Start by marking “Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)

Dotted Lines

(Runaway #5)

Clara Saint-James is completing a journey started by an old friend. She’ll return a Cadillac to California, a place she’s avoided for more than a decade. But it’s time for closure and to put old ghosts to rest. And it’s time to find out if the feelings she’s cherished for the boy from her past are just fanciful memories—or if there’s a chance they are real.

Timing was never
Published March 2nd 2021 by Devney Perry LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dotted Lines, please sign up.
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨ The romance is a complete standalone but there is an overall story theme that goes through all five books. I'd really recommend reading the previous b…moreThe romance is a complete standalone but there is an overall story theme that goes through all five books. I'd really recommend reading the previous books first. They're all out on audiobooks too. (less)

Start your review of Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
The boy I’d loved before his life had gone one direction and mine had gone the other. And between us streaked those dotted lines.

It was such a bittersweet thing to read this book. I fell so hard for this series and as much as I was anticipating Karson's story, I hated to see it come to an end.
She made me feel like I could move mountains. Like I could swim across the ocean and back.
She was . . . she was my Clara.
Maybe that was why it had been so easy to fall for her,
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g 30547322-SX540-3
'DOTTED LINES' is the fifth book in Devney Perry's 'Runaway' series. It picks up where the fourth book left off. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.' This focuses on Clara Saint-James and Karson Avery.

Although I've only read the previous book in this series (Forsaken trail) I still fell in love with and connected with these characters and their struggles as young teens, living in a junkyard when they had nowhere else to go.

A majority of this book was set in the past, which gave us all the bac
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Massive spoilers ahead

Me reading through arc reviews
Hmmmm this sounds like the best in the series let me try it

Me actually reading the freaking book
😑 now y'all know damn well this is some......

**********
We come to the final book in this series about a group of runaway teens who end up living together at a junk yard. They each have tragic stories of why they ran away and Karson, the only male and original in the junkyard, helps to look out for them. As they turn 18 they all separate and go on wi
Carvanz
This was the most perfect ending for this incredible series!

Clara had had a crush on Karson throughout their time in the junkyard. Her emotional reaction to their time dwindling down to the day they would all be going their own ways had me choking up repeatedly. Within a few pages this author had me engulfed in the story and experiencing all the young heartache that Clara was experiencing.

Image result for white van in junkyard

Although we’ve seen bits and pieces of the kids junkyard lives, we get an ever better look this time around.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'With you? Always' Stars!
ARC provided via Valentine PR in exchange for an honest review.

I am a mess of feelings right now. It’s always hard to say goodbye to characters you have lived with for some time and the Runaway crew will sure be unforgettable to me. The premise of this series and the fact that is written by one of my favorite authors got me hooked from the very beginning and now we sadly have reached the beautiful conclusion. We’ve been waiting for Clara and Karson’s happy ending for
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy
I am so in my feelings right now, I can’t even tell you!

I could feel myself getting more and more invested in this series as it went on. Each couple became my new favorite and my heart seem to open itself wider and wider with each transfer of the magic Cadillac.

But Karson and Clara? I feel downright twitterpated about their love story. I was consumed by it. I stayed up past my bedtime, unable to put the book down, held completely in thrall by the honesty of their emotion and the depth of their l
Radd Reader
3.5 ⭐️

“There, on the face of a man, was the smile from the boy I’d loved. The boy I’d loved before his life had gone one direction and mine had gone the other.
And between us streaked those dotted lines.”

“No amount of exploring the world would ever be as thrilling as the adventure of living life by Clara’s side.
She was the soul on earth I was made to find.”

🔸Synopsis: 🔸
The Story:
Six teenage kids (Karson, Londyn, Gemma, Katherine, Aria & Clara) ran away from home and ended up at a junkyard livi
Syndi
May 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
OK, after reading so many positive reviews on Dotted Lines, I picked up the audiobook. Despite that I do not have excellent experienec with the previous books.

I have to admit, Miss Perry closed this series with a bang. There are a lot of sweet, gentle, swooning scenes in Dotted Lines. There were that sweet connection between Karson and Clara. What I wish is more time exploring the story between these two. This book is too short.

Anyway, a good ending.

4 stars
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

🌼Follow me on Instagram for more edits🌼

“𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝓂𝒶𝓃, 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓎 𝐼’𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓎 𝐼’𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇. 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓊𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓈.”

Final book in this series and Im left with a bittersweet feeling, for once because its the final glimpse in the life of my favourite runaways and on the other hand I’m left with a happy smile on my face from that awesome epilogue.

A love story hard not to fall
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gawd..I've teared up, cried buckets, bawled my eyes out. The sentiment riddled story is the most perfect ending to this spectacularly unique series Devney has produced. She proves once again why she's a force to be reckoned with, in small town romance trope. her handling of these heart touching stories of struggles, survivors and second chances in life, with such delicacy and tenderness is unparalleled
"Londyn had hauled the Cadillac out of the junkyard and had it completely restored. Sh
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Dotted Lines by Devney Perry concludes the Runaway series and what an awesome conclusion. In this emotional and satisfying conclusion, readers get the chance to experience Clara and Karsons’ story. I waited for this story with quiet anticipation, and it didn’t disappoint.

It’s Clara’s turn to ensure the Cadillac reaches its final destination, in the hands of Kar
JESSI ☾
Sep 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
Devney Perry has written some of the best books that I have read over the last couple of years and Dotted Lines was no different. This was the last book of the series, and it absolutely wrecked my heart in the best possible way. Clara & Karson changed the game for the Runaways making the whole story come full circle.

“I was so damn glad to be sitting across from her. And so fucking sad that I’d missed so much when maybe…
Maybe I hadn’t had to miss it.”

Clara Saint-James is taking the last leg
Izzie d
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 08, 2021 rated it liked it
3 Stars
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
WHOA! SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST!! I am not crying at all... sniff sniff :( All good things must come to an end but I really don't want to say goodbye to these characters...

But really I adore ALL of the books in this series. Each and every one of the characters were given such a long overdue, beautiful journey since the time they spent in the junk yard. It’s Clare Saint-James turns to complete the trip started out by Londyn. Clara will take the last trek to finally return the Cadillac to Karson in C
Keri Loves Books
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Epic Journey Comes Full Circle

Incredibly special and unforgettable!!! An epic cross-country journey of six friends and the love they found along the way. Final destination for each was forever love. I am in tears as this story comes full circle and leaves an indelible mark on my heart.

It’s finally time for Clara to get the Cadillac to its intended. Her and her son are taking the final leg of the journey to find Karson.

She finds him in California and he couldn’t be more shocked or happy to se
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, series
[image error]

This is how I felt from the minute I started this book, I was in tears throughout this book.

This was Clara’s story and it was a good one. Clara and August were on their way to California to deliver the infamous car to Karson. From the minute she saw Karson again, she knew that her crush when they were teenagers was so much more. Little did she know that Karson shared the same feelings when they were younger. But does he now? And why does it seem that every time fate brings them tog
Antonella
SERIES: Runaway #5 ( it can be read as standalone but would be better if you read at least the previous book)
GENRE: contemporary romance
TROPES: second chance, single parent
CLIFFHANGER: no
HOTTIE METER: 3🌡
RATING: 3,5 rounded up to 4 ⭐

a cute ending to a lovely series..some books I loved much more than others!!
rounded up because that kid was adorable but the romance was a little bit of a letdown..
AJ
5 stars!

OMG, what a beautiful book! And what an absolutely perfect finish to a series that has completely captured my heart. This book landed on my kindle and I dropped EVERYTHING to read it. I’ve been desperate for Carla and Karson’s story, and it was everything that I was hoping for – a beautifully emotional, sweet and sexy second-chance-romance, and I adored every moment!

Carla and Karson are the final two to have their story told from a group of runaway teens who found a home and family toget
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My heart feels like it’s going to jump out of my chest at the pure joy I feel. I’m a sappy mess and I can’t control the happy tears that have not stopped falling after finishing this amazing book. It’s so bittersweet having to say goodbye to these characters and this world, but what a way for it to end—so perfect.

With every book in this series I had been waiting and wanting to know more about Karson. I needed his full story and when I got it there was no stopping the floodgates from opening. Lif
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.25 Stars

I'm so sad to see this series end. I feel so invested in all these runaway lives and even though we received an epic Epilogue many years later, I would still have loved for more.

Larson and Clara's story was great and the whole book was centered on this build up. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the anticipation...but it just felt that the ending was so rushed.
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

I’ve just finished Dotted Lines, the fifth and final book in Devney Perry’s fantastic Runaway series, and my heart is full, happy and sated. This series had me swooning all the swoons, feeling all the feels and loving each new book even more than I loved the last. This series was inspired by my favorite childhood books, and so I was excited and intrigued when Perry announced it. I went into this series with high expectations, curious to see what she would do with this idea. But her ex
Sophie's Reading Corner
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was the story of Carla and Karson. Two runaways who used to live together in a junkyard, along with other kids. They were six of them and Karson was the only boy, the protective one. They had all left this place and its demons long ago and now Carla is driving the Cadillac back to this place that haunted her. But also back to her first love, Karson. She's not alone in this journey, but she's accompanied by her six year old , August.

This was a beautiful story. It started with the current ti
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
This really was a perfect conclusion to the series!

I’m really glad we finally got a bit about the time they spent at the junkyard! It was nice to see a bit about the before and especially the history between these two.

It was a cute story! And that epilogue😍
Mia
Mar 03, 2021 rated it liked it
This is fifth and final book in runway series, and I really liked this series. Karson and Clara have sweet romance and August is adorable.
Renita McKinney
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing

“Although we’ve come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let go.
It’s unnatural.
You belong to me.
I belong to you” ~ Boys to Men

How do you write a review with tears in your eyes? When you feel as though your heart will explode at any minute? When the words penned by Devney Perry are the solace needed after a hell of a week in Texas?

When I decided to jump in that Cadillac with Devney almost a year ago, I had no idea where I would end up. I just knew I trusted her behind the wheel and wherever th
Courtney
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Dotted Lines is the fifth and final book in the Runaway series and Devney ends it perfectly.

I was really looking forward to this book and Devney did not let me down. Dotted Lines surrounds Clara Saint-James as she takes on the final leg of the journey of driving the Cadillac to the one male friend in their group, Karson Avery.

Clara (along with her sister – previous book) and Karson, were the last three to leave the junkyard. Clara always loved Karson, but never thought he would return those feel
Jenn Amy
Jun 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have loved the Runaway series, since the beginning and it is bittersweet coming to the end of a favourite series. In Dotted Lines Devney Perry closes the series perfectly. Clara and Karson fell in love when they were teenagers and ended up going their separate ways. 12 years later it is Clara’s turn to drive the Cadillac out to Karson in California and maybe get a second chance at love? The first half of the book takes us on the journey of young Clara and Karson as teenagers who fall in love w ...more
Meegz Reads
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-paperback
*5 Stars*

I have absolutely adored this series. Dotted Lines was the perfect way to round out the stories of these runaways and I devoured this in one sitting. I was really hoping that Clara would get a lovely story, and I had my suspicions about Karson from the book before this one.

I liked that we had some of the past in this, as it really helped to shape the story. Clara and August are wonderful characters who brought the pages to life. The whole world created in this series is amazing and I'm
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-arc
D Perry just finished one of my favorite series with a knockout punch! I have been awaiting this final book of the Runaway Series but was also sad to read the last page knowing that this series is now over. But it was just as amazing as I anticipated it would be, and Karson simply surprised me in every way as much as Clara shined.

What I loved about this book is it was equal parts Karson & Clara's lives back in the junkyard and in the present. I loved the insight into their every day life and cha

• The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • The Brazen (Calamity Montana, #3)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • The Kiss (Playboy Pact, #1)
  • Return to Us (Willow Creek Valley #1)
  • The Booty (Calamity Montana, #1.5)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Thy Kingdom Come (Deliver Us From Evil, #1)
  • Love Is In the Air Volume 1
  • Could Have Been Us (Willow Creek Valley #2)
  • Sex. Love. Marriage.
  • Deep Woods
  • Never Got Over You
  • Not the Marrying Kind
  • Spencer: Bomb / Guns (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #3-4)
  • The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob (Bro Code, #4)
  • Wild Wind (Chaos, #6.6)
  • Ford: Slack / Taut (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #1-2)
See top shelves…
Devney is a USA Today bestselling author who lives in Washington with her husband and two sons. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her family. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ...more

Runaway (5 books)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Wild Highway
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)

News & Interviews

Since lockdown days, many of us have given in to sin. Sloth, gluttony, and envy might have sufficed for vice during this time, but there's also...
“Is it really you?”
“It’s me.”
“It’s really you.” A slow smile spread across his face, wider and wider.
It hadn’t changed. There, on the face of a man, was the smile from the boy I’d loved.”
1 likes
Maybe I hadn’t had to miss it.”
0 likes