Start by marking “Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 1 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #1)” as Want to Read:

Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 1 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth #1)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  138 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Momoko is the only child of the Kuzuryuu clan, a powerful martial arts family with inhuman strength. But strong as she is, her father fears a woman will never be able to master the skills of the family. Unless Momoko marries and bears a capable heir, the Kuzuryuu line is doomed to weaken and die off! With this mission in mind, Momoko is sent to the rival Inuzuka clan, wher ...more
Published May 12th 2009 by Yen Press (first published May 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sumomomo, Momomo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sumomomo, Momomo

Len
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series is great fun to read. Love the interaction between the main character and all the martial artists, LOL. The romantic comedy side of this series is also really well done. A must read for shonen manga fans.
Kaz
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this mainly because it was so funny, but also because it was so different from your typical shonen manga, whilst at the same time not. The main character is the son of a larger than life martial artist and supposed to inherit his father's position as leader of the clan. He however is about as far removed from a typical shonen manga hero as you can get and is much more interested in being a lawyer than in training or anything to do with the world of martial arts. When his normal school li ...more
Helen
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library, 2017
originally on HellyReads

I've never read a manga book before, but I saw a couple in my local library that were volume 1 of a series so I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't particularly impressed.

It looked gorgeous - I will admit that, but this story was just really weird. There were only 2 female characters, lots of sexual innuendo, and lots of really odd goings on.

I'm pretty sure things will make sense further on into the series, but I don't think I will be finding out. It just didn't do anythi
Katiana
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Momoko is the only child of the kuzuryuu clan, a powerful martial arts familywith inhuman strength. But as she is, her father fears a woan will never be able to master the skills of the family. Unless Momokomarries and bears the skills of a capableheir, the Kuzuryuu line is doomed to weaken and die off! With this mission in mind, Momoko is sent to rival Inuzuka clan, where she is ment to marry the son of their mighty leader. But Koushi Inuzuka abandoned the martial arts long ago. Now commited to ...more
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I don't know how I made it through.
Sebastien
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
J'ai pris un gros risque avec cette série, elle me tentait beaucoup mais en même temps j'avais peur de tomber sur un mauvais manga. Je l'ai feuilleté, je les pris dans mes mains, j'y ai réfléchie, j'ai attendu et éventuellement une fille m'a vendu la série 60$, donc j'ai pas pu résister. J'avais envis d'un manga à l’humour barré, un peu con mais bien monté. Comme Kurokawa est une maison d’édition qui se respecte, j’ai décidé d’embarquer. Pour vous dire, malgré ses 3 étoiles, j’ai beaucoup appréc ...more
Shadowjac
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: seinen
I do not appreciate lolicon in my comedy series, so this isn't my taste, but if you can look past naked girls who appear to be 12 this series might suit you.
Sam
May 24, 2010 rated it liked it
nemu buku ini pas lg browsing manga online,
ceritanya agak aneh, ttg martial arts and there is this young gurl that wants to improve her strength -- the way to do that is by marrying a powerful guy. Singkat cerita sejak kecil dia sudah dijodohkan oleh anak kawan baik sang ayah.

Dimulailah kisah perjuangan Momo meyakinkan Koushi untuk menerimanya menjadi istri, sumpe ketawa abs liat gaya si cewek mungil lugu dg kekuatan super naga andalannya :D
Tawnie
Sep 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-romance
A very silly very strong girl is determined to marry a very bookish boy. Overall it is pretty typical for it's genre, but one that should appeal to both girls and boys. Momoko is very likable, if a bit of an idiot. That said, it is easy to see why Koushi will likely fall for her. Could continue to be enjoyable as long as it doesn't go too long.
Jeremy
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: shonen manga fans
This is a funny and interesting series with some really great characters. If you enjoy over the top martial arts manga, comedy and romance then you'll love this series.
Fiore777
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable in the weirdness of it all.
David Wardrop
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The most sitcomy Manga I have ever read. funny in places a little disturbing in places depending on the age and age difference of the two main characters.
Heather
Mar 09, 2017
usagi ☆ミ
May 10, 2009
Darsana
rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2017
Gfenius
May 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Alive: The Final Evolution, Volume 1
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #2)
  • Blood Alone, Volume 1
  • MPD Psycho, Volume 7
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 8 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #8)
  • Platinum Garden, Volume 1
  • Abara, Part 1
  • ダウト 2 (Doubt, #2)
  • Liar Game, Volume 6 (Liar Game, #6)
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Cotton Drifting Arc, Vol. 2
  • Wasteland: The Apocalyptic Edition, Volume 1
Shinobu Ohtaka (大高 忍, born May 9, 1983 Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for the creation of the manga series Sumomomo Momomo and more recently, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.
More about Shinobu Ohtaka

Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 2 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #2)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 3 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #3)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 4 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #4)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 5 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #5)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 6 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #6)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo, Tome 7
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 8 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #8)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 9 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #9)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 10 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #10)
  • Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, Vol. 11 (Sumomomo, Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth, #11)