Start by marking “The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)” as Want to Read:
The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)

The Lives of Saints

(Grishaverse)

Enter the world of the Grishaverse and Shadow and Bone, soon to be a Netflix original series!

Dive into the epic world of international bestselling author Leigh Bardugo with this beautifully illustrated replica of The Lives of Saints, the Istorii Sankt’ya, featuring tales of saints drawn from the beloved novels and beyond. Out of the pages of the Shadow and Bone trilogy, fr
Published October 6th 2020 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about The Lives of Saints, please sign up.
Emily I mean, it's a book about the saints. Technically, it should be read at least after the original trilogy. But its more of a companion novella that tal…moreI mean, it's a book about the saints. Technically, it should be read at least after the original trilogy. But its more of a companion novella that talks about the saints in the series we've heard of.(less)

Start your review of The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
jessica
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
charming, magical, inspired, with just the right amount of darkness.

this is a wonderful companion book to a brilliant world with phenomenal characters and captivating stories.

i am such a believer.

favourite stories - sankta vasilka, sankt valentin, sankt mattheus, and the starless saint (obviously)

4.5 stars, overall

___________________________________

saints included (*tag yourself - im sankt vladimir lol):

sankta margaretha | patron saint of thieves and lost children

sankta anastasia | patron s
may ➹
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
yes I hate the Grisha trilogy yes I will still be reading this weird ugly half blue half red book
emma
Aug 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
i am forced to assume that this extremely exciting book is this ugly solely to teach me not to judge books by their covers
Helena of Eretz ✰
I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO READ THISSSSSS!!! LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT'LL BEEEEEE!!! <333

Leigh also said:
"I’m a habitual doomsayer, so if ten years ago, you’d told me we were going to end up here, I never would have believed you. In fact I'd have shushed you because I'm not about tempting fate. But, as soon as I wrote the Istorii Sankt’ya into Shadow and Bone, I started dreaming about getting to create a collection like this. Seeing it in Jessie’s hands as a prop in our Netflix adaptation? I never could
Hamad
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Let's just ignore the fact of how ugly the cover is and jump into the book itself. I should point out that I had been told that the blue part is like an external cover and is removed so the book is completely red and it is actually shown in the last short story in one of the illustrations as that.

Short stories like this are among my earliest memories of reading, I remember getting Aesop's fables as a gift from my English teacher because I got a perfect score in that semes
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
My first reaction: Ohhhhhh!
Followed by the exclamation: Ahhhh!
Continuing with: ADSFJKLMNÖ!!!

Ending with: NEED NOW!!!

No, seriously! I didn't even know this is going to be a thing!
But we all know how I am with Leigh's books: I really dunno how that ended up in my shopping cart but if it's already there... *lool*
The insta-buy is strong my friends! XD
Mary S. R.
Aug 14, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I absolutely cannot imagine what they were thinking with that cover, THE COLOURS MAKE NO SENSE.

—★—

I don’t even know why I’m adding this seeing as I seem to be considering a breakup with the Grishaverse 😐

Oh, well.

Wajeeha
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
Sis doesn't like Shadow and Bone trilogy much but Sis likes the Darkling. So sis will read The Lives Of Saints because of The STARLESS SAINT aka the Darkling. Sis is me. I am sis.

"These tales include miracles and martyrdoms from familiar saints like Sankta Lizabeta of the Roses and Sankt Ilya in Chains, to the strange and obscure stories of Sankta Ursula, Sankta Maradi, and The Starless Saint."

Correct
Natalie Monroe

“I wander now, lost among the shelves. My hand cramps around the pen. I gather dust. But someone has to set down the words, put them in the proper order. I am the library and the librarian, hoarding lives, a catalog for the faithful.”

The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic is much better for two reasons. One, the stories were longer and allowed room for actual plot and character introspection. Here, the stories are three pages each on average.

Second—and I know I'
Mariah
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
If The Language of Thorns is anything to go by, I'm going to freaking LOVE this.
The art alone *chef's kiss*
Kenzie The Dragon Queen
I was hoping for an announcement regarding Ninth House book 2, but apparently Leigh Bardugo is currently planning on milking every cent she can from The Grishaverse since there will be a TV show now. And you know what? I don’t blame her. She’s gonna make good money, and get good exposure, and we’d all probably do it too if we were in her shoes.
Sofia
Sep 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
I don't know why I keep adding Grishaverse books to my TBR. Every single one of them I've read (besides my cinnamon roll Crooked Kingdom), I have hated. And yet I am somehow well-versed in the Grisha fandom. It's a mystery to me.
Lia is reading
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
It isn't love, it isn't hate, it's just indifference.
Laura ☾
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Packed with beautiful illustrations, The Lives of Saints acts as a backdrop to the Grisha trilogy, laying out the myths and stories behind the Saints revered throughout the Grishaverse!

This was a highly enjoyable read, but I'd definitely recommend picking it up after the Grisha trilogy at the very least!

(view spoiler)
Valeria Vidal
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
Me finding out about this: "She let go a breath she didn't realize she was holding".
Angelica
Sep 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
the grishaverse has such beautiful covers. whose idea was this nonsense?

it's like they had two cover ideas and decided to mesh them and it's not working for me.
Darian
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
That was fun
Ivana - Diary of Difference
I keep telling myself to not judge a book by its cover. And this is me, failing at it again.

I mean - just LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS COVER!!!
Me wants it!!!
Lina
Jul 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
OKAY, IT IS OFFICIAL. LEIGH BARDUGO IS TRYING TO KILL US ALL WITH THIS NEWS.

description

I have ALWAYS wanted to look inside in the book that Alina always read about in the "Shadow and Bone" trilogy. The book is about all the saints that were mentioned in the Grisha trilogy, starting from Sankt Illya and ending WITH MY BABY THE DARKLING. HE IS FINALLY ACCEPTED AS A SAINT.
Kuddos to the people who made this happen and these gorgeous drawings.

Sana
Jul 01, 2020 marked it as anti-library  ·  review of another edition
I'm mad I got this, TBH (at least it's pretty even with the very weird dustjacket)

-------------------------------

I'm mad that I want this, TBH
Delirious Disquisitions
3.5 stars. This book was just missing the magic of Language of Thorns. I liked these stories but how many of them are actually going to stay with me? Probably no more than a couple tbh. I enjoyed the little easter eggs that were thrown in. The illustrations are hauntingly beautiful and cover (no It's not half blue that part comes off. It's all red) with its gold embossed lettering is gorgeous! But unless you're one for collecting beautiful looking books and a diehard fan of everything Griesha re ...more
drew autumn
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
i just read eleanor’s review and she is completely right, it was really good but i prefer longer stories too :D changing my rating lol

_____________________________

IS THIS THE LIVES OF SAINTS OH MY GODOHMYGODAAAAHHHHHH
Sahitya
I was pretty excited when I saw the announcement for this book and I would have loved to have it in my collection but unfortunately, I can’t afford it right now so I had to settle for reading the ebook from my library.

After listening to a glimpse of the Shadow and Bone tv show’s score yesterday, I was feeling a little nostalgic, so it was nice to be back in the Grishaverse. The stories of the Saints in this book are just little incidents of their miracles in life and while they were interesting
Mellie Antoinette
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had no intentions of buying much less reading this. But the Leigh did a read through of Sankt Nikolai on Instagram, and I was hooked! So good, y’all! And the Illumicrate of this book is reminiscent of a Medieval illuminated manuscript (cost as much as one too! 🙃)
Rachel Elizabeth
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
honestly the art in this book is five stars alone, but each individual tale was so clever and beautifully written! a fantastic edition to the Grisha universe, plus it’s stunning. They did an amazing job designing this book.
Friederike
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TW for the illustration & story of Sankta Anastasia (2nd story): self-harm

I totally loved getting a compilation of the different Saints in the Grishaverse! There's not much else to say for it honestly. The illustrations are amazing and definitely swayed this towards the 5 star rating for me.
Tabi⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
Aug 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: pre-ordered
Me, bouncing excitedly: SoOn tO bE a Netflix oRiGinAL
Bitchin' Reads
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I give this 4 stars because of a slight frustration. Will explain.

Quick backstory: I took several Medieval literature courses in college. I can read several variants of Middle English even, thanks to those courses. I also read about the lives of saints in the real world. Saint Katherine, Margery Kempe, etc.

So with my experience, I had an idea of what to expect regarding the stories here in The Lives of Saints. Color me slightly confused when several of the stories, like Sankta Alina's, don't ac
Nik
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love me some pretty illustrations and stories!
Nessa Luna [October Tune]
Oh, the artwork in this book is beautiful I couldn't stop looking at the images! The stories were amazing too and I enjoyed reading each and every one of them! Also, this book will make an amazing cosplay prop for when I finally get off my ass and start making my Alina cosplay... XD
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse (coming soon to Netflix) which spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars— with more to come. Her short stories can be found in multiple anthologies, including the Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy. Her other works include Wo ...more

• The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret, #1)
  • Fire & Blood, Part II
  • Lost City
  • The Randi Prize
  • The Astronaut's Lament
  • Boxed In
  • Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, #6)
  • Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres and the Shadows of Death (Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, #3)
  • How to Actually Change Your Mind