Start by marking “Mystery Follows Her” as Want to Read:
Mystery Follows Her

Mystery Follows Her

MISCHIEF, MAYHEM, OR MURDER?
MYSTERY FOLLOWS HER through dangerous city streets, quaint villages, and locales across the globe. Uncover the clues with feisty female sleuths of various ages in this multi-author cozy mystery collection of short stories.

• Catch a mugger in THANKSGIVING AND THEFT by Dianne Ascroft.
• Dig up hidden treasure in BURIED BY THE BEACH by Ellen Jacobso
Published June 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mystery Follows Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery Follows Her

Start your review of Mystery Follows Her
Fran
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting project. Nine authors. Nine women. Nine crime stories. This is an anthology dedicated to cozy mysteries. From grand larceny to murder, there is a little of everything here and I enjoyed it all. And the settings are just as varied as the crimes and perpetrators, transporting the reader from busy coastal villages, across homely suburbs, to college towns so, whatever your taste, you’ll find something to like here.

Also, if you, like me, are one of those people who love to
Chatting About
Mystery Follows Her is an Anthology by eight Authors. I highly recommend the short stories written by Ellen Jacobson, Adriana Licio, and Angela K. Ryan—three authors that I am familiar with and enjoyed reading these short stories in their cozy mystery series.

The other five authors were unfamiliar to me, and their writing styles did not interest me.

I honestly reviewed a digital copy provided by NetGalley and Books Go Social. Thank you.
Micky Cox
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
A collection of short mystery stories to not only entertain you, but introduce you to new authors and series that you may not be familiar with. I found several new to me characters among the stories presented here that I am excited about following up and reading more about. I love that it gives you a taste of multiple settings, a variety of main characters and interesting mysteries to enjoy! While I enjoy a good murder mystery, it was fun to read mysteries that didn't revolve around a murder cas ...more
Elsbeth
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And readers will follow the mystery...
Great short reads that make you want to read more!
Some of these stories are meant as an introduction to the series. Some are meant as a bonus to an ongoing series. Either way, they are short reads which give you a chance to try out some (new) authors. I hadn't read anything by any of these writers, but I really want to read more! I loved all the stories, most enough to warrant giving the whole book 5 stars.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout a
Vintagebooklvr
Dec 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
3 1/2 stars. This is a series of cozy mystery novellas and short stories by talented but perhaps not as well- known authors. It is a good variety of locations, types of crimes, origin stories and continuing adventures. In other words, a little bit for pretty much everyone. I enjoyed the variety and have started to read some other stories by these authors.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
P.S. Winn
Jun 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a great collection to grab. I love short story collections, but find when a book has numerous authors the rating is harder. I hate to single out writers. Let's just say this is a great collection and one to have handy for a lazy day at the beach to a night snuggled up in front of a cozy fire. All in all a mystery lover's dream! ...more
Gina
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun group of cozy mystery stories with female protagonists, set around the world. One or two could have used some tight editing or a good beta reader, but I also found some new authors out of this. Favorites were written by Beate Boeker, Adriana Licio, and Vikki Walton. An enjoyable read!
Toi Thomas
This was a fun read I discovered because of an author I follow who contributed one of the stories in this collection. It was nice to get a sampling of other cozy mysteries from authors new to me.

While Buried by the Beach was the story that had me laughing the most it was not my favorite, but it came in a close second. Closed out was the story that really pulled me in. It started out kind of sad and then frustrating as the mystery unfolded. It was a delightful roller-coaster ride getting to the
Nancy
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting selection of authors with a sample of stories from each author and then a short biography on each author and their website url to find them. Some of the stories were very better than others but mainly a matter of taste I think. There were a variety and great for short reading periods.
Cath
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of nine short stories by a variety of mystery writers and covers a whole multitude of scenarios. The stories take you around the world and involve a crew of female sleuths in unexpected positions, often through accidents. Some may have done a bit of amateur sleuthing in the past, but others are put into the position by events that happen to them. One story has a woman being mugged in a local park, just as two friends are walking by and they try to stop the mugger, but fail. ...more
Emily Pennington
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
We have some wonderful cozy mysteries that span dangerous city streets, quaint villages, and locales across the globe as we follow along with the feisty female sleuths of various ages as they solve crimes. You’ll love this collection of intriguing and light-hearted stories. Included are the following titles:

o Catch a mugger in THANKSGIVING AND THEFT by Dianne Ascroft
o Dig up hidden treasure in BURIED BY THE BEACH by Ellen Jacobson
o Open up a case in CLOSED OUT by Tamara Woods
o Pray for justice i
Nadine
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a wonderful collection of cozy stories!

As is always the case with a collection, you are bound to love some more than others. They were all quite enjoyable, and well-written, and I wholeheartedly recommend all the stories in this anthology! But there were a few that stood out to me for all the right reasons, a few that really excelled in my opinion:

Dianne Ascroft - Thanksgiving and Theft - I saw another reviewer mentioning the backstory was a bit on the heavy side. And yes, it was heavy, b
Anjana
Nov 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I have had a love-hate relationship with both short stories as well as cozy mysteries featuring enterprising young women. With this book, I wanted to test my interest in both. I recently loved a collection of historical cozies so I thought I might enjoy this one too.
Debating and procrastinating this review held up a lot of other reviews since I wanted to individually elaborate on what worked for me and what didn't. This can clarify to anyone interested in picking it up if they would find it more
Louise-Andree
Nov 01, 2020 rated it liked it
** ARC provided by Netgalley and BooksGoSocial in exchange for an honest review **

3.5*

9 mystery authors, grouped together into one book with 9 different stories that don't link with one another. They were all unknown to me and that is always nice when it's a still new genre for someone to discover authors and their way of thinking and writing. I definitely loved the idea between this anthology for sure.

Except, I wasn't into any of the stories the way I've been into other books in the genre for s
Christine Rains
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a light-hearted collection of cozy mysteries which made me laugh and kept me guessing. I was drawn to this book because I'm a fan of one of the authors, and now I find myself wanting several new series of cozy mysteries from these wonderful authors I've been introduced to! What's even more thrilling is that these tales of women sleuths take us around the world. It was my own little vacation of whodunnits since I can't fly around the globe myself. ...more
Rachel Casey
Plot

A collection of cozy mystery short stories from various authors. A woman tries to catch a mugger who stole a brooch from a dear old lady in one story. Another story sees a disgraced woman leaving her home town and moving to Hawaii, only to have her backpack stolen from the beach. While elsewhere, an army chaplain has to figure out who shot a Private and why.

Okay, let me be honest here.

I’m going to start by admitting that I didn’t finish this whole book. I got about halfway through and had t
Jamie Jack
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: p-2020, mystery
Can You Really Have a Good Mystery Short Story?

I love a good cozy mystery, especially ones featuring female sleuths—as they are all in this book—but I usually am not a fan of short-form mysteries. But I was intrigued enough by this set of authors and the story premises to give this a go. Unfortunately, I did find that many of these stories did suffer from the typical issues in short-story- and novella-length mysteries: info dumping to get the reader up to speed quickly (particularly at the start
M.M. Hudson
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
For the purposes of my review, I only read one of the stories that is in this anthology. That story is "Thanksgiving and Theft." I will, however, read the rest of them at my leisure because frankly, cozy reads are usually fun and easy reads. Each story will take an hour to hour and a half to read.

"Thanksgiving and Theft" takes place...around Thanksgiving...in a quaint neighborhood in Toronto, Canada. The main character, Lois, is transported back into memories and nostalgia when her and a friend
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
"Mystery Followers Her" is a book of short stories that each feature a female sleuth who uses her wisdom, moxie and curiosity to solve a mystery. Most of the stories introduce a full-length novel by the respective authors. All the stories are fairly clean and fun to read. My only improvement would be a few tweaks to flow.
Here's how I rated each story.
1. 2 stars - Catch a mugger in THANKSGIVING AND THEFT by Dianne Ascroft
2. 4 stars - Dig up hidden treasure in BURIED BY THE BEACH by Ellen Jacobso
Ferne
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
I decided to make a change in my habit of how I select novels to read this year and it's been a delightful experience. In the past I've rarely read many multi-author story collections regardless of genre. By "changing it up" I've read some wonderful stories and added more authors to my tbr list. One of the surprises of this collection is that not all of the inquiries were murder investigations which automatically brought a different spin. The cover art adds to the charm of this selection too!

The
Betti
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is a fine collection of cozy mysteries sure to entertain and take you to many places. Short and easy to read, a most enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

Thanksgiving and Theft - Dianne Ascroft
Learning to deal with her anxiety allows her to help someone else.

Buried by the Beach - Ellen Jacobson
A theft that is good?

Closed Out - Tamara Woods
Help comes in all shapes and sizes.

Treasures in Heaven - Sarah Biglow
Blood or not, we all have each other’s backs - no matter what!

Ring Gone ‘Round the Ro
Stephanie Dagg
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an enjoyable collection of short cosies.
Generally with an anthology, there's unevenness in quality and appeal of the contents. Here, however, we have a well-matched array of writing. Every story is absorbing and interesting. Packing a cosy mystery into a small space isn't easy as this deceptively simple-appearing genre has certain demands that all need to be fulfilled. A cosy is a complicated thing! The authors all succeed in creating empathetic protagonists, unlikeable victims on the wh
Ann
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is an anthology of 9 short stories by a variety of authors.
• Catch a mugger in THANKSGIVING AND THEFT by Dianne Ascroft.
• Dig up hidden treasure in BURIED BY THE BEACH by Ellen Jacobson
• Open up a case in CLOSED OUT by Tamara Woods
• Pray for justice in TREASURES IN HEAVEN by Sarah Biglow
• Escape the blame in RING GONE ‘ROUND THE ROSES by Aubrey Elle.
• Try on some clues in THE MYSTERY OF THE STOLEN RING by Beate Boeker
• Search for the suspect in WHEN THE CLOCK CHIMES TWO by Adriana Licio
• C
Sherry Lynn
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very fun. Mystery Follows Her was a charming and cozy chance to meet a few new authors. A few were familiar but many in this group were new to me.
I enjoyed the short mysteries. They seemed to be just the right length for quiet evening read. Each one is well written and a lot of them are prequels to series so the reader gets an introduction to the series.
I loved the cover and I felt that it depicted the collection well and intrigued me to turn the pages.

Can I pick a favorite?
That is hard for m
Joanne Ernest
Mystery Follows Her : A Multi-Author Cozy Mystery Collection by
Dianne Ascroft, Ellen Jacobsen, Tamara Woods, Sarah Bigeow, Aubrey Elle, Beate
Boeker, Adriana Licio, Vikki Walton and Angela K. Ryan

This anthology of cozy mysteries featuring strong, capable women who can't resist getting to the heart of a mystery was a delight for me to read. Each and every story was an excellent example of a cozy mystery and had interesting characters, good plots and smart, sometimes tricky, conclusions. I can hone
Micky Cox
Jun 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pearly Williams
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is a collection of nine short stories by a variety of mystery writers and covers a whole multitude of scenarios. The stories span across the globe, dangerous city streets, and quaint villages.

This compelling set of cozy mysteries provides interesting storylines that hold the reader's attention. The characters are well described and easy to relate to. I enjoyed reading this fine collection of stories as they were entertaining and at times hilarious.

The combination of expectancy, intri
Margaret
Sep 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I struggled to get through this collection. I found the first story rather depressing so I skipped to the second one. The beginning of that one was so slapstick foolish that I quit reading it as well. I was on vacation and wanted to read something I thoroughly enjoyed vs. trudging through mediocrity. I let my mom borrow it and she said she really liked it. So, decided to give it another try. I forced myself to finish the first two and then made my way through the rest. A few were decent but most ...more
Shirley McAllister
A Cozy Mystery Medley

I enjoyed this book of cozy mysteries. It was a collection by various authors. The book has a little bit of everything. Muggings, Murders, Robbery, Theft, Humor and a lot of happy endings.

I enjoyed getting a taste of writing from so many different authors. It gave me some new favorites. Since there are several different stories you can read them in different settings as you have time.

It was the perfect book following a bit of heavy reading. It really lifts your spirits. I w
Susan
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful read consisting of 9 short stories with international settings and vastly different protagonists from a chaplain to a pet-sitter. While I enjoyed every one of them, Vikki Walton's Hijinks in Ajijic was the most enjoyable for me. Perhaps because Vivianne is turning 60 but still up for adventure I related more to her. The idea of using a position as a house/pet sitter to see the world is intriguing. The characters were a hoot and the story line kept me going.

All of these auth
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Fiesta Burger Murder: A Spicy Cozy Mystery (A Burger Bar Mystery Book 1)
  • Tempest in the Tea Leaves (A Fortune Teller Mystery, #1)
  • Death Takes A Break: A Taylor Texas Mystery
  • Exercise Is Murder (Smiley and McBlythe #1)
  • Poodle Versus the Assassin
  • Girl Hidden: A Detective Kaitlyn Carr Novella (A Detective Kaitlyn Carr Mystery)
  • Diamonds Aren't Forever (Heist Ladies Caper Mystery, #1)
  • Aloha Alibi (Charlotte Gibson Mysteries Book 1)
  • Knockout (A Holly Hands Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • A Flytrap Fiasco
  • Between a Rock and a Deadly Place (Cedar Fish Campground Book 1)
  • Hijinks in Ajijic: A sassy senior sleuth cozy mystery (Viviane's Adventures Mystery)
  • Bodies, Baddies, and a Crabby Tabby (A Bliss Bay Village Mystery Book 1)
  • Goodbye Port Alma (A DC Holly Towns Murder Mystery #1)
  • Into the Lion's Den: (A Christian Amateur Sleuth Mystery) (Reverend Margot Quade Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • When the Carny Comes to Town (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #3)
  • Coffee & Corpses (Connie Cafe Mystery #1)
  • The Sweet Taste of Murder (Angel Lake Mystery #1)
I was born in Toronto, Canada and earned a B.A. in history at the University of Windsor. I've lived in Scotland and Northern Ireland since moving to Britain in 1990.

I've written historical and human interest articles for Canadian and Irish newspapers and magazines as well as contributing to an Irish local history book. 'Hitler and Mars Bars' is my first novel.

My official website is: www.dianneasc

News & Interviews

It's been a great summer for book clubs on Goodreads. There's nothing better than talking about books—members have been devouring...