Start by marking “Secret Admirer” as Want to Read:
Secret Admirer

Secret Admirer

You deserve all the kisses you want ...

Benji,
I want you to know how amazing you are. You won't believe me, because I'm just your brother's best friend, but it’s true. Each day my feelings for you grow, confusing but undeniable.

With a few anonymous love tokens, I finally have an outlet for all the things I can't say. And with each gift and note, you smile. For me. Not your
Published June 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Secret Admirer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Admirer

Start your review of Secret Admirer
Snjez
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first part, when the secret admirer was still a secret, but I found the rest of the story underwhelming and a bit boring.
Joyfully Jay
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

D.J. Jamison gives us a truly sweet romance in Secret Admirer. What starts out as just a way to make Benji feel better becomes a huge revelation for Ace, who finds himself increasingly grappling with the idea that he is bisexual—something he has felt might be so for quite some time, but he has never hand the courage or inkling to act on it. While this story isn’t a out for you trope, exactly, there is no denying that there’s only one person who chimes Ace’s bell and
Miriam
5 stars audio

3 stars story. This was a sweet low angst story. Unfortunately since I am in the mood for a sexy angsty story (involving adult aged MCs) I couldn't get into it.
Rachel Emily
This was so sweet!! I love the best friend's younger brother trope, and this was so sweet. Benji was so cute and I really enjoyed this story. A bit of fake date, sweet secret admirer wooing, and just fun!
Cadiva
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soooo cute. I do love how DJ gets these sweet romances with either a fake boyfriend element or this secret admirer one so right.

It had just enough tension to stop it becoming saccharine and enough heat to blow the cobwebs off.

Both characters were engaging and I loved them together.

Brother's best friend is one of my favourite tropes and this book tackles it with sweetness and a lot of humour.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.
Ula'ndi Hart
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall book rating: 3.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

Nice little feel good. I don't do a whole lot of college age books anymore but I had fun
with this one.
Papie
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

This was cute, sweet, sexy. It was a quick and fun read. I was intrigued by the secret admirer storyline, but I think it would have been a lot more fun if told in single POV, so the identity would be a surprise for the reader too. Because apart from the secret admirer part, it was pretty much the same “young gay guy in love with his older brother’s best friend” book we’ve read before.

That being said, I really liked it! And we get a gay virgin and a straight guy discovering he is not so
Scooby2
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It seems that I am the first to leave a meh review for a book that everyone seems to like. “Secret Admirer” was a book that just didn’t work for me and I hate that because it should have. I thought everyone acted juvenile and immature throughout the story, making them seem high school aged not about to graduate college aged. I never felt like Ace and Benji belonged together, never felt their connection or their “love” for one another. I just never clicked with this story or any of the characters ...more
Skirmish
Lelyana
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020, mm

This was cute!
Benji loved Ace (his brother's best friend) since forever, but Ace is straight, or so they thought.
But Ace is like a brother to Benji, keeping him safe, taking care of him, since Jeremy, Benji's brother living far away. Too far to guard his baby brother.
So Ace did the deed. But he never thought it come to term, he'll fall for Benji, but too afraid to let Benji knew.
So, he started with gifts from Benji's 'secret admire'>.

I loved Benji and Ace's chemistry, they has it since the get g
Calila
*Received A Copy To Review From The Author*

So cute and sweet. I loved that it zigged when I expected it to zag. I really enjoyed the characters, particularly Ace, though Benji improved once he got over his ridiculous denial. The insecurity stuck around a bit longer than I would've liked. Nothing major though. I really liked how their relationship progressed generally. The family drama was decent without being too much. Just a lowkey, sweet, happy read.
George
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Benji and Ace, the two main characters in ‘Secret Admirer’ by D. J. Jamison are each sweet, but OMG, their story is filled with so much angst and predictability that it was nearly impossible to stick with it.

From the very beginning the conclusion was never in doubt. Even the first time the two college students were having their first sexual experience together, each was having his own doubts about why the other would want to be with him. It was all just too, too, too much.

I’m glad other reviewe
Andi Anderson
Sweet!

This was such a sweet/feel-good story that it literally made me smile throughout the book. Loved the characters and really loved the romantic relationship between the two heroes.
Verdelite
needs more pining 2.5/5

More seriously, I just kinda didn't feel this book very much. The beginning was promising but it tapered off toward the end. The ending was also... not anticlimactic but also not very climatic. Or maybe that was the point? Idk.
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Very cute

This is one of those stories you need when you are having a bad day. You just need your MC’s to get along, not have too much angst and be super sweet with each other. I love myself a good awkward MC. Something about them just steals my heart best friend brother story.
I can go to bed happy with that one. The writing was great, the banter made me laugh, the smexy was nice, and the side characters were fun.
Szidi ☼
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOOOVED IT♥️♥️

This was my first from the author, but please, sign me up for the others too if they're the same good as this!

It was everything. Full cuteness and such a lovely romance. Best friend's brother, secret love letters, all the aww feelings.

Ace and Benji were both adorable, loved their friendship and the little love letters were so cute. I loved how they fallen in love, and all their firsts were awesome. Loved everything about this book, from the first letter to the last. I was lost in
Ann
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very adorable!
Susan Hawke
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect bit of fluff I needed after the stress of the last few months. It's a cute, sweet story that had me smiling the whole way through. Strongly recommend!
Karolina Cebula
When a friend from college stands him up on their first date, Benji's already low self-esteem suddenly becomes even lower. What's more, Ace, Benji's secret love and his older brother's best friend, is a witness of the failed date. Could this situation be even worse? Benji is convinced that nothing good is waiting for him in the future. He is average, he has nothing to offer to a potential boyfriend, and his biggest love considers him a little brother. Unexpectedly, he gets a gift from a secret a ...more
Lisa
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: listened
This was such a great book with everything I love...the nerd and the frat guy, the brother's best friend, bi-awakening, first times...it was so good! Benji and Ace's love story was so much fun to read, written so well and had me smiling from beginning to end.

Darcy Stark did a good job narrating the book.
Cindi
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, on-blog, m-m
4.5 stars.

Ace is bi-curious but has never acted on it.

Benji is Ace's best friend's openly gay younger brother.

When Benji gets stood up by his first date ever, Ace takes it upon himself to do anything he can to make Benji smile. Both college students at the same school, it starts with chocolate kisses and a cute note left on Benji's bed in his dorm room, along with a note signed by his 'secret admirer'. When Ace sees how happy it makes Benji, there are more notes and small gifts. What starts as w
Benjamin Wong
Ah, young love. So cute, so sweet and fluffy. This was all that and just a little more. A nice college romance to get wrapped up in on a cool afternoon. It totally gave me the feeling of young, unbridled college romance but coupled with hot exploratory sex.

Ace and Benji were just so cute together. From the secret admirer note and gift to cheer Benji up following a disastrous non-date, to more notes and gifts and the eventual reveal, fallout, and finally love, the entire story was told with an e
Jess
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-mm-romance
They deserve all the kisses

A heartwarming read. The relationship between both MCs are so sweet that they are giving me cavities. Both are so perfect in their own way which made the their journey a bit bland. On the other hand, I would really love to see how Jonas turn out but sadly this is a standalone so that's that.
Lisa
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF at 76%

I just found this really boring. I didn’t have any deep feelings for the characters, the way they finally came together was clumsy and a bit weird. I was skipping the last few pages and have now just stopped.
Sorry.
Kirstin
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so sweet!! I loved the Brother's Best Friend trope and the fact that Ace's homelife was terrible, yet he'd endure sticking around for Benji.

The story was fun, start to finish, without any slow parts. I really enjoyed the entire experience, including the narration.
Nichole
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy swoon, Batman!!! 😍😍😍

I absolutely loved this book!!!! ♥️ It was pure friends-to-lovers GOLD!!!! The perfect balance of low angst, amazing character connection and slow burn heat. I fell in love with Benji & Ace. *le sigh* 😍 Trust me, you need this book. 🥰
Carra
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the perfect book to pick up if you’re looking for a new adult romance with a sweet-but-eventually-sexy virgin/bisexual awakening pairing. I tend to shy away from stories in the college setting since the maturity level of the characters can be hit or miss (in my experience), but here in Secret Admirer the author strikes a good balance so that the young main characters don’t come off as juvenile. While the brother’s best friend trope has been done many times before, Benji and Ace are adora ...more
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Benji has had a crush on Ace (his older brother's best friend) for as long as he could remember. When he goes to college in hopes of being there with his brother but unforeseen circumstances has him attending college without his brother but with Ace. Ace told Jeremy he'd watch out for his younger brother.

Benji has always noticed Ace but suddenly Ace starts noticing Benji in a way he never expected. Ace is questioning hi
Faye K
4.5 stars A good start to the book and told with duel POVs with both characters having a secret.
Benji had never had a first date, now in collage his date fails to show. But Ace does and they share ice-cream but also share something else.. I couldn't help feel sorry for them for different reasons though. Love was right under their noses but the taboo of the friends label and Benji's brother Jeremy puts a damper on things progressing. This had other secondary characters included which were cool. S
Lillian Francis
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: filed
Cute.
College romance.
Frat house.
Falling for best friend's younger brother.
Friends to lovers.
Pining for older brother's best friend.
Just want to see him smile.
Bi-curious MC.
Virgin MC
Gay Virgin MC
No angst.
Big misunderstanding (It's a secret admirer story of course there's a big misunderstanding.)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Falling for the Geek (His Best Friend's Brother, #1)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Melting (Otter Bay #1)
  • Two Straights Too Many (Heroes of Port Dale, #1)
  • Hopeless Bromantics (Love & Luck #4)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • The Experiment
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Fix Me (Tattoos and Temptation #2)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • When I First Saw Red (Soldiers and Mercenaries #2)
  • Two Men and a Baby (Love & Luck #5)
  • Screens Apart
  • Forbidden Friend (His Best Friend's Brother, #2)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Hummingbird Heartbreak (The Gold Brothers #1)
DJ Jamison writes sweet but spicy M/M romance that most readers consider relatively low-angst. She grew up in a working-class family, and many of those influences can be found in her books: family drama, workplace conflict, and of course, love! DJ lives in Kansas with her husband, two sons, a timid snake, and a sadistic cat named Birdie.

Join DJ's mailing list at http://tinyurl.com/DJandCompany

Join