Start by marking “The Mystery of Mrs. Christie” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Mrs. Christie

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie

AN INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER!

Marie Benedict, the beloved New York Times bestselling author of The Only Woman in the Room, uncovers the untold story of Agatha Christie’s mysterious eleven day disappearance.

In December 1926, Agatha Christie goes missing. Investigators find her empty car on the edge of a deep, gloomy pond, the only clues some tire tracks nearby and a
Published December 29th 2020 by Sourcebooks Landmark

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Mrs. Christie, please sign up.
Shirley I think that she gave him instructions about how to act and when/where to meet her. She would have exposed his adultery as a causes for murdering her.

Start your review of The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
daph pink ♡
Buddy read with my kindred spirit Zuzu ❤️

"Only by following my directions at each crossroads in this journey will the story end well for us all."

2*gone girl gone sooooo wrong* stars!

I’m writing a real unpopular review right now! After falling in love with this spectacular cover and being intrigued with the promising plot I was sold! I was definitely ready to go blind but in the middle of somewhere I was lost. I was cursing myself like how am i not liking a book written about Agatha
Javier
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t care if it’s written by her, inspired by her or her most famous characters, with her as the main character in the story (see Andrew Wilson’s series) or it’s just her name on the title. I will read anything Agatha Christie. It’s not for nothing that she’s my favorite writer ever.

The mystery the title of this books refers to is her much talked about disappearance during 11 days in December 1926, which unleashed an unprecedented manhunt to find her. When she reappeared she claimed amnesia,
Miranda Reads
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

September Tier List Video is up! Check it out for all my September reads!
The Written Review
description

But really, how dangerous could one dance be?
Agatha Christie was a young woman when she met, fell in love with and eventually married Archibald Christie. It was a whirlwind magical romance and Agatha was over the moon.
"You've got to marry me, Agatha. You simply must."
And, at first, her marriage went along beautifully...but as the months go by, Archibald began acting more...and more...
Lori
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Today, we start planning the largest manhunt England has ever seen’.

I must admit that I’ve never read an Agatha Christie novel, however, the prospect of solving the mysterious disappearance of a famous mystery writer was too temping to pass up. And I thought it fitting after finishing up Anthony Horowitz’s ‘Moonflower Murders’. This was an intricately woven mystery that stays right in the footprints of what Christie is best known for. Cleverly laid clues meant to lead the reader through a maze
"Avonna
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

THE MYSTERY OF MRS. CHRISTIE by Marie Benedict is a historical fiction book based around the famous author’s eleven day disappearance in December of 1926. I have loved Agatha Christie mysteries since I was first introduced to and read about the brilliant Hercule Poirot when I was just thirteen years old. There was not a doubt after reading and watching anything related to Agatha Christie that I would be reading this book and I can
Dana
Shelves: review-copies
My very first Marie Benedict and definitely won't be my last. Wow!! I flew through this book!

The Mystery Of Mrs. Christie was fascinating and so well written. I very much enjoyed the structure of this book and was completely immersed in the story. I loved learning more about Agatha Christie and her rise to becoming a famous mystery writer. So cool!

The timeline alternates between Agatha Christie, before her disappearance and her husband Archie (Archibald), after her disappearance. The story revo
Jayme
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it

Thank you to Edelweiss and Sourcebooks Landmark for the ARC of The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict. I am a huge fan of Agatha Christie mysteries and enjoyed reading more about her personal life.

Agatha Christie has disappeared! Colonel Archibald Christie learns that his wife has gone missing, and an investigation into her whereabouts is imminent. When the police and investigators come up empty handed, questions surrounding the colonel’s involvement come into question. Where has Mrs. Ch
Gary
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read all the Agatha Christie novels and always enjoyed anything relating to her so this book was always going to interest me. In December 1926, Agatha Christie went missing, causing a real life mystery. Investigators found an empty car on the edge of a pond with tire marks close by and her fur coat left in the car. Her disappearance a mystery and her husband and daughter were clueless to her whereabouts. A manhunt was launched only for Agatha Christie to reappear eleven days later claimin ...more
Ashley
Dec 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Doctor Who has already told us what happened to Ms. Christie during her missing days. It was a Vespiform. But I am willing to hear Marie Benedict's version also.

Heidi
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Ever since reading Agatha Christie’s autobiography as a teen, after having binge-read my way through all her books, I have been intrigued by the real life mystery surrounding her ten-day disappearance in 1926, a secret she has taken to the grave with her. I was therefore very excited to read Marie Benedict’s interpretation of what could have happened, and I must say that I liked this version very much!

The handsome and yet stiff-upper-lip arrogant Archibald Christie did little to endear himself t
Darla
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A spectacular mystery about a puzzling episode in the life of the revered Agatha Christie. It is December, 1926. Agatha and her husband are spending a weekend apart and she simply vanishes. Marie Benedict takes us back in time to the moment of their first meeting and then forward to the present crisis. A second timeline covers the search from Archibald Christie's perspective, beginning with a letter that Agatha left him. What is the truth behind her disappearance? Was there foul play after the f ...more
Milena
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
In 1926 Agatha Christie disappeared for eleven days, and when she finally reappeared, she claimed that she had amnesia. The Mystery of Mrs. Christie is Marie Benedict's imagination of what happened to the famous author in those eleven days. In Benedict's interpretation, this is not an uncommon story of a talented woman held back by a mediocre husband who doesn't support his wife's ambitions or her success.

The book's narrative switches between two timelines: the events that led to the disappeara
Camille Maio
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Marie Benedict. Agatha Christie is my very favorite author, so I was excited to read this take on the mystery behind her eleven day disappearance. Benedict chose to capitalize on Christie's incredible puzzling skills to craft a believable tale that, in the absence of the real story, makes it easy to believe this one. Can't wait to see what this author has up her sleeve next! ...more
Celia
If you have read any of Agatha Christie's novels, love historical fiction or love a good mystery, YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK.

Even if you have not read a Christie, you certainly have heard of her. But how many of you know that she was missing for 11 days in December of 1926? Benedict has surmised a story line behind that disappearance and done a superb job.

The story is written in two time lines. The first: Agatha from about the age of 16 when she meets Archibald Christie, marries him and starts her
Maria
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
Thank you Source Books for the review copy in exchange of an honest review!

Honestly, I had such HIGH hopes for this book, I really did. The cover is beautiful, and the synopsis sounded like just the perfect historical fiction / mystery novel I needed! Unfortunately, the writing style and short chapters that take place between past and present really just work as seamlessly as I would’ve hoped.

If you’re a huge fan of Agatha Christie, then you won’t have any problem with a couple of books being
Susan Johnson
Shelves: net-galley
Agatha Christie, queen of the mystery novelists, really did disappear for 11 days and it has never been revealed what really happened in that time. There has been a lot of speculation and I just heard from a Goodreads friend that there was a Dr. Who episode on it. Everyone wants to know what happened and, of course, we'll never really know since Christie died without revealing her secret. This is the author's idea on what happened.

It is told in two parts. The first is the courtship of the Chris
Cheryl S (book_boss_12)
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-wins
A must read for historical fiction lovers and Agatha Christie fans.
Let me began by stating I have never read an Agatha Christie novel nor knew much about her. I am now flat out obsessed with this story!
This novel by Marie Benedict due for release on January 12, 2021 was clever and such a fantastic read!! I loved that the reader was kept in the dark as to the direction this was heading for sooo long. It made it hard to put down.
Agatha goes missing for 11 days and is found in a hotel using the na
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
In 1926 Agatha Christie went missing for 11 days. Then she reappears, claiming amnesia, with no explanation of what happened. This is about the mystery of those 11 days. Did her unfaithful husband have anything to do with it? What was he not telling investigators?

This was a fun book to read! I live Maries fictional account of what happened, I can tell she has done her research on this story. There are two alternating timelines in this book. One during the time that Agatha was missing and also b
Erika Robuck
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Twisty, intricate, and enthralling, THE MYSTERY OF MRS CHRISTIE, is not only an excellent page turner but a fitting tribute to its subject, Agatha Christie. Benedict masterfully weaves two time periods, allowing them to collide in a brilliant and empowering way. Highly recommended for fans of historical fiction and suspense.
Natalie
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was absolutely engaged by this book. It is well written and retells the story of the disappearance of Agatha Christie that became infamous and forever connected with her name.

I understood her motives for plotting this disappearance after learning that her husband was abandoning her for another woman. Every woman who reads this will understand her rage at both his perfidy and insistence at protecting his mistress, at the risk of Agatha ruining her own reputation.

His lack of respect for her ge
Marisa
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best things about historical fiction is that you want to learn more about the subject. Marie Benedict brought Agatha Christie to life for me. I loved this story and was fully invested in finding her and wow the twists!
Zoe
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Immersive, mysterious, and intriguing!

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie is a captivating, colourful interpretation that sweeps you away to England in the early 1900s and into the life of Agatha Christie, from her courtship by Lieutenant Christie to wifehood, motherhood, authorship, and the subsequent investigation into the unaccountable eleven days in 1926 that she was missing.

The prose is eloquent and expressive. The characters are well-drawn, complex, and authentic. And the plot, alternating betwee
Trish
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Did you know Agatha Christie actually went missing for 11 days in 1926?! Whether you knew that or not, you’re in for a real treat with this book! The real story claimed by Mrs. Christie herself, is that she had amnesia and had no idea what happened to her. There are several theories, though. The Mystery of Mrs. Christie is Marie Benedict’s take on the disappearance.

I am a huge fan of Agatha Christie, and always have been, so I jumped on this book immediately! I absolutely loved it! I don’t want
Linda Zagon
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Linda’s Book Obsession Reviews “The Mystery of Mrs. Christie” by Marie Benedict, Source Books Landing, 12/29/20

Wow! Marie Benedict, the author of “The Mystery of Mrs. Christie” has written an intriguing, captivating, and thought-provoking novel. The genres for this novel are historical fiction and fiction, with some mystery and suspense. The timeline for this story is around December 1926, when Agatha Christie really went missing for eleven days, and also goes to the past when it pertains to the
KC
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Famed mystery writer, Agatha Christie, disappears in December of 1929, and then remarkably returns eleven days later to her husband and young daughter. Amnesia was her excuse for not contacting her family, but like in all Christie's novels, nothing is what it seems. Marie Benedict plunges deep into one of the biggest mysteries of the 20th century. For those who enjoy Paula McLain and Fiona Davis. ...more
Jo Beth
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an EARC from the publisher.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, which intelligently gives us one reason why
Agatha Christie disappeared for a short while all those years ago. And it’s a very good one. Ms. Benedict really did her research proud in coming up with this solution. I don’t dare say more, but if you’re an Agatha Christie fan you must read this book!
Robin
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Great fictional account of Agatha Christie's 11-day disappearance. Benedict does a fabulous job of fleshing out the when, why, and how she did it along with a few twists along the way.

More thorough review to come.

Thanks to the publisher for the advance digital reading copy.
Kristin (Always With a Book)
Thank you Sourcebooks Landmark for the gifted copy.

Marie Benedict is an author I have come to love. This is the second book I've read of hers and she is now a must-read author. I love how meticulously researched and well-written her books are and this latest one is just brilliantly crafted.

I admit that I am late to the Agatha Christie party, but after reading this book, you can be sure that I will definitely be making a point of reading ALL her books. Who knew just how clever and fascinating a w
Janet
When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are continuing to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. And it is way too hot to go outside, so why not sit in from of the blasting a/c and read and review books?? BTW - stay home and save lives!!!!!!!! No tan is worth dying for.

I requested and re
Wendy
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a die-hard fan of Agatha Christie, this historical mystery about the author herself going missing and reappearing with amnesia was a total hit for me. Realistic, well-written and absolutely thrilling.

I'm afraid to drop any hints beyond this general picture because I'm afraid of killing it for everyone with spoilers, but let's just say that Agatha's husband WAS KEY to the plot! I can't say anything more. But this story had me totally hooked, and I did not expect any of the twists in the slight
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Where the Lost Wander
  • Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
  • Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
  • Sex and Vanity
  • The Night Swim
  • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
  • Rodham
  • Necessary People
  • The Eulogist
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Siri, Who Am I?
  • The Woman Who Fell from Grace (Stewart Hoag, #4)
  • Brontë’s Mistress
  • Conjure Women
  • Catherine House
  • The Man Who Would Be F. Scott Fitzgerald (Stewart Hoag, #3)
  • The Marine Corpse (Brady Coyne #4)
  • Company of Liars
Marie Benedict is a lawyer with more than ten years' experience as a commercial litigator at two of the country's premier law firms. While practicing as a NYC lawyer, Marie dreamed of a fantastical job unearthing the hidden historical stories of women -- and finally found it when she tried her hand at writing. She embarked on a new, thematically connected series of historical fiction excavating th ...more

Articles featuring this book

“... it occurred to me that we are all unreliable narrators of our own lives, crafting stories about ourselves that omit unsavory truths and highlight our invented identities.” 0 likes
“Dorothy Sayers,” 0 likes