Start by marking “Enthrallment (Enthrallment, #1)” as Want to Read:
Enthrallment (Enthrallment, #1)

Enthrallment (Enthrallment, #1)

Zara's peaceful small-town life is rocked when a mysterious new neighbor moves in. She quickly gets trapped in an intense obsession for the elusive Dorian. As they interact, not only does Zara start to feel inexplicably addicted to his presence, but also becomes certain that Dorian and his cousin, Rita, have a closely guarded secret, and their move to Keizer wasn't a coinc ...more
Paperback, 1, 344 pages
Published August 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Enthrallment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enthrallment

Start your review of Enthrallment (Enthrallment, #1)
K.T. Egan
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an Advanced Readers Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I’m a big sucker for a good young adult romance – I have always been, and I will probably always be so. That being said, I don’t know if I’ve read a young adult romance that’s even remotely similar to Enthrallment. In the best way possible.

The book starts off very unassuming with an introduction to the main character, Zara, and her chaotic daily schedule. Within the first fifty pages, however, the reader is thro
Kelsey Renae
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***An eArc provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

My overall thoughts and impressions of Enthrallment are that this book is an intriguing and promising beginning start. The author cleverly builds a world that is full of questions and romance. After finishing this novel I was left in awe because of the many unexpected twists this story took. This is not a traditional tale because you are never quite sure of who to trust and many answers are not given easily or
Janice Lombardo
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zara is a 3rd year Uni student working part time at Walgreens. Also, Zara is a fan of horror flicks. Living with her Aunt, Cynthia, and her cousin, Maddie, Zara lives quite the normal life - except for her nightmares.

A couple (Dorian and Rita) move in to the house adjoining that of Zara & family. They are in their late 20's / early 30's .

One day, Zara is locked out of her house (forgot her keys) and Dorian is outside lounging on his porch. He invites her over for a chat. She becomes extremely,
Emma O'Connell
My favourite thing about this book is how it really explores the realities of being bewitched (or should I say enthralled? ...heh) by a supernatural creature. Zara, who is a funny, determined, occasionally truly idiotic, and slightly bratty (but I loved her for it) heroine, grapples with the knowledge that she is only drawn towards Dorian because of who he is - how can you really love someone when you know they're designed to attract you to them? (A question Twilight never really answered, imo.. ...more
Zoe
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story it kept me on my toes from the beginning, and what I loved the most is that the plot unveiled as I read, I couldn’t fully put my finger on what was going on until things happened, and that’s one of the things that I loved the most that even when I tried I still couldn’t fully guess where this story was going so things were a mystery but also a surprise.
I liked most characters to different degrees but Zara was my favorite character of this whole book with her graces and her fl
Krzysztof Zdrzalka
When I was reading the book, I had the impression that I was in the hands of an experienced writer who had the novel's plot well in hand and was adroit at presenting her characters and moving them forward. I was hooked: What the hell was going on? What were Dorian and Rita up to and how was it going to involve our spunky protagonist? This was good, solid writing that I enjoyed reading.

The plot is very tight and believable, within the rules the author has set up for this version of reality. A lot
Lynelle Barrett
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A solid debut novel with an intriguing premise, Enthrallment kicks off the start of what appears to be a promising series! Though I can't delve into much without giving too much away, Zara is immediately drawn to her mysterious new neighbor -- just being close to Dorian brings her both a thrill and physical pain, and she finds herself unable to stay away from him. This intrigue, however, may lead to something far darker. If you're a fan of romance, the paranormal, and a bit of action, this is de ...more
Heather Bane
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. I loved the characters and the story. The author did a great job on this story and really pulling you into the story. I didn’t want to put this book down. I also loved the book cover as well. I would definitely recommend reading.

Estelle Tudor
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This enthralling book absolutely gripped me from the start. Zara is inexplicably drawn to her new, mysterious neighbour and slowly learns that he is hiding something. I love how romance is intertwined with the paranormal aspect to create a well paced plot that will keep you guessing until the end. I cannot wait to read the next instalment by this fab debut author.
Bethany Votaw
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an Arc in exchange for an honest review.

4.5/5 First off, this was a solid start of a series, the world is not what it seems and Zara is determined to figure out why. The cast of characters was dynamic and the plot constantly grew. I think readers of YA will particularly enjoy this!
Margaret Moon
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review. First of all let me say that I don't normally read books like this so it was way outside my normal reading experience. Having said that, I found it a really fun and fast-paced book. The main character is very likeable, so if you enjoy a little bit of romance combined with paranormal aspects, you will probably enjoy this debut novel very much.
Cosima demaglie
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always I enjoyed the book This one was a nice surprise. I thought it was beautifully written. The attention to detail, was great. The twists and turns this story took were unexpected and kept me on the edge of my seat. I never expected the outcome!
Lyndsey Gallagher
This book was not what I expected, it was even better. Meg has done a fabulous job of pulling the reader into this dynamic and enthralling (excuse the pun) story. It's well written, engaging and intriguing. I literally cannot wait for the next instalment.
Witch-at-Heart
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my fist book by this author and I really enjoyed it! This book was well written and kept me on the edge of my seat! The ending wowI did not see that coming and I am so glad I gave this book a chance!

I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
Ashley Weston
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a thrilling and gripping story of love and obsession, passion and deceit. It’s very well written. I’m so happy for Meg Evans! She’s amazing!
Sarah Wendt
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free ARC in return for an honest review. I’m a sucker for paranormal romance and so I was eager to read this one! The present-tense of the story jarred me at first, but I soon got used to it, and then I was sucked into the story—wanting to understand what was going on so much that before I knew it, it was over. The story balances on the uncomfortable knife edge of constant intrigue because there are more questions than answers, without descending into the too-many-questions territor ...more
Sarah Sutton
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an Arc in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn't sure what to expect going into this novel, but I was immediately wrapped up in the story. As Zara gets closer to Dorian and his cousin, things start to take a paranormal twist as Zara realizes something's not quite right.

I'm such a sucker for a mysterious next-door neighbor, so when Dorian was introduced, I was all about it! I was completely enthralled (it's okay, I cringed at that play on words, too) and cannot WAIT for book two!
Pree (Sassybooksquirrel)
* I recieved an Advance Reader's copy in exchange for an honest review *

Synopsis:
This book is about a young girl called Zara who lives with her aunt and cousin in Keizer, after her parents pass away. She soon gets attracted to her new neighbour Dorian, who also lives with his cousin Rita. Ever since she met Dorian she experiences a lot of strange things happening around her including hallucinations and hearing voices. They both have a secret kept away from Zara, one that is grave and haunting.
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Shiny  Jain
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
💌Enthrallment: (Enthrallment Series Book 1) by Meg Evans is an engaging story which will keep you interested till the end.

💌The story circles around a small town girl named Zara who gets attracted ho her new neighbour Dorian. During the course of this time, when her interaction with Dorian and the cousin Rita grew, she finds out their hidden secret of moving in to her city and that's where the story took a twisting turn. The story will share the Zara's attempts to find out what are the hidden sec
Claire Wilkins
Dorian and Rita have just moved next door. At first she and her best friend think they are lovers, but discovers instead that they are cousins. Zara is living with her Aunt Cynthia and cousin Maddie since an early age. Dorian is very attractive and she and her best best friend gossip about him.
Zara is drawn to Dorian but doesn’t know why. One day she falls off her bicycle and Dorian finds her and takes her home. Dorian is a strange person, but the more he fends her off the more she becomes obses
Shauna
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Don't read this book unless you're willing to commit to the series. It ends on a cliffhanger and at the end I still had no idea what was happening and all of the unanswered questions just left me frustrated. I didn't care about any of the characters and wasn't sure what I was supposed to feel about them. I didn't love them or hate them; they were all just annoying. Zara was irritating, petulant and immature. I had to keep reminding myself that these people were adults, otherwise I would think th ...more
Aug 03, 2020
Jul 06, 2020

• Emma
  • Melita
  • Hungry Hearts
  • The Hollow Gods (The Chaos Cycle Duology, #1)
  • Spoiler Alert (Spoiler Alert #1)
  • The Haunting of Beatrix Greene: Vol. 1
  • Shadows of the Dead (Special Tracking Unit #3)
  • The Haunted (The Haunted, #1)
  • Chasing Flavor: Tastes and Techniques for Full-Flavored Cooking
  • The Art of Training Your Dog: How to Gently Teach Good Behavior Using an E-Collar
  • The Book on Pie: Everything You Need to Know to Bake Perfect Pies
  • Deadbreak
  • Boots in the Ashes: Busting Bombers, Arsonists and Outlaws as a Trailblazing Female ATF Agent
  • Creative Woodburning: Projects, Patterns and Instruction to Get Crafty with Pyrography
  • Modern Cast Iron: The Complete Guide to Selecting, Seasoning, Cooking, and More
  • Learn to Make Amazing Resin & Epoxy Clay Jewelry: Basic Step-By-Step Projects for Beginners
  • The Wood Burn Book: An Essential Guide to the Art of Pyrography
  • Big Kibble: The Hidden Dangers of the Pet Food Industry and How to Do Better by Our Dogs

Meg Evans is a certified health coach passionate about wellness. Although she’s a hardcore gym rat, she likes slowing down and getting absorbed in a riveting page-turner. Meg is the author of Enthrallment, her debut paranormal romance, and the first book in the Enthrallment series.

When not writing, Meg enjoys a good conversation over a soy latte, and laughing until her face hurts with her friends

News & Interviews