Start by marking “Ravynscroft (Necessary Lies #2)” as Want to Read:
Ravynscroft (Necessary Lies #2)

Ravynscroft (Necessary Lies #2)

Ravyn's wife moves out, leaving her alone with a large house, the empty shell, really, of a broken home, a broken heart just as large, a broken marriage, broken promises, broken community and friendships, broken dreams. She tells us the tale of her coming-again of age in her 40s, finding most of the pieces and building something new that sort of looks like a life, from the ...more
Published June 22nd 2020 by Kindle Direct Publishing

Start your review of Ravynscroft (Necessary Lies #2)
Kaylee
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Ravynscroft, but more than that...I have had all these complicated feelings that I could never express, and a lot of that was reflected back at me from the pages of this book. I related very strongly to Ravyn, and then Renee. In some ways I'm very different from the characters, but many of the feelings are the same, and it felt good to have those feelings acknowledged. I think I really needed that.

I really liked Ravyn from page one; her voice, her personality. And when her wife leaves
Sue Buckley
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

"Where do I go from here?" the universal question when blindsided by a break-up. Raven's journey takes her in a direction that defies convention but is satisfying in an unexpected way.

No matter your orientation, you will find author, Richard Edgar, has captured the emotions and pitfalls we all experience when we try to rise out of the ashes of a failed relationship, as we not only try to survive, but thrive in the aftermath.

Edgar excels at complex, slice of life stories that are globally relat

Steve Bivans
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you've ever wondered what a house full of academic lesbians would be like, this is the book. The characters are strong, gritty and witty. Edgar's crisp style moves along, flipping the pages for you. Will you get what you want in the end? I'm not telling. Just read it!
A must read for anyone who knows and loves anyone in the LGBTQ community. Hell, those who don't, still should read it. Might change your mind...
Alex
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Full of emotions, this one does not disappoint! Losing a life partner and starting over is always a challenge... The author has captured this experience in a very real way.
Patricia A.
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Edgar continues the story of a lesbian astrophysicist who has loved, lost, and lived to love again, this time in a polyamorous relationship. I fell in love with the authentic characters, crisp dialogue, and a plot that nimbly traverses the LGBTQ community, the challenges of women in a male-dominated field, and the human frailties within us all.
Julienne M Leyh
Feb 08, 2021
Richard Edgar
Jun 24, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie
Jun 21, 2020
Stephanie
Jun 24, 2020
Richard Edgar
Jul 16, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kameaka
Nov 27, 2020
Author's review 1 1 Aug 21, 2020 10:58AM

• The New Wilderness
  • The Red Tent
  • The Prince and the Troll (Faraway, #1)
  • Cathedral
  • The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
  • Water for Elephants
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  • Outlander (Outlander, #1)
  • Monogamy
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
  • The Ultimate Christmas Collection
  • Mr. Dickens and His Carol
Richard Edgar is a retired scientist living near Denver, writing speculative character-driven queer fiction, science fiction, and sometimes just fiction about queer scientists.

News & Interviews