Start by marking “Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)” as Want to Read:
Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)

Brutal Prince

(Brutal Birthright #1)

He’s No Prince Charming…

Callum Griffin is the heir to the Irish Mafia. He’s ruthless, arrogant, and he wants to kill me.

We got off on the wrong foot when I set a (very small) fire in his house.

Our families believe a marriage pact is the only thing that will prevent all-out warfare.

I think I might need to murder him while he sleeps.

This would all be a lot easier if Callum w
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 296 pages
Published July 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Brutal Prince, please sign up.
Sophie Lark oooh what a good question, Book 2 has a 12 year age gap and deals with Nessa who is quite young and innocent compared to her love interest

Start your review of Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.75 Smut Scale Stars, Rounded Up

If you are trash for mafia romance like I am, this will totally feed your craving decently enough. It's definitely mafia-lite in terms of violence and grit...and the relationship between the H and h felt a little looser than I'd prefer...but overall I really enjoyed it and plan on reading the second one as soon as it comes out.

Thanks to my friend Leigh for leading me to yet another solid read.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
54278218._SY475_

This one was a blast and also so much fun and I constantly found myself unexpectedly laughing throughout this.
Essentially this is an enemies to lovers arranged marriage story.
Aida Gallo is part of the Italian family and Callum Griffin the Irish.
Both prominent Chicago families and longtime adversaries.
Aida causes new family hostilities to emerge when she and her brothers crash a party at the Griffin mansion and she causes a little fire along with some accidental petty theft.
Much to her dismay, sh
Coco.V
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Picked this up on a whim and well, this was quite a surprise for me! Brutal Prince is extremely entertaining and captivating and it grabbed my attention from the first page all the way to the end. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. Callum and Aida were good together and their chemistry was smokin’ hot. I loved that the female lead was very strong and not a delicate flower. These two needed each other. They each had issues yet when together, and dealing honestly with each oth ...more
❀ Rose ❀
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Quick and fun.
niteskycs
𝟐 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

this book was actually funny until the 70% mark where the "plot" kicked in and i stopped paying attention and started skimming to get to the end. aida's siblings are kind of interesting ngl and i'd probably read their books which i'm assuming are the sequel(s).

the blurb is so cliché let me read this 😂
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
2,5 🤔🤔⭐️s

The first few chapters couldn’t have me invested in the story. Nicely written, yet predictable, it had more political aspects than mafia.
I liked the banter and pranks between Callum and Aida.
Unfortunately I couldn’t connect with the main characters and especially with
Callum. He was supposed to be a mafia prince but to be honest, even if he was 30 and living still with his parents, I wasn’t stunned by his strength or superiority.
The cover was fantastic!

~Mindy Lynn~
4.5 Stars!

It has been a long time since I really just loved the heroine. Aida was such a kick-ass female character. I loved how she didn't let the boys have all the fun. LOVED HER!!!

Aida and her brothers crash their rivals daughters birthday party. Aida does some snooping in their mansion and ends up setting their library on fire and stealing a precious heirloom. This incident is what puts her on Callum's radar. He retaliates. The outcome from Aida and Callum's stunts has their fathers coming to
Leigh
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brutal Prince is the first book I have read by Sophie Lark but most definitely not my last. Now before I begin let me start by saying that I almost dumped this book early on. I completely disliked Aida in the beginning and she almost ruined the book for me. I guess my sense of humor is non existent because I didn't find her childish behavior at the party funny nor did I like what she did with the watch. But what really did me in was the strawberries. Sorry but knowingly exposing yourself to some ...more
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️
Brutal Prince is a fast-paced and edgy enemies-to-lovers romance that is as sexy as it is entertaining. Callum and Aida's story had angst, humor, thrilling action, and sizzling hot romance. Sophie Lark gives readers a well-written and exciting story that kicks off what looks to be an amazing series.

"The more she rebels, the more I want to control her. I want to bend her to my will. I want to make her do whatever I say, for my pleasure."

Callum and Aida's journey starts off with a bang, setting t
Ros 🌼
3 stars

So this one is an enemies to lovers, mafia read with an Irish mobster hero – count me in! lol.

I loved Aida and Callum’s relationship and how Aida made Callum’s playful side shine. The mafia side of this was a little off though.

I totally agree with my GR friend, Leigh’s thoughts on this - it took until around 30% in before I got into the story, probably around the time of Callum and Aida’s arranged marriage. I found that the story jumped quickly through the scenes, weeks fly by in seconds
Evie Drae
I received an ARC courtesy of the author and BookSiren in exchange for an honest review.

Hang onto your hair, folx, because this book is one helluva ride!

This enemies-to-lovers mafia romance is a seriously fast-paced page-turner with a delightfully twisted and compelling storyline. I laughed out loud more than once, but also gasped and gawked and overall had to pause to fan myself.

This is a new to me author and I'm definitely going to be adding her to my watch list. I enjoyed this so much and am
Princess J. Antoinette
This was pretty cute.. I immensely enjoyed this book.. Well that's all!

Overall rating:
4* ~ A Good Read
Michelle Griffith
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This had me laughing out loud with the antics of Aida, Callum had his hands full with her that's for sure. Yes there is Mafia violence in it, it's about two families coming together with an arranged marriage between the two main characters, he is actually the calm to her wakey storm, I really did enjoy reading this.
Hannah
Wow hands down one of the best enemies to lovers I've ever read. I need a Callum Griffin in my life.
Maria11
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read! Loved Aida and her snarkiness made me laugh out loud many times while reading. She sure know how to test the limits. She is relentless. I also love how once she gets her mind set she is all in and never lets off the gas. Her brothers seem fun and I hope get their stories! Callum was ok. I really didn’t like his high and mighty attitude at first, he came around finally. Great read as always.

Received a ARC from the author for a honest review.
Patricia's Book Kingdom
I have not read any books by Sophie Lark before, but I love the enemies to lovers trope, and with the mafia plot thrown into the mix as well, I knew that I will greatly enjoy reading this beauty. And I was right.
"Oh my god," Callum says, pressing his fingers against the bridge of his nose. "I can't believe this. I'm marrying a child. And not a normal child--a demon hellspawn, like Chucky, or the Children of the Corn..."

The feud between the Gallo and the Griffin families is going back generati
K.S. Rochell
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal Prince is a compelling story with ingeniously written dialogue and explosive chemistry.

This book enticed & enthralled me completely. Sophie has taken this story and woven an incredibly intricate masterpiece that's left me completely and utterly speechless. It was so gripping, pulse-pounding, a tantalizing and thrilling ride that will leave you spellbound.
I’m still basking deep in BOOK BLISS. Sophie has outdid herself.
This is Sophie at her very best this book is one of my Top Reads of 2
JenMcJ
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, e-books
4.5 Stars. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. I loved both the MC's and Aida had a witty sense of humor that made me laugh out loud.

I am quickly moving to the next book in the series and hoping that this author can keep up the momentum.

Jennifer Roberts
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sophie Lark can do no wrong

Ok so yes I am brash but I haven’t even finished the book but it is too funny and such a perfect blend of humor and a strong women. Sophie lark couldn’t possibly do anything to mess up this story. Lord have mercy it’s fun and funny. I will add to list after I finish the book completed.
Monadh
Not really all that dark

Disclosure: ARC received thru BookSirens

Sophie Lark is a new to me author, although she has been on my radar for some time. But as I have a bit of OCD it never felt right to review a book that is part of a series of which I haven’t read the previous installments. So when I discovered that Brutal Prince was the first in a series, I naturally jumped on it. Also, the blurb mentioned all my favorite tropes: marriage-of-convenience, enemies-to-lovers, forced consent.

Despite it
Lauren
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars
My Introvert Romance Blog
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking word!!
What a way to be introduced to a new to me author and a brand new series! In-freaking-love!

𝐵𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑏𝑦 𝑆𝑜𝑝ℎ𝑖𝑒 𝐿𝑎𝑟𝑘 is riveting, captivating, unputdownable and hella sexy. I fell in love not just the cast of characters but with her writing— the banter is on point and I don’t think it’s meant to be a RomCom but I laughed so hard at the most random things— I’m telling you, 𝐵𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 is the bomb!!

𝐴𝑖𝑑𝑎 𝐺𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑜 & 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑢𝑚 𝐺𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑖𝑛 slayed me, they captured my heart with unyie
ashlee l.
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘Brutal Prince’ by Sophie Lark is an amazing enemies to lovers mafia romance story. Complete with an action-packed, enjoyable, twisted, story line. Sophie Lark is a new to me Author and I am so happy that I seen this book recommendation. Fans of enemies to lovers will experience a whole level of twists and turns and to expect the unexpected; Wrapped all together with phenomenal writing by this Author.

This read was purely satisfying with all different elements being put into it by Sophie Lark. T
Copper78
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've never read anything by Lark before and I was SO pleasantly surprised. Other authors need to take note because THIS is how to write an enemies-to-lovers / arranged marriage book! It was fantastic from beginning to end. There was no fake, mild animosity here. There was also no insta-love. Cal and Aida truly hated each other. Aida was a firecracker and Cal was a cool, collected cucumber and they complemented eachother perfectly. They really were like pieces of a puzzle that just fit and they h ...more
K.  Ramjohn
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal Prince, the latest novel by Sophie Lark will hold your interest until the end. The story contained enemies to lovers, dark mafia romance and arranged marriage tropes into one story that was action packed with twists and turns and will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions. It was captivating, well written and flowed smoothly. The author gave us a headstrong heroine who was able to handle herself, and a ruthless arrogant hero. Aida and Callum had scorching hott chemistry that will ...more
Aly
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this!
This was such a fun read, the plot was crazy and fast paced and the characters were well written and amusing. Aida was my favorite, she's strong and capable and maybe a bit insane and she would do anything for her family. I loved her relationship with her brothers and how they protect each other. Even though they're mobsters, they're a cute family.

Callum is a jerk at the beginning, but he just needed someone to stand up to him and push his buttons a bit. Aida and his chemistry was
Kate V
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 - 4 stars

Aida and Callum are forced into marriage by their families to create an alliance. They are both unhappy about the union. Thus begins their enemies to lovers story.

I would say this is light in terms of violence and the mafia world. This started out a little rocky for me. I was worried that the MCs were going to be immature and annoying but it turned around pretty quickly. Aida and Callum were really cute together and the plot, while not entirely unique, was suspenseful and entertai
Kandiemarie
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Sophie Lark’s Colors of Crime series and the first book in the Brutal Birthright series doesn't disappoint. It was a well written, action-packed, humorous, suspenseful, and sexy hot romance. I couldn't put it down until I was done reading it. I'm looking forward to the upcoming books in this series! You'd definitely get a recommendation from me on this one.
Kate
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I don't usually really really like the romance books on kindle because they can be really slow and all the action happens in the last 5% of the book. HOWEVER.

I found this book to be really well paced, the hot and steamy scenes were definitely hot and steamy, I really enjoyed the development of the characters and overall this was just an enjoyable read!
Chellabration
Aug 13, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf-cnf
Omg puke... I thought this read so weird then I realized why.
🤔🧐😅😂
She mentioned sparkly dresses and I'm like 😱 then I was like 🤮
DNF because wrong anatomy 🤷🏾 #noshame
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate - Please Merge 4 12 Jul 30, 2020 12:37PM

• Insanely Hot, Then Not (Flame Series, #3)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • Mafia Seduction
  • This Love Hurts
  • Beautiful Monster
  • Zane (Reapers MC Book 11)
  • These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • Crude
  • Their Kingdom Come (The Sinners of Saint Amos #1)
  • King of Shadows (King of Shadows, #1)
  • Bad Sons: A Modern Shakespeare Retelling (Verona Saga Book 3)
  • Unbidden (Brighton Academy #1)
  • Unpredictable (Brighton Academy #2)
  • Dismount (Off Balance, #5)
  • Til Death Do us Part (Kornilov Bratva Duet, #2)
  • Becoming Autism Friendly: A small town's journey towards autism awareness, acceptance and inclusion.
  • Tacet a Mortuis (Elite Kings Club, #3)
Join the Love Lark Letter:

Sophie Lark is an Amazon Bestselling author who writes intense, intelligent romance, with heroines who are strong and capable, and men who will do anything to capture their hearts. She lives with her husband, two boys, and baby girl in the Rocky Mountain West.

She has a slight obsession with hiking, bodybuilding, and live comedy shows. Her perf

Brutal Birthright (6 books)
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
  • Savage Lover  (Brutal Birthright #3)
  • Bloody Heart (Brutal Birthright #4)
  • Broken Vow (Brutal Birthright #5)
  • Heavy Crown (Brutal Birthright #6)

News & Interviews