book 2)
  • My Dad's Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #3)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #2)
  • The Black Effect
  • Beast (Urban Fairytale Series Book 1)
  • His Beauty
  • The Nanny
  • Liquor & Laundry (Ampersand Stories)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Worship
  • Harbor (Beards & Bondage, #3)
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
See top shelves…
Rilzy Adams needs only five things to survive: sushi, coffee, Prosecco, cuddles and words (though not in that order).

She's a lawyer by day - writer by 'whenever she can get the free time' and believes that love makes the world go 'round. It is no small wonder, then, that she can't help but pen tales of people falling in love.

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...