Start by marking “The B-Side (Perspective #1)” as Want to Read:
The B-Side (Perspective #1)

The B-Side

(Perspective #1)

Will we have our own love song, or will this just be another broken-hearted ballad?

Chance

When I read the roommate wanted ad, I thought my sister was encouraging me to live with an insane person.
Turns out, he isn’t insane, just sexy and one-hundred percent my type. Living with him will be the ultimate test of my self-control.
When the combination of our love of music and
Published August 28th 2020 by KDP (first published July 30th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The B-Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The B-Side

Start your review of The B-Side (Perspective #1)
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been following this book since it’s literal creation. Just a few short lines introduced me to Tyler & Chance and I was both hooked and demanding more.
Chance’s confined heart(aside from his family), his turmoil in being who he really was, his absolutely adorable relationship with his nephews kept me spellbound.
Tyler’s graphic tee choices, his unwillingness to ruin a good friendship, & all of his King Tyler ways stole my whole heart.
Between the two of them, as well as the side characters,
Cassie
This was just the cutest and sweetest read. I adored this book. Tyler is out and proud and just a happy go lucky guy. What you do not see from the outside is how much depth his character actually has. He did not have the happy family who were accepting, but he did have a wonderful aunt who was everything he could have hoped for. She left him a big house that he feels lonely in, so he is on the search for a roommate. Enter Chance who is needing to find a place pronto! Chance's overbearing sister ...more
True Loveislovereview
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, lgbtq
I love me some uncomplicated love stories. This one had a solid build-up, focused on their interactions, no fights, no break-up, not too much drama, there is strong attraction and sexual tension, fun, and a blooming love getting stronger and stronger.

Chance is already head deep with his feelings for Tyler. Chance is honest, kind with no second agenda. You get what you see. and he’s all Tyler sees and wants.

Tyler's new roommate is the most lovable guy, he’s convinced he’s straight. Little does h
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars ⭐️

The B-Side is Indie author B. Harmony’s debut novel and what a way to make an entrance in the contemporary romance world.

If you are a fan of MM, roommates or friends to lovers reads, then this is the book for you. Personally I love reading MM romances and am on the fence about friends to lovers but this book made me change my tune!

Tyler is a punny t-shirt wearing, ray of sunshine, on the outside. On the inside, he is beautifully broken. Emotionally and psychologically abandoned by
Charlotte
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
The B-side is my introduction to B. Harmony. This book is a gay romance novel about two men who end up roommates after a quirky Craigslist ad brings them together.

The novel begins with Chance finding out that his landlords want him to move out because they've found someone who will pay more rent. He's just come out as bisexual and his sister finds a cute and quirky ad for a roommate! The fellow who ran the ad is gay and sounds great and Chance's sister thinks that it will be a great way for him
Tammy Jones
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me at graphic tees! Nothing cracks me up more than witty graphic t-shirts. The characters also had internal drama that added to the complexity of the story. Tyler is an external bundle of joy but deep down he has abandonment issues and still hasn't come to terms with the death of his beloved Aunt. Chance has had to deal with tragic loss in his past and has also decided that he is ready to explore his bisexual status. The sexual tension between these two is fantastic. As Chance and ...more
Amy
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has all the feels! I read an ARC of this book and I don't regret it at all. I think this is a debut too. Oh my gosh this book was good. Any book that can make me laugh and cry and then laugh again is one to reread in my opinion. Chance is looking for a place to rent. He is bi but has never explored that part of his identity before. The ad he answers for a roommate belongs to a VERY loud and proud man who makes no secret of his gay status. I loved the music references running through th ...more
Shana
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The B Side is an amazing story! The character building was perfect. Both Tyler & Chance felt like real people with depth, fears, wants & love to give. Their roommates to friends to lovers story had me so happy.

The characters really fit the slow burn and low angst of this story. Even the side characters were perfect. The story building, plot points & foreshadowing were all done exceptionally as well.

This is a sweet story with the best HEA for the characters. I am really looking forward to readi
V. Domino
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc for an honest review. •
So I was finally able to sit and read The B Side by B. Harmony and I do not regret it.
TBS is Harmony’s debut and she did fabulous. The world building is smooth and detailed to perfection. The character building was epic. I felt like I knew Chance. I don’t want o give anything away but Chance is new to the community and he wants to explore what he desires whereas Tyler is a long time resident, so to speak. (When you read it you’ll understand)
The way thes
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a sweet roommates to lovers romance. The sexual tension between Chance and Tyler is so good it’s almost unbearable and both men are fabulous.

Both Chance and Tyler are almost too good to be true. As a dedicated teacher and devoted uncle, Chance is toothache inducingly sweet. Tyler is larger than life and full of defiant attitude but he’s also slightly reclusive and much more vulnerable than he first appears. The two men
Joyfully Jay
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

This is a dual-narrated story, so we get insight into both Tyler’s and Chance’s thoughts and motivations. I generally like these stories, especially when the biggest obstacle to connection is a person’s fears of rejection. In this case, however, the repetition of scenes and experiences slowed the pace for me. It’s always nice to get internal insights, but I wanted to stay with the plot, not rewind. Beyond that, the characters are fun and engaging. Their mutual lo
Samantha Turbyfill
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
oh man I love Tyler and Chance. ⁣
⁣⁣
Chance is a middle school math teacher who is a hottie figuring out his bi identity. He unexpectedly needs to find a place to stay. And his adorable sister sends an app to Tyler who needs a roommate. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Tyler is a fun charismatic guy who hides a lot of pain and heartache. When that door opens these two are both secretly smitten! It is so cute watching them figure out things out and battle their attraction. Tyler I’m with you a guy in glasses and sweatpants is
Audrey Pott
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chance has his sister Ella and her adorable sons, Hudson & Mason as their parents died. Tyler came out to his parents as a teenager unfortunately they refused to speak to him, a year later his Aunt Dee rescued him and he has a best friend in Del.

Slow burn romance, but you don’t notice as the pages flow, well developed characters, so much happening and misconceptions, if only Chance and Tyler talked, then finally an explosive come together. I loved Chance and Tyler, during the storyline you find
Scooby2
Aug 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading “The B-Side” and getting to know Chance and Tyler. They were adorable together and I loved Tyler’s graphic tee’s. This was a roommates to friends to lovers story with very little angst, that can be read in an afternoon. I loved how we get both Chance and Tyler’s point of views, how they communicated with one another, and had each others backs. If you’re looking for a fast, sweet low angst friends to lovers story, give this one a try.

I give this story 3 stars.

I received an arc f
Lelyana's Reviews
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, mm, arc
The B-Side was a nice story, adorable room-mates to lover. This story has a lot of potential to be a great read. But I'm not too keen of too much telling writing style. That ended with me skimming some parts of this book that I don't think necessary.
I got bored easily reading this kind of writing.
But overall, the story itself has potential, especially when it come to the little boys who called Tyler, "King Tyler".
I wanted to like this one more, but I can only gave it three stars. I like it, but
Angie
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

This was a sweet, low angst friends to lovers book. Tyler and Chance are so good together. The pun t-shirts made me laugh every single time! The chemistry is off the charts but they both hold back to make this a slower burn story. There's not much drama until the later part of the book. Tyler and Chance are super sweet guys that you can't help but root for.
Coline Peterson
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my loved this book, my first by B Harmony but definitely not my last. I was looking for a love story with lots of feels when I found this one, and I wasn't dissapointed. From the first page to the last I loved getting to know Chance and Tyler, watching their love bloom into a possible forever romance was so wonderful, I really enjoyed this fast reading well written book. ...more
Sharing The Book Love
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Debut author! Chase and Tyler have insta connection feels but both fight it for different reasons! After time and realisation that both their reasons are not really roadblocks at all, HEA. This has laughter, some cool music and the shirts made me giggle!
Bobbi
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The B-Side, Perspective book one by B. Harmony. This is a fantastic first book in a series! The author is new but you couldn’t tell it by this story. It’s fantastic! I can’t wait to read more by this author! Love the characters! Chance & Tyler are fantastic together. The storyline is excellent! Loved reading this book!
Lori
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I've recently gotten into the M/M genre and my friend is a friend of this author. She recommended B. Harmony to me and the rest is a match made in heaven. :) I don't want to get into the book too much and spoil it for others; however, I do want to say how well B. Harmony has set the stage for her characters. She fills them out so completely that you are literally cheering for a happy ending from the beginning. I don't know who I liked more Tyler or Chance. I think I have to sa ...more
Marley Valentine
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The B-Side is B Harmony's debut and a perfect introduction to her writing and the world she's created. Filled with heat and heart, the story of Chance and Tyler will have you smiling and swooning all the way through.

Lyndsay TC
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! Chance and Tyler captured me from the beginning with Tyler's funny roommate ad and Chance's sister responding to it. This whole world was fun and focused on family bonds and love. This definitely goes on my recommendation list from now on. ...more
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a charming read. I loved the feel of the writing and how Chance and Tyler were obviously each other's perfect fit. It was hard not to like them both. Chance is such a good guy, and Tyler is this out and proud gay man who will not let anyone dismiss his worth anymore, especially his homophobic parents.

Then we have Chance. Oh Chance. What a guy. He is finally allowing himself to explore his bisexuality when he is prompted to move and find a roommate at such short notice (thanks to his pr
Valerie
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet read with two characters that are fully developed and have great chemistry together. The blurb had me wanting to read this and I wasn't disappointed. Chance and Tyler are original characters who grow with each other as the fall in love. The secondary characters are great, too! But I couldn't put the book down from the moment the two men meet! I highly recommend this read!! ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
The B- Side is a fun roommate romance by B Harmony. The first book in the Perspective series, this one is a delightful, low angst read.

First of all, it's sweet with some fun humor, starting off with Tyler's adorable, yet brutally honest roommate ad and builds from there. The character voice of Chase drew me in from the start as he expertly tells us what he's feeling.

Chance and Tyler are great together. Upon becoming new roommates, they naturally become friends and things develop easily from the
WycEd Reader
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it

Check out our full post for THE B-SIDE on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Sarah – ☆☆☆☆
This is a sweet roommates-to-lovers romance. The sexual tension between Chance and Tyler is so good it’s almost unbearable and both men are fabulous.

Both Chance and Tyler are almost too good to be true. As a dedicated teacher and devoted uncle, Chance is toothache inducingly sweet. Tyler is larger than life and full of defiant attitude, but he’s also slightly reclusive and much more vulner
Xanthe
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good roommate romance and both men have enough going on separately to make it hard for them to consider being together, their own heads getting in the way mostly!
Tyler is fun to read though he's obviously hurting inside with the recent passing of his beloved aunt and the abandonment of his parents. He's instantly attracted to Chance when he turns up at Tyler's door answering an ad for a roommate but puts him in to no go zone as they will be living together and he assumes the other man i
Miss Blattsalat
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, sweet-mm, fun-mm
„I already know that we have chemistry. Our kiss nearly burned the kitchen to the ground. That´s not what I´m afraid of. I´m afraid of risking my heart to the unknown. It´s been damaged so many times before, the frail pieces held together with nothing more than tape.“

What an absolutely lovely story this was to read.
This is a sweet, fluffy, slow burn, roommate-to-lovers story.

Meet Tyler, the gay and oh so cute and funny, music-loving nerd with his love for graphic t-shirts (I loved the most „I k
Amy Stauffer
Doesn’t everyone find their roommates on Craigslist?

After receiving an eviction notice (owners sold his rental), Chance is desperate for a new place fast, and his sister, Ella, found him one. She might also have found an opportunity to play matchmaker. Having come out to Ella as bisexual, she sees the quirky advertiser’s sexuality being included in the ad as a perk. This is his year to pursue men. Voila, here’s a man, and what an adorable man he is!

Tyler doesn’t like living in his house by himse
RACHEL REED
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑒 𝑔𝑎𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑙 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒. 𝑌𝑒𝑠, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡, 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑔𝑎𝑦. 𝑁𝑜, 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟, 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒. 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔—𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤.

It all began with a crazy Craigslist ad!
All Chance wanted was to not be homeless and find a decent place to live. When his sister finds a roommate wanted ad on Craigslist, Chance
doesn't know what to expect from the crazy ad or his to be roommate.
But what he didn't expect was to be transported to a 1950's styled adorable Cape Cod house accompanie
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • Grumpy Bear (Bear Camp, #1)
  • Not So Sincerely, Yours (For Him, #2)
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Mr. Uptight
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • The Boy Who Loved Wicked
  • Geek Tattoo (Geek Ink, #1)
  • The Experiment
  • Strawberry Kisses (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Schooling the Jock (Nerds vs Jocks, #1)
  • Angels in the City
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Laying Pipe (Blue Collar Hearts #1)
  • Catch Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #4)
  • Bossy
  • Naughty & Nice (Love Notes, #2)
Bree Harmony, or B. Harmony is an MM romance author with a penchant for writing about boys who kiss boys, hard rock and a little bit of headbanging. Pretty obvious with the last name Harmony, right?

With survival instincts fueled by iced coffee and far too many swear words to rival any sailor, B. Harmony somehow manages to produce (mostly sweet) contemporary MM romance, with plenty of steam.

Perspective (3 books)
  • Paper Airplanes (Perspective #2)
  • Smoke Signals (Perspective #3)