Start by marking “Rescue Me” as Want to Read:
Rescue Me

Rescue Me

Margot and Will cross paths at the local dog rescue centre where – after a series of misunderstandings and a lot of consternation – they agree to foster Blossom (a staffy with a giant head, soft, floppy ears and kohl-rimmed brown eyes) together: one week on, one week off.

Margot and Will don’t get off to the best of starts: he thinks Margot is demanding and needy and Just S
Expected publication: January 21st 2021 by Hodder

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Me

Start your review of Rescue Me
Emer (A Little Haze)
I’m 100% here for the dog!

I’m absolutely stark raving bonkers about all things canine so when this doggie themed contemporary appeared on NetGalley I didn’t have to think twice about requesting it. Plus Sarra Manning is the author of one of my all time fav romantic fictions, You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me.

This story follows two mid to late thirty-somethings, Margot and Will, as they agree to co-PAWrent a rescue dog together... The two both fall in love with the same doggie at a rescue centr
Anjali (bookstersisters)
I requested for this book without really reading the synopsis and only because was in the mood for some rom coms. I didn’t know what to expect but I was very very pleasantly surprised.
Will and Margot both fall in love with the same Staffie, Blossom from the animal shelter and decide to adopt her together , and share her custody. How Blossom manages to change their lonely lives makes up the rest of the book
When I started reading, I couldn’t bring myself to like either Will or Margot. They were bo
Kate
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you love dogs and romance (and let’s be real, who doesn’t?!) then you’ll love this book!!

It follows Margot and Will on their journey to becoming ‘co-pawrents’ to the rescue dog Blossom and I was hooked from the beginning!! The writing is easy-going, funny and incredibly entertaining and the characters (even the side characters) felt so real they had me rooting for them the entire time!
Karen
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! A really enjoyable read, which was so much more than just a romance novel. Full review to follow nearer publication/my blog tour date of 29 January.
Marthabethan
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful story!
This romance novel begins with Margot’s story. She’s mid thirties and really wants to settle down and start a family, but she hasn’t found the right man. So, she decides to rescue a dog for some company. When she goes to the rescue centre, she falls for Blossom, a staffy who has suffered and just needs a loving home. At the same place, she meets Will. Will has just finished therapy and is looking to make some meaningful connections, so agrees to help foster a dog. Margot
Shruthi Maniraj
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was super, super excited to get my hands on this book as the blurb was so so exciting. thanks to netgalley and the publisher for providing the copy!

I loved this book, it was a heartwarming read. I stayed up late while I was sick to finish it. It’s a story of Will & Margot who are both very lonely. They become copawrents to Blossom, a sassy pupper just like mine. And the story unfolds about how they become a family.

Definitely recommend it to readers who are looking for a warm read.
Alison
Margot is a 36 year old, plus-sized fashion designer who lives in fashionable North London. Will is a former investment banker, burnt out, and working in his family's floristry business in North London.

After Margot is rejected by both her boyfriend and her cat she decides she is more of a dog person anyway and wants to rehome a rescue dog, something small and fluffy that she can fit into a Louis Vuitton dog bag (okay I totally made up the Louis Vuitton bit, but you get the picture). She has very
Anika  | Chapters of May
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rescue Me is an uplifting, refreshingly charming, contemporary romance. And the perfect book for dog lovers! If you’re looking for a fun rom-com and a joyful read, this is the next book for your list.

The story follows Margot and Will, who become "co-pawrents" to a Staffie named Blossom. Margot is worried about time passing as she wants to start a family. To fill the need for love, she adopts Blossom. Will has recently left a lucrative career in New York City for the family business in London. He
Alice
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

If you love dogs and romance, you’ll love this book. “Rescue Me” by Sarra Manning is now one of my favourite romance books ever. You know those books that make you all warm and content inside? This is one of them.

Blossom is a Staffordshire bull terrier stray and Margot and Will both want to adopt her. Obviously, things are not off to a great start between the two of them and the hostility is obvious. They end up agreeing to “co-pawrent” her, as Margot
Charlotte
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-and-gifted
Thank you to the publishers for providing me and ARC for the blog tour.

When Margot, 36 years old and painfully aware of the ticking time bomb of her fertility breaks up with her latest in a string on unreliable boyfriends, she decides enough is enough and decides to adopt herself a cute little minituare dog. However when she gets to the adoption centre she falls head over heels with the staffy blossom. She ends up becoming a co-pawrent, with Will a stranger who is dealing with his own issues and
Ellie (bookmadbarlow)
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well isn't Blossom just the best, I really like books with dogs in and this one was no exception.
Margot decides to rehome a dog, but cannot take Blossom straight away and Will just happens to be in the right place at the right time and wants to foster a dog, but the problem is Will really likes Blossom and doesn't want to lose her.
And so the dog sharing begins. I enjoyed the alternating chapters between both Will and Margot and how we learnt about their pasts as well as their situations now. I l
Becka
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God, I love Sara Manning.

I think I spent 50% of this book crying and the other 50% laughing. I absolutely did not want this book to end and am already thinking about reading it again!
Kirsty
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book entirely. It’s almost certainly going to be my book of the year.

I have been a huge fan of Sarra’s work since her J17 days and always wait for her next book with great anticipation and I have to say this probably my favourite book of hers now.

I loved Margot and Will. I loved seeing their relationship develop over the course of the book and I loved getting to know them as characters. They felt so real and I was rooting for them both.

I loved Blossom. This book really highlights
Miss Sara L Walker
I love Sarra Manning but I chose this one because of the rescue Staffie (the gorgeous Blossom) as i'd recently lost my own beloved Staffie. This one lived up to my expectations and was the perfect rom-com: I laughed out loud and I cried (perhaps because of my personal situation) but will definitely re-visit this one again at a later date. Light but with shades of dark. Perfect! ...more
Mel
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
RATING: 4.25/5 STARS

"After their first meeting at the rescue centre, both Margot and Will want to adopt Blossom so reluctantly agree to share custody. But Will's obsession for micro-managing and clear-cut boundaries and Margot's need to smother Blossom with affection, means that soon they have a very confused and badly behaved dog on their hands.

Can they put their differences aside to become successful "co-pawrents" and maybe even friends? And meanwhile, does Blossom have plans of her own?"

I was
Emmie Rose
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so good and was such an enjoyable read that had me hooked throughout. This is not your average romance novel. This book deals with a lot of different topics, so please be warned of trigger alerts such as grief, low self-esteem and abuse (if you want to know more then drop me a message either on here or over on my instagram @oncemorewithreading).

I loved the concept of two people falling in love with a dog at a shelter and co-parenting, especially when they are complete strangers at
Emily Short
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The tale of two Co-pawents.

We meet Margot and Will through the chapters as the story follows each other. They both end up in the same place at the same time involving them to become a staffy’s co-pawents as they both feel they need Blossom in their lives. With opposing views, it is clear that these two owners are going to have a few disagreements and we follow their journey as they learn that welcoming a dog into your world is more life changing than expected.

I have been lucky enough receive thi
Alice
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rescue Me is a incredibly charming book about two strangers, Margot & Will who become "co-pawrents" of a staffordshire bull terrier named Blossom. Margot decides to adopt Blossom post break up and Will offers to foster her for a week while Margot is away for work. During that week Will falls in love with Blossom too and they agree to share her on a week by week basis. The book follows Margot & Will as they share ownership with Blossom and the events that follow.

I enjoyed this so much more than I
Mary Collins
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE Sarra Manning and have done since I was eagerly awaiting the next issue of Just 17 so I could see what happened next in Diary of a Crush. I was so excited for Rescue Me and it absolutely didn’t disappoint.
Margot is in some ways a typical SM main character- she is quirky and feisty, with a decided vulnerable side. However, her characters are definitely growing up, and I mean that in no way as a criticism of either this book or any that came before! Closer to 40 than 30 and completely fina
Lucy
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I adored Rescue Me, reading it felt like a cosy hug at the end of a, let's be honest, a pretty terrible year!

I've been a Sarra Manning fan for years now and although I haven't read all her books, I loved everyone I have read and Rescue Me is no exception. The romance between Margot and Will builds slowly throughout the book as they go from being strangers, co-pawrents, friends and finally lovers. All with the help of one mischievous Staffy pup of course!

Sarra does a fantastic job of showing the
Mackenzie | Weekend Prose
Rescue Me is Sarra Manning's latest book about two Londoners who both fall for a rescue pup, Blossom, and decide to adopt and co-parent her. Margot is a 37-year-old fashion buyer who still copes with the loss of both of her parents through positive affirmations and creating a family of friends. Will is of a similar age, and has returned from the finance world in New York to help his family run their floral business after the passing of his grandparents. Will Blossom be able to bring these two to ...more
Bloom Books
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A dog-rescue kennels off the A41 might not be the obvious place to find love, but it’s where Margot finds herself smitten after her latest break up. Blossom, a white Staffordshire Bull Terrier, captures her heart after heartbreak and she begins the application process to adopt the stray puppy. Due to work commitments, Margot finds herself needing someone to foster Blossom for a week which is how she meets Will and finds herself ‘co-pawrenting’ the nervous dog.

As a fan of Manning since reading Ju
Chantiece Bates
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could put into words how much I loved this book. It kept my attention the whole time and I was always wanting to read more!
So the story starts with Margot and her ex boyfriend. She wants to settle down, get married have babies as she feels her time is running out. We meet will who is also stressed as hell suffering from mental health issues and intimacy issues. They both want Blossom the dog so decide to co-pawrent little Blossom.
I loved all the characters in this book. Especially Blo
Sara Oxton
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rescue me by Sarra Manning a five-star read that blooms to life unfurling like your favourite flower. I will be honest I picked this one up for the dog, I had read this author years ago, but for some reason hadn’t for ages and I cannot remember why, but I saw there was a dog and thought how bad could be? It was amazing. What surprised me most was I liked the humans as well as the Blossom, they were not perfect and they did upset each other and me the reader, but I loved it, it made me feel part ...more
Oriana Blyth (_head_in_a_book)
Thank you so much to Callie from @hodderbooks for sending me a copy of this wonderful book to read and review ❤️

I’ve been in the most horrendous reading slump for the last couple of months, and this book literally did rescue me!!

The story follows Will and Margot who both fall head over heels in love with rescue dog Blossom who is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. They decide to become “co-pawrents” and soon forge an unlikely friendship.

I fell in love with the book as soon as I started it. Margot i
Rebecca
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely right up there with my favourite books of the year so far!

We meet Margot and Will, who both fall in love with Blossom, a rescue dog. They agree to share her and meet weekly to exchange Blossom. They have very different views on raising a dog and we hear from each of them over the course of the book.

I enjoyed getting to know them both as they narrated chapters and it really added to my understanding of them as characters as I got to hear their perspectives, alongside introduc
Rosina
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, romance
I recieved a free copy of this book on NetGalley in return for an honest review.

So much doggo love.

Honestly, Blossom was what I cared most about in this book. Probably because so much of her behaviour is echoed by my own dog though he's not a small Staffie. He's a massive Doberman/Dalmatian cross.

The human characters and romance were enjoyable enough but when things started to mess up I did start rolling my eyes a lot. They've both had therapy so they know talking is important so why all the av
Aileen
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! Margot and Will are copawrents to Blossom, a Staffordshire bull terrier. The story follows them in their journey and also delves back in time to find out how they've landed in their current situations.

The book is written from both points of view which I love as a style of writing as we the reader don't see everything through one set of eyes.

This book had me laughing and crying and as much as I raced towards the end I didn't want it to finish because I was enjoying i
Thais • tata.lifepages •
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rescue Me could be described as a couple's love story between Margot & Will, or, to be more precise, a family's love story among Margot & Blossom & Will. Blossom is a lovely rescue dog they adopted together that changed their lives forever.

This is a heartwarming story, together Margot & Will co-parent and care for Blossom, and we see this love reflected on their relationship as well. This was done in a very adorable manner. I loved how the author created this cozy uplifting feeling while readin
Isabell
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An adorable rescue doggo brings together a woman looking for love and a man who doesn’t believe he can form emotional connections. This was an adorable, funny, emotional and romantic read. Margot and Will were wonderfully messy but relatable and likeable individuals with a sparky connection from the start. The development of their relationship from reluctant co-pawrents to friends and more was very organic and handled well by the author. Blossom was the best girl and deserved all the treats. An ...more

• The Summer Job
  • The Flip Side
  • Asking for a Friend
  • Ten Rules for Faking It
  • The Shelf
Sarra Manning is a teen queen extraordinaire. She spent five years working on the now sadly defunct J17, first as a writer and then as Entertainment Editor. She then joined the launch team of teen fashion bible Ellegirl, which she later went on to edit and has consulted on a wide range of youth titles including Bliss, The Face and More.

Sarra is now editor of What To Wear magazine. She's also been