Start by marking “Mask (Four Regions #1)” as Want to Read:
Mask (Four Regions #1)

Mask (Four Regions #1)

Emily thought magic only existed in the books she read as a child. When a handsome stranger enlists her help to uncover who tried to kill the princess of another world, she learns those books were more than just stories. She discovers the Four Regions - a realm where magical creatures fled to escape human persecution. It is there Emily finds the power, passion, and friends ...more
Kindle Edition
Published August 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mask, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mask

Start your review of Mask (Four Regions #1)
Lisa Hesse
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I do enjoy YA novels, fantasy is not my usual genre. However, this is a story that will be enjoyed by those who are better read in fiction of this type. It is well-written with a storyline that continuously advances and keeps the reader interested and looking forward to more.

The story has many features common in YA novels: a protagonist who has felt her life to be unremarkable but suddenly called upon to do the unexpected; a love triangle; a decision that will change the directions of the
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend The Mask for anyone who enjoys fun, light-hearted fantasy novels. The story-line is unique and surprising while incorporating familiar fantasy themes. I really enjoyed reading The Mask and am looking forward to reading more books by this author! Pick it up if you are looking for a fun beach read or a break from the craziness of the world. I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Erica Hose
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mask took me to a world unlike any that I have encountered before, one that I look forward to exploring further. Emily is a very relatable character that you cannot help rooting for, even if you end up questioning some of her decisions. Let's hope that this is the first of many books.

I received an Advanced Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Heather Ingersoll
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the heck out of this book! Perfect quick read and I cannot wait for the sequel! Perfect blend of fantasy and a little sci-fi-ish ness! The characters were well developed and the plot was quick and kept me turning the pages!
Sadie Marshall
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an Advanced Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. That being said, this is an AMAZING book. I am and always have been a huge fan of YA and fantasy and really truly enjoyed this story. It was a quick read, but had me wanting to read more of the story and the other regions. I can't wait till the rest of the books come out and I can continue to read and immerse myself in this world.
Amanda de Geus
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing first book to the series, I was lucky enough to read this as an ARC.

Mask jumps right into a fantastical world full of mystery, romance, creatures, and adventure. The characters are well fleshed out and have a wonderful depth to them. This book truly is a doorway to another world.

As with any fantasy book, it is easy to fall into cliches and I think Fink did a phenomenal job bringing her own unique brand to this genre. I am excited to see what she does next!
Annmarie Wise
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mask of Originality

I enjoyed the original take on a new fantasy world. I look forward to seeing more of this world developed and explored.
Bethany Votaw (Giesch)
A stunning debut!
Laura Denney
First of all, I received an Advanced Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. That being said, here is my non-spoiler review.

Mask jumps right into action on the get-go, with a quick introduction to their world of magic and the creatures that inhabit it. The main character, Emily, is very easy to relate to as she learns to navigate this new world she has been suddenly thrust into. I enjoyed this new take on magic, and the contrast between a world full of it, and our world. And while I
Sayuri
Jul 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melina Lobo
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deep inside you. This feeling is where your power will come from. It is strong, but controllable.
🦄🦄🦄
When Emily gets pulled into another world by a stranger, she finds herself leaving her life behind to save a Princess.
Now orphaned after the death of her mother, Emily envelopes her new person a in magic while trying to find out who hurt the Princess.
In a world where demons, vampires, elves thrive, Emily must become a part of them while wearing a mask.
🦄🦄🦄
Mask is a fantasy novel by Andrea Fink.
I'm
Brandann Hill-Mann
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I snagged an ARC of this book from the author. This is my honest review.

The premise of MASK includes some well-loved tropes: Secret Princess, In Love With the Monster, Trapped in Another World, Masquerade (a fave of mine), Powers in the First Episode, and Interspecies Romance/Hybrid Offspring to name a few. Fink has a solid grasp of these tropes, and puts them all to good use with a spin of her own.

In telling Emily’s story, Fink has pulled off some plot elements that impressed and entertained me
Christel Kammerzell
I was lucky to be an advanced reader of this book. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read! I love the fresh story and the departure from dystopian novels that have been dominating the young adult genre. It was so different than anything else I’ve read. The author’s style ended each chapter with an “I wonder what’s going to happen next” feeling that kept me hooked—It was hard to put down! There was a little bit of everything in this story; romance, adventure, danger, levity. It was definitely one to ...more
Rutuja Ramteke
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

🍷Mask🍷
Mask by Andrea Fink is the first book in the "Four Regions" series and is definitely one of my favorite fantasy reads with a blend of drama and romance. The story revolves around Emily, Emily thought magic only existed in the books she read as a child. When a handsome stranger enlists her help to uncover who tried to kill the princess of another world, she learns those books were more than just stories. She discovers the Four Regions - a realm where magical creatures fled to escape human p
Nick Burgoyne
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The premise of Mask is a strong one: Emily discovers she is the twin of a woman who is royalty in an alternative world, one created by magical creatures after their persecution by humans. Her sister is deathly sick, and it is up to Emily to come to this world and impersonate her in the palace until they find who is responsible.

The author has a tight grasp of her story and its direction. The land it is set in, with its historical vibes of human society from centuries ago, lays the foundations of
Sarah Hill
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh! I LOVED this book! I couldn't put it down and finished in ONE day!! The cover caught my eye on Instagram and I out it on my TBR and it did not disappoint! It literally had me in the first chapter getting wrapped up in the mystery that presented itself at the start. I had an instant book crush on Will and felt like I was a part of this world because the descriptions were so good and were not overly used! I can't wait for the rest of the series! I could go on and on, but am afraid I' ...more
Page Pest
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: august-2020
It's YA fantasy. It's nothing that I haven't read five million times already. Not a bad read, just a familiar one with a few minor deviations from the familiar tried and true love-triangle of supernatural beings with some unknown person trying to kill the protagonist.
B.L. Callaghan
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was so intrigued and fascinated by the premise of Mask.
Andrea Fink has left nothing out while world-building for this book, which helps create a world rich with detail and history – it was so well thought out and interesting.
The writing style was easy to follow, building the further in you read. The story itself sucks you in, so much so that I read this book in one sitting.
It contains my favorite themes, tropes, and creatures – royalty, secrets and intrigue, drama, monsters and magic, love tri
Barbara Berg
Rebecca Roel
Sep 13, 2020
Savanna
Aug 14, 2020

• The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
  • The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
  • Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)
  • Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)
  • The Swap
  • Home Front
  • Out of My League
  • DragonSpell (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Daughter of the Reich
  • Ten Cents a Dance
  • When She Woke
  • Wilder Girls
  • Swimsuit
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • The Ninth Configuration
  • The Aviators: Eddie Rickenbacker, Jimmy Doolittle, Charles Lindbergh, and the Epic Age of Flight