Start by marking “What is a Dream? (Let's Go Dreaming Book 2)” as Want to Read:
What is a Dream? (Let's Go Dreaming Book 2)

What is a Dream? (Let's Go Dreaming Book 2)

Kindle Edition
Published June 23rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about What is a Dream?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What is a Dream?

Start your review of What is a Dream? (Let's Go Dreaming Book 2)
Rahaf Kanaan
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Step Into Ari’s Dream!

Quote:” If thoughts create things, let your mind give you wings, you start with a wish and then it begins.”
During bedtime children have a tendency the fear of darkness.This book has wonderful rhymes and gives a positive encouragement to break away from fear and step into the light of imagination. The story begins with Ari’s normal bedtime routine and her faithful little dog. She answers all the questions about what is a dream displaying her happy thoughts through imaginatio
laura8759
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
Thank you so much to Shanita Allen for the pdf download of what this is a dream this was such a cute story the illustrations were amazing an overall good children’s book Ari has just discovered her dog can talk to her and it wants to know what is a dream, what does it taste like, what does it feel like, what does it sound like, what does it smell like, what does it look like in a dream this book is great for little children easy for them to read by them self or for an adult to read it to them b ...more
Samantha Evans
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was such an adorable book I read with my son who is six. He loved the illustrations that are in the book. It kept him interested all throughout. Because he was wanting a brand new book for me to read to him at bedtime, and this was the one for sure! My son always wondered about what a dream was. Sometimes he would wake up, and be scared. This book was able to help him understand more. Now he is no longer afraid anymore. Bless the author for making this book! I recommend this book to other p ...more
Penelope Lagos
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dreamy Read

What a sweet story that not only explains what dreams are but let's our imaginations run free. The illustrations are beautifully done with attention to detail. I liked the focus on certain vocabulary words and the way the author highlights them for the reader. Worth the read!
Naomi V.
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nice Bedtime Story

I think children would enjoy this book at bedtime. A sweet little girl named Ari is ready for bed. After getting a pleasant surprise from her little dog Pepper, we see the delightful time she has explaining dreams to Pepper. The story is written in prose, which to me, adds more enjoyment to the story. Nice story for bedtime! The illustrations are nice.
Donna Maguire
This was a lovely book!

I really liked the idea behind this book and it has some lovely illustrations.

The book was easy to follow and understand and it had a lovely flow to the words.
The author really pitched this book well for the target audience and it was a pleasure to read.

It is 4 stars from me for this one - highly recommended!
Loreta Yono
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So beautiful book

Loved this story about the dream. It is beautifully explained. And the illustrations are just stunning. The best book for kids about dreams I came so far. Highly recommended!
Suzan Johnson
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A dreamy book

This little girl expresses herself so wonderfully. As the reader I can imagine all of the ways dreams come alive. The rhyming is fun and so is her companion. A fun and vibrant story!
Velma Bagby
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love Ari’s shock when she discovers her dog can talk. It’s Ari’s dog Pepper who asks the probing questions about dreams - what are they, their taste, or how they feel & more. Love the rhymes. The end is so sweet - it’s my favorite ending.
Morenike Oyenusi
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
LOVELY, POETIC BOOK!

This lovely, rhyming tale by a gifted writer will inspire you and your children and warm your hearts! It’s a beautiful, poetic description of the nature of dreams, accompanied by imaginative and sublime illustrations. It’s a book to be treasured and re-read!
Armita Zadeh
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Promoted a peaceful sleep!!

This is an amazing bedtime story. The book talks about what dreams are and how dreams are created. The story is fun! The illustrations are colorful and entertaining. This book also help develop children’s imagination.
Cindy Shirley
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Adorable story

Young readers will love this book. It's filled with imagination and wonder as the main characters dog begins to speak. Together they go on a journey through their dreams before falling asleep all cuddled up in bed. The illustrations are colorful and very cute.
Alison McLean
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An Absolute Gem!

I loved this book.. everything about it from the brilliant message, the perfect rhymes and finally the beautiful illustrations. If I were a child, THIS would be my favorite bedtime book. I highly recommend for your children’s library!
Sakshi Garg
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rhyming book

Very cute story which is basically a dialog between a girl and her dog. They both discuss what dreams are and how you can go anywhere in your dreams. The dog is so convinced that she wants to go on a dream! Great book!
Justine
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Book

Love this book and it makes a great bedtime story.
It’ll be a great way to explain dreams to my daughter. Very well written and I recommend this book!
OjoAusana
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* Really great art work, i think its water color and wow its awesome! cute little story too!
Priya Kumari
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nice read

Nice book with simple and engaging illustrations. My 5 yr olds liked the book. Wil recommend it. Overall a nice read.
Richard Linville
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Why Dream?

Join Ari and her talking dog, Pepper, as they discuss what a dream is. Dreams can take you to fantastic places. They can fulfill your wishes. A wonderful bedtime story.
Cindy
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dreams And possibilities

A sweet book that explains the wide world of dreaming through the eyes of a child. Definitely for young children.
Natalie McDonald-Perkins
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nice Inspirational

This book was very inspirational and brings perspective to children. I also like the poetry aspect of it. We all can dream and take our minds on some magical adventures. It's important to know that are dreams might not be the same.
Karen Pessoa
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Helping children to dream

This is a delightful fun book with great Illustrations. I like the rhymes. This book encourages children to dream big! Dreams really do come true. It is uplifting and really sweet.
Destiny Brown
Jan 04, 2021
Jaylin Palacio
marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2020

• My First Emojis: How's Emoji? Helps Children Pin-Point Emotions & Express Feelings
  • Nosey Nelly: Goes to the Farm
  • Little Amie: A Cat Comes Visiting (Little Amie and Moral Stories)
  • Different is Beautiful
  • The World Famous (Well a few people have read it) ABC Book of Rhymes (Mariana Books Rhyming 1)
  • Scrappy was in love with an owl: Will you be my valentine?
  • Happy Place: A young girl learns about a happy place and discovers her own with help from family and friends.
  • Unicorn's Picnic
  • Cam's Sneakers
  • Johari The Great
  • Preston's Positive Thoughts: I Am a Problem Solver Series
  • ABC That Sounds Like Me! A Strengths Spotting Alphabet Book
  • ROXI the Rescue Dog - Helps the Tigers: An Animal Compassion Story for Children (ages 2 - 6) (ROXI Helps the Animals Book 4)
  • What Children Love Around The World: Children love the same things and play the same games no matter which part of the world they live.
  • What I Learned From Nature: Life Lessons
  • I'm Feeling Blue: A Kids Book About Being Sad (Mike And His Pet Monkey)
  • I Move A Lot and That's Okay
  • The Warrior in Me!
Shanita Allen is the author of the Let’s Go Dreaming children’s book series, which inspires young minds to dream big and allows readers to see the world through the eyes of Little Ari and her talking dog, Pepper. The Let’s Go Dreaming series is a collection of 9 books that teach lessons about acceptance, diversity, friendship, special needs, and bullying.

​Shanita is a Board Certified Behavior Anal