Start by marking “Aftermath” as Want to Read:

Aftermath

This gripping new thriller from New York Times bestselling author Terri Blackstock will leave you on the edge of your seat.

A devastating explosion.

Three best friends are at the venue just to hear their favorite band . . . but only one of them makes it out alive.

A trunk full of planted evidence.

When police stop Dustin with a warrant to search his trunk, he knows it’
Expected publication: May 11th 2021 by Thomas Nelson (first published May 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Aftermath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftermath

Start your review of Aftermath
Cara Putman
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars-- I really enjoyed this novel, even though I anticipated a major twist. The characters are well formed, the plot points engaging, and the different points of view kept the narrative moving. Highly recommended for those who love engaging Christian romantic suspense.
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! The suspense kept me reading and not getting much else done.

Taylor and her 2 best friends are at a concert when a bomb goes off. Dustin is ex-Army and is arrested with bomb materials in his trunk. He hires his former neighbor as his lawyer.

There are so many twists and turns in this book as they try to uncover who committed the bombing and the motive. It was such an engaging novel!

Thanks so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc. The opinions are my own.
Wade
“The deafening sound, like some confusing combination of gunshot and lightning bolt, a blast that blacked out the lights and knocked her to the ground.”

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!’”

“‘He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters; He restores my soul.’”

4.25 Stars Out Of 5

I hadn’t read Terri Blackstock in awhile and almost forgot how mu
Kay Defreese
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I always jump at the chance to read a Terri Blackstock novel. An explosion happens at a concert. Taylor was there when it happened. She survived. Her friends did not and she has survivor's guilt. Complicating the problem is that the fact that she has OCD. Dustin Webb is immediately picked up after an anonymous tip that he may be responsible. He calls his friend Jaime Powell a childhood friend who is a criminal defense attorney. He had some rough times as a teenager getting into trouble but has s ...more
Anita
Jan 01, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Melanie
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terri Blackstock has always been a favorite of mine and I love this new book of hers. Terri Blackstock writes in a way that is so easy to read and keep up with. She makes you feel part of the story and that you know the characters personally.

Taylor and her friends are attending a rally where their favorite band is playing. The band is the whole reason why they go to the rally in the first place. The girls were taking selfies as normal young girls would do and the next thing they know, there is
Vickie
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The story of a bomb planted at a political rally and concert had me absolutely riveted from beginning to end. Dustin, the man who was orphaned at a very young age, is suspected of terrorism and arrested. That leads to his calling his old childhood friend, Jamie Powell, to be his defense attorney. The action was non-stop and the story was a totally intense read on so many fronts. There was Dustin charged with supplying the explosives for the bomb, Jamie who is trying desperately to defend her fri ...more
TIMOTHY L
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
by Terri Blackstone
Pub date 111 May 2021

"I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own."
“Four boxes of RDX, taken from the ChemEx ammunition plant that was robbed about ten days ago”.

This book was written by Terri Blackstock and will be published on 11 May 2021. Terry Blackstock has written many books to date, many are action-packed and exciting to read.
The publisher is Thomas Nelson & Zondervan Fiction - Fiction That Inspires...
hoadbear
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Taylor and her best friends don't care much for the politician they're in the crowd to see, they just came to hear the band. When an explosion leaves her as the only one standing her OCD runs full speed ahead.
Jamie Powell and Dustin Webb were best friends as kids but have lost touch. When Dustin needs an attorney he breaks his own rule and reaches out to the only girl he ever really loved. Jamie doesn't know why she and Dustin lost touch through the years but she is certain there is no possible
LA
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A page-turning, nail-biting, who done it new release from Terri Blackstock will have readers hooked until the final page.
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and I can’t believe this is the first suspense I’ve read by this author!
Terri Blackstock is a talented writer who keeps readers guessing until the very end.
A victim of a stadium bombing copes with the trauma of leaving her friends behind to rescue herself. An innocent veteran is accused of the attack. A criminal defence lawyer who knows the accu
Ellen White
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
AFTERMATH ..Terri..Blackstock
Taylor, Desiree and Mara are at a rally taking selfies picture, next hearing an explosion. Taylor crawling to get outside and wondering where her friends were at and what happened. Calling 911, feeling braver she wanted to look for her friends. Instead she was interviewed of what happened. Her sister Harper came and got her, non negotiable of her waiting for her friends.
Dustin was stopped by the police, wondering why, saying it was anonymous tip he soon realized he w
Deanne Townsend
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I have just finished reading this book and can't quite express how deeply it is affecting me. I'm afraid I had lunch ready a bit late one day as I was so caught up in the story. I must say before I go any further that I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Terri Blackstock does such an admirable job with her characters. Often in Christian fiction, characters are so syrupy sweet that they seem a bit fake. The characters in this
Diane Higgins
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Aftermath” by Terri Blackstock was a fantastic read! Of course, Terri Blackstock always gets my attention from the first page to the last page.

I loved how the author took three different situations and wove them all together. The plot was great and very interesting. And there were twists and turns along the way. I also love how Terri Blackstock weaves the gospel into her books, but she isn’t preachy.

I highly recommend this book. This was a book that I didn’t want to end! Terri Blackstock is ab
Feb 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: action-suspense

It was a good book but not great. The story and suspense were good but the characters weren't quite there for me. Something just felt a little flat. I usually really like Terri Blackstock so this was a bit odd for me. I think maybe there were too many storylines. I guessed pretty early on who the perpetrator was going to be and would have been surprised if they WEREN'T but there was more to it than I suspected.

Taylor's story did offer a unique look at survivor's guilt and mental health
Amber Thiessen
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another great suspense story from Terri Blackstock.

A tragic explosion begins the story. An anonymous tip finds Dereck Webb pulled over, unknowingly with explosives in his trunk. Set up to take the fall, he calls on an old friend, and lawyer Jaime, to help him out. There's also a parallel story is that of Taylor, who was present at the explosion and made it out alive, but without her friends.

There is a progressive unfolding of relationships, friends and strangers, the pieces of the mystery get pi
Rae
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had never read a Terri Blackstock book before. It definitely won't be the last one I read. This book was part mystery, part legal, part drama and part romance (so a little bit of everything).

The story was comprised of three main stories as well as a smaller side story. I liked how the characters were incorporated into the story and given layers within their character arcs. I think this added to my overall enjoyment of the story. I was left wondering what happened to a couple but I used my ima
Mhughessc
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
"Aftermath", by Terri Blackstock, is a Christian thriller/mystery which is easy and enjoyable to read. Dustin, a former military man, has been falsely accused of planting and initing a bomb which killed dozens. In order to prove his innocence, he turns to former childhood friend, lawyer Jamie Powell to help him. Along the way, the two begin to remember why they were so drawn to each other when they were younger. This novel has a pretty big twist which surprised me, but it was handled well. I rea ...more
Carrie
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terri Blackstock is a master story-teller. She pulls multiple stories together, woven almost seamlessly, to create a true suspense experience. As you get glimpses at multiple story lines and characters, you start to question things. You become a sort of couch-detective, wondering if you can catch the bad guy (or gal) before the author reveals it. I was not disappointed in this story at all and I know you will really enjoy it when it releases in a few months!

I did receive an ARC via Netgalley bu
Carol Deegan
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely one of those books you can’t put down because you have to know what’s going to happen. The female and male characters are very much real and likable. The story of someone wrongly accused of a crime happens too often so it’s very easy to believe it is really happening in the storyline. This is my first book by Terri Blackstock, and I’ll be looking for more. I like how she weaves in belief in God, and a few gospel messages. It is refreshing to read a “clean” book. I received an ...more
Irene
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aftermath by Terri Blackstock A Christian thriller which incorporates faith, love suspense and mystery with likable and reliable characters in Dustin and Jamie Not one but three different dilemmas are skillfully woven together. There also is insight into depression and OCD. Twists at the end are a surprise.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
Dawn
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so drawn in and engrossed in this book that I was bummed when I finished it. I wanted to go out for coffee with Jamie, meet Dustin’s dog, and visit Crystal in the hospital. I don’t know if Ms. Blackstock will be writing a sequel, but I can imagine several ways the story could go. I would definitely recommend reading any of Terri Blackstock’s books!

I received an advanced readers copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Doug Yonce
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The author has done it again, mixing thriller, legal procedures, medical issues, relationships, and faith in a well-written novel with characters you care about and a story that unfolds in an enjoyable manner. I received an advanced digital copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Candy
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley for letting me read this advanced reader copy. I enjoy Terri Blackstock so much. She was my first introduction to Christian Mysteries when I was in college over 20 years ago. Her writing is still gripping and as good as ever. This was a really good book about redemption after many years and how God can work even the worst circumstances for good.
JoAnn
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a fantastic suspense. Aftermath is a well written edge of your seat page turner. Could not put this book down. I highly recommend this book. I received an advance ebook from the publisher and Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Julie Pint
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Another beautiful story of mystery, faith, and trial by Terri Blackstock. It’s a tale of life challenges and friendship that transcends time and place while mixing in the message that God will always be there. A refreshing spin to a mystery novel. Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC.
Dsbook
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a religious romantic suspense that focus's on faith, morals and betrayal. There are several story lines and at times it got confusing. Seemed like there were lots of depressing things happening in this story but the story grabbed me and I had to finish it ...more
Julie Graves
review to come May 11, 2021
Barbara Tsipouras
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Suspense, faith and a love story are expertly woven together. Terri Blackstock does really know how to do that.
B
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book. Heart rendering and uplifting at the same time. The characters were easy to be invested in. They were real and flawed. Thanks NetGalley for the ARC.
Tracy
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another interesting thriller mystery from Teri Blackstock.

• Three Missing Days
  • Obsession (Natchez Trace Park Rangers, #2)
  • Bookshop by the Sea
  • Active Defense (Danger Never Sleeps, #3)
  • The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • Point of Danger (Triple Threat, #1)
  • Hours to Kill (Homeland Heroes, #3)
  • Two Reasons to Run (Pelican Harbor #2)
  • The Newcomer
  • Hope Between the Pages
  • Court of Swans (The Dericott Tales, #1)
  • Christmas Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #26)
  • Her Every Move
  • Network of Deceit (Amara Alvarez #2)
  • The Escape (US Marshals, #1)
  • Lethal Intent
  • When Twilight Breaks
  • Six Weeks to Live
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived

News & Interviews

“I do kind of wish he had chosen another way to do it. But I'll take grace anywhere I can get it.” 0 likes
“She was a gift he hadn't let himself ask for. But God was good and provided what he needed.” 0 likes