Start by marking “Potions and Playing Cards (Spooky Games Club, #3)” as Want to Read:
Potions and Playing Cards (Spooky Games Club, #3)

Potions and Playing Cards

(Spooky Games Club #3)

Fixated on researching ways to break her curse once and for all, jinxed witch and do-gooder Dahlia Poplar doesn’t know how well she’ll do in the upcoming Euchre Tournament, the Luna Lane Spooky Games Club’s first sponsored event. With visiting professor Cable Woodward due to depart to spend more of his sabbatical on the road, Dahlia can’t admit that he may be the reason sh ...more
Kindle Edition
Published November 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Potions and Playing Cards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Potions and Playing Cards

Start your review of Potions and Playing Cards (Spooky Games Club, #3)
Bonnie
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could move to Luna Lane. Everyone knows everyone. And there is nothing they won't do for one another. And doesn't matter if they are witch, werewolf, vampire or another paranormal creature. Dahlia learns more of her past and what it means to be Dahlia. The ending will bring you to tears. Totally unexpected for me, but so fitting and leaving the door open for many more stories. The characters are one of a kind and their interactions are what I wish I could have with the people in my life ...more
Kim
Jun 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-reads
The third book in this series is by far my favorite so far. We have gotten to know the community of Luna Lane and we all have our favorites but then a twist comes out of nowhere and then another and another to keep you page turning through to the end.

I laughed, gasped, was happy, scared, and laughing all throughout this book. I can not wait to read the next installment of the Spooky Games Club series.
Agna
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Spooky Games Club series, and Dahlia finally discovers who her father is and what it means to be a Poplar witch. The truth is shocking, scary and twisted. And now Dahlia has to face the evil witch whose curse has loomed over her since birth. This page-turner ends with a wonderful, action-packed scene that makes you want to start reading Dahlia’s next adventure right away.
I received a free copy for an honest review.
Margie
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Potions and Playing Cards by Amy McNulty is the third book in her A Spooky Games Club Mystery series. This story is full of surprises. Dahlia discovers some family truths which shocked me. The planned Euchre tournament sponsored by the Spooky Games Club ended up being nothing like the group planned. The pace of this story was perfect. I couldn't put this book down. I am glad that the author answered so many questions about Dahlia's mother's death and the family's background and past. I am also v ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The characters of Luna Lane and especially Dahlia feel like close friends and every book I read, I get to know them a bit better. Mischief is afoot during a Euchre tournament and Dahlia is set on finding out the truth of what happened. Throughout this story, we get a closer look at Cinnamon's life before coming to Luna Lane. I cannot wait to hear back to Luna Lane for more mysteries! Thank you Amy McNulty for the copy! ...more
Katherine Decker
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this third book in the series. I can’t wait until another is written. I really could not put this one down. Dahlia really wants to break her curse and Luna Lane’s Spooky Games clued is hosting its first big event. Trouble quickly brews up and soon Dahila discovers things about her past that will shock her and others. I really like how the 3 book arc wraps up and yet leaves room for the story to continue. So a delight to read.
Carol
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been so lucky to read this series and this book is definitely the best yet. With quirky characters and a fascinating storyline this paranormal cozy has it all. Witches, vampires, werewolves and gargoyles? all inhabit Luna Lane. Spells go wonky as Dahlia tries to save herself and her friends from danger. I received an ARC of this book and I'm voluntarily providing an honest review. ...more
Barb Foerst
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
Dahlia has agreed to play in the local euchre tournament, in spite of not knowing how to play. As we know from the past, the group games lead to lots of trouble and this is no exception.

I enjoy this spooky games club series and the wonderful characters. Dahlia learns a lot about herself in this book
Christine
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was just just chalked full of mysteries and secrets! I couldn’t put it down. And the ending was just perfect! Loved it!
Myra Ball
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lots of amazing twist

This is one of the most unique series in the cozy paranormal genre. Dahlia is a heroine that is easy to root for. The previous two books have built up to Dahlia finally breaking her curse but there's unexpected twist and revelations. There's tons of creative imagination in the series. I can't wait to see what happens with Dahlia in the next books.
Lynn
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dahlia Poplar is a witch who is cursed. As she searches for a way to break the curse, she is enrolled to compete in Luna Lane’s first Euchre tournament. When the tournament ends early due to an explosion, Dahlia suspects foul play. Is the witch who cursed her behind it? Lots of twists and turns kept me interested and a lot of backstory info is revealed. Very enjoyable read.
Helen Drake
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in this engaging series. Overall I enjoy the characters. It took me longer to complete this book as I really did not like a new character that was introduced. When I finally finished the book, everything made sense.
Shannon
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dahlia is back and discovers more about her family in this book. It is just as good as the previous ones.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kindle unlimited

Liked it even flawed but with only 3 to series so far doubtful will remember to check back to see if anymore out
Monica
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Love how the town folks all care so much about each other. Good backstory on Dahlia's mother's family. ...more
Sandy
Nov 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: witch
This is the third book in this series and although it wraps things up the author left room for future books in the series. This had some twists that I wasn’t expecting.
Tiffany Marin
Luna Lane's jinxed witch and do-gooder Dahlia Poplar has been so fixated on researching ways to finally break her curse that she's not sure how well she'll do in the upcoming Euchre tournament. It doesn't help that she's never played the game. And she's so distracted that she's having trouble keeping up with her daily good deeds. The stone scales are getting larger, which makes it even more vital that she find a way to break the curse. There's also the fact that visiting professor, Cable Woodwar ...more
Sharon Clark
Shannon
Tracie M
Crystal
Oct 15, 2020

• Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3)
  • Berried Motives(Cranberry Cove # 6)
  • Ghoulish Magic (Tabby Kitten Mysteries #5)
  • Christmas Card Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #26.5)
  • Vexed by Vodka (Bohemia Bartenders Mysteries, #3)
  • Mulled Wine and Murder (A Charleton House Mystery, #5)
  • Over the Woodward Wall (The Up-and-Under, #1)
  • Raspberry Revenge (A Mission Inn-possible Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • Old Witch New Tricks (Wicked Witches of Pendle Island, #5)
  • Crumbs and Misdemeanors (Great Witches Baking Show #6)
  • Get Witch Quick (Wildes Witches #9)
  • A Cold Case Spoiled (Ice Witch Mysteries Book 3)
  • Tango Trouble (A Magical Mane Mystery, #4)
  • Witching & Moaning (Hex and The City #1)
  • Lies and Pumpkin Pies (Mitzy Moon Mysteries #10)
  • Without a Brew (Sloan Krause #4)
  • Hopes and Slippery Slopes (Mitzy Moon Mysteries #11)
  • Mistletoe, Moussaka, and Murder (A Kebab Kitchen Mystery #5)
Amy McNulty is an editor and author of books that run the gamut from YA speculative fiction to contemporary romance. A lifelong fiction fanatic, she fangirls over books, anime, manga, comics, movies, games, and TV shows from her home state of Wisconsin. When not editing her clients’ novels, she’s busy fulfilling her dream by crafting fantastical worlds of her own.

Spooky Games Club (4 books)
  • Broomsticks and Board Games (Spooky Games Club, #1)
  • Enchantments and Escape Rooms (Spooky Games Club, #2)
  • Curses and Crosswords (Spooky Games Club, #4)

News & Interviews