Start by marking “Big City Heat: A High-Rise Romance Anthology” as Want to Read:
Big City Heat: A High-Rise Romance Anthology

Big City Heat: A High-Rise Romance Anthology

The heat is rising and champagne is on ice.

Love contemporary romances in the Big City? Say yes and you’ll love this collection of hot and steamy stories set in city high-rises, each perfect for one sitting.

Within these pages, find an exotic cocktail — billionaire, fake, curvy women, older men, interracial, LGBTQ, straight, office, mafia … and more.

In this set:

The 57th Floo
Kindle Edition
Published October 15th 2020 by Shaking the Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about Big City Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big City Heat

Start your review of Big City Heat: A High-Rise Romance Anthology
Mylene Williams
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This collection of short stories is really good.

Lucy Eden- Wolf of Wall Street, Luis and Aurora was a great story from beginning to end. Luis meets the love of his life and can't believe it. He is all consuming and powerful but Aurora brings him to his knees. Will Luis get over himself and allow nature to take place?

Moni Boyce - Make me beg, Teagan and Reid have never been friends until a situation that threatens Teagan's life brings them together much to the horror of Teagan. Will Teagan trust
Andrea
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was able to read a couple of stories and each was very good! They kept my interest and I was curious to see how it played out. A-Hole by Phoebe Alexander was a definite favorite! I definitely recommend you check out the anthology. There's something for everyone!
Jennifer Richey
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This anthology consist of 12 short stories of 12 different stories! I had the pleasure of reading A hole by phoebe alexander! This story made me laugh it was steamy & the scenes were cute! Ace & Ella their characters had great chemistry! ...more
Juniper Greer
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a nice assortment of romances set against the backdrop of city living. There are a couple that missed the mark for me: I wasn’t a fan of “A Change of Plans” because the female protagonist starts out a bada&& and becomes a complete basket case. “The 57th Floor,” the first story in the collection, almost made me reluctant to read further, as I was put off by its premise that a dating algorithm is the only way to find love and that all millennial guys are worthless in bed, and only older on ...more
Kimberly
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Thank you @moniboyce for sharing this romance anthology. All opinions are my own.

Big City Heat contains twelve short stories. Some stand alone, some include characters from other series and a couple are prequels. The only author I was familiar with was Moni, but I really enjoyed being introduced to the other eleven and their own unique writing styles. The central theme is obviously romances that occur in high rises, but each and every story was vastly different and equally surprising. I loved t
Fay Min
I'm not going to lie, I jumped right into Moni Boyce's "Make Me Beg"! She has become one of my absolute favorite authors and I couldn't wait to read it. "Make Me Beg" is a prequel to "Make Me Trust: Bound to the Fixer" (which I am also very excited about). As many of you may or may not know, this is a part of an anthology called "Big City Heat" which has many amazing authors.

As it is on the shorter side, I was able to finish it one sitting. Also, though it is short, I instantly fell in love wit
Amy Sandusky
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Moni Boyce's Make Me Beg, Teagan works for the Irish mob at an illegal makeshift hospital in a Manhattan penthouse. Reid Beckett works for the Moran family and has wanted Teagan for his own for some time. He embodies everything he hates, even though she finds herself attracted to him.
When she is attacked on her way home from work by the nephew of the head of an Italian mob gamily, Reid protects her by pretending to be her boyfriend. When that doesn't satisfy the mob boss, Reid marries her.
Th
Jay
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This review is for 'Make Me Beg' by Moni Boyce and The Wolf of Wall Street by Lucy Eden

MAKE ME BEG
In my mind's eye I wasn't reading a book. I felt like I was watching a film noir with action right off the bat that had me captivated. Feisty heroine, check. Uber sexy, take charge hero, check. Engaging storyline and awesome characters, well we’re on to a winner.

Teagan had to offer her medical knowledge to the Irish mob after her father dies leaving her and her very ill mother with his gambling debt
Joyce Hudson
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: moni-boyce
“Make Me Beg” is a part of “Big City Heat” and I loved it and it is the prequel to the next book “Make Me Trust: Bound to the Fixer”.

Reid Beckett, was taken in at a young age by mob boss Christy Moran the head of one of the largest crime families. Reid is known as the fixer, he does whatever he has to get the job done.
Teagan Palmer is in deep financial trouble after the death of her dad, her mom is battling cancer, she drops out of medical school and takes on a job with criminal mob boss Chris
Kelli
Book Review: Big City Heat Anthology
Authors: Hazel Storm, PE Kavanagh, Phoebe Alexander, Aidy Award, Jodi Payne, Maida Malby, Stella Williams, Lucy Eden, Moni Boyce, Jayce Ellis, Emily Gray, Bree Kraemer
FIVE STARS
This collection of 12 short stories, or novellas, by 12 amazing authors is an erotic cocktail. In these pages you will find a mix of billionaire, fake, curvy women, older men, interracial, LGBTQ, straight, office, mafia, and much, much, MUCH more.
These stories are wonderfully written an
Carrie
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of 12 novellas by some truly talented authors. Each of these authors does a really good job in drawing you into these characters in a short time, quite a feat for a novella in general, much less 12 of them all in one. The stories pull you in and invest you into the characters, into their lives, with some steam, some high rises, and some dramatic turns. These stories make you laugh, cry, and fall in love with all of them. I love how each of these stories were so unique, ...more
Anabela.M.
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a really nice and interesting collection of stories for every taste and I enjoyed them all, but I admit I picked it up because Jodi Payne had one novella featuring and I couldn't give up reading it.

44th & Blue is centered around Ben and Cole who, for the past few months, have been meeting every Friday night for sex. Only names, no personal information, just a mutually  beneficial agreement supposed to remain an anonymous hookup. But, one Monday morning, their professional lives clashed,
Emily
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Big City Heat: A High-Rise Romance Anthology" is a wonderful collection of twelve stories. This set has something for everyone. This was the first time I'd read any work from the authors included in this set and I'm looking forward to reading more in the future.
This collection includes:
"Felling Bechet" by Stella Williams
'The Wolf of Wall Street" b
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, anthologies are a great way to discover new authors, so Big City Heat: A High-Rise Anthology definitely did that for me. Some of these authors I know, and some I didn't, but I will definitely be checking those new to me out with previous and/or future work.  This anthology is filled with different stories which means there's something for everyone with the 12 novellas available.  There are super sexy stories, super sweet stories, and super exciting sto ...more
Rebecca
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't had a chance to read the whole set yet, but I have loved what I have read so far.

A-Hole by Phoebe Alexander
"If Paul were a crayon, he would be gray. A non-descript, completely neutral and unexceptional gray." Seriously, that line made me laugh out loud, and then I knew the rest of the book wouldn't disappoint.

I don't normally like such short little reads, but I have to say this one was a lot of fun. It's hard to impress with such a short window to do so, and it's definitely difficul
Brenda Moser
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This review is for The Wolf of Wall Street by Lucy Eden.
It's a well written book with strong characters and an entertaining story line. The author does a great job building the story with detailed and descriptive scenes and moves the story quickly and fluidly. I enjoyed reading Aurora and Luis's story and reading with the dual POV. She builds the tension and brings tons of emotions as well as steam as they come together.

This is a great anthology filled with great characters and story lines by nu
LeeAnn
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed all the stories in this anthology. A majority of the authors are new to me.
I always love a story that gives a bit of angst mixed in with hot sex and an enduring love story. The authors brought their own, unique talents to tell their story in a way that grabbed my attention each and every time.
A MUST read I feel. Take a cold or rainy day break and get this book. you will not be disappointed . A story for everyone.
I received an Advanced Readers Copy in exchange for my honest re
Tiffany Levin
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This anthology has a little bit of everything surrounding the main theme - big city skyscrapers. I liked how each author took a different spin and gave you something different each time. Most of the authors were new to me and I really enjoyed their stories. A favorite in the collection was A Hole from Phoebe Alexander. A comic that bets a woman that he can make her laugh? A woman that isn’t sure that she won’t become the punchline? Mix in a bunch of friends that think they are doing what is best ...more
aoife
I’m reading this only for 57th Floor and therefore, this review only concerns the story.

I enjoyed it and I really liked Peter and Madelyn’s romance. I’m a sucker for “huge-age difference” and I believe in “love is blind” so I don’t have any trouble reading their story.

And I’m relieved to be introduced to mature and sensible characters for once in my life since my reading journey started. That was very much appreciated and it gave me hope that not all heroes and heroines were stupid and stubborn
Ladyjovi Stone
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Big City Heat is a collection of 12 short stories that has something for just about anyone, no matter your favorite genre of romance.
Some of the stories I loved and others were not really my cup of tea but still well written stories that others I think would truly enjoy.
My personal favorites were The 57th Floor, A Hole and The Wolf of Wall Street. Any one of these stories I feel is well worth the 99 pennies and you might just find a new author you want to read more.
Mulan
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is only for Lucy Eden’s The Wolf of Wall Street. This was such a cute story. The courtship of Aurora and Luis seems almost like if they were in Elementary/Middle School status and was very adorable to see how Luis tries to get her attention. This novel was entertaining and interesting, and was definitely enjoyable to read!

I received a free advanced review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a fair and honest review.
Bambi Bloomfield
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is 12 novellas by 12 different authors. A wide variety of stories so it's not boring or the same story over and over. My favorite is definitely A Hole by Phoebe Alexander. It's a fun and sweet with heat! I couldn't get enough of these new characters and can't wait to read all their friends stories to come!
Lili
For "A Change of Plans" by PE Kavanagh

I really liked this story. "PE" în my language means "on", which is so true; she's "on", she knows how to craft the words in order to make you feel... everything. She doesn't just tell you how the H touched his dreams of love or how the h had an epiphany, she makes you live through it as if it happens to a dear friend.

A lovely little story.

blueyed_cntry_girl
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great variety collection of novellas. Each one written by a different author and the characters are great. First one starts out sweet with some twists that you might not see coming. You’ll be laughing in some. I’m excited to read the next book in a few of these novellas.

I received this as an ARC and this is my honest and voluntary review.
BusyM3
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A entertaining read that will hold your attention all the way through. The characters chemistry is sizzling. A fun read. A great collection of stories, each one was well written.

I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kathy Mccalmon
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a Box set of 12 contemporary romances. All take place in the big city with all different storylines. A great collection of short books

Deb Le
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great collection of short stories. Contemporary romance in a city setting, there is literally something for everyone in here. Sweet, cute, steamy, paranormal. Fun and enjoyable to read.
Kayleigh Woods
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great read! I enjoyed them all! <3 ...more
Melissa
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the variety of stories in this anthology. There was no risk of getting bored with stories seeming to repeat themselves.

I was introduced to a number of new authors I'll be looking for too!
Maida
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Proud to have my Global City Tryst FilAm interracial, international, contemporary novelette as part of this diverse and inclusive romance boxset that celebrates all kinds of love.

Goodreads Librari...: Book put under wrong author profile 2 12 Jul 02, 2020 10:41AM

• The Big O (Alpha Bet Guys Book 2)
  • Shark Bite (Romance in Rehoboth #7)
  • Den of Vipers
  • Take Me (Dark Odyssey, #5)
  • Bitter Edge (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Love Surreptitiously
  • You Owe Me: You Owe Me: A Standalone BWWM Enemies-to-Lovers Romance (Love Trap)
  • Euphoria (Arrangement Series Book 4)
  • A Whirl with My Mocha-Chocolate Swirl (One Scoop or Two)
  • Knockin' the Boots (Blazing Eagle Ranch)
  • Walk Me Home: A Friends to Lovers Dance Romance
  • Jingle Balls: A Holiday Romantic Comedy Anthology
  • Never Let Me Go
  • Untamed Passion (Dynasties: Seven Sins #6)
  • High Society Secrets (The Sterling Wives #2)
  • Undeniable (Love Desired, #4)
  • Playing for Keeps (Game Changers Book 2)
  • The Professional (A World of Ember novel)
Hazel Storm writes stories about love between characters with conscience.

Over the past two decades, she has been vegan, raw vegan and vegetarian. She loves hot yoga and cool martial arts.

She’s a feminist and an advocate for equality and compassion for all living beings. She believes in love, not war, helping others help themselves and building amazing relationships.

And in the interest of conservat